Start by marking “Hold Me Tight” as Want to Read:
Hold Me Tight

Hold Me Tight (Hot Summer Days)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Free short story written for the M/M Romance group's "Hot Summer Days" event.

----------
Genres/Tags: Gay M/M / Contemporary / Hurt-Comfort / Age Gap / Light BDSM / Barely Legal / Boy off the streets
Approx. Word Count: 6,938
ebook, Online Fiction, 19 pages
Published July 6th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Hold Me Tight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold Me Tight

Exina
Trevor Hart saves a boy from a possible abuse in a dark alley. Next day he finds him on a bench sleeping. He is injured, and obviously lives on the street, so Trevor takes him home until he gets better.

There is no decent characterization: we know nothing about Trevor, or about Sam… For god’s sake, the author didn’t even give him a surname. Sam is a horny teenager, who believes sex equals love.
"Never going to find love if you don't take chances."
"Risks, you mean. Chances are going on dates wit
Marte
Jan 26, 2015 Marte marked it as abandoned

Didn't want to read this.

The prompt picture turned me off(he looks barely 15 or something!)coupled with that prompt text and tags.

---------------------------------------------------------

A short story in the collection"Don't Read in the Closet, Volume One"from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.
ClickHEREfor the story online orHEREto downloadthe whole collection for your reading device.

Picture and prompt:

Dear Author,

This photo screams D/s to me.

I believe the young man has run away from
Simsala
I`m not amused.
Where are the next 15 chapters?.....?.....Damn!
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One anthology. Story #26***

The story has potential. But there were too much questions unanswered and I had my problems with it.

Sam has major issues. And I don't think a) that this is how abused teenager would react to somebody holding them imobile and b) that sex with an almost stranger would do him any good. IMO he needs professional help and somebody who isn't interested at him in a sexual way.

Anyway, I think with a more open prompt
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I was really liking this until (view spoiler)
Cindi
Of all the stories in the anthology I think this is one of those that would have made an excellent full length book. Nice story but so much left unsaid. I want to know how Sam got to this point. I want to know more about Trevor. I want to see how they both ended up in the position they are in in the story.

I am so eager to read something longer by this author. I love the writing style and I can only imagine how good a longer story would be.
L-D
This story was part of the M/M Romance Groups' Hot Summer Days Event. I love these projects because it matches an M/M writer with a photo and a reader request. To view the photo and request that inspired this story click on the link below (Warning: Depicts M/M situation with dominant/submissive theme):

First of all, I want to say that this photo was really aggressive and sexy and the reader request was to have a dominant/submissive theme, which makes a lot
Kath
This this one of those books that would could be made a complete novella, because there is so much left unsaid and so much to speculate about.
Also the fact that sam didn't really explain things he just hinted things about his stepfather and ill mother, which in it self is frustrating...
Its also vexing that he went out and had a fling just because Trevor wasn't heading that way as yet.
So. All on all it felt incomplete.
There is room still for much more.
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
This photo screams D/s to me. I believe the young man has run away from home the day after his high school graduation to escape an abusive step-father who molested him while his mother was too sick to know what was happening. He's living on the streets (or beach) and looking for love (someone to give a damn) in all the wrong places including gay bars and dark alleys. The older man rescues him from someone taking advantage of him (hurting him) and takes him home for a few days till
GlamLawyer
3.5 stars Love the characters, especially Sam. I want more of him. More of their relationship. Yup this is one of those shorties that should be a book.
CAS
WOW! LOVED this story..
A nice slow build up to a very satisfying conclusion.

"Alex Whitehall is a wide-eyed babe in the world of publishing"
Obviously being "wide eyed" works for you, your vision is VERY clear and focused and your ability to put that vision into words and share that image with us.. just wow.. Beautiful. :)
I would LOVE to read more about Trevor and Sam and agree with Zach, Would love to know more about Sam's past and see if he finds the love he is looking for with Trevor.

Wendy Ann
Loved it! Trevor was so wonderful to get involved, help out and not want to take advantage of the situation and Sam's vulnerability. And Sam? Sweet and innocent, yet too grown up in some ways. Gosh, I would love to read more about them because it feels like there is so much more to the story - especially Sam's history and where their relationship might go. Awesome job!!! :)

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
This was a pretty good short story. I would have liked to get more background on Sam and maybe having their first time happen a little differently, but I could easily see myself reading a longer version showing more of their relationship from this point onward.
Fairy / Anna
4 stars, only for idea. But where is the rest of this story? It could have been so good.
Ummm... Changed my mind.
Zach Sweets
Fantastic story, Alex! I certainty want more of Trevor and Sam. I want to know more about Sam's past.
Rachel
Hot story, I loved how this went with the photo so well!
Leaundra
Great story but I wish it was so much longer:-)
SueM
Fani
Fani added it
Mar 22, 2015
Jon Lacey
Jon Lacey marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
MLE
MLE added it
Jan 26, 2015
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
  • Bear Naked
  • The Elements of Love
  • Sucker-Punch
4902054

If there are two types of people in the world, Alex Whitehall probably isn't one of them, despite being a person. Her—for lack of a better pronoun—favorite pastimes include reading, horseback riding, reading, watching geek-tastic television, reading, and running. While Alex prefers writing over doing anything else (except maybe reading), sometimes she emerges from the cave to be social and to hun
More about Alex Whitehall...

Hot Summer Days (1 - 10 of 112 books)
  • Open Tackle
  • Dog Days of Summer
  • Wanting (Wanting, #1)
  • Breaking Waves
  • Bridges (Bridges, #1)
An Adventure In Beginnings Soups and Diners A Gift of Mistletoe Planting Seeds Mark of the Familiar