Start by marking “Nine Lives (Cat Dupree, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nine Lives (Cat Dupree, #1)

Nine Lives (Cat Dupree #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  974 ratings  ·  39 reviews
They say cats have nine lives. Lucky for Cat Dupress, she's got seven left.

Bounty hunter Cat Dupress first cheated death when she was thirteen. The second time left her orphaned and scarred. And the only thing that will diminsh her lust for revenge is finding the man who left her for dead as she watched him murder her father. Every job she takes is an opportunity to invade
Published November 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Nine Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nine Lives

Reckless Endangerment by Amber Lea EastonRiptide by Amber Lea EastonSubmerged by Dani PettreyConstructing Marcus by Danielle DeVorKiss Me Slowly by Amber Lea Easton
Strong and sassy heroines
85th out of 91 books — 111 voters
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch AlbomCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCut Throat by Sharon SalaBad Penny by Sharon SalaNine Lives by Sharon Sala
Best of the Best
5th out of 17 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

LibraryLass
(This review previously posted in 'Cut throat'. Big oops!

This is a re-read for me as I want to catch-up before reading the 3rd in this ?trilogy? This is an excellent romantic suspense. I love both Cat and Wilson. The chemistry throughout the book is spot-on.

I find Cat's abrasiveness great. Some don't like it, I in fact find that it is a 'natural' part of her persona after all the things she's been through she's not exactly going to be sweetness and light.

Now that I have the 3rd in the series,
Bronwyn Rykiert
Cat Dupree had used two of her lives by the age of 13, first when she and her mother were in a car accident in which her mother died and later when she had her throat cut by an intruder, who then killed her father. After her father’s death she was put in the system until she was old enough to be on her own. In the last foster home she lived in she met Martha Benton, who became her family.

Cat was bent on finding the tattooed man who had killed her father and made it part of her life’s work to fin
Katy
Not only is the blurb on the back of the book misleading, it is almost COMPLETELY wrong - I don't think the person writing it actually read the book, but just received a synopsis from someone whose cousin's best friend's husband's uncle's secretary read it without actually understanding it (perhaps the secretary only really understands Spanish yet was forced to read it in English?). I mean - good GRIEF! Anyway ...

Cat Dupree has used of 2 of her 9 lives - first by surviving a car accident she wa
Natalie
I've probably read almost every Sharon Sala / Dinah McCall book out there. I love Ms. Sala's books, which is shown by my ratings of her books. So I'm going to try to keep from waxing on about the author and just talk about this book.

I confess I put off reading this book for awhile. I realized it was part of a series and I've not enjoyed romance books that continue with the same character. Only because I'm wondering if they're going to go Hollywood and have a new love interest for every book. So
Saturnus
Man kastas direkt in Cat Duprees värld, fullt av äventyr, spänning och död!
Leah
Sandy
Fast-paced, exciting, and action-packed. Cat Dupree is on the hunt for her father's murderer but what she doesn't expect is her best friend to be dead. This story is fast-packed, action-packed and full of excitement and energy that has you reading it until the very last page. The first of the Cat Dupree trilogy, Nine Lives hit it off with a great start and never missed a beat. I love that she's a tough-as-nails, hard and confident go-getter of a woman who has flaws like anyone else but is afraid ...more
Michele bookloverforever
cat Dupree has lost everyone in her life except her best friend. then her friend is murdered . cat finds and hunts the murderer. along the way, finds the man who killed her father and cut her throat....
Samantha Cutts
Ok, but not as good as her others.
Erika
Jul 17, 2008 Erika rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Erika by: Andrea
Shelves: romance, novels
I barely made it through this one. the main character is trying to find bring her best friend's killer to justice. The actual mystery was interesting, but I felt like I had to suffer through the main character's personal drama to get to the good story. Honestly, I can't stand a damsel and I really can't stand a damsel that is made to look like a tough girl, but who really is just brittle.
Sandie
Suspenseful, riveting, and page turning. This was a great read..As the story progressed you found yourself rooting for Cat to apprehend this criminal. You were teary eyed when her friend was found. This was a book you just didn't want to put down.
The Carrion Librarian
Apr 17, 2011 The Carrion Librarian rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to The Carrion Librarian by: Chanda
Shelves: novels
Borrowed it from Chanda because we both loved "Out of the Dark". It was good if you enjoy crime novels, revenge driven plots, and sex scences, but it was nothing really special. Also the back cover blurb has nothing to do with the plot.
Jessica Rice
I really enjoyed this book! I'm glad there are 2 follow ups on this so I can enjoy more from Cat Dupree, the great female lead in the book!

