Start by marking “Discordia: The Eleventh Dimension” as Want to Read:
Discordia: The Eleventh Dimension

Discordia: The Eleventh Dimension

For Lance (level 19 zombie sorcerer) and his friend MrsKeller (level 23 hobgoblin brigand), life’s a battle and then you die.

And then you rez. And then you battle again.

At least, that’s how it is in Discordia, the addictive online game that makes real life seem dreary by comparison.

At his new school, Lance feels weird and out of place, but in beautiful and complex Discordi
Audio CD
Published May 1st 2009 by Brilliance Audio (first published April 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Discordia, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Krystianna
The ending definitely saved this book for me. Where is a sequel when you need one?!

Review to come.

Updated June 17 2013!

Lance, a zombie sorcerer, is always playing in the virtual world Discordia with his virtual friend MrsKeller. In this world, there are two sides: the zombies and the normal humans. The zombies can gain strength by eating others. Of course, Lance chooses to be a zombie. He takes the world and game playing so seriously. One day, he actually ends up being sucked into the real Disc
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Allison Fraclose for TeensReadToo.com

Although Lance is still a n00b in the MMOG (massively multiplayer online game), Discordia, he feels much more at home in the online world of the game than in his new school and apartment building.

His zombie sorcerer, also named LANCE, has already reached level 17 with the help of his hobgoblin friend, MRSKELLER, and the two spend many hours flirting and going on quests. Things get even better when a level 60 zombie named THEGREATONE invites both
Tim
May 12, 2012 Tim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wouldn't say this book was a massive disappointment, but it was certainly a let down. I had high hopes for an action packed adventure in the world of a MMO but when the author spent a very long time describing how a deer is disemboweled and skinned I began to have my worries. More worries began to crop up when several conflicts between characters arose and were resolved but with little to no impact on our main characters.

This book has was a great idea, I thought, for a story. But I believe th
Emma
Apr 14, 2010 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Small, and somewhat childish, but the plot was amazing and the characters charming. I was NOT expecting TheGreatOne to be evil, and it was kind of a slap in the face, but this book is awesome! Looking for the sequel, definitely.
Alana
May 10, 2017 Alana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first thought I had when I first came into contact with the book was "hey, this sounds like Sword Art Online and Log Horizon" (animes). And it basically is that it book form.
This is perfect to get avid gamers to finally get off the console and read a good book.
Zoe W.
Jun 30, 2017 Zoe W. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned-books
Gave up halfway through. Promising intro that turned into a confusing and weird story.
Kushal
Jay Eckert
I wish I could give this book two and a half stars. Three is too many, but two is not enough. Anyway, the book starts out with an interesting premise - kid who is big into MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online games) - gets sucked into said world. One description I read spent a lot of time on teenage Lance's backstory, but that's virtually non-existent in the book. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I did have a somewhat hard time empathizing with him, not know very much about his background.

H
4spencersj
This book is about a kid that gets addicted to this online mmorpg (massively multiplayer online role playing game) game called Discordia with his online friend "MrsKeller." He is a level 19 zombie sorcerer and she is a lv 22 hobgoblin brigand. They get invited to a group by a lv 60 zombie which is the highest lv, but he ends up seeing they have special abilities so takes them to the actual Discordia (The Eleventh Dimension) to help him take over the evil sorcerer.

I would have liked if the author
Tucker
Jan 27, 2017 Tucker rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far i think this book is very entertaining because its about a boy who plays video games and has a normal life like going to school and a family a house. But i feel like its all going to change soon... Lance starts playing "Discordia" (an online game) with online people he doesnt know. 1 person he is playing with (MrsKeller) is very friendly. The other player he is playing with (TheGreatOne) is creepy and do the two boys know there playing with a 30 year old man who will do something that cha ...more
Synia
Jan 30, 2014 Synia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First part was pretty interesting and has a good tone and pace towards the beginning of the book. However, problems arise with the introduction of the slave girl story arc, whose themes of entrapment of slavery don't really resonate with the main themes of the book presented for our protagonist. ( The ideas that he is escaping his problems in the game instead of facing them, or that he is being stubborn about adjusting to how things have to be with the move. ) Her storyline also gives the book s ...more
Alexis
Sep 09, 2012 Alexis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was good for a juvenile book. The plot was fairly straightforward but full of adventure and suspense. I think this book's greatest downfall is the writing. It started to fall apart near the end, and felt rushed; the author left out explanations or just skipped over character progression, hopping from, for example, strangers helping each other to best friends, without much or any actual reason for this, other than to keep up with the plot. On the plus side, I do like the premise of being pulle ...more
Kristen Jorgensen
Sep 07, 2009 Kristen Jorgensen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Gamers I know named Lance (and even he wouldn't like it)
Boy named Lance gets sucked into his game. Hummm... I really had to slosh my way through this one. It was too jumpy, skipping from place to place, without really connecting everything. Plot was weak, the chapters I liked the most were about Rayva the girl before she linked up with the boys. The story was boring until the last three pages where it finally grabbed my attention, only to end abruptly. However since I didn't ever learn to care about the characters to begin with I doubt I will bother ...more
Jwjohnsen
Dec 01, 2013 Jwjohnsen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the few books I genuinely wish I hadn't wasted a portion of my life reading. The premise is interesting (gamers pulled into the video game world) if already done much better in Ready Player One. The biggest problem is that the author doesn't seem to have any concept of pacing, plot continuity, or narrative flow. Several times during this book I turned back to see if I had accidentally skipped a page, which tells you just how disjointed things could be. There isn't much more to say ...more
Garrett Gregory
I thought the book was good. Its about a teenage boy named Lance and he loves computer games. One day during a snow storm the power goes out but the computer is still on when he clicks to play the next thing he knows hes in the game with his online friend and while there wandering around they meet a zombie another player trapped in a gamed. He says That he must slay the create to get out. This book is good for people who love video games. I think that anyone with a thing for books with fantasy s ...more
Meredith
I was really disappointed by this book. I loved the idea of two gamers getting sucked into an MMO, but it just didn't read well. The plot felt very loosely held together, and the writing really needed some polishing. My guess is that the publisher wanted the book out ASAP because of the nature of the content, and it didn't spend nearly as long as it should have in the editing process.

