Start by marking “At Risk: Passion and Peril at Sea” as Want to Read:
At Risk: Passion and Peril at Sea

At Risk: Passion and Peril at Sea

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  14 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
At Risk explores the complexities of love and marriage, as well as the dark side of racism and bigotry—all aboard the luxury cruise liner, the Sea Star.
A cruise along the Mexican Riviera is the setting for a disparate group of passengers who dine together nightly. In that intimacy, they reveal aspects of their lives and family backgrounds which set in motion events ranging
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about At Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Risk

Esther Somorai
Aug 19, 2012 Esther Somorai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from the author through Goodreads, first-reads. Thank you.

I really enjoyed the interaction between the characters, and the story that kept you reading to see what was going to happen next. Some great hold your breath suspense along with the consequences of choices made by the characters. I'm so glad I won this book.
Sue
Aug 23, 2012 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so lucky to win a copy of "At Risk", Passion and Peril at Sea by Jackie Ullerich, through the Goodreads Giveaway Contest.

At Risk is a suspense novel that covers so many issues, such as living in the comfort zone versus pursuing your dreams,having courage to make a decision,love and marriage, as well as the dark side of bigotry.

The setting takes place on a cruise ship,the Sea Star,on the Mexican Riviera where a group of passengers dine together nightly. It is here that they reveal aspects o
Tom
Sep 09, 2012 Tom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book from Goodreads' First Reads program. The author, Mrs. Ullerich, personally autographed the book, which was nice to see. My rating is a little misleading. I would have like to rate it a 3.5, but no half stars available, and for this book I decided I'd rather be more generous than stingy with my rating.

The main setting is on a cruise ship touring the Mexican Riviera, where a disparate group of travelers find themselves sitting at the same dinner table. Little did anyone know
Carol  MacInnis
Sep 02, 2012 Carol MacInnis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Tracy Bradshaw is about to embark on a Mexican Riviera Cruise but her husband Peter is unable to make it due to business commitments and an underlying hint that a trial separation may be good for them. Ben Redford, a University Professor as well as a consultant with the FBI due to his research on fringe groups and hate organizations and his wife Patty are also booked on the cruise. Also Jack Watkins who is a retired Military Officer and appears to be a neo-Nazi sumpathizer along with his wife Jo ...more
Juliette Townsend
Mar 22, 2014 Juliette Townsend rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this review here: http://paperbacksandfrosting.com

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I couldn't put it down. I was reading it on my phone because I don't have a Kindle, and I hate reading on my phone, but that didn't bother me with this book! I couldn't stop. It definitely is worth picking up if you're looking for an interesting story that's going to keep you on the edge of your seat. I was never sure what Tracy's next move was going to be and I love when I can't predict the main character tha
Jan
I won this book from a First Reads giveaway - many thanks to the author Jackie Ullerich for a signed copy! I recently had my left knee replaced and this was the first book I read during my recovery. Although I couldn't concentrate very well, this book kept my interest. I just had to find out what Tracy was going to do! Thanks again Jackie for giving me a great read!
Nicole Kumar
Mar 06, 2013 Nicole Kumar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fanastic read! A cruise along the beautiful Mexican Riviera turns treacherous as a socialite, fbi consultant, needy loud-mouth, and many other intriguing characters come together to face hidden dangers, romance and temptation. The author is great at painting a vivid portrait of exotic locations and making the reader feel like he knows each character intimately.
Joyce Ferrante
Aug 29, 2012 Joyce Ferrante rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from Goodreads, first reads - thank you!! It was a true page-turner from start to finish. I loved the suspense and adventure in it and felt like I was right there. There were many issues that required the characters to make difficult decisions. I highly recommend this book and found it an easy read that can be read in a day.
Anita
Jul 11, 2011 Anita rated it it was amazing
Jackie has a clever plot, with twists and turns that will keep you turning pages until the end! No wonder this made the semi finals of the Amazon breakout awards this year!
DARLEANA D. GOBIN
Julius Ullerich
Julius Ullerich rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Ursula
Ursula marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2012
Amanda
Amanda added it
Aug 06, 2012
Anja Manning
Anja Manning marked it as to-read
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Aliggio
Aliggio marked it as to-read
Alysa Morley
Alysa Morley marked it as to-read
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Lucy Leblanc
Lucy Leblanc marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Marci
Marci marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
allbook reviews 1 5 Jan 25, 2012 10:19AM
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A native Californian, Jackie Ullerich was born in Los Angeles, grew up in San Diego and attended UCLA, where she graduated with honors , earning a secondary teaching credential in theater arts and English. She also attained Master Teacher status, which qualified her to train and supervise student teachers at the high school level.
In a major change of venue, Jackie left the classroo
More about Jackie Ullerich...