Start by marking “Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack, #3)” as Want to Read:
Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack, #3)

Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  399 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Everyone loves senior Carson Toliver, the captain and quarterback of the football team, heartthrob of South Burlington County Regional High—especially the girls. Even Jack’s best friend Weezy has a crush on him. And unlike most of the popular kids at school, he’s not stuck up. Jack even sees him defending a Piney kid who is being bullied in the hall. Which is why Jack is s...more
Published January 31st 2012 by Tor Teen (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Vengeance

John
SECRET VENGEANCE is rather more straight-forward than the other two books in the trilogy, and it contains less of the bizarre, X-FILES-ish component that I enjoy so much. Mostly, this novel tells the story of how Jack exacts clever revenge on a schoolmate for besmirching his friend's public reputation. But, while the events of the book feel relatively mundane as far as Repairman Jack adventures go, Wilson did such a great job of using the previous books to lay the groundwork for this story that...more
Carole
This is 3rd in a series of young adult books which are part of the "Repairman Jack" saga--before Jack knew that he was special. I liked this one best of the young adult genre because it shows the beginnings of the development of Jack's talents and how he became the adult Repairman Jack. There are also appearances of characters which will become part of the main fabric of the later "Jack" novels. There are some supernatural overtones as with the later books--but all in all this is just a very ent...more
Eric Bauman
This is the third of Dr. Wilson’s “Repairman Jack as a teenager” books (following “Jack: Secret Histories” and “Jack: Secret Circles.” These three books show how Repairman Jack was as a teenager, and fills in some background as to how he became who he is in Dr. Wilson’s Adversary Cycle and the Repairman Jack series.

If you haven’t read the Repairman Jack books, get with it, man! Sorry, for those who don’t know who Repairman Jack is, he can’t fix your washer. He is the man you call if you have a p...more
Jeff Tate
I was skeptical that Wilson could make a YA series out of Repairman Jack, but I really enjoyed this third book. It is probably my favorite because it harkens back to the first few books in the adult Repairman Jack series, before everything got overtly supernatural. The majority of the novel is just seeing the first glimpses of how Jack became "Repairman Jack" in his pursuit of justice for his friend, Weezy. There is a bit of interesting supernatural here and there with some fun cameos from futur...more
Randy
The third entry in the Young Repairman Jack chronicles. These books showcase how Jack learns the skills and meets the people who mentor and aid him in his quest to aid people with no other recourse. And to learn he's not just an ordinary kid, though that's lesson it will take many more years to sink in.

Fourteen year old Jack's best friend Weezy reveals a terrible secret to him.She'd went on a secret date with senior Carson Toliver, quarterback and cock of the walk. He'd attacked the fifteen year...more
Critter Reyome
Purportedly the final tale in the "young Repairman Jack" books aimed mainly at teens/pre-teens, this books is still very enjoyable for adults, especially with subject matter that is at times rather mature. Tough to choose between this and "Secret Circles" for the best of the Jack series, but you don't have to choose, read them all! And if you're reading the Repairman Jack saga (which you should), then you must read the Jack books to get the full story. For instance, you see exactly how and where...more
Seth Tucker
This is a great end to a fantastic young adult series. With this entry, you see Jack's thoughts focusing on the future and where his choices will ultimately lead him to be the man we discovered in Wilson's The Tomb. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have come to love the characters. Even if you have not read Wilson's Repairman Jack novels this book is still a great read and I would recommend this series for anyone looking to purchase books for a young adult, where intelligence and cleverness ar...more
Lloyd
As I have mentioned elsewhere, Repairman Jack is probably my favorite fictional character. And these books about his teen life are just as fun to read as the later "adult" books. I'm only sad that this is the last of the planned trilogy of young Jack stories. I can only hope that Mr. Wilson will some day decide to go back and tell a few more.

I can still remember several years ago when I first decided to jump into reading F. Paul Wilson and told my wife about "Repairman Jack". She laughed at such...more
Tim Healy
This is, by far, the best of these "Young Repairman Jack" novels. It has a sense of joy in pointing the way to how Jack became the person he is as an adult. It also has the tightest plot of the three, remaining focused on one storyline and its subplots. Glad I read these for continuity, but this one is best.
Kevin Lucia
Excellent end to the YA series, tons of Easter Eggs for loyal fans, but enough open spaces to invite new readers. Upon finishing the first book, all my students were insistent on tracking down every other Jack book written, and were intrigued with the idea of an adult Jack. Consider the YA series the "gateway" drug to the Repairman Jack universe.

