Start by marking “He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not (Deadly Games, #1)” as Want to Read:
He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not (Deadly Games, #1)

He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not (Deadly Games #1)

Four years ago, Amanda Stockton was forced to play a serial killer’s twisted game of chance. Since then, she has retreated from the world, bearing the scar from her ordeal and the burden of a terrible secret. But when another woman is found dead, clutching a long-stemmed red rose, Amanda knows she can hide no longer.

If there were any other way, Chief Logan Richards would n
Published August 9th 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not

Anne OK
Jun 01, 2012 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
(Read for HEAC June 2012 Over-In-A-Flash Challenge)

Lena Diaz is a new to me author, whose romantic suspense debut "He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not" was a big hit with me. The author took her time developing the characters, as well as the romance side of the coin. There was an equal balance between the solid and strong suspense and the building relationship between the leading characters. An excellent secondary cast points the way to the next installment. This story contains dark, gritty, and grueso
Mo
Feb 17, 2015 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really don't know what to say about this one. Yes, I finished it but I really did not care for the characters. He was feeling guilty about what happened in the past. She was feeling guilty about what happened in the past.

I've said it before, Romantic Suspense has to be really GOOD for me to love it. The Queen of RS is Ms Sandra Brown and after having read her recent books, I am spoiled. Sorry RS authors but that's just the way I feel.

I may read more from this author ...

I think you can tell fr
Paige  Bookdragon

This probably isn't for me.

I like the plot, despite being overly used in a romantic suspense genre but I can't really empathize and feel the characters. There's also the lack of gore that I want in my crime books (or maybe the gory scenes in this book doesn't affect me). The author's way of writing is simple and it's kind good but I'm still debating whether I should read more of her books or not..
Lauren
He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not
3 Stars

Four years after her harrowing ordeal at the hands of a serial killer, Amanda Stockton has changed her name and is finally getting on with her life. But now the monster who played his deadly game with her has struck again and Police Chief Logan Richards is convinced that Amanda knows something that can help catch a madman. Unfortunately, the killer thinks so too...

An intriguing premise and a solid beginning. Unfortunately, the story and the romance lose momentu
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Nov 14, 2011 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
Book opens with the killer posing his latest victim in the park. She is covered with stab wounds on her abdomen and extremities and deep cut on her face from temple to jaw. He puts a single red rose in her hand with just one thorn left on the rose.

Police Chief Logan Richards grew up in Shadow Falls and was a beat cop who made a rookie mistake that let a killer go free. To punish himself he moved to New York City and became a detective in one of the roughest precincts. Many years later after his
Cristina
Nov 25, 2012 Cristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-suspense
4,5 stars

Fantastic! Well written, super creepy and hot. It kept me interested until the very end. Finally a satisfying and solid romantinc-suspense...
Carey Baldwin
Aug 11, 2011 Carey Baldwin rated it it was amazing
"Fantastic debut! Drives you forward with urgent story questions. Lots of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the end."
Manda Collins
Jan 30, 2012 Manda Collins rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Christy Reece, Linda Howard
Love this! Totally reminds me of Christy Reece or early Linda Howard. Great alpha hero and strong heroine. Can't wait for her next one!
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not is absolutely gripping.

The novel opened with a chilling account of the serial killer positioning the body of his latest victim. Even more distressing, Ms. Diaz hinted that the killer is someone in law enforcement. I love a good mystery and was hooked instantly. I had to discover the killer’s identity and how he would be caught. Ms. Diaz created a sense of urgency that had me racing through the pages seeki
Tammy
Aug 08, 2011 Tammy rated it it was amazing
When I first saw the name of the book it had me interested. I was thinking "Wow, someone has their life in someone's hand with a bit of twist with the game: "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not". As I began to read this book I could not put it down. I started reading it on Wednesday and had it done by Thursday night. I did not want to put the book down, my kids saw me making their meals with my Kindle in my hand. I was that interested in it. The twist and turns of the book were enough for you not to pu ...more
BooK-O-Holic
My Amanda:
 photo a93a08b5aba35e1e6abca8c79a7bc895_zps567a3ff2.jpg
Logan:
 photo f42f5b4d34cd4a1c8e9ce5167961cde1_zpsee2f2480.jpg

