Start by marking “Quiet River” as Want to Read:
Quiet River

Quiet River

Quiet River is a small town and people are friendly. But evil lives in quiet water, don't you know?

Lisa and Matt Collins spend a weekend in the town of Quiet River, Washington, where their son Evan meets a woman who says he looks like her son. She gives him cookies. The hotel clerk, an older woman, also gives him cookies, explaining to his mother that they came from the ho
ebook
Published July 2011 by NSA (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Quiet River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quiet River

Katy
Aug 22, 2011 Katy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like dark, suspenseful stories AND can overlook the editing errors and misused words
Recommended to Katy by: LibraryThing Member Giveaways
Book Info: Genre: Suspense/Psychological Thriller
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Those who enjoy a dark and suspenseful story and can be forgiving of the multitude of editing errors and misused words
Trigger Warnings: murder, stabbing (view spoiler), child abuse
Animal Injuries: dog (view spoiler)

Please be aware: The author has contacted me to let me know that the book has been edited since the copy I received (which
Arlena
Reviewed by: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 4
Blog Reviewed For Great Minds Think Aloud
Review:

" Quiet River" was a very good mystery thriller novel. The story was of a Collins family: Matt, Lisa and their son Evan.
The family had visited the town called Quiet River, Washington on a weekend break. They had like this place because life was slow and everyone knew every
Wendy-Lynn
Sep 12, 2011 Wendy-Lynn rated it liked it
Would have given this more stars if it didn't have so many spelling and grammar errors. Also, the last 1/4 of the book was too violent for my taste. Not especially keen on physical abuse of children. Touched a nerve with me.
Quentin Stewart
Oct 23, 2011 Quentin Stewart rated it it was amazing
Quiet River is a small town where life is slowed and everyone knows everyone else. A quiet little place that is slow in accepting outsiders but not adverse to getting to know the new residents and make them feel welcome. But beneath all of this is an evil that is reaching out to draw a particular family into its embrace so that two women can get what they want but up to now did not think that they had the opportunity for the happiness that they are searching.

The book has enough twists and turns
Jason Maurer
Jun 21, 2012 Jason Maurer rated it liked it
There were a few parts of this novel that left me wanting that little something "extra", and there were parts that sort of went on a bit too long and dragged the story down, but overall the story itself was good. Some of the other reviews complained about the grammar and spelling issues, but overall the editing wasn't horrible. Not bad for a first novel from someone with English as a second language.
Marcella Giovanni
Dec 08, 2012 Marcella Giovanni rated it liked it
I decided to buy this book on my phone just because I couldn't find the print version. Based on just the reviews from other, it seems like worth the money. But, it is not. It's a light reading, a very light one indeed.

I don't feel like this is an amazing story. It's too predictable, and doesn't hold much thrill or even darkness. It's just a regular thriller book.
Arni Vidar Bjorgvinsson
Feb 11, 2012 Arni Vidar Bjorgvinsson rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, amazon
I have to say, that this is a pretty well written psychological thriller. It kept me from putting the book down, and I was actually quite bothered (as such a book should do) by the events at times. There were some issues in the writing that annoyed me a bit and caused it to drop a star, but all the same it was well worth the read, and I plan to read her next book.
Juliko
Feb 02, 2012 Juliko rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. It has intensive action, really good story and very likable chatacters.
Small town in America, strange neighbors and creepy accidents - all you need for a good thriller. I liked the heroine, I respected her and I really believed her.
This is a kind of book you can`t put down before you found what`s in the end.
Elizabeth
Jul 28, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I had a problem getting into the book at first. It seemed slow, but halfway through, it took off and never let up. Great psychological thriller. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
Nanci
Oct 03, 2011 Nanci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! Keeps you turning pages to see what will happen next. Spell-binding. Natasha Salnikova has the ability to weave a story in a way that will intrigue and capture the reader until the end.
Janice Webb
Mar 07, 2017 Janice Webb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book just wanted to keep reading
Lee
I am giving this book four stars because of the story and the fact that it was a quick and entertaining read. The characters were relatable, and fairly well developed. I must say I enjoyed the story immensely and read it in a day, it was very fast paced and I kept turning the pages not wanting to put it down. Normally I am a stickler for editing issues, however, seeing that the author is I would guess Russian, I am letting some things slide. Yes there are grammatical errors in the book, but it d ...more
Lynda Kelly
Apr 21, 2013 Lynda Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deleted
Oh dear.....the author kindly let me have a copy of this for free as I had found so many mistakes in a prior book by her which was kind.
However, this one is full of mistakes too, sadly.....
For a start, it wasn't a mistake but at the beginning while near the river, the family kept mentioning "up there" which I didn't really understand and there wasn't really any explanation forthcoming. Then there are the odd remarks which give away the fact that English isn't the author's first language. Her edi
Krizia Anna
Aug 25, 2011 Krizia Anna rated it liked it
It was quiet an intriguing and exciting story. It was hard to put down because you want to know the answers to the mysteries. However, when the truth unravel it was not what I expected (which is good) but was actually a let down. It started a bit slow for me and the ending was a bit of a dissapointment. The middle part was good though.
Razz
Jul 29, 2013 Razz rated it it was ok
I found this book while looking up top rated psychological thrillers and this came up ranked fairly high. On my list, it would be on the bottom. Lots of violence, bad dialog, and people I didn't really care for. It started out interesting enough but then it faltered and never recovered.
Lesia Hanks
Jan 10, 2014 Lesia Hanks rated it it was ok
I wanted to like it. The characters were likeable, but the plot felt disjointed. As many others have mentioned, I believe the author's lack of English as a first language creates this. She is talented, but I wouldn't read another of her books.
Liz Chiodo
Dec 26, 2013 Liz Chiodo rated it liked it
The author had some pretty neat ideas and interesting twists but unfortunately the odd wording of things (which comes from learning English as a non-primary language) and grammatical errors really detract from the experience.
Deanna
Deanna rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2016
Joe Pearl
Joe Pearl rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Karyn B Smith
Karyn B Smith rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Maureen
Maureen rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Candice Stidham
Candice Stidham rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Gwen Bentley
Gwen Bentley rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Meg
Meg rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2014
Vitalii
Vitalii rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Anastassia
Anastassia rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
Amy Walker
Amy Walker rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
carol ann wilson
carol ann wilson rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Her Secret Bodyguard
  • Alexandria
  • The Impostor (The Alaskan Heart Saga, #1)
  • The Inquisitor (Dr. Earl Garnet, #5)
  • SEAL Team 13
  • The Loch Ness Legacy (Tyler Locke, #4)
  • Alex
  • Cult
  • S'wanee
  • Lost and Found
  • Escape to Challenge (Moondark Saga, #1)
  • Lie Still
  • Apocalypse Island (Blue Light #1)
  • Fractured Earth (The Actuator, #1)
  • Thin Air
  • Earth Thirst (The Arcadian Conflict, #1)
  • Through His Eyes (Mind's Eye, #1)
  • Read No Evil
Natasha A. Salnikova wrote and hosted two TV shows in Russia. She was a writer for the national prime-time talk show "Tema" and for national sitcoms and dramas. She also published two books.
In 2001 she made a big decision and moved to America to be with her husband. She had acting roles in TV commercials, shot photographs for a Knopf/Random House travel guide, studied English and kept writing.
Cu
More about Natasha A. Salnikova...