Start by marking “Scattered Leaves (Early Spring, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scattered Leaves (Early Spring, #2)

Scattered Leaves (Early Spring #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,188 ratings  ·  34 reviews
After tragedy tears her family apart, Jordan March is shipped off by her domineering Grandmother Emma to live with Emma's long-forgotten sister. Shuttered in a rundown farmhouse, Aunt Frances is the strangest person Jordan has ever met. Why has Grandmother hidden away this fragile, harmless woman? Did Frances grow up much too fast, like Jordan did? In the shadows of the fa ...more
Published (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Scattered Leaves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scattered Leaves

Calissa Leigh
My thoughts on the first book of this series was that the little girl, Jordan, had everything being done around her and she didn't do anything. She was just a witness. I thought perhaps it would be more interesting to be in her brother, Ian's head than in Jordan's.

I was hoping this book would be better, but I feel there was a lot lacking from the story.

Jordan goes to stay with grandmother's sister, who loves to live in stories and play pretend. While there, Jordan is influenced by a "bad girl n
Madz Miranda
This is relatable,because I am precocious too. Yet, I do not understand all the madness she had to endure just because she is. I guess it's Emma's... I don't know... insecurity issues? But it doesn't explain the other elders' opinions about her. Anyway, the story was okay, although I didn't like it much that she was beginning to be badly influenced by Alanis, but meh. No one's parfait. ;) I found Ian's letters creepy, but I like his analogies of people to the insects. Kinda learned a lot from th ...more
Shawna
Quick read. I know what to expect in a V.C. Andrews book. I wasn't disappointed.
Gina
I knew what I was getting into with this series, considering these books were written by a ghostwriter and not Andrews herself, but all in all I was pretty disappointed. That being said, I think the second novel of the series is much better than the first. While it was a bit slow-moving at the beginning, it picked up around the halfway point and really sparked my interest toward the end. (In my opinion, the writing became better toward the end as well!)

There are certain aspects which never came
Redfox5
Liked this even more than the first one and am very disappointed that this is only a two part series. It had something abit 'Secrets of the Morning' about it. I thought Great-aunt Frances was very much like Charlotte Booth. Jordan seemed older than 7, much more so in the last part of the book, which I felt was a little unrealistic. I couldn't decide if I liked Alanis or not. On one hand she was quiet nice to Jordan but most of the time she just seemed to be getting her into trouble and using her ...more
Christopher
I loved this book and the first one. It held my interest all through out, and I could not put it down. I know some members posted that this book was just trying to copy Flowers in the Attic, but I complete disagree, and I have read both series to the end. I can kind of see some similarities, but I think that some people were way over thinking it, or "nuking it." As a coming of age story, I would have to say this one was in my top 3 maybe number one? If it wasn't so sexual or had sexual situation ...more
Jodie Angeline Lee
As with the first book in this series it disturbs me to have a main character so young. At the start of the 1st book she is 7 years old and not much time passes by the end of the entire series.

I liked this book and some of the characters in it. I did feel like the ending wasn't quite what it could have been. All in all its a good series.
Nico
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nikki Marie
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Delicious Strawberry
This is nothing like a real VCA book, or even the books that the ghostwriter started out with (Cutler, Landry)

So this girl hit puberty early? Big deal? The "secrets" revealed within this book are hardly shocking or thrilling, and the fact that there's just two books in this series shows the author's lack of effort. It's clear that he just doesn't care anymore about writing a good story. The premise was interesting, but this second book is no better than the first one.
Marielle Chapman
V.C. Andrews... same type of story.. meh..
Tez
Strictness is usually the norm in VCA-world, but this time the seven-year-old has to guardian the elderly, which is an interesting subversion. Did Frances become how she is due to precocious puberty, or something else? Also, teenagers try to get a seven-year-old laid, which is all kinds of wrong.
Kimberly Jackson
This one has more of a happy ending than most of what I have read from V.C. Andrews. It was very well written but the charactors at times really ticked me off. It is not one of the better written books from the V.C. Andrews collection but it is interesting light reading on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Cynthia
I read this since I had already read the 1st book to it which by the way BIG disappointment it was. Well this one was even worse. I don't know what is going on with V.C Andrews but I remember her books being one of my favorites but this series just made me question anything else she puts out.
Slavica
not bad and not good as her original books.. the ghostwriter has the same writting aspect.deep and exciting where her books and it does intial feel like this when reading but somehow in the middle you loose interest.....
Joy
Bad, bad, bad... Characters were totally unbelievable and unlikable! I only read it because I remembered that I liked some of her books when I read them in high school. Now I know why I read them back then and liked them.
Lisa
Jul 25, 2007 Lisa rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone I dislike
I read this because it too, was left at my house. Same autor as "Flowers in the Attic". It was deplorable. Questionable story content, uncomfortable story lines and a very unsatisfying ending. I felt dumber after reading it.
Nicole Mathias
Anna benoit
I really liked it, though i was surprised at the end, how frances was her grandma and the grandma was actuallly the aunt and everything after that. other than that, it was awesome.
April Sims
was much better than the first book. Unlike most of the VC andrew books this one only had two books but the story really had no where else to go and ended before it got super redundant.
I read it merely to satisfy my curiousity as to whether or not book 1 was worth my time. Nope! The second book blows too!
Amy
This book was completely different than all of the other books that has been written. Still predictable in some aspects though.
Catherine
these books are like a train wreck- it all horrible, but you cant help but watch and you have to know what happens
Dilys
second in the spring series rather slow to begin was a rather disappointing series.
Literarily
Apr 23, 2009 Literarily marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have been searching for this book for at least six months now.
Jaime
V.C. Andrew books has always been one of my little guilty pleasures!
Ashlee Deboard
Great Book. But the First one in the series is much better!
Taylor
It was good. very hard to getinto the first chapters
Jessica
Shakar
The book is good, its hard to put down.
  • Mystic Guardian
  • Dawn: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #7)
  • Virgin Planet
  • Fatal Secrets (Point Horror, #24)
  • When the Wind Blows
  • The Dragon Done It
  • Prom Date
  • Spring Fire
  • Dragonforge (Dragon Age, #2)
  • Lilith's Dream (Hunger, #3)
  • Criminal Intent
  • The Listeners
  • Prepare
  • The Myth of a Christian Religion: Losing Your Religion for the Beauty of a Revolution
  • Bloody Passage
  • Hush Little Baby (pb)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man w
More about V.C. Andrews...
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, prequel)