So, I really enjoyed this story. Amanda (the main female character) was a strong leading character and although very reserve at times, remained strong and stood by her convictions. A few scenes she acted like a 5yr old, which kind of bothered me but overall she remained strong and lovable character.
Logan, what a delicious male. I love the way he was described and definitely had the powerful alpha-vibe going. Although the alpha-vibe does seem the make the male stupid from time
Roksana
The 80% of the book 4/5 stars, the end 2 stars

I so wanted to like this book... in addition it had so much potential on the plot and romance parts. It is evident from the start, the author invested in characterisation development; I found Logan very likeable from the very beginning, one that you could feel immediate kindness. I found Amanda very strong and down to earth, needles to say, a lot of vulnerability and soreness accompanied her throughout the book prior to her horrible experience whilst
Erin Chicosky
Nov 30, 2014 Erin Chicosky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

I actually really enjoyed this book. I thought it had a riveting story line, characters that I could believe (mostly), a semi tear jerking conclusion, and was written relatively decently.

I did have a hard time believing the 'love at first sight' thing, which apparently happens in all (or most) crime novels. But hey, if it works then it works I guess. I didn't like that Police Chief Richards (Logan) basically ran away after his 'rookie' mistake 10 years prior. I thought tha
Sandra  Valente
What a fantastic book!

From the very first page this novel is gripping! It starts with the killer arranging the body of his latest victim just so, which makes it all the more eerie. You get a sense that this killer may be a cop or is in law enforcement "gasp!". Every single character worked in this book and their interaction with each other pure magic especially with the leads Logan & Amanda. We love a good romance but when that romance is sometimes halted/interrupted by past mistakes or occ
Mona
Jan 02, 2016 Mona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it..Filled with suspense..Love Lena Diaz's books..Not my first.
As Amanda Stockton is trying to put her life back together after a terrible, and brutal incident her and her friend went through she holds something inside..
When Chief Logan Richards comes to her door, and digs it all up she's horrified to say the least. She wants no part of it. Until another women is murdered. Can she help him out? He won't stay away and just leave her alone.

Logan needs Amanda's help. He is holding a deep da
Jerrie Alexander
Feb 12, 2012 Jerrie Alexander rated it it was amazing
If you don't like romantic suspense with strong female characters and heroes you'll fall in love with, this may not be a book for you. All joking aside, I loved this book. It may be the best I've read in a while!

Amanda, (Mandy to Logan during tender moments)is well written and believable. And I rooted for Logan from the beginning. He was the perfect mixture of gruff, tender and sexy. This book has the most satisfying ending ever!

It's an all nighter, because once you open it to the first page, yo
Cyndi Delia
Mar 06, 2013 Cyndi Delia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My book club chose this book for our March read. Lena Diaz will appeal to fans of and is just as good as Julie Garwood's romantic suspense novels. Although I found the book a bit predictable, it in no way lessened my enjoyment of it. This book made me laugh and get teary eyed. The main characters(Amanda and Logan) are well developed and authentic.This fast paced engaging read will have turning the pages until the very end.
Cheryl Alldredge
Aug 17, 2011 Cheryl Alldredge rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! One of those rare books that does the suspense and the romance equally well. I can't count how many times I thought I knew who the bad guy was then changed my mind. I loved the hero and the heroine from the beginning and my enjoyment of their romance just grew and grew. Going on my keeper shelf!
Vanessa Kelly
Aug 26, 2012 Vanessa Kelly rated it it was amazing
Really creepy villain, a strong yet wounded heroine, and one of my fave types of heroes - the upright lawman. I love that Logan, the hero, was such a straight arrow and a deeply good guy. He even wears a suit and is a total pro, which is a nice break from the barely reformed bad boy cop. This is Lena Diaz's first book, and I predict she has a really good career ahead of her!
Karen
Mar 17, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was my first by Ms Diaz and it will not be my last. She writes a very fast paced suspense story with likeable characters. I am looking forward to the next story with the hero's sister and FBI agent Pierce. (more to come)
Ann  Lorz
Mar 18, 2013 Ann Lorz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say enough about how much I loved this book. Diaz writes the type of books that drags you into the story before you even know it. I loved the characters and they journey to good health, in both mind and body. A must read.
Donna Kranz
Nov 20, 2016 Donna Kranz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read. Starts out a little slow and then literally takes off turning into a very fast paced read. Planning on reading book two in the series next. Great primary and secondary characters.
Leontine
This was a story where the beginning was full of promise. There was a creepy villain, there were harrowing dangers, a whodunit plot to solve and highly intriguing characters. Everything worked in grabbing my from the first chapter where the fear was protruding from the villains victim. As the plot opened with a bang there was also the introduction of Logan who was a commanding man and Amanda, a courageous woman battling her inner demons. I was hooked and settled for a thrill ride in the romantic ...more
Scooper Speaks
Aug 14, 2011 Scooper Speaks rated it really liked it
I'd give it a 3.5 My review sounds like it’s contradicting itself. I focused on the few things that stuck with me after I finished the book. I thought about changing the review, but in the end decided to keep what I had written.

