Start by marking “Nine Lives (Cat Dupree, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nine Lives (Cat Dupree, #1)

Nine Lives (Cat Dupree #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,168 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
They say cats have nine lives. Lucky for Cat Dupress, she's got seven left.

Bounty hunter Cat Dupress first cheated death when she was thirteen. The second time left her orphaned and scarred. And the only thing that will diminsh her lust for revenge is finding the man who left her for dead as she watched him murder her father. Every job she takes is an opportunity to invade
Published November 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published 2006)

Reckless Endangerment by Amber Lea EastonSubmerged by Dani PettreyRiptide by Amber Lea EastonSecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutConstructing Marcus by Danielle DeVor
Strong and sassy heroines
106th out of 117 books — 151 voters
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch AlbomCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCut Throat by Sharon SalaBad Penny by Sharon SalaNine Lives by Sharon Sala
Best of the Best
5th out of 17 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

LibraryLass
Feb 11, 2009 LibraryLass rated it really liked it
(This review previously posted in 'Cut throat'. Big oops!

This is a re-read for me as I want to catch-up before reading the 3rd in this ?trilogy? This is an excellent romantic suspense. I love both Cat and Wilson. The chemistry throughout the book is spot-on.

I find Cat's abrasiveness great. Some don't like it, I in fact find that it is a 'natural' part of her persona after all the things she's been through she's not exactly going to be sweetness and light.

Now that I have the 3rd in the series,
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 10, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it it was amazing
Cat Dupree had used two of her lives by the age of 13, first when she and her mother were in a car accident in which her mother died and later when she had her throat cut by an intruder, who then killed her father. After her father’s death she was put in the system until she was old enough to be on her own. In the last foster home she lived in she met Martha Benton, who became her family.

Cat was bent on finding the tattooed man who had killed her father and made it part of her life’s work to fin
Katy
Jun 19, 2011 Katy rated it really liked it
Not only is the blurb on the back of the book misleading, it is almost COMPLETELY wrong - I don't think the person writing it actually read the book, but just received a synopsis from someone whose cousin's best friend's husband's uncle's secretary read it without actually understanding it (perhaps the secretary only really understands Spanish yet was forced to read it in English?). I mean - good GRIEF! Anyway ...

Cat Dupree has used of 2 of her 9 lives - first by surviving a car accident she wa
Books
Jan 29, 2016 Books rated it liked it
Shelves: ellen-s-reviews
Captivating and thrilling, Nine Lives is a suspenseful, yet relaxing novel. Cat Dupree has a score to settle with the tattooed man who killed her father and left her for dead. If she finds the villain during the course of her work, so much the better. The death of a dear friend may just lead her to said tattooed scoundrel.

Though comfortably paced with suspense and action spread liberally throughout the entire story, this is a book one can't really put down for long. As the book is written from d
Natalie
Jun 22, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it
I've probably read almost every Sharon Sala / Dinah McCall book out there. I love Ms. Sala's books, which is shown by my ratings of her books. So I'm going to try to keep from waxing on about the author and just talk about this book.

I confess I put off reading this book for awhile. I realized it was part of a series and I've not enjoyed romance books that continue with the same character. Only because I'm wondering if they're going to go Hollywood and have a new love interest for every book. So
Saturnus
Jun 12, 2012 Saturnus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man kastas direkt in Cat Duprees värld, fullt av äventyr, spänning och död!
Melody
Apr 11, 2016 Melody rated it really liked it
I love a book with a strong female lead, and Cat definitely can hold her own. You don't want to mess with her! I really liked her and Wilson together and I'm looking forward to reading the second book in the series. Cat could be sort of mean at times, but I like to see how Wilson gets through to her. I think he's not quite there yet because she is still so guarded, but he'll get there eventually.

The only thing I can say about this book that was slightly annoying was how everything was just so c
Leah
Lavenia Otts
Apr 20, 2016 Lavenia Otts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting story

One thing you do not want is to make an enemy of Cat Dupree. This is a great story about a bail jumper collector whose best friend gets murdered by her married boyfriend. Her body gets dumped and she goes missing, but the police don't believe her. Can she help bring her friend's murderer to justice?
Sandy
Jun 18, 2010 Sandy rated it really liked it
Fast-paced, exciting, and action-packed. Cat Dupree is on the hunt for her father's murderer but what she doesn't expect is her best friend to be dead. This story is fast-packed, action-packed and full of excitement and energy that has you reading it until the very last page. The first of the Cat Dupree trilogy, Nine Lives hit it off with a great start and never missed a beat. I love that she's a tough-as-nails, hard and confident go-getter of a woman who has flaws like anyone else but is afraid ...more
Racquel
Aug 21, 2015 Racquel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Suze
Apr 22, 2016 Suze rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NINE LIVES

