Start by marking “A Night at Tears of Crimson” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Night at Tears of Cr...
Cara Faith Donovan

A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson #1)

Cara moved to New Orleans to start a new life. Growing up in rural Alabama she had been sheltered from the real world and was ready to discover everything she felt had missed. Moving from a place where church socials were the only entertainment, she finds herself in a world she never even dreamed existed. When Cara first meets Rafe at the new vampire bar, Tears of Crimson, ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 22nd 2011 by Amazon Digital Services (first published September 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Night at Tears of Crimson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Night at Tears of Crimson

May 26, 2012 Stephanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
THIS IS POSSIBLY THE WORST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ! Original post http://fangswandsandfairydust.blogspo...

It is unlike me to find nothing redeemable in even the worst book, perhaps if I had read the illustrated copy of this it would be one thing I could have found positive. But I read it on a Kindle Two; literally forcing myself to finish it so I could review it. I've though long and hard about this review.

The story started out tolerably, I didn't think it was going to change my life but I didn't
May 15, 2012 Carrie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This book was absolutely horrible. It takes a lot to make me want to quit reading a book, but this was just bad enough. The author either did not have anyone else read this, or just genuinely believes these mixed up, typo filled sentences are awesome. Either way, I didn't care about any of the characters, there was no real plot twists or development, and I was just glad when it was all over. Thank god it was free.
Jul 13, 2011 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love vampires like I do you will probably like this too.

The setting takes place in NOLA. A girl, Cara Donovan leaves her home looking for a way to earn money just to survive. She's a normal, down to earth girl, who takes a job in a vampire bar as a waitress. Although she's more of a singer.

At Tears of Crimson, the name of the bar, she meets new friends and becomes attracted to the owner. His name is Rafe and from the description, sounds like your hottest fantasy come to life!

Rafe falls
Mimi Barbour
May 16, 2012 Mimi Barbour rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hardly ever read books about vampires, and then came the Twilight saga, and I got hooked. Maybe because they were written for YA, they stayed in the realm of being 'sweet'. But when I read A Night at Tears of Crimson I realized what I had missed. This is an adult story written for women. About a young girl whose faced with making choices for her future with a man who could take any female alive into the twilight zone. It was so good that I passed it on to a friend with the words – you just hav ...more
Nov 19, 2012 Dena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it and cannot wait for the other books...
Lucie Paris
At the beginning, the story resembles a fairy tale. The heroine, Cara Donovan, suffered in her youth from a lack of maternal love. Yet she grows up and becomes a charming, shy, voluntary young woman full of life. Due to her own determination, she found job as a waitress in "Tears of Crimson" that gives her a financial stability but also the affection and protection of a family. Her handsome boss will prove to be a prince charming a bit peculiar.

If Rafe is a true gentleman concerned with the well
May 23, 2012 MsRomanticReads rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes darker vampires and a lot of drama

Cara Donovan is a country girl in New Orleans looking for a job. She'd love to find a job as a singer, but beggars can't be choosers, so she ends up applying for a job as a waitress in a goth club called Tears of Crimson. It isn't until later that the club is actually a vampire club. Which means, the man she's been lusting over, her boss Rafe, is also a vampire.

Rafe knows he should stay away from her, but he can't. Now that she knows about the existence of vampires, she'll need to be protected,
Shadowstorm Norwicca
I don't know where to start... I'm so excited about this book heck this series. First a down home girl from Alabama(Cara) wanting to be the next big music sensation moves to Louisiana, but success isn't as easy as she thought. She finds herself hoping for work at a nightclub to be noticed and she finds her way to a newly opened Vampire club Tears of Crimson. Cara meets the man who will make life a lot more interesting. Rafe is owner the nightclub and is drawn to the little southern bell sitting ...more
C.T. Todd
Jan 21, 2012 C.T. Todd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tears of Crimson – Michelle Hughes Book Review by C.T.Todd –Author of the Neesa Vampire Series.

Michelle Hughes first book in the series A Night At Tears Of Crimson draws the reader in from the very first page. The beautiful main character Cara, a small town girl from Alabama goes for a life change and moves to the big city of New Orleans with a dream of making a career out of her love of music.
She then finds out just how hard life can be in the city and is forced to take a job at a night club t
Oct 13, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-vamp
Wow! another hot new vamp {Rafe}"Ishould`t want you Cara", his hand moved to grasp her chin and he spoke the words looking deeply into her beautiful chocolate eyes. "I shouldn`t want to undress you now and take your beautiful body in ways I can`t even begin to describe", he spoke the words, then hated him self for being so weak.His hand tightened its hold on her chin,"if I had any common sense I would walk away from you", he lowered his lips to hers and kissed her with a passion that refused to ...more
May 08, 2013 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, steamy
New Orleans, young woman trying to make a living, brooding vamp who owns a bar...what could happen?

