Start by marking “One Piece Vol. 59” as Want to Read:
One Piece Vol. 59

One Piece Vol. 59 (One Piece #59)

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,277 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Saat-saat akhir perang besar yang terjadi di atas panggung markas besar Angkatan Laut semakin mendekat.
Bagaimanakah takdir Luffy, Ace, dan semua orang yang terlibat dalam perang ini!?

Sebuah akhir mengejutkan yang tak terduga telah menunggu mereka!!
Inilah kisah petulangan di lautan, One Piece!!
Published July 2011 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published August 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece Vol. 59, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece Vol. 59

Ace may your soul be eternal, and your brave soul will always be with us

Sedih banget waktu luffy bilang being all alone is much worse than being hurt.

This volume one hell of an eventful volume by far the whole series. It had too much action but they were all really interesting and meaningful. Nothing was unnecessary. And the elements like tragedy, betrayal, loyalty, courage, inhuman treatment, deception, pay back(for better and worse), flashbacks were all perfectly portrayed in this war arc making this volume the best of best. I have lot of feels. One piece finally broke my heart. Congratulations.
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Tom Ewing
The title of the volume (and first chapter) handily gets reviewers out of any spoiler jam: Luffy's six-volume quest to save his brother ends in failure. As does Whitebeard's three-volume war to rescue his crewmate. The consequences for both of them - and the series' status quo - are enormous. The volume leaves full exploration of those for later, though, concentrating on wrapping up the battle before slipping into an elegiac flashback to Luffy and Ace's boyhood.

The end of Ace's story - and the v
Sarah Hayes
Damn. What an utterly heartbreaking monumental volume of One Piece. If the cliffhanger to 58 managed to have you tearing up, then this book will leave you straight up bawling your eyes out. And to think, this series started out as a wacky hijinks series. Whoops! Leave it to Oda to make the adventures of a pirate as emotionally manipulative as a classic shoujo manga. Bravo.

The full review of this book will soon be up over at Nagareboshi Reviews.
Kurami Rocket
This vol was so sad for Luffy. Losing the person he came to love as a brother.. :(

Well, in this vol the war finally ends, with tradgedy and many injured as a result of the war. And I really liked how Coby stood up and yelled for everyone to stop the senseless fighting. The Marines really are no better than pirates. It really isn't all just black and white.

Admist the tragic end, in this vol we also get a look into the history of Luffy and Ace, when they were children and how they 1st met.

Liesolitte ♕
Amy Yeap
*cries like shit* I feel like giving this Marine-ford arc and the brothers arc some thoughts. Beforehand, I wasn't really invested when I first read these few volumes. I liked Ace but I focused more on the strawhat crew rather than everyone else, but after re-reading this, I realized these two arcs mean alot to to the series as a whole, the background of Ace, friendship, the definition of justice, the politics and of course determination. Enemies united and fought together for a same goal and th ...more
Ayra Bianca Magpili
This is, by far, one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever read. My emotions are in turmoil right now. Fuck, fuck, FUCK. I haven't cried this much in a long time and my heart LITERALLY aches. I actually feel PHYSICAL PAIN. Oh, god. Why. :'( This volume is just too much for me to handle. I am grieving. I am feeling Luffy's pain. Oh, god..
BEST. WAR. EVAR. (!!!!!)

The hype!! The hype, I love!! This volume is the very reason why I read! Pulse-racing, heart-pounding, breath-taking, and that feeling when you can't see the pages properly because of the tears blurring your vision. Thank you Oda-sensei for existing! I already knew how fun One Piece is by watching the anime, but this manga just... blows me away. It's perfect! Oda-sensei knows how to make you bawl your eyes out whether it be from laughing OR crying. I am officially in lo
nooooooooooooooooon non non non!!! Ce manga va me rendre dingue! Il brouille les définitions du bien et du suis vraiment confuse; et j'aime ça! J'aime ce chaos, ce brouillard dans ma tête et cette crispation dans mes intestins!
One piece, what have you done to me
Ace, why ?
After all the crap Luffy went through, Ace still had to die. why why WHY
And when Ace said "Thank you all for loving me even though I have the blood of a demon!" I LOST IT
My emotions, and the tears omg. I reread this scene, re-watched and I'm still hysterical
One Piece how can you be so amazingly heartbreaking?
Whitebeard had to die too ? I have to admit, his death was as epic as epic can be though, but still why did he also have to die ?
All my complaints about the last two books were answered here, and well. A lot of the extra characters took backseats or disappeared entirely, leaving us with a much more clearly delineated cast of characters just as things reach a fever pitch. As fight turns to flight, the story shifts from showing us the character of pirates so much and gives us a clear glimpse into the heart of the character of the Marines. I found what we saw there to be one of the most chilling moments in this series so far ...more
The war has stopped.
Ace died.
Well, the volume's title already gives away the biggest spoiler. So thats out of the way!

This volume must be read slowly. As slow as you can. Each page is crammed with so much action of the Marineford battle, that it really deserves taking the extra time to be looked at closely

PS: I'm sorry Ace, you're my fav chara and all.. but that last bit was just dumb! There, I said it. If your stupid pride didn't get in the way, you could have made it to a few more chapters.
Whitebeard however, THAT was mag
Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats)
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
Volume starts at Chapter 576: "Great Pirate Edward Newgate"
Oh yes, all of the big baddies have escaped from Level 6 of Empel Down, and joined Blackbeard's crew.
With Whitebeard's last words he hints at there being a meaning to the "D" in Luffy's and Ace's names. Then he screams that ONE PIECE IS OUT THERE!
Also there is more conspiracy uncovered during much of this volume. You'll just have to read to find out.
I still think One Piece is the best superhero comic being made right now. This volume concludes the end of the Paramount War story as Luffy tries to escape the Navy, Blackbeard returns and the last stand of Whitebeard. It also begins the story arc of Luffy's childhood with Ace and Sabo. Also, (SPOILERS) Shanks and Ben Beckman return!
Karma Akabane
I hate it and I love it. Ace dies, okay?! I can't live with it! I keep crying nowadays whenever I think about his death!!! He was the best character and now he's gone! Oh, and Whitebeard died too I guess. Shanks stopped the war! And Coby stood up to an Admiral! How cool is that?!
With Ace mortally wounded, Luffy falls into despair, and it is up to friends old and new to rescue him from Marine Island. The returns are perfect and the story is well told. After Paramount War concludes, we begin a flashback arc about Ace & Luffy's childhood.
S. J.
Aug 02, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Anime
Lilik Wijayati
mungkin ini adalah salah satu volume komik yang paling bisa menyentuh hatiku ketika membacanya. tentang memaknai cinta dan tujuan sebuah pencarian. gak tahu, baca hal pertama langsung nangis, jadi aneh sendiri, jalan di jalan raya nangis sendiri sambil bawa one piece.
Sarah Lu
The war continues and comes to its conclusion in this volume. One of the best volumes.
Milo L.
Epic conclusion to the war

Enter blackbeard and Redhair and LAW

RIP Whitebeard
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 28 Juli 2011.

Public library copy.
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 53 巻ノ五十三
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 55 巻ノ五十五
  • フェアリーテイル [Fearī Teiru] 19 (Fairy Tail, #19)
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 42 (Bleach, #42)
  • フェアリーテイル [Fearī Teiru] 15 (Fairy Tail, #15)
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 45 (Bleach, #45)
  • Bakuman, Volume 7: Gag and Serious