Start by marking “The Son of Man” as Want to Read:
The Son of Man

The Son of Man (The Son of Man #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Imagine they set out to clone The Son of God... Imagine they succeed... "We haven't had a chance to talk much about what it will be like to be the parents of such a...unique child." The bride pulled her eyes away from the groom and considered the priest. "I thought the Vinces wanted the baby raised in as normal an environment as possible." The priest smiled. "Yes, that is ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Createspace (first published February 8th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Son of Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Son of Man

John
This is the first time I have ever given an indie author a five-star rating. This was a surprisingly excellent book! I say "surprising" because, on the surface, the plot is laden with concepts already covered in several other books: 1) cloning Jesus 2) big asteroid about to hit the earth 3) various apocalyptic things that may/may not fulfill revelation prophecies 4) heart-warming "survivalist" stories as people flee the coming destruction... I could probably think of more!

But, to my delight, the
David Brown
I just finished this book, and wow. I must admit it was definitely an engaging story on a topic which I hold much interest, considering I recently wrote my own apocalyptic thriller: The Omega Gambit.

First of all, I found the subject itself is highly intriguing: could He really be cloned? I opened the book with no preconceptions and let the author take me where he willed.

At first I was impressed with the fullness of the characters and how easily he introduced new ones, but even more remarkable w
Rebecca
I just started reading this book. So far I can't put it down. This premise will ALWAYS get me to pick a book up, but only good writing will keep me reading it. I'm just hoping the rest of the book is equally as good! :)

That was then....

Finished this one up a few weeks ago and definitely enjoyed it. I haven't had time to read the second in the series yet, but it's in my queue. I've heard mixed reviews on that one, however I won't let those cloud my enjoyment of how I felt about this one, which wa
Jack Carlin
Jul 25, 2012 Jack Carlin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jack by: Michelle
When I downloaded this book, I had my doubts about it; usually books of this sort don't appeal to me. Now I'm checking the internet almost daily, to see when the fourth instalment is released.

Indie publishers don't get much chance to prove themselves. This is a big shame, as C.W. Johnson proves that their stories can be just as good, if not better, than those published by the big-name publishers.

Sure, there are a few mistakes here and there, but the story is so captivating that they are barely
Gus
This book took my by surprise. I was thrust into what I found to be an interesting and thought provoking story of man's own design to unwittingly bring about the apocolypse. This quickly became a page turner and I enjoyed it immensely. This was my first indie author and has led me to give other indie's a chance.

I have posted a more indepth review on my blog at http://gusgallows.blogspot.com/2012/0... as part of a Pay if Forward program for indie authors. Check it out.
Kendra
This was a great read! It has a great plot with well developed characters. You can put yourself in the shoes of any given character and imagine yourself feeling their exact emotions during such an amazingly confusing event. There are a few issues that never seem to be resolved however, they may be felt with in the later books of the series. Overall, however controversial the theme, I recommend reading this book.
Beth Blake
So fresh and original. I can't stress the importance of reading this. It was eerie but realistic. This author has a great future.
Jane Quein
John
Jul 27, 2011 John added it

But, to my delight, the
Collin Earl
I give this book 3 and 1/2 starts.

The story isn't exactly as it seems before you start reading. It focuses on the second coming of Christ, but that second coming is going to be accomplished through use of science and technology (i.e. Cloning) instead of miraculous conception. The parallell to the story of christ's first coming is uncanny including John the Baptist (Brother Michael in Modern Day), disciples of christ and plenty of miracles. This all perpetrated by a group of religious separatists
Trina Houston-dotson
I really enjoyed the book, but some of the subplots seemed pointless to me, and I'm still confused about the "Jesus" fellow. I'm still hoping it wasn't supposed to really be Jesus...that would really be the only offensive thing to me. Maybe John the Baptist or Michael the ArchAngel, since he took the name Michael. All the other religious stuff is pretty accurate; sad but true.

What was the point in selling drugs? To make money to buy all the property? For what? Are these questions gonna be answe
Elise M.
The glowing reviews of so many readers, plus the fact that the premise of the book sounded interesting, made it the first indie book I've read since Amanda Hocking. I was pleasantly surprised by her work and was hoping for something similar here. It didn't happen.

