Start by marking “Gray Lake: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Gray Lake: A Novel

Gray Lake: A Novel

Brian and Iggy are suddenly living the urban legends and ghost stories they love as they witness a jet-black car cruising across the fog-laced, moonlit surface of Gray Lake.

At the same moment, in the marshes to the north, the battle for dominance over a troubled gang of small-town meth dealers begins.

For Scott Ignatowski, the demonic car’s arrival heralds a downward spir
Published (first published June 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gray Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gray Lake

Samb
Jul 31, 2012 Samb rated it really liked it
Janice
Aug 25, 2011 Janice rated it it was amazing
This was a very good 70's or 80's ghost story, about drugs and alcohol. The Queen of the lake and how everyone related to her was very interesting.
Gilbert Baron
Jul 22, 2014 Gilbert Baron rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Quote from reviewer Samb "The plot twists and turns as well as the back and forth between the supernatural and reality kept me reading from start to finish. A really good book for a dark and stormy night. "

Well perhaps he liked it. I could not finish. I read 75% of it and still have no idea of what is the point. The first book I simply gave up on. Twists and turns and back and forth and nothing to get hooked on and scary it is not.

Luckily I got this on a free special.

May just be me but it just i
Patricia
Jun 03, 2015 Patricia rated it really liked it
Different

Definitely not a typical ghost story type read or horror story but not the type of book I normally read either. It wasn't a bad story and the storyline was a good plot. It keeps the readers attention and has you definitely glued to your seat.
Dale
Aug 30, 2012 Dale rated it it was amazing
Brian and Iggy, best friends, have heard of all the ghost stories and urban legends surrounding Gray Lake but they never believed they would witness it firsthand. The ghosts infect their lives and others in the community, leading the reader on a spine tingling journey.

"Gray Lake" is a true ghost story that has something for everyone. Romance,thriller,crime,and fantasy are covered to some extent. You would expect a mixture of genres like that to be convoluted but Bain's writing style combines the
Jonna
Jul 07, 2013 Jonna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure how to review this. I found myself getting caught up in the story during certain chapters. I felt like I spent the first 150 pages asking myself "what is going on here? who is this talking about again?" So I felt a little disconnected from the story until half way through the book. I felt like I was on that upward chug of a roller coaster, looking over the side going, where am I? What's going to happen?

But by then the story really shifted shapes and that's where you felt like you we
Debbie Heaton
Feb 11, 2013 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Bain’s supernatural horror novel, teenage friends, Brian and Iggy, find themselves seeking out ghost stories and urban legends as they watch mystified as a car drives across the moonlit surface of Gray Lake. Simultaneously, a gang of meth dealers battle for dominance to the north.

For Iggy, the car sighting heralds a series of dreams; while Brian enters into a dark relationship with a beautiful girl he meets on the lakeshore named Maya.

Soon these events will hurtle Brian, Iggy and others towar
Daniel
Jun 08, 2015 Daniel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crap
Eric
Dec 23, 2012 Eric rated it liked it
I thought this one had some slow spots, and the Menger character was one of the few which I felt was well defined. There were also numerous editing issues on my Kindle edition which is never a plus. Overall, it was a fanciful tale though and combined several urban legend scenarios with an ethereal realm in a fashion that held my interest. I would gladly read more from this author.
Robbi Freeman
Aug 20, 2013 Robbi Freeman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to read scary novels all the time then Steven King and Dean Koontz seemed to lose their chill. This was a great book that will keep you up at night. Very impressed. The story will keep you wondering and guessing all the way through. A new author for me to bring the scary back to reading.
Heather McBride
Strange book... The story line was good but I think it could have used a few more scary ghosts and left out the "queen"... Jumpy , slow, and confusing in some places, like you had to be hallucinating to understand it... I gave it three stars because most of the main characters were likable...
Kimberley
Nov 30, 2013 Kimberley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
enjoyable ...finished in a day...kept me interested
Ken
Dec 07, 2013 Ken added it
False
Sheryl Mathis
Sheryl Mathis rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Shannon Thompson
Shannon Thompson rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2016
simon shepherd
simon shepherd marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
ben
ben marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Marti's Fire
Marti's Fire is currently reading it
May 17, 2016
Sasha Sicard
Sasha Sicard rated it did not like it
May 25, 2016
K.R. Steam
K.R. Steam marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Anna Lundblad
Anna Lundblad marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
James Foster
James Foster rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Demon Signet
  • Contact (Halfkinds: Survival and Superiority, #1)
  • Sunfall Manor
  • Fallen
  • Rainy Nights 4
  • Outcome (Breakers, #0.5)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • 24 Bones
  • Bay's End
  • Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
  • Fate War: Alliance
  • The Stone Man
  • One Blood
  • Creative Spirit
  • A Time of Myths
  • Stone Cold
  • Vampires, Ghosts, and God (Five Novel Box Set)
  • The Disenchanted Pet