Start by marking “Why I Love Waiters (Why I Love... #2)” as Want to Read:
Why I Love Waiters (Why I Love... #2)

Why I Love Waiters (Why I Love... #2)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  434 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
As a member of a covert army unit, John Davidson isn’t scared of many things, yet one look into the dark blue eyes of Heath Kane and John knew a different kind of fear for the first time. John couldn’t be gay, at least not out and proud in his unit, even with Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell being repealed. He’d never been interested enough in any man to risk the fallout.

Heath Kane l
Published August 7th 2011 by Amber Allure (first published August 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Why I Love Waiters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why I Love Waiters

Beaten But Unconquered by Bryn ColvinDragon’s Egg by Lena AustinMarked by Sean MichaelTopping Timothy by Erin O'NiallMan To Man by G.A. Hauser
Worst Gay Book Covers
42nd out of 264 books — 308 voters
I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderCut & Run by Abigail RouxTell Me It's Real by T.J. KluneFish & Chips by Abigail Roux
The Best Humorous Gay Romances
214th out of 490 books — 1,212 voters

More lists with this book...

Alex
Aug 10, 2011 Alex rated it liked it
This was okay. I actually liked it better than Why I Love Geeks (I didn't really care for Herbert in Why I Love Geeks, and the humor in that one felt kind of forced to me). So I liked the relationship between these guys better than the guys in Geeks, and the plot felt more natural.

But I found it odd that in this one there's a "Heath" which is so similar on the page to "Herb" that I kept getting them confused when they were both in a scene. Which I think was also partly caused because while Heat
Christy Duke
Oct 22, 2014 Christy Duke rated it liked it
'Why I Love Waiters' is book two in T.A. Chase's series, 'Why I Love', and it reacquainted me with some familiar faces, mainly Herb and Chuck, plus it introduced me to John, Chuck's brother, and Heath. I liked the previous book, which starred a homicide detective and a geek, so I was looking forward to this one, starring an Army Ranger and a waiter. Once again, an incongruous match.

Looks like Heath is a lot like Herb in the fact that there isn't much of a filter between his brain and his mouth.
Lauraadriana

I love TA Chase books, because they're sweet, sexy, easy to read and the couple are lovely. This was no exception. This is the sequel to Why I love Geeks (which I still have not read) and the story of Chuck's brother John and Heath hot waiter he's been dreaming about for months. John and Heath are into each either they fall hard and fast and they are so sweet together. The ending felt a bit forced, but overall I really liked it.

As always funny and so HOT. I love a TA Chase
Krissy
One tiny itty bitty little complaint. A SFC living in the barracks?? Umm.. no. I don't even think that's technically allowed. And even if it were allowed, why would you want to when you are single and making that E-7 pay?
Vicktor Alexander
I started off reading this when it was available online, but things came about and I wasn't able to finish the end so I knew that when the book came out I'd have to buy it just so I can see how it ended.

While the Epilogue definitely had my eyes sort of widening, I must admit that I did like this book. Being a veteran of the Army I could identify with John's frustration with being gay during the DADT-era. I could also understand Heath's struggle to support someone that you love when they have a j
Elisa Rolle
The first book in the series had a similar incipit, twink meets hunk, and so it was not a surprise, but Why I Love Waiters is as funny as it was Why I Love Geeks, and as an added bonus, we have the chance to read more about Chuck and Herb from book 1.

This story follows John, Chuck’s brother, while he goes back to the small town where he is stationed and where he is falling in love with Heath. If he hasn’t yet done a move on the cute guy is only since he needs to decide if risking his military ca
Angela
Jan 30, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read
I really liked this book and I preferred it to the first book in the series. It just focused on the relationship between the two MC's and there was no distracting sub plot. The book follows John who's Chucks' brother from the first book and Heath - the man he falls for. John is a soldier and Heath works in a café near the army base. It's a sweet, sexy and funny story which also features the characters from the first book. Herb is still hilarious and he and Heath both say things they shouldn't wh ...more
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
2.75

Sweet, cute and fluffy. T.A. Chase always delivers in that her stories make me smile.

