Start by marking “A Little Bit Country” as Want to Read:
A Little Bit Country

A Little Bit Country (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
These two men used to be rivals. A (country) music star who is the perfect son in law material and a volatile rock star with an attitude. The men have been at odds for years, the media fueling the rivalry. But somehow their animosity turned into tenderness. How did that happen?

Now, dear author, I realize this set up has the potential to produce a really sappy
Published July 9th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about A Little Bit Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Bit Country

Exina
Ash Ivers is a rock star, Jackson Abrams is a country star. Although they never met, Ash started a media feud between them that has been running for three years now. On a charity concert they finally meet, and they are both determined to end this pointless, baseless rivalry. But the inexplicable tension between them makes it really difficult. After many mistakes and misunderstandings on both parts, they finally manage to create a balance.
“I don’t get it with you two. You cross words constantly
Judith
Apr 13, 2015 Judith rated it really liked it
Recommended to Judith by: ***Ralu~DirtyBooksObsession~***
Shelves: best-m-m
*** ENJOYED THIS A LOT !! ***

Jackson and Ash have been involved in a media war for three years...they eventually meet in person where they are both featuring in a Benefit Concert.They both try and 'clear the air' between them but continue to 'rub each other up the wrong way'..(Oh dear,but you know what I mean..about the rubbing.....)

He's not easy to get along with.When I'm with him,I don't know if I want to choke him or fuck him"

When they do get together the chemistry is of the charts hot..

As
Heather C
Asshole, Asshole! They were both ASSHOLES!!!!

Ohhh, but assholes do make for some explosive sexual tension!!!

I will back that up with these quotes:
"Since I took back the Asshole Award from you last night, I wanted to give you a chance to win it again."

"Well, that was one way for us to work out the tension between us."

…and I will throw in this one just for fun:
"God, please stop. I was trying to talk kinky and you turned it into cows. There's no sexy in that."

I really liked this story. Country
Ami
Jul 11, 2011 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
This short story ends in a way that make me grumbles over word limitation. Because there is NO WAY their story is near finished. I am so captivated with Ash and Jackson and how well, OPPOSITES attract theme strikes again. I truly want to be with them a whole lot more. I want sequel! Or better yet, a novel!
A Girl Has No Name
3.5 stars rounded up to 4!

A Little Bit Country is one of the better known contributions to the Don’t Read in the Closet Event and I have been looking forward to reading this story since quite a while now. I usually enjoy stories about musicians and this one wasn’t an exception.

Ash, a famous rock star and lead singer of From Ashes has an ongoing feud with Jackson, country music sweetheart. The interesting aspect of this enemies-to-lover trope is that Ash and Jackson never really met in person, t
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions

Yes they are both pretty much assholes but I loved them anyway. I am sad it ended, there is so much more I want .

Anyway great story, great characters, lots of tension, some laughs and other stuff.
Arthur
Jul 14, 2011 Arthur rated it it was amazing
Ashton is a rock star. Jackson is a country star. They have been feuding in the media for three years, starting from when Jackson won the Grammy's for the best new star. So far, however, they have not met each other. Despite their public feuds, however, they secretly enjoy listening to each other music. Until one day, they both are in a same charity concert.

Jackson tries to talk to Ash, but their first encounter in person ends badly. Feeling bad, Ash goes to Jackson to talk, but this one, too, e
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**3.5 stars**

I liked this short by S.J. Frost but not as much as I expected. I think part of the problem is that the premise didn't do much for me (I'm not a big rock star MC fan). I didn't like how the ending seemed sudden and a bit unresolved, and I didn't get into the characters as much as I would have liked. It gets rounded up to 4 stars because it was free and I like to support Hot Summer Days/ Love is Always Right.
Susan65
Mar 22, 2013 Susan65 rated it it was amazing
Somebody smack me for not reading this sooner. Seriously, I was hooked from the get-go and can't wait to read the extended version. These boys are smokin'.
Marte

*** 3,5 Hot N Cold stars ***

A nice "short" story about a rocker and a country artist hooking up.

----------------------
They came from different lifestyles, different backgrounds, different music styles, but when he looked into Ash's eyes, he'd never met anyone who seemed so familiar.
----------------------

I say "short" because, geez, the chapters just kept coming! The story was good, but it either needed to be more "compact" or been longer, you know? It ended up in the middle. Too long for a shor

Pixie
Aug 15, 2015 Pixie rated it liked it
I flipped back and forth between 2 stars and 3 stars. I liked the concept, you could see how that these two had some type of sexual tension that would result in them hooking up once they met in person. The first two meetings kept in line with their three year history of saying the wrong things and blowing up into a fight due to misunderstanding. Once they hooked up I had hoped that would end but sadly this because a predictable pattern for them, talk, hookup, talk, have misunderstanding, Ash ...more
Phaney
Oct 12, 2012 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Well. That worked out rather well.

It wasn’t a long story; novella-size, really. What I particularly appreciate here was that despite no confessions of love or promises of ever-after being exchanged by the end of it, the story still found a good ending. Yeah, (view spoiler), but this left me with a good feeling about their future regardless.