A tale of almost mythical proportion! A love so deep that maybe Death could not even snuff it out? Loyalty to each other that binds them as a sort of family? Passion that so fiercely burns it makes ordinary flame pale in comparison? All that and more.

First in a series. Sexual situations. Mature readers.
Violet Patterson
Jan 25, 2012 Violet Patterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire romance lovers!!
LOVED the settings! New Orleans, a vampire bar, and a waterfall, need I say more? It was nice to have such focus on the two main characters and their developing relationship - quite refreshing actually to have secondary characters remain secondary. I truly enjoyed the plotline and how well it moved.

There were just a few grammatical errors but nothing to detract from the story. I quite look forward to the sequel....mmmmm....Rafe....mmmmm.
Sean Hayden
Nov 01, 2011 Sean Hayden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always been a fan of vampire books. Lately they have been less than enthusiastic in their portrayal of my favorite type of undead. It's great to see a new series from a new author that offers more than a little hope with getting away from the emotional messes that they have been turning into lately. Great work Miss Hughes, Keep em coming!
Sep 04, 2012 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Small time country girl goes to New Orleans to try and become a singer to end up in a Vampire Bar and falling in Love with the Owner and the Journey begins. Struggling with her mortal soul Cara finds she would give her soul to be with the Vampire she Loves beyond all else. Great Book I highly recommend and can't wait to read the Eternal Crimson.
Brenda Cothern
Jun 25, 2012 Brenda Cothern rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance, free, m-f
Excellent plot and well thought out characters. This book is not a stand alone and will leave you wanting to read the next in the series. 4 out of 5 stars because there were some inconsistencies (Cara's height in the beginning was 5'4 then somehow became 5'9, for example) and the author frequently inserted first person narrative into the story that was in third person.
Lynn Williams
Feb 23, 2016 Lynn Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, but

The story was good, and full of action and erotica, but it could use a better editor. Changes in tense, points of view and even some repeated paragraphs, it took some away from the story.
Jan 18, 2013 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying that I enjoyed the storyline and characters immensely. However, grammar Nazi that I am, the misspellings and incorrect word usage drove me to distraction. With proper editing,I would say that this was a great read.
Virgil Moore
Apr 23, 2013 Virgil Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful writing, beautiful descriptions. Overall fun and enjoying ride. Hughes knows how to craft a book. Read it this week only if you can't read it right now.

Virgil Allen Moore
Author of Demon Vampire
May 13, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Not a dull moment to the book. Fast moving. A different type of Paranormal that i am use to reading. Exceptional plot. There is a book II. I plan on reading it next. Highly recommend. Gave it a 5+ STAR......
Emma Meade
Apr 11, 2012 Emma Meade rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love New Orleans & obsessed with vampires, put them together and you have a winner. Fun and sexy light-hearted reading.
Aug 22, 2014 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
total crap!!!! I got 74% done with this snorefest and couldn't force myself to read one more word!! oh, and the editing was HORRIBLE!! what a waste of time!
Lilith Darville
It's hard work to write a book, so I give three stars to applaud the effort; however, the extensive grammar and spelling errors made it difficult for me to see past them to the story....
Julie Hodgson
Julie Hodgson rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2013
Susanna Mahoney
Susanna Mahoney rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2011
Megen rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2016
Joie rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2013
Melissa Adams
Melissa Adams rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Hunter Morgan
Hunter Morgan rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2012
April Inman
April Inman rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • My Twisted Drink
  • Eternal Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #2)
  • The Vampires' Last Lover (Dying of the Dark Vampires Book 1)
  • Alone (Serenity, #1)
  • Seithe (Pravus, #1)
  • Soul Search
  • A Different Life (Beasts of Forever, #2)
  • All Hallows Heartbreaker (My Immortal Knight, #1)
  • Blood Tide
  • The Taste of Magic
  • Bound By Blood
  • This Blood (Grace Allen, #1)
  • Her Druid Temptation (The Amber Druid Series 0.5)
  • Spellbound (Legend, #1)
  • Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1)
  • Dance Macabre (Lords of Pendragon #1)

Tears of Crimson (2 books)
  • Eternal Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #2)