Start by marking “Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool, #7)” as Want to Read:
Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool, #7)

Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool, Volume II #7)

Ground Control to Major Deadpool After bumping off Macho Gomez, the galaxy's top assassin, Deadpool heads into space to increase his intergalactic cred. Abandoning his plans to become one of Earth's heroes, he decides to stop pulling punches, knives, swords, bullets, grenades and so forth. Everyone's favorite fun-loving killer-for-hire is back with a new job and a new lady ...more
Published November 30th 2011 by Marvel Enterprises, Inc. (first published June 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadpool

Sam Quixote
Nov 16, 2016 Sam Quixote rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After Deadpool encounters Macho Gomez, supposedly the galaxy’s greatest mercenary, he blasts off into space to prove to the universe there’s no-one more badass at merc-ing than him. How? By marrying a space hippo and picking a fight with a drug-addicted moon of course!

Alriiiiight, we’re back to quality with Deadpool, Volume 7: Space Oddity! Turns out the shot in the arm the series needed was to send Wade into spaaaace!

The Macho Gomez issue was full of fun violence with Wade inventively beating
Nicolo Yu
One thing I like about reading Deadpool comics is the fact you don't need any commitment. This series by Daniel Way more so because of the limited backmatter the character has and that the writer is establishing his own canon for this run. One could read a random volume of the trades and not worry about the continuity. The "no-worrying about continuity" is the draw.

The title to the trade, "Space Oddity", is one of my favorite David Bowie tracks. That song was a classic; this book is not. This is
'kris Pung
Oct 22, 2014 'kris Pung rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this volume, way more zangy then the previous ones.
Sesana
Oct 26, 2011 Sesana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superhumans, comics
In a word: meh. If I didn't like Deadpool so much, I'd rate it even lower. Possibly my least favorite trade from this iteration of Deadpool. Luckily, the episodic nature of the storylines (or, if you're less charitable, write-for-the-trade) means that what happens here will mostly stay here and I won't have to worry about it again. Yay!
Aaron
Sep 15, 2011 Aaron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like that each story arc in this series stands on its own. It makes for accessible and varied idiocy, and leaves Deadpool free to go completely off the rails. It may not have the draw of a series that builds upon itself, but its certainly very fun and often laugh-out-loud funny. However, we are STILL dealing with this dumb theme of Deadpool wishing to be hero, and it is so damn cheesy that I can't forgive it.

This time around we get Deadpool facing off against a sentient moon that's going aroun
Ryan Stewart
Would have gone with a two-star rating if not for the hilarious origin stories of Id and Ego from Deadpool's vantage point and a few super funny jokes interspersed here and there. Warning: this is even dumber than your average DP book. Easily my least favorite installment of the Way-era.
Kristen
Mar 25, 2016 Kristen rated it liked it
I'm not a giant fan of space stuff, especially when it comes to current day kind of stuff, so this wasn't my favorite. Deadpool had some good lines, like usual, but this just wasn't really my cup of tea.
Lissibith
Deadpool's still funny, but this current run is starting to feel a little samey. Not only that, but it seems to be pale shadows of some of his earlier adventures. Its not bad exactly, but its also not as good as previous entries.
Mira Domsky
Full of all the wise cracks, violence, weirdness and mayhem you hope for with Deadpool... in space!
Scott
Daniel Way continues to deliver enjoyable Deadpool stories.
Paula
Feb 17, 2016 Paula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
Liked it, enjoyable, as usual, Deadpooly.
Lissa
May 24, 2014 Lissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, read-in-2013
Whoa, what happened here? I found myself actually liking this trade!

The first issue is a point one (a "jumping on" point, even though it is set in the middle of a story arc), in which Deadpool is hired to make the Wrecker vacate an apartment. But things aren't what they seem, and Deadpool makes some different decisions. I really liked this issue and thought that Way captured Deadpool well (never thought that I would say that).

The next issue, which leads into the "Space Oddity" arc, involves Dea
Callie Rose Tyler
Nov 23, 2015 Callie Rose Tyler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
Solid!

The first issue is a nice one off that involves Deadpool and some sleazy landlords, it's more entertaining than it sounds. The second issue introduces us to the best bounty hunter in the universe which sets up the next story arc, Deadpool in Space! Yay!!!!