John is military and he's trying to decide if he wants to give it up for love. Heath is a waiter, a sweetheart and totally into John.

The reason why I didn't rate this story higher is because John and Heath were very similar but not as engaging as the previous book's couple, Chuck and Herb.

Also, the end of the story annoyed me because it seemed to come out of nowhere in a way. I thought Heath and John shoul
Mandapanda
Aug 09, 2011 Mandapanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: various-romance
Not one of my faves. I thought the characters were too similar to the previous book Why I Love Geeks (which I preferred) and the dialogue was very unbelievable. Didn't find the sex scenes so hot. Heath's personality is kind of a mix between a puppy, an annoying young brother and a slut! (I laughed when I read he was studying to become an accountant) I'm wondering what profession is coming next...
Love Bytes Reviews
Oct 01, 2014 Love Bytes Reviews rated it liked it
3 star review by Amber

In this second installment of the Why I Love Series we’re introduced to a loveable guy named, Heath. Heath is a waiter at his grandmother’s cozy diner in Georgia. A regular patron of the café is John, an Army Ranger who is regularly deployed to very dangerous countries. John also happens to be the younger brother of Chuck who we met in book one. John, who is recently out of the closet to his family has a massive crush on Heath, hence why he goes to the café so frequently, a
Janet
Aug 21, 2011 Janet rated it liked it
I want to know who convinced Doc to fire up the flux capacitor and send Marty back to 1985 to steal this cover?? Could it be any worse? UGH.
It was a sweet story, I liked John but I think Heath was as little too Herb, he's like Herb Part 2 but not as well done and even Herb came across a little unlovable in parts. About 80% of the sex talk could have been/should have been removed; it seemed a bit forced and gratuitous.
Phaney
Jan 27, 2014 Phaney rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Meh. Very weak follow-up to a book I genuinely enjoyed.

Right off the bat this is trying a bit too hard for a repeat of the first volume, with Heath blurting out things while John watches fondly, basically a wannabe copy of Herb and Chuck.
All in all, Herb is rather un-Herb like. He seems to have regressed into excitable teenager-dom. I’m disappointed.
Although when Herb and Heath get together it’s even worse. Can you say kiddie party? It’s like Cecil all over. Oh god. T_T

Even the title makes vastl
Jonathan
Mar 16, 2014 Jonathan rated it it was ok
Leaundra
Aug 07, 2011 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet story. I loved Heath and John together they were perfect for each other and I loved that we got to catch up with Herb and Chuck again.
Veronica /  V
Aug 11, 2011 Veronica / V rated it liked it
2.5 Stars.
I love TA Chase Home series.
My humble opinion, this is not one of her best.
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
john is in the army, and he is gay. he made a choice to go into the army, knowing that he would have to keep his sexuality quiet when he went in. after visiting with his brother and seeing the new relationship that he is in, john admits that he has feelings for someone where he is stationed. heath is a waiter in his grandmother's restaurant and he is really cautious about going on dates because he almost died when he was too trusting about someone who seemed too good to be true in his s
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Sequel to Why I Love Geeks, I didn't like this as much as the original. Mostly because both the alphas and the twinks had the same personalities, it wasn't very original. Actually, the story was quite shallow but I did enjoy their adventure and I really liked having a chance to see Chuck and Herb again.

There were quite a few inconsistencies or distractions that kept pulling me out of the story. Among them, the fact that at the beginning, John's brother walked him to the gate before his flight,
SueM
A light, fluffy romance between John, who's in the Army, and Heath, a waiter in his grandmother's café. The story's plot is pretty simple, and there isn't a great deal of depth to the characters either. There is some humour and we're reunited with Chuck (who is John's oldest brother) and Herb from Why I Love Geeks. I felt two scenarios (view spoiler)
Kasha
Sep 02, 2015 Kasha rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
The writing I felt was better in this one compared to the first book. A cute, easy read.
Lizzie
Jan 27, 2014 Lizzie rated it liked it
About the same as the first. Some cute moments, lots of sweetness and horrendous editing. Big thing? We don't get to see Seth and Larry get what's coming to them.
Cj
May 26, 2014 Cj rated it it was ok
Caution, will cause cavities! Too sweet for me.
Becky Condit
Sep 05, 2011 Becky Condit rated it liked it
Rating is 3.5 stars.