The story question is "What if DNA from the blood of Christ, taken from two relics, was cloned to bring about the second coming?" I liked this because it actually fits with the Biblical account of the first coming. The Jews were expecti
Chris Bridson
It's fairly well-written. I appreciate the work of a writer who plies his craft with a certain level of intelligence. Johnson seems to be very well-versed in a number of different intellectual and technological areas. Now for the not so glowing part... once you get past the plot combination of a doomsday scenario and religious mythology there really isn't much to it. The asteroid part of the story is very similar to the plots of two recent Hollywood movies dealing with an asteroid impact. Johnso ...more
Feldegast
My wife has been badgering me to read this for ages, and I know now why she wanted me to. I haven't been able to put the book down. The subject matter was very intriguing, but the descriptive way the author guides you through the story, and the way he has brought the characters to life has got me hooked. Bravo.
Chantel
Ok, this was amazingly weird but not in a good way. I could handle a story about people trying to clone Jesus Christ and the resulting fall out. Despite some difficulties with the story line it could have been interesting if left at that. Adding in Brother Michael and his crew, Heckle and Jeckle (what was the point of that?), along with an asteroid and a family that resorts to canabalism was just too much for me. I just think that the premise of cloning Jesus could have led to a much better stor ...more
Brandi
I liked this book. At first I thought it was going to preach beliefs at me but after I got started I really enjoyed it. Maria has been chosen to be impregnated with the cloned genes of Jesus and she has chosen Todd to be her husband. When they try to move to a different town the people paying for all the medical work have her committed and him thrown in jail. It is a race against time to save both him and her and find out who your friends are and who your enemies are. Not only will the baby be b ...more
Jill Bonham
I was drawn in by the idea of cloning Christ, it intrigued me. I really liked the book. It was faced paced and I was anxious to read what happened next. I liked that although it has a religious theme, it does not preach. You can enjoy this book whether you are religious or not. I liked the little bit of paranormal that it had. I was hoping to see what happens as the child grows to adult, but hopefully I will find that out in the 2 books that follow. I really loved the ending. I should have seen ...more
Cyndi
I loved this book. The charactar development and pace kept me enthralled. I read Son of Man on my Kindle, I was able to download it for free. I didn't buy any books for my Kindle until I finished Son of Man, and realized there was The Son of Man 2: Elders of Zion. When I finished The Son of Man, I had to continue on with the series. Well thought out ans well written. I will be purchasing the third book in the trilogy, as well as looking into what other masterpieces C.W. Johnson has come up with.
Rebecca Fairclough
I have just closed this book for the last time. I had reached 86% on my kindle and believe me, I gave this book an almighty chance.
I really wanted to thoroughly enjoy it and at times I was gripped, but the endless back and forth between characters and situations was a real put off. It made me dizzy to be perfectly honest.
For me to give a book such a chance and give up, is a huge thing. But I actually feel liberated.
I see this book has a few good reviews. I guess it just wasn't for me.
Barbara Tsipouras
After finishing this first book of the series of course I wanted to know how it would lead to the End. Is this baby realy Jesus - or is it the Anti-Christ??
Tuanna
Great set of books. I can't wait for the next one. I couldn't put them down. Stayed up all hours of the night fighting sleep to keep reading finally my eyes just wouldn't let me read any more. I looked forward to my morning coffee and my book.
This series will give you something to think about-about the possiblities and the technology to make it happen.
Fred
Not a bad book. Interesting plot. Had more than a few twists that I never saw coming and few that I did. Not sure I would have written some of the things in though. I have to say that I'm interested in reading the sequel just to see what happens to the "former" United States of America!
Amanda
This book was very very slow. But once I finished it, I gladly reached for book 2. The concept of the story - cloning Jesus Christ - is captivating. I suggest this read to people that will not be offended by some pokes at the Christian faith.
Bernadette Bradford
I really enjoyed reading this book so much couldn't put it down, read it all in one day. Am really interested in discovering who brother Micheal really is. something tell me his father isn't who we think he is.
Amy Duckworth
If you love a good supernatural/religious thriller, read this!! Its like watching Armageddon had it been directed by Frank Peretti!! Amazing story telling by C.W. Johnson...can't wait to get books #2 & #3!!!
Mark
In the end, definitely worth persevering, even though the storyline pushed the boundaries of credibility for me personally, it was an entertaining read, and I enjoyed it.
Doug
I got 16% into the book and it seems to be combining Jesus and zombies (at least I think it is), not my taste in books at all. Didn't bother to read further.
Suzanne Fisher
I gave this 3 stars because I found it to be an original idea, I didn't care for the main character so I couldn't justify a higher rating.
Megan
It was okay. I will probably read the rest of the series just to get the whole story because once I get into something I have to finish it.
Tia
A surprisingly good, well-written book. The story is compelling and I read it from front to back without putting it down. Recommend.
Books 2 Read: CW Johnson 6 11 Feb 19, 2012 06:48PM
  • From Within
  • Haven (The Fall of Haven #1)
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
  • Republic (America's Future, #1)
  • In the House of Five Dragons
  • Mary Magdalene: A Woman Who Loved ( Trilogy, #1)
  • Devil's Lair
  • Life Blood
  • Embers (The Guild of the Cowry Catchers, #1)
  • Avion (The Crystal Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • The Templar Concordat
  • Smallworld
  • Contact (Halfkinds, #1)
  • Eye of the God
  • Claws
  • The Blue
  • Legends (Legend of the White Dragon, #1)
  • Tanaquill

The Son of Man (3 books)
  • Elders of Zion
  • The Heylik
The Heylik Elders of Zion Create your own Audiobook A Step by Step Guide Basic Psychopathology: A Programmed Text The Other Half Of The Sky