Also, I can't really see anyone who doesn't play MMOs being interested in this book, but if they were, it would b
Marcia Adversalo
From the beginning, I was interested in the premise of this book. It started off strong and definitely pulled me in. Then the story seemed to make jumps that didn't make sense and I kept re-reading parts to see if I missed something, but I hadn't. Maybe if I were more familiar with the gaming world, the things I didn't understand would have made more sense. The ending was very abrupt and unsatisfying. I'm disappointed that a book with such promise ended so poorly.
Brandi
Aug 04, 2008 Brandi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: reluctant readers
Shelves: teen, 2008
The concept of this book was really interesting. Two teens get sucked into an online computer game and discover that life in this world isn't as easy as life in front of the computer. The main problem with this book is that is reads like it was written by a teen for a homework assignment or something like that. There is no connection to be formed between you and the characters. It may be good for reluctant readers because it is easy to read through and the topic is timely.
Pascal
Apr 25, 2011 Pascal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice read. The characters were fun to hear about, realistic, and likable. The story was nice and had its true moments. The emotion was mildly catching. I took one star off however, because of its childishness all around. A bit too much to be put in the "teen's section." The second star went because events happened too quickly without enough description or depth to fully understand everything, or for that matter, for the event itself to seem complete.
Siya
Jul 23, 2014 Siya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not going to lie - the cover is pretty nice and the beginning isn't all that bad but by the time I reached the middle of the book I realized it was incredibly BORING. The beginning starts out pretty interesting and whatever with game manual and everything. It kind of deceives you into thinking it would be a pretty good book. The book was okay, nothing great. I already gave it away, and I'm not the kind of person who gives away my books...
Jessie
Jun 14, 2015 Jessie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It started off well, but when I got to the halfway point (or when the book suddenly and pointlessly switched to a female protagonist after faking out a probable female protagonist), it seemed really clear that the author had no idea how to weave a coherent storyline after the characters were transported to Discordia. I only finished it because I wanted to know how it ended, but the ending was lacklustre and didn't reveal anything at all.
Ann
May 17, 2009 Ann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, fantasy
Ages 10+

Okay enough, a boy (teenager?) gets sucked into the MMORPG that he obsessively plays. Good news: his friend, the boy "MrsKeller" gets sucked in with him. Bad news: it seems he has inherited some of the zombie traits of his avatar. Not terribly complex, but will appeal to younger fantasy readers and gamers. A cliffhanger ending all but guarantees a sequel (if the sales are right).
Melanie Au
Good premise -- getting sucked into a videogame will probably appeal to many boys. Action was pretty good, with strange creatures, magical spells -- things you would find in a video game (trading things in for money, gaining lives/power,etc)
Storyline was pretty good, with some interesting bits about uncontrollable transformations into zombies.
que_bella
I read about 60-100 pages but just couldn't get into it. This book was about two boys who get stuck in another realm that looks like a video game and the man who 'summoned' them leaves through a portal that closes behind him, the boys have to figure out what to do. That's as far as I got (plus there's this girl who skinned a deer and I read about the whole process! Disgusting!) so I gave it up.
 Marla
3.5 stars. Lance is new to his school, new in town and a noob gets sucked into a MMOG (massively multiplayer online game), Discordia. Good premise. Okay execution. I would read a sequel, if one was written.
Beth
Mar 28, 2011 Beth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young_adult
MrsKeller (Adam Boudreaux) and Lance Taylor are selected by TheGreatOne for a journey. They both love their computer online game, Discordia. They don't love entering the game as Lance battles turning into a zombie and finishing the quest.
Derek
Jun 26, 2010 Derek rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
A good book. If you play World of Warcraft or similar, it will possibly bore you to death, but it has redeeming points. The blurb makes it seem similar to Epic and Saga, but it's actually quite a different plotline, even if it is based off a real-life computer game.
Terris
Jan 07, 2016 Terris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In the "Discordia: The Eleventh Dimension" by Dena K. Salmon, the main character Lance has this obsession with the game Discordia. He spends most of his time on Discordia than he does in the real world.
Steph (Reviewer X)
I'm just gonna stop and not even rate this one because three pages in, I can just sense I am not going to enjoy it at all. I'm not the intended audience, not even close, so it'd be unfair to so much as give it a negative review.
Kyle Davis
The beginning of the book begins in Discordia an MMO that's the main game of the novel where we meet the main character lance and his online partner MrsKeller.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Havoc (Malice, #2)
  • Marco's Millions (Marco's Millions #1)
  • Fight Game (Fight Game, #1)
  • The Glitch in Sleep (The Seems, #1)
  • Red Moon Rising
  • The Gathering (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #2)
  • Carter's Unfocused, One-Track Mind (Carter Finally Gets It, #3)
  • Masters of Disaster
  • I'm With Stupid (Stupid Fast, #3)
  • Coaltown Jesus
  • Call the Shots (Swim the Fly, #3)
  • Permanent Record
  • War with the Evil Power Master (Choose Your Own Adventure, #37)
  • You Wish (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, #1)
  • Saga (Epic #2)
  • Gift of the Unmage (Worldweavers, #1)
  • The Fire Thief (Fire Thief Trilogy, #1)
  • Wereling (Wereling, #1)