Cat is a little rough and tumble around the edges, she is also loyal and tenacious in her pursuit of justice. She has also never meet anyone like Wilson, he helps her in ways no one has done before. Good suspenseful story.
Michele bookloverforever
cat Dupree has lost everyone in her life except her best friend. then her friend is murdered . cat finds and hunts the murderer. along the way, finds the man who killed her father and cut her throat....
Nancy Anderson
Feb 28, 2015 Nancy Anderson marked it as to-read
Shelves: bought-on
GVL public library,.50 pbk 2/28/15
Samantha Cutts
Ok, but not as good as her others.
Erika
Jul 17, 2008 Erika rated it it was ok
Recommended to Erika by: Andrea
Shelves: romance, novels
I barely made it through this one. the main character is trying to find bring her best friend's killer to justice. The actual mystery was interesting, but I felt like I had to suffer through the main character's personal drama to get to the good story. Honestly, I can't stand a damsel and I really can't stand a damsel that is made to look like a tough girl, but who really is just brittle.
Sandie
May 22, 2012 Sandie rated it really liked it
Suspenseful, riveting, and page turning. This was a great read..As the story progressed you found yourself rooting for Cat to apprehend this criminal. You were teary eyed when her friend was found. This was a book you just didn't want to put down.
The Carrion Librarian
Apr 17, 2011 The Carrion Librarian rated it it was ok
Recommended to The Carrion Librarian by: Chanda
Shelves: fiction
Borrowed it from Chanda because we both loved "Out of the Dark". It was good if you enjoy crime novels, revenge driven plots, and sex scences, but it was nothing really special. Also the back cover blurb has nothing to do with the plot.
Jessica Rice
Jul 27, 2011 Jessica Rice rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I'm glad there are 2 follow ups on this so I can enjoy more from Cat Dupree, the great female lead in the book!

If you wanna know how tough life is for bounty hunters...read this...
Bob
Jul 24, 2011 Bob rated it really liked it
I realized part way through that I had already read the book. However, it was good enough to read again. The only downside is the author leaving a teaser agt the end, most likely for another in a series. Fun stuff.
Jason
Mar 01, 2009 Jason rated it really liked it
An interesting read, definitely. As I was reading, though, it felt like I'd walked into the story partially in progress. I believe Cut Throat is also in this trilogy, and may be better read before Nine Lives.
Alicia J
Oct 06, 2011 Alicia J rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Sharon Sala, and I really liked it. Cat Dupree is a tough bounty hunter, but with a surprising and likeable side of vulnerability. This was a very fast read, but one I thoroughly enjoyed.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Sharon Sala's Cat Dupree series. It was a good read but not great. I did like the characters and the story was good but it didn't have that extra something. Whatever that it.
Dawn
Oct 13, 2008 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of Sharon Sala's books.
A new trilogy by Sharon Sala. I really enjoyed the character of Cat Dupree and look forward to the other two books. Sharon Sala is one of my favorite authors.
Susan Walker
Oct 06, 2013 Susan Walker rated it really liked it
This is a great introduction to the Cat Dupree books. It keeps your interest and has good characters. I also recommend the next two Cat Dupree books.
Erin
Jul 16, 2008 Erin rated it did not like it
This was a typical romance thriller. The description on the back was not entirely accurate in its description of the plot. A quick and easy read.
Pamela
Nov 13, 2012 Pamela rated it really liked it
I am excited to read more books written by Sharon Sala. It was a very enjoyable smooth read I enjoyed it a lot.
April
Apr 30, 2013 April rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from the first word to the very last. Can't wait to read the next one of Cat Dupree story.
Doris
Oct 21, 2007 Doris is currently reading it
This is a book that I got from my Hubby's boss. I am just starting it so I have no comments yet.
  • The Perfect Lie
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • No One Left to Tell (No One, #2)
  • Discovering Dani  (Jamesville, #1)
  • Stop Me (The Last Stand, #2)
  • Love You to Death
  • Tempting Fate
  • The First Sin (Lexi Steele, #1)
  • Forgotten
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • In Plain Sight (The Ivory Nation)
  • A Delicious Taboo Plus Two
  • Desert Heat (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Immortal Bride
  • I'm Watching You
  • A Baby in the Bunkhouse (Made in Texas: Families of the Lone Star State #2)
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader
More about Sharon Sala...

Cat Dupree (3 books)
  • Cut Throat (Cat Dupree, #2)
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)

“Hello, Presley residence.”

“Mrs. Presley, this is Dallas Memorial. I have—”

Penny started to weep. “Oh my God, he’s dead, isn’t he?”

“No, no, Mrs. Presley. Quite the contrary. The doctor wanted you to know that we think your husband is waking up.”

Penny’s emotions shuddered to a stop. Not dead? Not dead after all? Waking up? What the hell was all this about?”
0 likes
“She sat on the side of the bed with her bare feet firmly on the thick Berber carpeting and tried to maintain a sense of calm. No need to let her emotions get the best of her. It wasn’t as if this was a disappointment, exactly. Still, as she got up to get dressed, she couldn’t help but think how much simpler this all would be if he’d gone ahead and died. Now the police would get involved, and there was nothing she could do to separate herself from the mess that was bound to come.” 0 likes