Also, this series is one ANY teacher or adult would feel comfortable recommending for just about anyone. Jack is a real, believable kid - not a goody tw...more
Brooklyn Teen-central
In the book there is a boy named Jack who gets a letter in his locker saying there will be a murder with one of his friends and he has 48 hoursto find which friend before the 48 hours is over. So he stays up late looking forwhich friend it is so he looks in the gym and he finds a hintabout it saying that it is his next door neighbor. When he checks if he is there it turns out he is gone.
Next day he finds the neighbor in his garage it turns out it was a trick well thought out to capture Jack. T...more
David Marshall
Well, as the concluding part of the YA trilogy, it did manage to complete the line-up of the cast necessary for the rest of the series to make sense with the first view of Mr Foster, and confirmation of the circumstances surrounding Jack's birth is significant. But I feel it's not quite as good as Secret Circles. Good as a YA novel and a must for Repairman Jack readers.

David
The final part of the Young Jack trilogy is at least as good as the two previous books. The bulk of this book is consumed with Jack's mission to harass and discredit the school's most popular student, who attacked Jack's friend Weezy and already spread vicious rumors making her look worse. It's wonderful how he escalates the tension as he goes. Excellent tie-in to the Secret History of the World series.
Michael Mcnally
Jack rocks, even as a teenager. All three "Young Jack" books are solid, even under repeat readings (this was my second time reading Secret Vengeance). Wilson is a master of pacing and suspense, and Secret Vengeance delivers with "fixes" galore and plenty of tie ins to Wilson's "Secret History" timeline. Read this now!!!
Veronika Levine
I really liked the end of this young adult trilogy and am sad that the books are over. Now of course, I've read all the adult books and they are even better, but I was really growing to like Young Jack and wanted more. If you have never read F. Paul Wilson, stop what you are doing and get his book the Tomb. You'll be hooked!
Axel Tshimanga
This is a book about secrecy, lies, revenge, and all happens in high school, its basically about this teenager getting revenge on a very popular football jock who supposedly raped his best friend, she doesn't want anyone to know about this situation, but he decides to go behind her back and get revenge in secret.
Peter Bonk
Although the weakest of the stories that make up this trilogy, Secret Vengeance does tie up some loose ends that sets the stage for the boy-who- would-be Repairman Jack. I imagine that there are some unresolved plot lines, i.e. the Pineys, in case Wilson decides to revisit this era.
Dany
I want to go through Jack's entire high school years and graduate with him. I hope more YA Jack books are planned. Now I'm off to The Tomb. I'm ready to find him all grown up and see what he's made of himself.
Nancy H
This is a very good entry to this series, and one that will have teen readers turning the pages as Jack decides to help right a wrong that is done to one of his friends, with disastrous consequences.
C
The strongest of the three in the YA series, I think. Fast-moving plot. I've always like seeing Jack work out puzzles, like the locker setup in this book. There's less of that in the later books.
Tiffany
This is the 3rd in a YA series. I rated this 3 stars because I like the characters, but this was the worst in the series so far. If the next one is this bad, I'll likely give up on these.
Bryan457
I think this was the best of the three books.

I loved lowly freshman Jack pranking the Senior Jock. I also love the tie in parts to the rest of "The Secret History of the World" series.
Kevin
This one is definitely the best of the young Jack series. I really enjoyed this one about Jack getting even for a friend. Excellent!
Carol Bailey
Out of the 3 books in this series, I think that this one is my favorite.
Whitaker
A really great book shows us how love is great and worth to die for
Chris P.
The best one of the young Jack books
Lisa Reid
Lisa Reid marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
  • Moby Clique (Bard Academy, #3)
  • The Cabal
  • Trolley No. 1852
  • Jake Ransom and the Howling Sphinx
  • The Wicked
  • Countdown
  • The Murderers (Badge Of Honor, #6)
  • To the Blight (Wheel of Time, #1-2)
  • A Stab in the Dark (Matthew Scudder, #4)
  • Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)
  • The Conan Chronicles: Volume 2: The Hour of the Dragon (The Conan Chronicles, #2)
  • The God Catcher (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, #5)
  • Wrayth (Book of the Order, #3)
  • The Good That Men Do
  • Tarzan: The Lost Adventure (Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan: Comics)
  • The Secret Fiend (The Boy Sherlock Holmes, #4)
  • The Perfumed Sleeve (Sano Ichiro, #9)
20561
Francis Paul Wilson is an author, born in Jersey City, New Jersey. He writes novels and short stories primarily in the science fiction and horror genres. His debut novel was Healer (1976). Wilson is also a part-time practicing family physician. He made his first sales in 1970 to Analog and continued to write science fiction throughout the seventies. In 1981 he ventured into the horror genre with t...more
More about F. Paul Wilson...
The Keep (Adversary Cycle, #1) The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2) (Repairman Jack, #1) Legacies  (Repairman Jack, #2) Conspiracies (Repairman Jack, #3) All the Rage (Repairman Jack, #4)