Start by marking “Just One Kiss” as Want to Read:
Just One Kiss

Just One Kiss (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,

They were both straight guys or so they thought they were!!

Published July 7th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads (first published July 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Kiss

Story Prompt:
These guys are radiating love for each other.. but it's entirely new for them.. They have been best friends forever but this is their first taste of each other.. They were both straight guys or so they thought they were!! And after this wonderful episode will they mark it as a once in a lifetime thing or will they confess their undying love for each other and face the reality of their love. They look so adorable together!!

What is it with all these stories and their awesome-ness? I need to know more about them, dammit. I liked the plot, loved the characters and absolutely enjoyed the forbidden yet passionate sex ^_^
Jul 19, 2011 CAS rated it it was amazing
I feel like I just scored the Triple Crown and what a payoff!!!
Best Friends to first time GFU lovers, to "you and me against the world" partners in EVERY aspect of their lives.
First Time Starters out of the gate, Blinkers on and off to a Blanket Finish!
This one's "In the money!" :)

Pardon the racetrack analogy but with what? 113 stories... a girl has to get creative in expressing praise for all these amazing stories!

Jul 20, 2011 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
This story was hot... Matt and Cam were so hot together. Smokin!! Once again I wish it would have been longer:-) Great one Lisa but not surprised:-)
Jul 20, 2011 LutaWolf rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, free-read
I think I've hit the lotto with all the awsome reads I've had tonight but damn this hits my top favs. I was covering my face with my hands while still reading and then clapping my hands. lol. And OMG it was steamy! My partner is walking around with a big happy face cause I pounced! lol..... At first you go hmm really but it's all in the details. I got the connection, I got the draw, the emotional play, and because of the type of personalities they have I totally understood why this was easy for ...more
I love friends-to-lovers stories and this one was hot! Loved it!
Wendy Ann
*wiping sweat from brow* Whoa, is it hot in here, or is it just me? Friends to lovers is one of my favorite themes and I've got to say that the build up of sexual tension had me squirming in my chair;) Kudos to Cam for his sly manipulation and bravado once Matt shared the story of his girlfriend's desire for a threesome, because surely Cam and Matty were meant to be together! How can they not have a HEA with the attitude of "Cam and Matty against the rest of the world"? Loved it!!!

Aug 10, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story was smoking hot! Two "straight" best friends who have been together since they were 8 years old, have their weekly "Friday Movie Night." One friend, Matt, confesses to the other, Cam, that his girlfriend wants to have a threesome with another guy. Cam tries to get Matt to kiss him with the excuse that if he can't even kiss his best friend, then how is he going to kiss another guy. Well the kiss happens and the sparks fly! Hot sex ensues and they realize they want more. (awwww). I ...more
Real sweet one. Two straight friends who over Friday movie night take their friendship to another level. Lisa Worrall depicted that sudden moment when everything clicks and falls into place and you know what you’re doing is right awesomely well.
I disconnected my brain and had a short good time.

The plot, bare as being presented, doesn't stand the slightest analysis. But the story is burning hot and very well written with an intense prose.
Oct 06, 2011 L-D rated it it was amazing
This story was part of the M/M Romance Groups' Hot Summer Days Event. I love these projects because it matches an M/M writer with a photo and a reader request. To view the photo and request that inspired this story click on the link below (Warning photo depicts tasteful M/M situation):

How hot is this photo?

Man - what a sap I am. This is my favorite GFY genre in a tiny little package and wrapped with a bow. "Cam and Matty against the rest of the world." *s
Oct 10, 2011 Kinga rated it it was ok
It was really hot, but it also felt kind of... wrong. Or unrealistic I guess. But one minute they're straight best friends and the next they are into oral and anal sex and find each others cocks attractive? That was a bit too fast for me and it just felt wrong. Like "come on, really?" Sorry...
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Oct 18, 2011 Audrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: man-love
Another m/m short story about lifelong friends who become...something more. Two buddies go from cops to...copping a feel? (Okay, that was bad.) I thought the story was well-written and the sexytimes were hot. I liked that neither of them was really sure what they were doing, but they just knew what they were doing felt right. The speed with which they went from "what the heck are we doing???" to heading into the bedroom raised some eyebrows, but I'm prepared to believe that a couple of aggressiv ...more
Apr 26, 2012 Cindi rated it really liked it
I am such a big fan of this author. I have yet to read anything by her that I didn't absolutely love and this is no exception. Throughout the past few days of reading the Hot Summer Days anthology, I kept wanting to jump to this story (that is next to last, by the way) simply because of who wrote it. I was a good girl and read them all in order.

This is a nice short about two best friends who suddenly discover during their routine Friday night "guys night" that what they feel toward each other is

Offered FREE from M/M Romance Group, Hot Summer Days event.

