Start by marking “Discordia: The Eleventh Dimension” as Want to Read:
Discordia: The Eleventh Dimension

Discordia: The Eleventh Dimension

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  39 reviews
For Lance (level 19 zombie sorcerer) and his friend MrsKeller (level 23 hobgoblin brigand), life’s a battle and then you die. And then you rez. And then you battle again. At least, that’s how it is in Discordia, the addictive online game that makes real life seem dreary by comparison.

At his new school, Lance feels weird and out of place, but in beautiful and complex Discor
Audio CD
Published May 1st 2009 by Brilliance Audio (first published April 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Discordia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discordia

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Allison Fraclose for TeensReadToo.com

Although Lance is still a n00b in the MMOG (massively multiplayer online game), Discordia, he feels much more at home in the online world of the game than in his new school and apartment building.

His zombie sorcerer, also named LANCE, has already reached level 17 with the help of his hobgoblin friend, MRSKELLER, and the two spend many hours flirting and going on quests. Things get even better when a level 60 zombie named THEGREATONE invites both
Krystianna
The ending definitely saved this book for me. Where is a sequel when you need one?!

Review to come.

Updated June 17 2013!

Lance, a zombie sorcerer, is always playing in the virtual world Discordia with his virtual friend MrsKeller. In this world, there are two sides: the zombies and the normal humans. The zombies can gain strength by eating others. Of course, Lance chooses to be a zombie. He takes the world and game playing so seriously. One day, he actually ends up being sucked into the real Disc
Tim
I wouldn't say this book was a massive disappointment, but it was certainly a let down. I had high hopes for an action packed adventure in the world of a MMO but when the author spent a very long time describing how a deer is disemboweled and skinned I began to have my worries. More worries began to crop up when several conflicts between characters arose and were resolved but with little to no impact on our main characters.

This book has was a great idea, I thought, for a story. But I believe th
Ashley
First part was pretty interesting and has a good tone and pace towards the beginning of the book. However, problems arise with the introduction of the slave girl story arc, whose themes of entrapment of slavery don't really resonate with the main themes of the book presented for our protagonist. ( The ideas that he is escaping his problems in the game instead of facing them, or that he is being stubborn about adjusting to how things have to be with the move. ) Her storyline also gives the book s ...more
Emma
Small, and somewhat childish, but the plot was amazing and the characters charming. I was NOT expecting TheGreatOne to be evil, and it was kind of a slap in the face, but this book is awesome! Looking for the sequel, definitely.
Jay Eckert
I wish I could give this book two and a half stars. Three is too many, but two is not enough. Anyway, the book starts out with an interesting premise - kid who is big into MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online games) - gets sucked into said world. One description I read spent a lot of time on teenage Lance's backstory, but that's virtually non-existent in the book. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I did have a somewhat hard time empathizing with him, not know very much about his background.

H
Kushal
4spencersj
This book is about a kid that gets addicted to this online mmorpg (massively multiplayer online role playing game) game called Discordia with his online friend "MrsKeller." He is a level 19 zombie sorcerer and she is a lv 22 hobgoblin brigand. They get invited to a group by a lv 60 zombie which is the highest lv, but he ends up seeing they have special abilities so takes them to the actual Discordia (The Eleventh Dimension) to help him take over the evil sorcerer.

I would have liked if the author
Siya
I'm not going to lie - the cover is pretty nice and the beginning isn't all that bad but by the time I reached the middle of the book I realized it was incredibly BORING. The beginning starts out pretty interesting and whatever with game manual and everything. It kind of deceives you into thinking it would be a pretty good book. The book was okay, nothing great. I already gave it away, and I'm not the kind of person who gives away my books...
que_bella
I read about 60-100 pages but just couldn't get into it. This book was about two boys who get stuck in another realm that looks like a video game and the man who 'summoned' them leaves through a portal that closes behind him, the boys have to figure out what to do. That's as far as I got (plus there's this girl who skinned a deer and I read about the whole process! Disgusting!) so I gave it up.
Alexis
It was good for a juvenile book. The plot was fairly straightforward but full of adventure and suspense. I think this book's greatest downfall is the writing. It started to fall apart near the end, and felt rushed; the author left out explanations or just skipped over character progression, hopping from, for example, strangers helping each other to best friends, without much or any actual reason for this, other than to keep up with the plot. On the plus side, I do like the premise of being pulle ...more
Kristen Jorgensen
Sep 29, 2009 Kristen Jorgensen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Gamers I know named Lance (and even he wouldn't like it)
Boy named Lance gets sucked into his game. Hummm... I really had to slosh my way through this one. It was too jumpy, skipping from place to place, without really connecting everything. Plot was weak, the chapters I liked the most were about Rayva the girl before she linked up with the boys. The story was boring until the last three pages where it finally grabbed my attention, only to end abruptly. However since I didn't ever learn to care about the characters to begin with I doubt I will bother ...more
May FLower
Fun story although the ending was extremely abrupt and not very satisfying... so there'd better be a sequel!
Meredith
I was really disappointed by this book. I loved the idea of two gamers getting sucked into an MMO, but it just didn't read well. The plot felt very loosely held together, and the writing really needed some polishing. My guess is that the publisher wanted the book out ASAP because of the nature of the content, and it didn't spend nearly as long as it should have in the editing process.