If you wanna know how tough life is for bounty hunters...read this...
Bob
I realized part way through that I had already read the book. However, it was good enough to read again. The only downside is the author leaving a teaser agt the end, most likely for another in a series. Fun stuff.
Jason
An interesting read, definitely. As I was reading, though, it felt like I'd walked into the story partially in progress. I believe Cut Throat is also in this trilogy, and may be better read before Nine Lives.
Alicia
This was my first book by Sharon Sala, and I really liked it. Cat Dupree is a tough bounty hunter, but with a surprising and likeable side of vulnerability. This was a very fast read, but one I thoroughly enjoyed.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Sharon Sala's Cat Dupree series. It was a good read but not great. I did like the characters and the story was good but it didn't have that extra something. Whatever that it.
Dawn
Oct 13, 2008 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of Sharon Sala's books.
A new trilogy by Sharon Sala. I really enjoyed the character of Cat Dupree and look forward to the other two books. Sharon Sala is one of my favorite authors.
Susan Walker
This is a great introduction to the Cat Dupree books. It keeps your interest and has good characters. I also recommend the next two Cat Dupree books.
Erin
This was a typical romance thriller. The description on the back was not entirely accurate in its description of the plot. A quick and easy read.
Lynn Sykes
I really liked this book until suddenly the man who killed her father suddenly showed up. That was just too unbelievable.
Pamela
I am excited to read more books written by Sharon Sala. It was a very enjoyable smooth read I enjoyed it a lot.
April
This book hooked me from the first word to the very last. Can't wait to read the next one of Cat Dupree story.
Doris
Oct 21, 2007 Doris is currently reading it
This is a book that I got from my Hubby's boss. I am just starting it so I have no comments yet.
Traci Treffert
Suspenseful bounty hunter who is one kickass bitch! Loved it. Can't wait to read the next 2,
Cupcakencorset
A good read, but not as compelling as “Out of the Dark” and “Missing”. Recommended.
Glenn Harris
Excellent first book in the trilogy featuring bounty hunter Cat Dupree.
Renna
Cat Dupree rocks!!! She's one tough cookie!!! What a strong character!
Leanne
Cant wait to find the second book in the Cat Dupree series.................
Annice
Just an okay book. A little over the top for a story line.
  • Mimosa Grove
  • Tempting Fate
  • Watch Me (Last Stand Series, #3)
  • No One Left to Tell (No One, #2)
  • Forgotten
  • On the Edge: WITH Capsized AND Shelter Island AND Bougainvillea
  • The Hunter (Crossfire, #2)
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
  • Love You to Death
  • Discovering Dani  (Jamesville, #1)
  • A Delicious Taboo Plus Two
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • The First Sin (Lexi Steele, #1)
  • I'm Watching You
  • The Secret (Paranormal Series #1)
  • Edge of Darkness (T-FLAC, #10)
Sharon Sala has been a published author since 1991, and has also written under the pseudonym Dinah McCall, although the last McCall book was released in March of 2007.
Her 76th book, THE HEALER, was released in April 2008. She's a member of Romance Writers of America and writes mostly romantic suspense and paranormal romantic suspense for Harlequin Enterprises, Silhouette Books, and at one time, a
More about Sharon Sala...

Cat Dupree (3 books)
  • Cut Throat (Cat Dupree, #2)
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
Out of the Dark Missing Blown Away Snowfall The Healer

“Hello, Presley residence.”

“Mrs. Presley, this is Dallas Memorial. I have—”

Penny started to weep. “Oh my God, he’s dead, isn’t he?”

“No, no, Mrs. Presley. Quite the contrary. The doctor wanted you to know that we think your husband is waking up.”

Penny’s emotions shuddered to a stop. Not dead? Not dead after all? Waking up? What the hell was all this about?”
0 likes
“She sat on the side of the bed with her bare feet firmly on the thick Berber carpeting and tried to maintain a sense of calm. No need to let her emotions get the best of her. It wasn’t as if this was a disappointment, exactly. Still, as she got up to get dressed, she couldn’t help but think how much simpler this all would be if he’d gone ahead and died. Now the police would get involved, and there was nothing she could do to separate herself from the mess that was bound to come.” 0 likes