Start by marking “Blown Away (Frank Corso, #6)” as Want to Read:
Blown Away (Frank Corso, #6)

Blown Away (Frank Corso #6)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The nightmare began a year ago in Pennsylvania with the shocking death of a delivery driver, blown to pieces during an outrageous crime. And now the terror has spread from East Coast to West . . . As body parts pile up throughout the L.A. area--the result of a devastating series of bank robberies--federal agencies see nothing but the random hand of a bomb-tossing lunatic. ...more
Published June 26th 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Blown Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blown Away

Stephen
Oct 10, 2009 Stephen rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Brian
Aug 29, 2011 Brian rated it it was ok
I've not read any other reviews of this book so that my views won't be tarnished by what others had to say. With that, I was completely disgusted when I finished the book. I can't give many details without ruining the end for others, but it will suffice to say that I was not at all happy with what G.M. Ford did on the final page of the book.

I have to say that I really enjoy Ford's writing and I especially like the Frank Corso series. This book is very entertaining and gripping until the last pag
Jim A
Jun 26, 2012 Jim A rated it it was amazing
A lot of people didn't like this book. The reviews on Amazon are particularly negative. What the reader didn't understand was G.M. Ford's history with a series. His Waterman series was six books in total and Blown Away was the sixth book of the Corso series. That said, I knew going in that there would not be a follow on book using Corso as the protag.

I thought this book was very well written and very taunt as plots go. Then ending is going to leave the reader wanting closure, but it's not going
Ed
May 07, 2015 Ed rated it really liked it
#6 in the Frank Corso series. Frank Corso disgraced ex-reporter is now a best selling author and columnist for the Seattle Sun. Apparently this 2006 book is the final entry in the series, although author Ford's protagonist Leo Waterman had a hiatus from 2000 to 2012.

Frank Corso is forced by his publisher to take on the story of a PA bank robbery gone wrong when the robber is found to be wearing a bomb that is remotely detonated. Corso is scooped up by the FBI and taken to CA where a similar seri
LJ
BLOWN AWAY (Suspense-Pennsylvania/Calif-Cont) – VG
Ford, G.M. – 6th in series
William Morrow, 2006, Hardcover
*** Frank Corso, now highly successful and very well paid, has been sent to Pennsylvania by his publisher. There he is to investigate the death of a young man who was sent in to rob a bank, a bomb attached to his body. But the young man is killed when the bomb is set off. The town refuses to talk about it and even an attempt on Corso’s life is written off as a suicide attempt. But when the
Suze
Nov 21, 2012 Suze rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I have read some of the Frank Corso series, not all and not in order. This is the sixth and can be read standalone.
The thread of the story is the death of Nathan Marino in a remote Pennsylvannia town, by being blown up by a collar bomb 18 months ago.
We learn bits about Marino's background, but not enough to know why he was killed. Then similar instances appear in California and Corso and his assistant are whisked off to California by the FBI.
The links back to Marino and Pennsylvania are graduall
Part
Jun 01, 2013 Part rated it liked it
The word "meh" comes to mind. I've enjoyably read all of G.M. Fords books and generally they don't rely on an amassed collection of totally improbable concurrences taking place to make the story move along. It took me two tries, years apart, to actually finish this.

The series of joins that transpire when the FBI/ATF take Mr. Corso and his aide, Chris Andriatta into custody to further the feds investigation into a particularly interesting modus of bank robbery just left me a wonder about what le
Rachel Prince
Jan 28, 2014 Rachel Prince rated it liked it
If there is to be no other novels starring Frank Corso then I will be really annoyed becos while I was not completely enamored with him as a protagonist the books had a way of drawing you in. Also that ending was not what I was expecting to say the least.
gert
Feb 01, 2013 gert rated it liked it
(view spoiler) ...more
Storm  Grayson
Jul 05, 2014 Storm Grayson rated it it was amazing
Where is book 7??? Excellent read as always. Had it on Audio books could not get out the car!
Fiona
Jan 13, 2011 Fiona rated it it was ok
I have to say I expected better. This book was recommended by my boyfriend who noticed me reading some thrillers and said I would like this.
The book started excellently, I grew slightly bored/ irritated in the middle and then it did pick up pace towards the end. It ends with a twist - in my opinion quite a bad twist -it leaves you unsure of what really happened and I just don't feel that it all tied up together.
Quite a good 'inbetween' book when you are looking for something else.
Steve Wilson
Jan 30, 2012 Steve Wilson rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book by G.M. Ford which reals with an unusual death. Wealthy author Corso is ent by his new publisher to look into the matter as the possibility exists that there is the basis for a story,

What follows is a fast paced thrillers with enough curves and twists thrown in to keep the readers interest. A totally unexpected (at leat for me) ending to the book which begs for a sequel.
Joe
Nov 03, 2009 Joe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelby
Mar 19, 2008 Shelby rated it it was ok
Starts off strong, gets tepid in the middle, and ends with a twist. Not my favorite book by a long shot, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to any friends.
Meaghan
Feb 27, 2013 Meaghan added it
Shelves: epub-library
Pretty good, better than the previous installment. A lot of suspension of disbelief is necessary, but the clever and quick moving plot is worth it.
Joe  Noir
Feb 19, 2013 Joe Noir rated it really liked it
A very good novel inspired by real events. I am a Frank Corso fan and I read all the books in the series. I liked the way this one ended. Wicked.
Hoods
Feb 07, 2013 Hoods rated it really liked it
After thoroughly enjoying the whole Frank Corso series, I was staggered at how it ended ... can't believe there won't be another book!!
Judi
Dec 21, 2015 Judi rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! G.M. Ford's talent of keeping the suspense taught while revealing bit by bit makes him one of my favorites.
Jean
Apr 03, 2016 Jean rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I found this rubbish, could not get into it no matter how far into the book I read
Valerie
Jun 21, 2010 Valerie rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book. I didn't really like any of the characters.
Jay Hatcher
Jay Hatcher is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
skw
skw marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Leigh Anne Lumbard
Leigh Anne Lumbard marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Denise Ross
Denise Ross marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Joe Del
Joe Del marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Killing Night (Max Freeman, #4)
  • House of Dark Shadows/Watcher in the Woods (Dreamhouse Kings, #1-2)
  • The Big Law (Phil Broker, #2)
  • The Shawnees and the War for America: The Penguin Library of American Indian History series
  • Sugar Skull
  • Bloodlines (Irene Kelly, #9)
  • October Fest (Murder-by-Month Mystery #6)
  • Deadline
  • Silent Joe
  • Skull Duggery (Gideon Oliver, #16)
  • Miami, It's Murder (Britt Montero, #2)
  • The Inheritance (Inspector Trave, #1)
  • Dirty South
Gerald M. Ford is the author of the widely praised Frank Corso novels, Fury, Black River, A Blind Eye, Red Tide, No Man's Land, and Blown Away; six highly acclaimed mysteries, featuring Seattle private investigator Leo Waterman; and the stand-alone thriller Nameless Night. A former creative writing teacher in western Washington, Ford lives in Seattle and is currently working on his next novel.
More about G.M. Ford...

Frank Corso (6 books)
  • Fury (Frank Corso, #1)
  • Black River (Frank Corso, #2)
  • A Blind Eye (Frank Corso, #3)
  • Red Tide (Frank Corso, #4)
  • No Man's Land (Frank Corso, #5)