Nice guys, even with all the fighting. :3
Vallie
Jan 22, 2014 Vallie rated it liked it
Cute story about bad boy rock star Ash and Mr. Nice guy country music star Jackson. The enemies to lovers theme was really good but their dialogue turned sappy pretty fast. Decent erotica with entertaining attempts at dirty talk involving roping and cows. I had quite a few laughs with that! Other than the really abrupt ending and the cheesy lines, this was good. Recommend!
Lauren
Wonderful story! I loved this, and was totally disappointed when it finished! I'd have been happy to read about these characters forever ;) One of my favourites from the Hot Summer Days stories. Thank you so much S.J. for such a fantastic story.
Virginia
I loved this short. Story about two competing musicians who keep sniping at each other to hide their mutual attraction. Very sexy read with great banter. Nice progression of the story as they learn to better communicate. Would love to read more about this couple.
Joan
Apr 15, 2015 Joan rated it it was amazing
Jackson and Ash were fantastic. Loved their angry media foreplay. Ha, ha. When they finally get together is was explosive. Just a fun sexy read.
Summer
Oct 11, 2011 Summer rated it it was amazing
Great humor in this story and an excellent case of opposites attracting! I look forward to more on these characters (Jackson's coming out?) and on the secondary characters.
Edina Rose
Jul 14, 2011 Edina Rose rated it it was amazing
Amazing! My fav by this author! The right amount sweetness and roughness. Simply Perfect.
Kari Gregg
Jul 12, 2011 Kari Gregg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt, 2011
This was so incredibly perfect, pushed all my hot rocker buttons, LOL.
Jess
Jul 20, 2011 Jess rated it it was amazing
I would give it 6 stars if I could. I freaking ADORED it!!!!!!!!

Thankyou SJF :)
Silvia
Jackson is a country western star and Ash is a rocker with all the glitter that goes with it. After openly feuding in the press for three years they find themselves headlining a benefit concert for HIV/AIDS. They decide it's time to bury the hatchet and let bygones be bygones but more than apologies surface and they find themselveslves singing in perfect harmony. Loved this story.
Stacey Jo
This is part of the Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One anthology. Trust S.J. Frost to give us the perfect rocker genre story. After reading her Conquest series, she's my go-to author for all things rockstars :o)

This short story is about Ash: gorgeous rockstar, all black eyeliner, mowhawks, tats, piercings and loads of bad attitude and Jackson, mild-mannered country singer, the guy you wanna bring home to your parents. Both have had an ongoing verbal feud no thanks to the media who loves to ke
Wendy Ann
I love it when opposites attract! What a fantastic job of building the characters. I wanted to smack them at times for making stupid comments or misunderstanding what the other one said, and yet I was grinning when they smacked themselves instead and realized how stupid some of their actions were:)

This story had so much meat (now, now, I say that to mean "substance", nothing more *grin*) and yet I'd also love to see more of them and learn if Jackson comes all the way out of the closet or not. I
SueM
Jul 27, 2011 SueM rated it it was amazing
You had me at 'Hello' 'Goddamn it!' I loved this story, loved the rivalry and loved how they had so much in common underneath it all. Now if I can just Donny and Marie out of my head, it would be perfect! Thanks SJ!
Karlijn
Jun 21, 2015 Karlijn rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, novella
This story is soooo good. And I just read that there is an full-length story made of it. So yeah, bye, see you later. Reading that now :)
Наталья
3.5

Последняя глава про ранчо все испортила. Всю новеллу речь шла про певцов, музыкантов, фанатов, прессу и т.п... и вдруг ранчо и затянутые разговоры про скот и лошадей.
Pebbles1374
Jan 14, 2015 Pebbles1374 rated it it was amazing
That was a really great short story!
Shahreen
Jul 12, 2011 Shahreen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Loved it!!! Can't we have a sequel???
Maya
Aug 02, 2011 Maya rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I am in desperate need of a sequel.
Camille
  • Dog Days of Summer
  • Starting Over
  • Sweet Dreams
  • More Than Words
  • Outfoxed (Glitter Fox, #1)
  • Masochism 101
  • It's the End of the World As We Know It
S.J. Frost resides in Ohio with her family, pets, and horses. Her short stories have been featured in several erotic and romance anthologies, and her novels are published through MLR Press. Rock stars, vampires, fantasy heroes, and more, she enjoys dabbling in many different sub-genres in gay romance, but no matter what she writes, love and passion are the driving forces in every story.
More about S.J. Frost...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix
  • The Gift
  • The Guttersnipe's Gift

“Just finding someone to love you as much as you love them is a lot to ask for, sweetie. It is for all of us. We spend years wanting it, searching for it, dreaming about it.For some, it comes to them easy. For others, they may never find it.So, if you have someone who you think can give it, you should give
them a chance to. You already have music, so all you need is the other
one. And I‘m not saying it could be just around the corner, but you never know. It might be.”
1 likes