Start by marking “Hold Me Tight” as Want to Read:
Hold Me Tight

Hold Me Tight (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
This photo screams D/s to me.

Published July 6th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Hold Me Tight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold Me Tight

Exina
Trevor Hart saves a boy from a possible abuse in a dark alley. Next day he finds him on a bench sleeping. He is injured, and obviously lives on the street, so Trevor takes him home until he gets better.

There is no decent characterization: we know nothing about Trevor, or about Sam… For god’s sake, the author didn’t even give him a surname. Sam is a horny teenager, who believes sex equals love.
"Never going to find love if you don't take chances."
"Risks, you mean. Chances are going on dates wit
A Girl Has No Name
1.5 stars!

Well, what did I read here! Something that didn’t work out at all - just to say it mildly! Let me try to order my feelings and to express what I think. This won’t be easy considering that I’m still slightly shell-shocked about the fact that not much made sense in this story.

Let’s start with the good things: I really liked the prompt and I was pretty sure that I would enjoy a story about a young man looking for love in a desperate way after having run from his abusive home.

The pictur
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I was really liking this until (view spoiler)
Marte

Didn't want to read this.

The prompt picture turned me off (he looks barely 15 or something!) coupled with that prompt text and tags.

---------------------------------------------------------

A short story in the collection "Don't Read in the Closet, Volume One" from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.
Click HERE for the story online or  HERE to download the whole collection for your reading device.

Picture and prompt:

Dear Author,

This photo screams D/s to me.

I believe the young man has run
Simsala
Jul 20, 2011 Simsala rated it really liked it
I`m not amused.
Where are the next 15 chapters?.....?.....Damn!
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One anthology. Story #26***

The story has potential. But there were too much questions unanswered and I had my problems with it.

Sam has major issues. And I don't think a) that this is how abused teenager would react to somebody holding them imobile and b) that sex with an almost stranger would do him any good. IMO he needs professional help and somebody who isn't interested at him in a sexual way.

Anyway, I think with a more open prompt
Cindi
Apr 26, 2012 Cindi rated it really liked it
Of all the stories in the anthology I think this is one of those that would have made an excellent full length book. Nice story but so much left unsaid. I want to know how Sam got to this point. I want to know more about Trevor. I want to see how they both ended up in the position they are in in the story.

I am so eager to read something longer by this author. I love the writing style and I can only imagine how good a longer story would be.
Silvia
Oct 16, 2016 Silvia rated it really liked it
Short and sweet. Love that Trevor was able to show Sam restraint and respect before he allowed intimacy. In the end Sam was able to receive Trevor's affection without feeling obligated to return sex as payment for living rent free.
L-D
Oct 02, 2011 L-D rated it really liked it
This story was part of the M/M Romance Groups' Hot Summer Days Event. I love these projects because it matches an M/M writer with a photo and a reader request. To view the photo and request that inspired this story click on the link below (Warning: Depicts M/M situation with dominant/submissive theme):

First of all, I want to say that this photo was really aggressive and sexy and the reader request was to have a dominant/submissive theme, which makes a lot
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
This photo screams D/s to me. I believe the young man has run away from home the day after his high school graduation to escape an abusive step-father who molested him while his mother was too sick to know what was happening. He's living on the streets (or beach) and looking for love (someone to give a damn) in all the wrong places including gay bars and dark alleys. The older man rescues him from someone taking advantage of him (hurting him) and takes him home for a few days till
CAS
Jul 19, 2011 CAS rated it really liked it
WOW! LOVED this story..
A nice slow build up to a very satisfying conclusion.

"Alex Whitehall is a wide-eyed babe in the world of publishing"
Obviously being "wide eyed" works for you, your vision is VERY clear and focused and your ability to put that vision into words and share that image with us.. just wow.. Beautiful. :)
I would LOVE to read more about Trevor and Sam and agree with Zach, Would love to know more about Sam's past and see if he finds the love he is looking for with Trevor.

Kath
This this one of those books that would could be made a complete novella, because there is so much left unsaid and so much to speculate about.
Also the fact that sam didn't really explain things he just hinted things about his stepfather and ill mother, which in it self is frustrating...
Its also vexing that he went out and had a fling just because Trevor wasn't heading that way as yet.
So. All on all it felt incomplete.
There is room still for much more.
Pixie
Jul 04, 2015 Pixie rated it it was ok
All kinds of random. Sam seemed like a person with good intentions. BUT I highly suggest against picking up random boys who seem to be a on a path to nowhere and bringing them home like a stray puppy. Trevor…didn’t seem like the most mentally stable person. I would like to understand where his emotional instability was coming from but the story was too short to provide any insight. If I was Sam’s friend I’d be judging.
Wendy Ann
Jul 30, 2011 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
Loved it! Trevor was so wonderful to get involved, help out and not want to take advantage of the situation and Sam's vulnerability. And Sam? Sweet and innocent, yet too grown up in some ways. Gosh, I would love to read more about them because it feels like there is so much more to the story - especially Sam's history and where their relationship might go. Awesome job!!! :)

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jan 18, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
This was a pretty good short story. I would have liked to get more background on Sam and maybe having their first time happen a little differently, but I could easily see myself reading a longer version showing more of their relationship from this point onward.
Serena
Apr 17, 2016 Serena rated it liked it
Shelves: gr-dritc, romance-mm
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One

My Rating System:
Fairy / Anna
Nov 15, 2011 Fairy / Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
4 stars, only for idea. But where is the rest of this story? It could have been so good.
Ummm... Changed my mind.
GlamLawyer
Dec 14, 2014 GlamLawyer rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-age-gap
3.5 stars Love the characters, especially Sam. I want more of him. More of their relationship. Yup this is one of those shorties that should be a book.
K.C. Beaumont
K.C. Beaumont rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Kristin Sullivan
Kristin Sullivan rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Anke
Anke rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2012
Kim Alan
Kim Alan rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2011
Dee Wy
Dee Wy rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2011
Miriki
Miriki rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2011
Marolyn
Marolyn rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2012
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Masochism 101
  • Mourning
  • Innocence to the Max (Iunctiō Cōpula, #0.5)
  • Hidden Amongst Stars
  • I Am the Highway
  • Hidden Needs (Secrets of the Sanctuary, #1)
  • Between Friends
  • If One Dream Should Fall and Break
  • Surf's Up
  • Bear Naked
4902054

If there are two types of people in the world, Alex Whitehall probably isn't one of them, despite being a person. Her—for lack of a better pronoun—favorite pastimes include reading, horseback riding, reading, watching geek-tastic television, reading, and running. While Alex prefers writing over doing anything else (except maybe reading), sometimes she emerges from the cave to be social and to hun
More about Alex Whitehall...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix