Start by marking “Passenger 13 (Ben Hope, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Passenger 13 (Ben Hope, #0.5)

Passenger 13 (Ben Hope 0.5)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  724 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
From the #1 Kindle and Top Ten Sunday Times bestselling author of the worldwide-acclaimed Ben Hope thrillers comes a brand new series of eBook originals featuring ex-SAS hero, Ben Hope.

PASSENGER 13
A novella by Scott Mariani

Five years before the events of The Alchemist's Secret...

Published July 5th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Passenger 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passenger 13

Lainy
Oct 09, 2011 Lainy rated it really liked it
From amazon

PASSENGER 13
A novella by Scott Mariani

Five years before the events of The Alchemist's Secret...

June 2003: the world is still on fire in the aftermath of 9/11. Fresh from the bloody conflict of the Second Gulf War, SAS soldier Ben Hope returns to Britain for some R&R leave, only to find himself embroiled in an intrigue deadlier than anything he's encountered on the battlefields of Iraq.

When a passenger aircraft piloted by Ben's former army comrade Nick Chapman crashed off the Cayma
Juliet
Dec 05, 2012 Juliet rated it it was amazing
I’m wondering if I can claim some sort of compensation from Mr Mariani for the number of dinners I’ve burned because I picked up one of his books for ‘five minutes’ while things were cooking. They greatly accelerate the passage of time whilst simultaneously diverting the attention from, say, the smell of smoke from the kitchen.

Passenger 13, e-book prequel, no less absorbing and action packed as the, count them, seven books in the Ben Hope series and requiring no prior reading of said books to pi
Nigel
Aug 12, 2011 Nigel rated it really liked it
Wow what a great short story read now we know why we love Ben Hope and what drives him on. Throughly recommend
Alison
Dec 11, 2012 Alison rated it liked it
This is a prequel to the Ben Hope series that was released between books six and seven. It fills in some of the back story and answers a few of the questions about Ben's background. In Passenger 13 Ben travels to the Cayman Islands to investigate a plane crash that killed an old friend. The theory is that pilot Nick Chapman crashed the plane deliberately in a suicide attempt, taking the passengers with him - but Ben is not so sure, and after Nick's daughter plays him a phone message from Nick as ...more
dennis barron
Feb 17, 2015 dennis barron rated it it was amazing
Passenger 13

A fast paced action packed thriller, which I have come to expect every time I read a Ben Hope book. Scott Mariani delivers every time. I've read them all! You what an action packed mystery? Check out Ben Hope!!
Caroline Scott
Jul 14, 2016 Caroline Scott marked it as to-read
Certainly an interesting read. Read this after I had read some of the other Ben Hope books and felt it was a good introduction to the main character, had I not already read some of the others.
Sue
Nov 06, 2012 Sue rated it really liked it
I’ve read a couple of Scott Mariani’s books before and very much enjoyed them. When I was searching through ebook/ Novellas on Amazon, I came across Passenger 13 and as it was a ‘Ben Hope’ book, I downloaded it without hesitation. I wasn’t disappointed in the slightest.

Ben Hope is a great hero for the book and I love the fact that he has his flaws as well. Although Passenger 13 doesn’t have the historical references that some of the later books have, it’s a great read and gives some background t
Trevor
Jun 22, 2014 Trevor rated it really liked it
A good book that goes back to Ben's days while in the army & why he left. Moved along at a good pace & is worth a read by all Ben Hope fans.
Tracy
Feb 23, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it
A quick book that gave some detail as to how Ben Hope gets to where he is today. 3.5 stars
Robin Carter
May 05, 2012 Robin Carter rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
I have not read anything by this author before, but i like a good action adventure thriller, at 49p i thought why not, a quick brain clean before the next serious read.
Have to say i was not disapointed, this was as i understand it a prequel to a longer running series and showed in that the character is well formed and is alive on the page already, the writing is fast / pacy and the book crammed with action and fun.

