Start by marking “McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6)” as Want to Read:
McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6)

McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks #6)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  3,182 ratings  ·  99 reviews
A classic tale of a new generation of cowboys staking claims to their land and and the women they love...

Like his celebrated ancestors, who tamed the wilds of Arizona, Jesse McKettrick's Indian Rock ties run deep. The Triple M Ranch is in his blood, along with the thrill of risk. But with his land at stake, this world-class poker player won't be dealt into Cheyenne Bridges
Published December 27th 2011 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1)

Miss Kim
This was my first Linda Lael Miller book, and I was pleasantly surprised. Cheyenne has come back to her home town on a mission to get Jesse McKettrick to sell a portion of his land to develop condos. He is against it, but is attracted to her. How they try to work with their attraction, and also make a deal makes for a nice romance. I love Jesse McKettrick. How could you not? It took me a while to warm up to Cheyenne, though. She's quite uptight and snappish most of the time. I'm always happy to ...more
Annalyse Knight
This book was a pleasant surprise.

I had never read a modern-day cowboy romance. Back in the day--like twenty years ago--I read historical romance and historical romance only, so I'd read a few westerns and wasn't all that impressed.

Linda Lael Miller changed my mind on cowboys. *rawr* This was my first jaunt into this genre and I have to say that I was thoroughly sucked in. So much so that I bought several other cowboy romances, though I haven't been as impressed with Miller's stories(but that's
Alicia Jespersen(BehindThePicketFence)
“McKettrick’s Luck”, is the first in one of Linda Lael Miller’s series about the continuation of the McKettrick family. I haven’t read the previous books, and you don’t need to read the previous books. I mean there is really nothing that continues from those books into this book.

This was my first Linda Lael Miller book, and to be honest I didn’t really see what everyone likes so much about her books. I mean there is a possibility that it was just over exaggerated, but I still didn’t feel that u
Kathrynn

4. McKettrick's Choice 2006
3. Secondhand Bride 2004
2. Shotgun Bride 2003
1. High Country Bride 2002

But, #'s 6, 7 and 8 can be read alone as a trilogy!!!! I'm not sure about #9 because I have not read it. But, I did read Luck, Pride and Heart in 2007 and then went back to read some of the earlier. There are slight references to the earlier book as they
Jo-Anne

Jesse McKettrick owns a piece of land that a real estate speculator is interested in. Cheyenne is sent by the real estate guy to talk Jesse into selling the parcel of land to him. He thinks she can talk Jesse into selling because she knew him in high school and they have a bit of history. It's very important to Cheyenne to get Jesse to sell because she needs the bonus her company has promised her so that she can continue to support her mother and disabled brother. Also, if she doesn't get Jesse
Harlequin Books
"I haven't read this series in order, but have enjoyed every one I have read. Jesse's a good man, who refuses to see that he needs a family to love. Cheyenne has been in love with Jesse ever since she was a pre-teen. Watching them move through falling in love is joyous!" from an eHarlequin.com community member review, read more HERE!
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Her boss wants his land
She's supposed to convince him
Falls for him instead

Good Western romance
Deep characters, well done plot
I rooted for them
Melissa
This is the first in a series about the modern McKettrick men. Cowboys by birth, there is a whole range of series about this rather large family tree but it isn't necessary to read all of them in order to enjoy any one certain book. This one was pretty good in my opinion.

Jesse has always been the wild one of the group. Living it up as a trust fund baby he mostly spends his day playing cowboy or playing poker. But a new interest has caught his attention in the form of Cheyenne Bridges. She wants
Joanne
Cheyenne who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks left Indian Rock years ago, went to college and is now a business woman with a Company that wants to buy land for condos in Indian Rock. The only problem is that its owned by Jesse McKettrick who refuses to sell the land. Cheyenne comes up with a scheme to conscience Jesse to sell but will it succeed or will Cheyenne be trapped in her on web?
Karen & Gerard
Apr 02, 2008 Karen & Gerard rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers,
Recommended to Karen & Gerard by: online friend
Very good romance novel about Cheyenne going back to her hometown and falling in love with the guy she had a crush on in school (Jesse) who became a multi-millionaire and owned the land her company wanted to purchase for condominiums. This was a good book that delved into Cheyenne's family, work and love life. I enjoyed the poker and the subplot involving her brother's life, who was only 19 and in a wheelchair because of an accident.

I also found Jesse's family interesting and the fact he wasn't
Tania Martins
Engraçado dentro do estilo tipico cowboy apaixona-se por uma nativa americana que tinha uma paixão adolescente por ele, no fim tudo acaba bem!

Único senão ser o sexto livro de uma saga com não sei quantos, o costume com a Harlequin!
Shawn
Angie
While I enjoy romances in general, and the McKettricks saga, this one seemed a little rushed in the relationship-building department. It seemed like they met, they disagreed a bit, then each was "betrayed", then they were all of a sudden in love. I would have liked to have seen more development of friendship, or some commonality or foundation for a relationship, but maybe that's just me.

