Start by marking “Gordon Ramsay: On Top of the World: On Top of the World” as Want to Read:
Gordon Ramsay: On Top of the World: On Top of the World

Gordon Ramsay: On Top of the World: On Top of the World

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Best known as the host of Fox's Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares, Gordon Ramsay is one of the most driven, successful, and irate chefs around. He has thrown Hollywood actresses out of his restaurants and is notorious for his anger, but his food has been served to numerous heads of state, and he is one of only three chefs in England whose restaurant is rated at three M ...more
Published May 27th 2014 by Not Avail (first published February 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Gordon Ramsay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gordon Ramsay

Eva Bradshaw-Burnett
I bought this book because I am Gordon Ramsay fan. Despite the critical review of the book I thought it was well written. I do wish that the author had also gone further with the book and included the scandal that went on when money was embezzled by his father in law and brother-in-law. I realise that many people think that Gordon's use of the F*** word constantly is put on to get attention. But having lived in Scotland, in an area quite similar, and not all that far from where he was raised, I ...more
Oralee
Jan 05, 2015 Oralee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this look into the life of one of the most recognised chefs of the world. It was interesting to read this and then his autobiography and see that his own ideals of himself are not that different than Mr. Simpson's. The Media has built Gordon Ramsey up to be a larger than life character and capitalized on his not so good qualities for viewers and moneys but after reading the 2 books on him you get a much more realistic view of an incredible person.
Carla
Sep 15, 2012 Carla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book I've read on Gordon Ramsay, but not what I was looking for. The writer quoted Gordon a few times, but then presented a lot of information "informatively", but was it factually? Pretty "safe" book. I thought most of the story of his childhood heartbreaking, so appreciate where he came from and where he is today. As well, his charitable work must be humbling. It does appear that when there have been disagreements with the "community", he can apologize. Would have still preferred a book ...more
Rip Washington
Aug 26, 2012 Rip Washington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Based on reviews I've read this was supposed to be a poorly written book. I purchased it anyway because I enjoy Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen. I'm delighted to say that this bio was equally entertaining. What a fascinating person Gordon Ramsey turns out to be!
Nabela
Jan 03, 2013 Nabela rated it really liked it
Nice insight into what makes this man tick. I would like to find a book that's more from Gordon's perspective than someone writing about him. Didn't know all those details about his childhood years, but it helps explain why he's so intense and loves what he does.
Chad
Aug 11, 2012 Chad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific book with a lot of insight into the world of Gordon Ramsay; if you have seen his television shows and want to know more about the man behind them - I highly recommend you read this book.
Joe Valenti
Sep 02, 2013 Joe Valenti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, biography
Good book. The language is a bit over the top, but I suppose that comes with the territory. It is amazing to hear about all of the struggles that Ramsay has come through to be where he is today.
Jane
Apr 23, 2011 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-kid-books
Reading this book, you will learn a lot about this passionate man who has worked so hard to get to where he is.
Amanda
Amanda added it
Feb 10, 2016
Sophia
Sophia rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Elzebet
Elzebet marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Dennis Lemmen
Dennis Lemmen rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Dianna
Dianna added it
Jan 17, 2016
Harvey Lydiard
Harvey Lydiard marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Astrid
Astrid rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Ania Snopek
Ania Snopek rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Allen Otway
Allen Otway marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Lisa
Lisa added it
Oct 31, 2015
Greg M.
Greg M. marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Noriko
Noriko rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Judah
Judah rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Betsy
Betsy rated it did not like it
Aug 17, 2015
Marlene De villiers
Marlene De villiers rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Poetry to Prose
Poetry to Prose rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Corinda
Corinda rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Julie Parker
Julie Parker rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2015
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015