Start by marking “Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family” as Want to Read:
Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family

Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family

This handbook will help you to establish a practical disaster preparedness plan for your entire family. The 2ND EDITION has been expanded to include discussions of long-term food storage options, firearm selection and handling, disaster preparedness networks, radiological emergencies, our country's impending financial collapse, and much more. Steps are also provided to ...more
Published June 30th 2011 by Createspace (first published July 9th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family

Rebekah
Aug 16, 2012 Rebekah rated it liked it
This book has a ton of useful information, but it falls flat because it assumes certain things about the reader that aren’t necessarily accurate:

1. You live in a house.
2. You own the house you live in.
3. You’re a dude. (The author doesn’t explicitly say “Hey, gents,” but there are several times when he seems to forget that women could also be reading this book and appears to be addressing men directly. This doesn’t take away from the information he’s providing, I just find it annoying.)

I live i
Lana
Oct 08, 2015 Lana rated it liked it
This book has a lot of useful information but I didn't really like the way it was organized.
Sheryl Stinchcum
Oct 20, 2012 Sheryl Stinchcum rated it it was amazing
"Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family" offers an encompassing overview of how to survive and cope with disasters--natural and man-made.

Arthur Bradley takes a logical approach without bordering on hysteria. He reasons that the type of disaster you might face could depend upon where you live. For example, if you live on the coast, you would be more concerned with hurricanes than other types of disasters.

In the event of a disaster, Bradley makes you think about how you would
Nathanael Coyne
An excellent, balanced, practical guide to preparing for and surviving disasters. The first half of the book is the most useful - I skimmed the latter half as some of it wasn't particularly relevant or useful to me such as radiological hazards, firearms and I have better resources for first aid. It is US-biased so some of the resources listed, mentions of NOAA weather radio etc aren't applicable outside the US but overall it's applicable in all countries and well worth a read. The author doesn't ...more
Zander Brown
Aug 22, 2016 Zander Brown rated it really liked it
really a useful book for those of us who don't live a preppers life but want to understand how to survive. its all about planning for the most likely thing to happen to you. not the wildly unrealistic. if that happens only the compounds will survive but its not likely. I enjoyed and very much value the simplicity and ingenuity of this book.
Rick Willard
Rick Willard rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Jacob A
Jacob A rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Tom Miller
Tom Miller rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Bismarck
Bismarck rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Bret McIntyre
Bret McIntyre rated it liked it
May 25, 2016
Elaine Jordan
Elaine Jordan rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2014
Bobby Gray
Bobby Gray rated it really liked it
Trace
2012 Booklist
Craig Motlin
Craig Motlin rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Cindi
Cindi rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Jeff Nathan
Jeff Nathan rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Morris
Morris rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Sue Solomon
Sue Solomon rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Drtomgarland
Drtomgarland rated it really liked it
Badgett
Badgett rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Zack Buus
Zack Buus rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Justin Albright
Justin Albright rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Brandon Cummins
Brandon Cummins rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Rick Kennerly
Rick Kennerly rated it liked it
Les Lyons
Les Lyons rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Joy Kidney
Joy Kidney rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Making the Best of Basics: Family Preparedness Handbook
  • Essential Bushcraft
  • Doomsday Diaries
  • Just in Case: How to Be Self-Sufficient When the Unexpected Happens
  • Emergency Food Storage & Survival Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Keep Your Family Safe in a Crisis
  • The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies (Zombie Fighter Jango, #1)
  • Urban Preppers with Kids, Pets &Parents
  • When Technology Fails: A Manual for Self-Reliance & Planetary Survival
  • Jordan's Brains: A Zombie Evolution
  • Crisis Preparedness Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Home Storage and Physical Survival
  • Primitive Skills and Crafts: An Outdoorsman's Guide to Shelters, Tools, Weapons, Tracking, Survival, and More
  • The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster
  • Survival Wisdom & Know How: Everything You Need to Know to Thrive in the Wilderness
  • Gardening When It Counts: Growing Food in Hard Times
  • Edible Wild Plants: Wild Foods from Dirt to Plate
  • A Guide to Canning, Freezing, Curing & Smoking Meat, Fish & Game
  • Molon Labe! -- Come and Take Them!
  • Preserving Food without Freezing or Canning: Traditional Techniques Using Salt, Oil, Sugar, Alcohol, Drying, Cold Storage, and Lactic Fermentation
Events have made me who I am, neither a hardcore survivalist nor an all-trusting soul. I am a Boy Scout in the truest sense of the word—dedicated to family, country, and good citizenship. As you may already know, an enabling element of those ideals is being prepared.

It took the horrific events of 9/11 to wake me from my routine complacency. In one single moment, I came to realize that our world is
More about Arthur T. Bradley...