I watch a lot of crime drama on tv and it effects my thinking process when I read. I tend to make connections. Just because I see things that I’ve seen before doesn’t mean I don’t want more. I guess that’s why I watch NCIS, Bones, Criminal Minds, CSI (all of them)…and so
Nicole
Aug 11, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/08/12/...

Publisher: Avon Impulse
Publish Date: Out Now
How I got this book: NetGalley

They say to never judge a book by its cover, and that statement couldn’t be more true with this. I haven’t been impressed with any of the Avon Impulse covers, but at the same time, I was extremely pleased with this story.

Amanda lives her life in fear. After escaping from a serial killer years before, she has been living a shadowed life. When a murder wi
Pamela
Apr 25, 2012 Pamela rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, kindle
Dolly
3.50 Stars!!!

I love a good romantic suspense and although I had never read a book by Ms Diaz, the third book in this series was a Kindle deal and the synopsis caught my attention. I wasn't sure if they interconnected so I took a chance and was very glad I did.

What I liked: The two main characters, Amanda *Mandy" Stockton and Chief of Police Logan Richards are written very well. Neither of them are perfect and they both feel guilty about something in their past. Logan thinks a mistake he made is
Danielle Gypsy Soul
I'd actually give this book 3.5 stars. This was my first book by Lena Diaz. I was looking for a romantic suspense author that I hadn't read and saw this author posted on one of the group folders on Goodreads.
The book starts off with a murder and is seen through the eyes of the killer. We quickly find out it isn't the first and there was actually one survivor. Logan the Chief of Police is smart, focused and wants to make up for a mistake he made when he was a rookie cop. Amanda is the surviving
Kym
Feb 19, 2015 Kym rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can't change the past, but you can damn well change the future.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one and I must admit I was quite surprised by it and in a good way. I always feel nervous when I start a new series by a new author but I think this is definitely a series that I will continue on with. It was very easy to read and the story flowed nicely. I can't say that there were really any surprises with this one but that didn't bother me because the story still held my interest. I reall
Judi
Feb 14, 2014 Judi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book in the Deadly Games Series. I just finished reading the 3rd one and wanted to go back. This one did have a few of the characters that are in the 3rd book.

Again, I love the way this author writes and it is another one of hers, that I just couldn't put down.

Amanda Stockton and her best friend, Dana were kidnapped from a shopping mall and tortured. Amanda got away, but her friend was killed and she blames herself for leaving Dana. This serial killer plays a game of Kill Me, Kil
  • Cold Hearted (Cold Justice, #6)
  • Deadly Ties (Deadly, #2)
  • First Do No Evil (Blood Secrets, #1)
  • Fear For Me (For Me, #2)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • As Darkness Falls (Dungirri, #1)
  • Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1)
  • The Shadow Walker
  • Stone Cold Crazy (Lil and Boris #4)
  • Obsession (Faces of Evil, #1)
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12; Baltimore, #1)
  • Manhunter (Wild Country #1)
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)
  • Profile of Evil (Profile, #1)
  • Every Move You Make
  • An Affair with Mr. Kennedy (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #1)
  • Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Volume One (Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries, #1-3)
Originally from Kentucky, romantic suspense author Lena Diaz also lived in California and Louisiana before settling in northeast Florida with her husband, two children, and a Shetland Sheepdog named Sparky. A former Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® finalist, she won the prestigious Daphne du Maurier award for excellence in mystery and suspense and has been a finalist in the National Excell ...more
More about Lena Diaz...

Deadly Games (4 books)
  • Simon Says Die (Deadly Games, #2)
  • Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Dead (Deadly Games, #3)
  • Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Deadly Games, #4)

“Guilt was a powerful motivator.” 1 likes
“No more lies, no more excuses. It was time to take her life back. It was time to catch a killer.” 0 likes