Start by marking “How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?” as Want to Read:
How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?

How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies? (How Do Dinosaurs...?)

How do dinosaurs make cookies? The only way they know how--with scratch-and-sniff cookie scents throughout!

These classic, bestselling characters from Jane Yolen and Mark Teague are through eating dinner and they are ready for dessert!

With cookie-themed scratch-and-sniff scents throughout, Jane Yolen and Mark Teague's deliciously funny dinosaurs are given a brand new sense,
Novelty Book, 14 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?

Columbus
Nov 30, 2016 Columbus rated it liked it
Another one of the "How Do Dinosaurs" series of books. This is a smaller, novelty version of the big dinosaur books. The little one didn't gravitate or take to this as much as the others because of the reduced size I imagine. I mean the little ones like their dinosaurs humongous, right. This one also came equipped with 2 recipes at the end of the book: Cinnama-Saurus Rex & Fossilized Lemon Tracks. I'll wait to try these when I'm in the mood for having a flour, sugar & baking powder fight ...more
The Badger
Sep 07, 2016 The Badger rated it really liked it
I love these dinosaur books. When I have "book-dates" with younger students for good behavior, I may possibly maybe sort of kind of lead them towards either the dinosaur books or the Skippy John Jones books.
Drew Graham
Jun 16, 2015 Drew Graham rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Apparently dinosaurs occasionally bake and eat cookies. But this begs the question: HOW?

This isn't the best installment in the How Do Dinosaurs series. It seems a little gimmicky in every way: it's a different size and format, it's a pretty random premise, it features scratch-and-sniff cookie spots (which didn't smell like a thing, but that's probably because we checked it out from the library), and it has recipes in the back. Mostly it seemed odd that the artwork was almost completely recycled
R
Jul 12, 2013 R rated it liked it
Dinosaurs apparently have much better manners than children, so one is left to wonder why they're extinct but there are still lots of noisy, messy, rude children running around. The scratch and sniff was a nice touch (although it does wear out after a while) Illustrations were nice and surprisingly up to date (notice the feathers on some species).
Marti
May 26, 2013 Marti rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-reader
I just love the "How Do Dinosaurs" books! The only reason I didn't give this one five stars is because it's not a completely "new" story. This is a scratch n' sniff board book for babies and some/most? of the pictures are recycled from other books and the text is shorter and less complex than the original books. A perfect introduction to the "How Do Dinosaur" books for little ones though! :)
Thebruce1314
May 28, 2015 Thebruce1314 rated it really liked it
The text is kind of silly, but just the thing that kids love. The illustrations are awesome - bright, colourful and detailed - just the thing that I love! The scratch and sniff was defective in my copy, so I can't comment on that, but a cute book nonetheless. The first I've read in the series.
Karen
Mar 02, 2015 Karen rated it liked it
This isn't my favorite of the "Dinosaur" books. The artwork is still wonderful, and there are some intriguing word choices, but it doesn't flow as well as some of the earlier books in this series.

Still, the book does contain recipes for cookies for all kinds of dinosaurs.

Elizabeth S
Apr 02, 2012 Elizabeth S rated it liked it
Shelves: f-board
If you love the series, you'll notice that this is more of the same. We get a lot of baking and cookie-eating etiquette. The scratch-n-sniff part wasn't very effective in our copy of the book. But that is okay. (Maybe even preferable!)
Joenna
Mar 04, 2012 Joenna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler
"Making cool cookies and eating them, too, is something that very good dinosaurs do. Inside you'll find cookies and sweet smells galore. So scratch, sniff, and eat up, little dinosaur!"

Ummm...scratch and sniff???!! Yes, please!
Great Books
Feb 10, 2012 Great Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: family
Fans of Jane Yolen's dinosaur books will enjoy this tasty addition. Sturdy board book pages, delightful rhyming text, scratch-and-sniff features, and cookie recipes to "eat and share" combine to make this a family favorite. Reviewer 11.
Meg McGregor
Feb 27, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Fun, entertaining, and filled with the scents of cookies, this one of the dinosaur series will have your little ones craving cookies.

You will too!
Dana
Jan 15, 2015 Dana rated it really liked it
Some of the rhymes a little bit stilted, but the kids should still enjoy it since it's about cookies and dinosaurs.
Mistelle
Nov 10, 2015 Mistelle rated it it was amazing
Just read this with my son last night. Really fun poem about dinosaurs and cookies. Also has scratch and sniff on each page. My son is 8 and was able to read this easily as well on his own.
Brian
Feb 11, 2012 Brian added it
Shelves: food, kids
It's all about sharing and not pigging out, and to help recipes are provided. We loved the strawberry scratch and sniff.
Vrishank madishetty
Vrishank madishetty rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2016
April
April rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2013
Syrus
Syrus rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Leila Gates
Leila Gates rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2013
Kayleigh
Kayleigh rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Rebel
Rebel rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Jamie King
Jamie King rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2013
Jessi
Jessi rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G. rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2012
Katrina
Katrina rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2012
Alycia
Alycia rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Jess Matvey
Jess Matvey rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Emily Myhren
Emily Myhren rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
  • Alphabeasts
  • The Big Storm: A Very Soggy Counting Book
  • 12 Months
  • Lovabye Dragon
Jane Yolen is a novelist, poet, fantasist, journalist, songwriter, storyteller, folklorist, and children’s book author who has written more than three hundred books. Her accolades include the Caldecott Medal, two Nebula Awards, the World Fantasy Award, three Mythopoeic Awards, the Kerlan Award, two Christopher Awards, and six honorary doctorate degrees from colleges and universities in ...more
More about Jane Yolen...

How Do Dinosaurs...? (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Go to School?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?