This is a sweet short story that was originally presented as a serialized book on the author's website. It is also a sequel to Why I Love Geeks, and in fact, the main characters of that book are almost more prominent than the actual main characters of this story. Even the HEA was theirs.

And whose idea was that dreadful 70s cover?

I'm sorry to say this book did not live up to my expectations but is probably worth a recommendation for TA Chase fans, of which I remain a faithful
Riayl
Mar 25, 2014 Riayl marked it as to-read
Urgh...that cover. *tries not to look*
Pilar
Aug 21, 2011 Pilar rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I enjoyed this book as I enjoy most of the stuff by T.A. Chase. It was an amusing short read that had me laughing out loud at times. Chase's writting as usual is smooth. It was good to catch up with characters from "Why I love Geeks". Truth be told although the characters were likeable I was never able to really invest myself in them. I will probably read this again (as I tend to do with most books I like), but it will be for when I'm in the mood for what I call popcorn reading.
Lasha
Aug 10, 2011 Lasha rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed "Why I Love Geeks" and the character of Herb - I gave that novel 5 stars. However, in this sequel, John and Heath did not grab me the same way. In fact, they annoyed me. Silly dialogue, unbelievable plot (lack of military research really threw me out of the story) and the over-the-top ending just put this book in the "do-not-read-again" pile. Shame, because I normally love TA Chase's books.
Meggie
Aug 07, 2011 Meggie rated it it was ok
This story was sweet and funny. But I have to admit, that the plot simply didn't work for me. Even the couple, Heath and John, they were so blank and uninterested characters. It was nearly boring reading story. I definitely didn't like Heath and all, and by sex scenes I never felt like "wow this was HOT", because it wasn't! But I did enjoy reading more about Chuck and Herbert.
Lumina
I didn't like this book quite as much as the first one. The characters felt just like in the first one and I would have wanted something different. They were just adorable and sweet. But it was an enjoyable read and I had fun. Chuck and Herb visit and Herb is as Herb is... :)

#Waiter
#Soldier
Tamela
I think this one was even better than "Why I Love Geeks". There was no mystery or side story to detract from the romance :) And it was great hearing how Herb and Chuck were doing. Again, great character development, I really liked everyone (except the bad guys, of course). Read and enjoy!
Anke
Aug 31, 2011 Anke marked it as dnf
Sorry, can't take it anymore. Normally I really like books by TA Chase, but this one is getting on my nervs. I'm at about 65% and Heath and Herb behave like 15 year olds and their partners more like parents humoring the kids. No, doesn't work for me.
Sadonna
Mar 03, 2012 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
This is a very sweet followup to Why I Love Geeks. John and Heath are a fun couple and it was really great to see Chuck and Herb again because they are hilarious. Herb and Heath with keep Chuck and John on their toes for years to come.
  • The Soldier and the State Trooper (The Soldier and..., #1)
  • On The List (Changing Plans Book 3)
  • Legal Tender (Art Series, #4)
  • All Stirred Up (Stir, #2)
  • Jay's Pet
  • Unassumed (Tate Pack, #4)
  • Puppy, Car, and Snow (Ryan & Scott, #3)
  • More Than Anything (More, #1)
  • The Truth About Al
  • Once a Marine
  • Clark's Story (The Making of a Man, #4)
  • Sacking the Quarterback (Campus Cravings, #3)
  • Game On, Game Over
  • Daniel's Dream (Men of Charlestown, #3)
  • Pisces: From Behind That Locked Door (Boys of the Zodiac, #12)
  • A Change of Pace (Change #3)
  • My Regelence Rake (Sci-Regency #3)
  • His Hero Anthology
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...

Why I Love... (3 books)
  • Why I Love Geeks (Why I Love... #1)
  • Why I Love Bodyguards (Why I Love...#3)