Deadpool's humor is on point and the supporting characters are interesting. Also the villain is a giant moon! Aside from getting married, Deadpool also manages to be our beloved anti-hero, saving aliens and getting no Earthly recognition.
Library
Jan 25, 2015 Library rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually enjoy space adventures but Deadpool style was a hilarious and fun read. Deadpool's space journey starts when the top assassin in the galaxy comes after him. Afterwards, he takes his heroic pursuit (and for intergalactic recognition) to space and battles Id, the selfish moon to save entire planets from being consumed. My favorite part was the crop circle that he had created on one of the planets to taunt Id. This volume contains issues 32-35 and claims issue 33.1 but all I saw was ...more
Léna
Nov 15, 2012 Léna rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Génial ! Tout d'abord, Deadpool doit expulser The Wrecker de sa résidence ce qui n'est évidemment pas simple. Ensuite, il est embarqué dans une histoire intergalactique à cause d'un mercenaire extra-terrestre du nom de Macho Gomez et doit détruire une lune vivante !
Deadpool fait n'importe quoi, comme d'habitude mais agit toujours comme le doivent les vrais héros même quand ses deux voix intérieures essaient de l'en dissuader.
Un tome drôle et burlesque, EXTRÊMEMENT BIEN illustré... bref, un bon m
Silas
Jun 23, 2014 Silas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deadpool in Space!
It's weird, and a nice change of pace, with people acting a bit less like he is totally insane, since they don't realize this isn't normal for humans. The aliens are suitably wacky, and it relates to some odd, old Marvel space stuff... though only for the main villain. It was enjoyable, but I'm also kind of glad it didn't overstay its welcome. The short side story was a fun diversion, as well.
Sasha
Aug 17, 2016 Sasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, graphic-novel
There was just something about this volume. It had charisma and spunk and I found myself grinning and laughing through the whole thing. It was everything I expected out of a Deadpool graphic novel.

Deadpool seemed exactly like himself. In certain novels, he can get a bit out of character (I feel like). He was just the right kind of crazy.

This is problem my favorite book so far.
Chappy
Jul 10, 2015 Chappy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2016
Deadpool tries to go heartless rogue for hire in the latest merc with a mouth adventure, with several spankin new stories.
Deadpools comics have the exact right blend of action, comedy and heart to keep you entertained the whole way through. I need to give it another read tonight to soak up every graphic, blood splat and quip this issue has to offer.
Natalia Rox
Eh... Space.

Although for some reason I am happy that Deadpool got some lovin'. He is so good at keeping serious situations light that I think he deserves a win now and then, even if his girl looks like a space hippo.

Tommy
Sep 25, 2015 Tommy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another in a parade of oddball characters. This time it's a celestial body. The writing wasn't bad but I didn't think the story was that interesting and the various drills and explosives was a tad confusing.
Katie McDermott
Jan 06, 2012 Katie McDermott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot was a bit absurd (even moreso than usual) but the 1st half and the jokes more than make up for it
Ondra Král
Deadpool proti velké planete v parodii na Armagedon. Příběh není nic moc, ale zachraňuje to několik dobrých gagů.
B
Sep 26, 2012 B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The first tale was jarring and not as satisfying as the authors intended.

The second story in this book is a cute little arc but nothing about it was really Deadpool like except the end.
Alex Brown
Dec 06, 2013 Alex Brown rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
pretty good, plenty of funny comedy as with most deadpool comics, but not much for action. Kind if boring but it wasnt bad.
Story:7
Art:7
Action:4
Characters:5
(out of ten)
logankstewart
More comedy here, as Deadpool leaves Earth in order to prove that he's the baddest merc in the galaxy.
Kelly K
Aug 17, 2016 Kelly K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2016
I loved the poke of fun at Star Wars in this volume. The first couple issues I wasn't impressed with but the 'Space Oddity' bits were a blast.
Jaz
Jaz rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Georgia
Georgia rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2012
Shawn Boseak
Shawn Boseak rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2013
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Volume 1: Good Buddies
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Volume 3: BFFs
  • Deadpool, Volume 2: Soul Hunter
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 7

Deadpool, Volume II (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Deadpool, Volume 1: Secret Invasion