The Privileged and the Damned (The Marshalls, #1)

The Privileged and the Damned (The Marshalls #1)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Introducing The Marshalls...A rich, powerful family: if the U.S. had a royal family, this would be it!

Running scared, Lily needs a fresh start— and, fingers crossed, she's found one. After all, why would any of her new employers, members of the hot–shot Marshall dynasty, even think to look beyond her humble facade?

Until she catches the roving eye of infamous heartbreaker E...more
Paperback
Published June 3rd 2011 by Mills & Boon (first published January 1st 2011)

Ana
Lily desperately needs a fresh start. She find that at Hill Chase. She wouldn't do anything to endanger the job she loves so much. But when temptation comes in shape of Ethan Marshall, the grandson of her boss, it near impossible to resist.

Ethan is enchanted by the beautiful stable girl. He knows he shouldn't get involved with somebody who works for his grandfather, but there something different about her. Something that makes her even more attractive.

Lily is a daughter of a con man, and has don...more
Saly
Enjoyed the book, a bit different. Based on the Marshall family, into politics and a bit dysfunctional(Ethan's father). Lily works for the grand-parents(with horses).
Ethan comes home, pursues her, they start a no strings things and then he takes her into the spot-light.

I enjoyed Lily and how she overcame her upbringing and came beyond it but I did find it foolish that she went into public but everything was like a Cinderella moment for her.

Ethan reacted badly when he found out but Lily also didn...more
RLA
The heroine Lily is a stable hand on the estate of a high powered political family. Lily is a rehabilitated youth offender who is making a fresh start away from the influence of her criminal father. The hero Ethan is the grandson of the owner of the estate and has come back for a short time. He and Lily meet one morning and are instantly attracted to one anther, Ethan likes that Lily is a private person and doesn't seem avaricious in anyway and he pursues her for an affair. Lily knows she should...more
Heidi Rice
Ok, I'll out myself first and say Kim's a mate of mine and we write for the same Riva line... But that said, I don't read a lot of Riva books because it tends to dent my morale and boy was this book no exception. Kim's writing is always so beautifully accomplished, she has a really fresh fun flirty single title style which always makes me feel I'm getting a lot of bang for my buck. But the premise for this story in particular intrigued me. I mean, the political background of the Marshall family...more
Nagla Elsakka
I really liked this book. It was an easy, fast read. Lily's character was real and I loved how Ethan was rich, but so not full of himself. The story had a happy ending that wasn't cheesy. Perfectly done. I also liked the cover picture. Sometimes, on romances, the people in the picture look annoying. Not so here. They picked the perfect two for the cover image. They really seem to go with the characters.

Okay, now for a little game I like to play. After reading a book, I enjoy coming up with actor...more
Bridie Coleman
Have not read anything by Kimberly Lang until now and this on the recommendation by Heidi Rice. Fab recommendation - loved every minute of the book, the characters, the dialogue and the passion that surrounds the Marshalls and in this case middle son Ethan and his fling with stable girl Lily - a young woman with a past she is desperately trying to run from. Very emotional - do yourself a favour and read it soon. Now on to Brady's story.
Rebecca
Rating: 3.5

The dramatic title for this book cracks me up! But don't let that put you off - this is a fun, quick read, with appealing characters. I like that the heroine calls the hero on his hypocrisy when necessary and that she's working hard to make a new life for herself. All of the above makes her very likeable.
Tonya Warner
Ok, definately difficult to follow the theme in this story. There seems to be spots where the story line skips.
Jenz
Read within one day, This has been my favourite book so far. The story is really well written and believable.
Carmela
tutti meritano una seconda possibilità..davvero una bella storia
Emily
Charming story, has a great chapter when they meet.
Michaela
This was so boring. The characters felt flat too.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Dirty Filthy Money
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Dirty Filthy Money
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Dpa
Dpa added it
Feb 24, 2014
Janice
Janice added it
Feb 02, 2014
Liesbeth
Liesbeth marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Cora Linn
Cora Linn marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Cenaida
Cenaida marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Samantha Jo
Samantha Jo marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
USA Today bestselling author of sassy, sexy contemporary romance. Please visit my website at www.BooksByKimberly.com to learn more about me and my books!
More about Kimberly Lang...
The Downfall of a Good Girl (LaBlanc Sisters, #1) Last Groom Standing (The Wedding Season, #4) The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2) Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat) When Honey Got Married