I listened to the mp3, downloaded from NetLibrary; this is the 3rd book I've listened to narrated by Christin
Denise
A lady working her way up in the world finds herself back 'home' trying to buy land from the one family / man that holds land as dear as a family memeber...the McKettricks. Jesse McKettrick, the sexy playboy, cowboy of the clan holds true to the vaules of the family and himself. While rich byound anyones dreams, the Mckettricks vaule more than the mighty dollar. Soon the city girl finds the true meaning to most eveyting in her life, what her city boss is really like, that her handicap brother re ...more
Patricia Solla
In this McKettrick tale we meet Jesse who is footloose and fancyfree. He has lots of money but happiness not so much. He owns a piece of land that a real estate speculator is interested in. We meet Cheyenne who has been sent by the real estate guy to talk Jesse into selling the parcel of land to him. Cheyenne has know (and loved) Jesse since high school but she's from the wrong side of the tracks and feels she has no chance of catching Jesse's attention. There's plenty of action and some intrigu ...more
Phaedra
Oct 24, 2007 Phaedra rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who love horses and hot men!
I can't remember the order of go, but this is one of a series of 3 books about the sexy McKettrick boys. I actually read the series backwards (by mistake) and you could still easily follow along. However my order of enjoyment was the first book that I read was the best(book 3 in the series) followed by the second and so on. So go figure, but I liked it because it circled around ruff and rugged horsemen, horses and romance with sexy men! Not a lot of deep thought or mental challanges but neverthe ...more
Erin
This was great read, but sadly after having read 3 previous Linda Lael Miller books, it was VERY predictable. The typical story of the hardworking girl moving into her tiny town she left years ago, dreading who she might see. She runs into her old crush/boyfriend, whom she hates dearly, but somehow falls in love again. She can't control her desires and they fall madly in love after both trying hard to ignore their undying feelings. The book ends happily ever after. A typical western romance/fair ...more
Joanie
Cheyenne went back to Her old hometown to persuade Jesse of the Triple M Ranch to sell his 500 Ace spread that was in his family for generations.
She had always had crush on him but now she was supposed to deceive him-as her boss instructed her to do. Things backfired.
They both got into a big poker game but who would win the "luck" of the draw?
This was a very good read.
Wendy
Jan 05, 2009 Wendy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers, cowboy lovers
I liked this book very much. I liked the characters and how they delt with each other. Jesse is a gambling millionaire that sees Cheyenne after her being gone from town for many years. They have a hard time getting together because he doesn't want to seel her some property for a development. It is her job to get him to sell. But he befriends her little brother and mother and they find their love for each other. You will like this one if you enjoy romance with a little laughter thrown in.
July
Jesse McKettrick's a big ole boy who loves to gamble. He loves women and he loves to relax. Be he still loves his family and the Ranch.
Cheyenne Bridge's is the daughter of Nash Bridge's was a gambler big time. Cheyenne comes home to Indian Rock to try and talk Jesse into selling some land of his to her boss or she will be out of a job. Jesse remember's dating Cheyenne a couple of times. Cheyenne remembers of really big crush on Jesse.

The story is a good one.
Katherine
I'm going to confess right out front I have read some of this series out of order so perhaps that is why I am confused. Was Jessie and Cheyenne (Tate, Garrett and Austin's parents?) will have to investigate that. It seemed so present day I was confused why Tate and gang weren't around. But all in all it was a good story. I enjoyed the storyline but some of it seemed a little rushed. Looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Kaye Dennan
Light romance and enjoyable read.
Stacie
Sep 06, 2007 Stacie added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance
This was about a man who does not work because he is a rich man from family money. He plays poker and works around his ranch house with horses. The woman he falls in love with is someone who grew up with her father squandering the family cash on gambling. However, the book never deals with this couples glaring issues.
Cursingmama
Apparently I'm now on a "Cowboy Kick". Picked up the McKettrick Men bundle from B&N as a relaxing vacation read and am thoroughly enjoying these. Suspended disbelief is required a bit and I don't recall a single reference to spurs... but it was a quick,fun read and I am happily on to the second, nope... third.
Jeanne
It's cold and there is way too much snow on the ground. What better time for a western romance? It is a contemporary western, continuing the story of the McKettrick family of Arizona. It tells the story of gambler, Jesse McKettrick and Cheyenne Bridges. Quick, predictable, but still enjoyable.
Ashley
I like this book however I thought the ending was way too rushed and left somethings unanswered. I wish there was more suspense Because the one scene the book did have wasn't intense at all ..... This will be my fifth book in this series I skipped Travis/seria book on to Rance <3
Mindy
Gambler Jesse McKettrick is a millionaire and lucky as they come. Cheyenne is a realtor that needs luck to be able to get Jesse to sell his 500 acres of back country to her venture company. Jesse is more interested in Cheyenne than her business venture. fun story--nice beach read.
Alisha Concepcion
Love this story, a man with that much compassion melts anyones heart! I can't wait to read about the rest of the Mckettrick Men. I have already started on the second one. They do a really good job keeping all of the characters active in the remaing books... so far!
Linda
Another hit series. I just can't wait for each new book to come out so I can read it right away and then I'm disappointed when the end comes so soon but then I wait for the next one. Each one seems to better than the last. I don't know how she does it.
Geokowgurl
I have decided that I am in love with the McKettrick men and woman and their families! I love these novels about their lives and can't wait to get my hands on the next ones. This are true clean historical western romances at their best!!
  • A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3)
  • The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1)
  • Bright Eyes
  • Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36)
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e ...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1) McKettrick's Pride (McKettrick Men, #2) (McKettricks, #7)