Also, I can't really see anyone who doesn't play MMOs being interested in this book, but if they were, it would b
Jwjohnsen
This is one of the few books I genuinely wish I hadn't wasted a portion of my life reading. The premise is interesting (gamers pulled into the video game world) if already done much better in Ready Player One. The biggest problem is that the author doesn't seem to have any concept of pacing, plot continuity, or narrative flow. Several times during this book I turned back to see if I had accidentally skipped a page, which tells you just how disjointed things could be. There isn't much more to say ...more
Night Snitch
discontented with the ending..
part 2 please
Garrett Gregory
I thought the book was good. Its about a teenage boy named Lance and he loves computer games. One day during a snow storm the power goes out but the computer is still on when he clicks to play the next thing he knows hes in the game with his online friend and while there wandering around they meet a zombie another player trapped in a gamed. He says That he must slay the create to get out. This book is good for people who love video games. I think that anyone with a thing for books with fantasy s ...more
Brandi
Aug 07, 2008 Brandi rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: reluctant readers
Shelves: 2008, teen
The concept of this book was really interesting. Two teens get sucked into an online computer game and discover that life in this world isn't as easy as life in front of the computer. The main problem with this book is that is reads like it was written by a teen for a homework assignment or something like that. There is no connection to be formed between you and the characters. It may be good for reluctant readers because it is easy to read through and the topic is timely.
Marcia Adversalo
From the beginning, I was interested in the premise of this book. It started off strong and definitely pulled me in. Then the story seemed to make jumps that didn't make sense and I kept re-reading parts to see if I missed something, but I hadn't. Maybe if I were more familiar with the gaming world, the things I didn't understand would have made more sense. The ending was very abrupt and unsatisfying. I'm disappointed that a book with such promise ended so poorly.
Pascal
A nice read. The characters were fun to hear about, realistic, and likable. The story was nice and had its true moments. The emotion was mildly catching. I took one star off however, because of its childishness all around. A bit too much to be put in the "teen's section." The second star went because events happened too quickly without enough description or depth to fully understand everything, or for that matter, for the event itself to seem complete.
Ann
Ages 10+

Okay enough, a boy (teenager?) gets sucked into the MMORPG that he obsessively plays. Good news: his friend, the boy "MrsKeller" gets sucked in with him. Bad news: it seems he has inherited some of the zombie traits of his avatar. Not terribly complex, but will appeal to younger fantasy readers and gamers. A cliffhanger ending all but guarantees a sequel (if the sales are right).
Melanie Au
Good premise -- getting sucked into a videogame will probably appeal to many boys. Action was pretty good, with strange creatures, magical spells -- things you would find in a video game (trading things in for money, gaining lives/power,etc)
Storyline was pretty good, with some interesting bits about uncontrollable transformations into zombies.
Derek
A good book. If you play World of Warcraft or similar, it will possibly bore you to death, but it has redeeming points. The blurb makes it seem similar to Epic and Saga, but it's actually quite a different plotline, even if it is based off a real-life computer game.
Beth
MrsKeller (Adam Boudreaux) and Lance Taylor are selected by TheGreatOne for a journey. They both love their computer online game, Discordia. They don't love entering the game as Lance battles turning into a zombie and finishing the quest.
Steph (Reviewer X)
I'm just gonna stop and not even rate this one because three pages in, I can just sense I am not going to enjoy it at all. I'm not the intended audience, not even close, so it'd be unfair to so much as give it a negative review.
 Marla
3.5 stars. Lance is new to his school, new in town and a noob gets sucked into a MMOG (massively multiplayer online game), Discordia. Good premise. Okay execution. I would read a sequel, if one was written.
Nukeyeti
This book was OK. About a complete game addict who gets sucked into the world of the game. Good idea, but the book could have been much better.
Dawn E
This was a fun quick read for taking a break betwen the heavier books. The plot was easy to follow. The ending gave sugggestion to another book.
Ms. Estes
Dec 05, 2011 Ms. Estes is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far this book is pretty crazy...it's about a kid who is obsessed with a video game but then gets sucked into the game!
Jr.hester
This book was an absolute drag for me, i only finished it because i literally had nothing else to do. (besides breathe)
  • Havoc (Malice, #2)
  • Red Moon Rising
  • The Glitch in Sleep (The Seems, #1)
  • Marco's Millions (Marco's Millions #1)
  • The Gathering (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #2)
  • Fight Game (Fight Game, #1)
  • Masters of Disaster
  • The Book of the Sword (The Darkest Age, #2)
  • Carter's Unfocused, One-Track Mind (Carter Finally Gets It, #3)
  • Saga (Epic #2)
  • Coaltown Jesus
  • Call the Shots (Swim the Fly, #3)
  • I'm With Stupid (Stupid Fast, #3)
  • The Fire Thief (Fire Thief Trilogy, #1)
  • The Challenge (Steel Trapp, #1)
  • Gift of the Unmage (Worldweavers, #1)
  • You Wish (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, #1)
  • Ghosts of War: The True Story of a 19-Year-Old GI
Discordia: Worlds Without End The Doctors Book of Home Remedies for Children: From Allergies and Animal Bites to Toothaches and TV Addiction, Hundreds of Doctor-Proven Techniques and Tips to Care for Your Child