I can offer no better praise than im off to get book 1 of the series.

well worth a
Maya
Nov 02, 2014 Maya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, scott-mariani
LOVED this.
Sam Arnold
Dec 17, 2011 Sam Arnold rated it liked it
As I work my way through books I normally make notes in order to enlighten you all as to what the book is about. The first thing to say is that during this book I made none. However, this does not mean that the book was bad. In all honestly the book was well written and thoroughly enjoyable. The action is quick paced and engaging. If you like the Ben Hope series of books then you will love this prequel to the series. A good quick read. Only available on kindle I am afraid.
David Highton
Nov 19, 2015 David Highton rated it liked it
interesting prequel - bit far fetched but good fun
David Stimpson
Jan 13, 2014 David Stimpson rated it it was amazing
man i love Scott Marianis charge along style ..hes like Simon Kernick but more brutal ..nice to see how Ben got started
Janey
Oct 26, 2011 Janey rated it really liked it
Set approximately 5 years before The Alchemist's Secret and Ben Hope is still in the SAS when he hears that his good friend Nick Chapman has died in mysterious circumstances. Ben heads off to Grand Caymen to investigate and gets tangled up with a sinister group called Tartarus. A great action thriller and I look forward to reading more of Ben Hope's adventures.
Karen
Sep 16, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
A bit cheesey, but then most of Scott Mariani's books are! As this book is set before any of the other Ben Hope books, it was nice to fill in some of the blanks about his past.

Most annoying that it's only available on Kindle and not other e-reader formats - not having a Kindle, I had to read it on a laptop which was more than a little inconvenient.
Simon Lee
Jul 20, 2011 Simon Lee rated it liked it
A very short book hence finishing it in a couple of days. Good pre-quel and you now know why he took leave from the SAS. In terms of the quality of the book... nice idea and probably something Mariani wrote in a few days. Simple enough.
zenbren
Another good Ben Hope story of intrigue, high drama ,big buiness and corrupt politics as the hero attempts to clear his dead pilot friend's name of purposely killing his passengers while committing his own suicide.
Henry
Aug 03, 2013 Henry rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of the Ben Hope series, it was good to find out why he left the SAS and left him feeling jaded towards the intelligence services - a very enjoyable couple of hours to read. It didn't disappoint
Craig S.
Sep 29, 2011 Craig S. rated it really liked it
Want a fast-paced, action-packed read? This is it. Sort of a more earthy James Bond/SAS character, with that wry sense British humor you just have to love.
Jack
Aug 30, 2012 Jack rated it liked it
A Ben Hope novella in which Ben tries to find out what happened to an old army mate, but runs into some very unpleasant people
Susan Freeman
Feb 08, 2012 Susan Freeman rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed going back to an erlier Ben Hope, look forward to reading another. Story kept its pace from beginning to end.
Mike Dishmon
Jun 12, 2012 Mike Dishmon rated it really liked it
Great novella! Harkens back to Hope's beginnings, and is a very well told story. Thoroughly enjoyed every page of it.
Jane
Oct 18, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
Although this is a stand alone book it precludes a great series and is well worth the read.
Darren
Aug 07, 2015 Darren rated it really liked it
Fun, fast paced novella. Look forward to reading the Ben Hope novels in order.
Melanie
Nov 08, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Should read more in series. Book needs some editing but good story.
James Kidd
Dec 15, 2011 James Kidd rated it liked it
A nice novella explaining how Ben gets out of the Forces
Dan
Jan 27, 2013 Dan rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this crammed a lot into a short story
Michael
Mar 24, 2013 Michael rated it really liked it
Great little stories, easily devoured
Sherany
Jun 07, 2012 Sherany rated it it was amazing
muy interesante precuela
  • The Cross (Vampire Federation, #2)
  • The Nostradamus Prophecies (Antichrist Trilogy #1)
  • Combustion (Judd Bell & Corey Purchase, #2)
  • Double Play (Nadia Stafford, #3.5)
  • NORTHMAN
  • The Demon Code (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #2)
  • Secrets of the Dead
  • Judgement and Wrath (Joe Hunter, #2)
  • London Calling (Inspector Carlyle #1)
  • The Hunters (The Hunters, #1)
  • Rosie's War
  • A Scottish Ferry Tale
  • Assassin (Samuel Carver, #3)
  • Stettin Station (John Russell, #3)
  • The First Apostle (Chris Bronson, #1)
  • The Bones of Odin (Matt Drake, #1)

Ben Hope (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope #1)
  • The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope #2)
  • The Doomsday Prophecy (Ben Hope, #3)
  • The Heretic's Treasure (Ben Hope #4)
  • The Shadow Project (Ben Hope, #5)
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Sacred Sword (Ben Hope, #7)
  • The Armada Legacy (Ben Hope, #8)
  • The Nemesis Program (Ben Hope, #9)
  • The Forgotten Holocaust (Ben Hope, #10)

“Ira furor brevis est.” 0 likes