Start by marking “Wanting Jack” as Want to Read:
Wanting Jack

Wanting Jack (Hot Summer Days)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Free short story written for the M/M Romance group's "Hot Summer Days" event.

Prompt:
Dear Author,

I have tried every game and trick that I can think of. All I want is to have the big boss man take one look in my direction. I have been in love with him since the first day I stepped foot on this ranch two years ago.
Can someone out there give this cocky cowboy the HEA and puni
ebook, Online Fiction
Published July 1st 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads (first published June 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wanting Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanting Jack

The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyBareback by Chris OwenThe Broken H by J.L. LangleyNatural Disaster by Chris OwenTiming by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Cowboys
144th out of 294 books — 445 voters
Trust by Zahra OwensDon't Read in the Closet by Jade ArcherDon't Read in the Closet by Clare LondonTears From Above by Michele L. MontgomeryWanting by Piper Vaughn
MM Romance Group Hot Summer Days
68th out of 118 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I was really nervous about the tags for this one since I am not a fan of BDSM or spanking. However the BDSM was simply restraints which I am fine with since I understand that and the spanking was like two slaps and more intimate than the usual spanking scenes I have read in MM books. So that said the sex was really hot and I was nervous about nothing from those silly Tags.

Also I really liked the story it was very intimate and the connection between the characters felt very real. I am a little m
L-D
I didn't love the photo that inspired this story. It was kind of silly seeing the naked cowboy riding a horse with his crazy tan lines. Then I read the story and frankly - it was about as silly as the photo. I think that the author was a bit handcuffed by the photo and the story then became an almost literal translation of the photo, but I guess it is kind of hard to explain a naked cowboy. I would have liked to have read a more creative story.

Don't Read in the Closet is a collection of short st
Cindi
I was a little taken aback (for lack of better words) with the way the cowboy decided to finally make his move on the man he's been lusting over and been in love with for over two years. It came across as a little childish and silly to be honest.

BUT... the story worked. Once I got beyond that particular part, I enjoyed it. A lot. Granted, it seemed a little much that the two main characters had felt the same thing toward each other and neither acted on it until what I mentioned above.

Doesn't ma
CAS
Penny, I am going to turn your words back on YOU because they more than express how much I LOVED this story!!! :)

“Yeah,” he said, knowing how inadequate he sounded, but there really wasn’t anything else he could have added. It was beautiful, more than beautiful; it was amazing."

My favorite line: “I’m not going to warn you again, Dale. You wanted me to notice your ass. I have. You don’t need to keep thrusting it into my face.”
Awesome story Penny.
Second time today I shed some tears...

Neyjour
Story Prompt:

Dear Author,

Can someone out there give this cocky cowboy the HEA and punishment that he is looking for.

Sincerely,
KellyJo
Wendy Ann
Giddyup cowboy! Fantastic job:) I think my favorite part was when they were riding the horse back to the ranch and Jack was oh so close, and yet oh so far with his arms wrapped around Dale and his hands resting on Dale's thighs. I could feel the longing from Dale - loved it!!!

Arlyn
This book was hot, short, and sweet. Jack and Dale were yummy together. The only issue I take with the story is that I find it hard to believe that 2 people can fall in love without really developing a relationship of any kind beforehand. I don't think they've even had a conversation that extended beyond brief references to work. I inferred this as Dale's internal dialogue revealed that he wasn't sure Jack even knew his name...Lust, fascination, infatuation...sure. But love? How do you know you ...more
Cassie Richards
Hot short story about cowboys in australia. The bdsm is very very mild, not even sure I'd count it as such.

I think it would have been better without the declarations of love, still good though.
Aniko
4 stars
This story is called Finding Jack in the Don't Read In The Closet Vol. 1 anthology.

On a side note; we have stations in Australia, not ranches.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I don't usually like BDSM but I thought this was really hot. It was one of the very first BDSM stories that I read and liked and I read it several times.
SueM
Oh wow! You really captured the image of an outback cattle station. And the story... Hot, hot, hot! Great job!
Monika
I loved this story...short, sweet and really really hot! I could really feel the chemistry between these two... *sigh*
GlamLawyer
So they want each other since months but don't talk. Then one gets naked on his horse and yeah out of nowhere they are in a BDSM situation. No talking. No rules. No safe words. But whatever it's just mild, only one MC is cuffed to the bed. Nothing special for a first time... I'm sarcastic and I didn't like it. Obviously.
Furio
I was underwhelmed. Both the romance and the erotica reads far fetched and even disagreeable. Feelings and reactions are extreme without being really passionate.
Alicja
rating: 2.5/5

The sex was hot but the romance not believable, too rushed and all gushy at the end.
Milyd
I didn't feel Jack's love at all. The story just seemed to be incomplete
Lila Hunter
Nice story. A little unconventional, but it worked well.
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Quite the hot little read. I'm glad I've never had to go to the lengths that Dale did to get Jack's attention, but just glad he got the desired response.
Zach Sweets
I really enjoyed this story. I didn't feel lost or anything. U really did cover pretty much everything :) hope you will write more about them :D
Ashley♥Alexis

It wasn't bad. I could even say I liked it. It just came off as simple and campy. I was entertained for all of 3 minutes.
Rachel
Another great story from the M/M Romance group's Hot Summer Days!
Emily
I really enjoyed this story. I hope you continue this story line! :)
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
  • Appearing Knightly
  • Cupid's Beau
  • Wild Blue Yonder
  • Moon Over Montana
I've been writing for years, but have only recently realised other people are interested in what I write. I'm also a complete romantic who believes everyone can fall in love if only they open their heart to the possibility!
More about Penny Brandon...
Blind Passion Choices (The Looking Glass #1) Jackman (Love is Always Write) Because of You Playing The Field