I liked this a lot. You could really feel the guys' connection and I felt like the author did a good job of expressing how they would be feeling. Besides, the sex was hot. It sucks that they had girlfriends, but I guess that was to emphasize their previous hetero status. Although it sort of ends on a HFN, I felt like it was also a HEA. Granted they have a whole lot of coming out to do, but it left me feeling like they were headed that ro
Bettye Kanady
Nov 15, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
This story was pretty good, but I have to say... someone was keeping secrets in this story. It just went so quickly from "best buds" to I want to have sex with you in the worst way, can we please start with oral! Don't get me wrong, I thought the story was well written, had a good premise (but how do you actually go wrong with I really love my best friend?), and the characters were very likable. Besides the names Cameron and Matt are completely awesome in their own right! Who wouldn't love to se ...more
Cute. Like way cute. It's mostly just one sex scene but I liked both the characters. Not the most realistic either, but who cares. It made me smile.
May 20, 2013 Gigi rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-ftl-bisexual
Just a another short, great reason Lisa Worrall is the M/M romance Queen!
I'm on a freebie roll at the moment. This story was part of the Hot Summer Days Event held by GR in 2011, and as it's Lisa Worrall, thought I'd take a chance. LOVED IT!! 4 stars and a huge from me!!

Shortie review. Matt and Cam, best friends since they were 8 and 7 respectively when Matt moved in next door. They go through life together, helping each other through the heartaches that get thrown at them, and are just having one of their usual Friday Night, Guys Night's in, complete with Shaun of
Lisa Worrall! Sexaay ! Hottie cops! Lots of slap and tickle! What's not to love?

Friends to lovers/ GFY short story... best guys night in EVER. That was a HOT little sizzler.. * Big grin *
I'm not overly fond of best friends becoming lovers stories, but here it might be what is going on, but really the short story concentrates more on the sexual encounter than on the ramifications / angst / etc. that are part and parcel of that change from friends to lovers. Very hot and worth a little smile at the end.
Funzee Shu

Cops --- check !
Friends to lovers --- check !
Gay for you --- check !
Virgins --- check !
First time --- check !
Cute --- check !
Sexy --- check !
Hot --- check !!!!!!
Cheating --- ??? Ehm....Is there any possibility to do 4some ??? *grinning*

What etiquette you were meant to follow after you had sex with your best friend. Especially when your best friend was a guy and you were both supposed to be straight.
How had they got here?
Where did they go from here?
Did they sweep it under the carpet?
Laugh it
Feb 28, 2014 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, hot
Best friends to lovers / Cops / Hot sex...

photo 8542818_zps71851928.gif

Whats not to love??

Nothing... ;))
May 06, 2015 Arlyn rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this! Wow, I'm seriously getting into M/M romance & erotica lately, and this one was really good! Cam & Mat are one of my favorite couples yet...and the sex? Smoking hot! I always thought the allure of identifying with the female protagonist while she finds herself sandwiched between two guys (still pretty hot!) Was the be all-end all...then I discovered that it was even hotter when the two man wanted each well as the female...imagine my surprise when I d ...more
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One anthology. Story #27***

Very short and very fast GFY. But cute and

The way Cam teased Matt? Thers's no way he didn't think about it before this night!

The only thing that bothered me was that they both apparently had girlfriends.

So I had to lower my rating from 4 to 3.5 stars!

*** 3 spaghetti stars ***

Matt and Cameron, BFFs, are most definitely straight. As straight as... as spaghetti! Yeah, spaghetti is really straight!

Until spaghettigets hot that is...

The MCs went from "don't want to touch another guy in a possible threesome"to totallygay....

"I want to feel how hot and wet your tight little ass is around my cock."
--------------------------------- a blink of an eye.

You should think they'd at least stopped to wonder?

But no, they j
Best friends to lovers – such an adorable story! Funny and hot as hell!

Nothing could have prepared him for the way their usual Friday night was ending up, but he knew that taking Cam’s hand and letting the other man pull him to his feet felt so right, so true. It was the easiest decision he had ever made.

Sep 20, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it
That was super hot and super funny and super freaking sweet. I really like Matty and Cam with their first kiss and all that came after. Pun intended.
I actually started laughing a bit because these two went 0 to 100 real quick...

How does one go from "I'm not gay" to "I want to be inside you" all within like 10 minutes. I know it's a short story, but damn that progressed wayyyy too fast, and there are so many unanswered questions....

(view spoiler)
  • Masochism 101
  • Cody and the Hermit
  • Mourning
  • Woman With a Dildo
I live in Leigh on Sea, a small seaside town just outside London on the coast of Essex, about ten minutes from Southend, which boasts the longest pier in the world. I live with my partner and two ever-growing children, who I let think are the boss of me; along with a dog who actually is.

As the wonderful Beatrix Potter said, “There is something delicious about writing the first words of a new stor
More about Lisa Worrall...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix