Start by marking “One Piece Vol. 59” as Want to Read:
One Piece Vol. 59

One Piece Vol. 59 (One Piece #59)

4.6  ·  Rating Details ·  1,504 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Saat-saat akhir perang besar yang terjadi di atas panggung markas besar Angkatan Laut semakin mendekat.
Bagaimanakah takdir Luffy, Ace, dan semua orang yang terlibat dalam perang ini!?

Sebuah akhir mengejutkan yang tak terduga telah menunggu mereka!!
Inilah kisah petulangan di lautan, One Piece!!
Published July 2011 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published August 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece Vol. 59, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece Vol. 59

Elle
Apr 23, 2016 Elle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-japan
5 TURNING POINT STARS!

The first REAL death that really knocked me off. I'm wailing like a baby!!! What a feeling. This two great man death will bring another movement in the pirates' world. Damn Ace always be my fave and the most handsome/normal character ever :D
Nura
Aug 04, 2011 Nura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic

Ace may your soul be eternal, and your brave soul will always be with us

Sedih banget waktu luffy bilang being all alone is much worse than being hurt.
Amanda
Mar 02, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The epic finale of the Marineford battle has come at last. With everyone up against the wall after Luffy looses the one person he cared about the most and his allies having to find a way to get Luffy to safety. It's not long until it's a free for all as Whitebeard is taken down and Blackbeard and his crew steal the one thing that was impossible before. But Shanks shows up in time to bring the end of the war and to get the rest of the Whitebeard pirates to safety along with getting the bodies.

I
Keerthana
Nov 20, 2015 Keerthana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This volume one hell of an eventful volume by far the whole series. It had too much action but they were all really interesting and meaningful. Nothing was unnecessary. And the elements like tragedy, betrayal, loyalty, courage, inhuman treatment, deception, pay back(for better and worse), flashbacks were all perfectly portrayed in this war arc making this volume the best of best. I have lot of feels. One piece finally broke my heart. Congratulations.
liesolitte
Sep 11, 2014 liesolitte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Novia
Aug 15, 2012 Novia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Frahorus
Jul 30, 2016 Frahorus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Dopo una lunga battaglia, termina la Guerra di Marine Ford. Purtroppo muoiono sia Barbabianca che il fratello di Rufy, Ace. Rufy sviene dal forte trauma e viene salvato e curato dal pirata Law, che lo porta nell'isola delle Amazzoni. E Barbanera è diventato davvero invincibile e il nemico numero uno.
Sarah Hayes
Jan 21, 2012 Sarah Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Damn. What an utterly heartbreaking monumental volume of One Piece. If the cliffhanger to 58 managed to have you tearing up, then this book will leave you straight up bawling your eyes out. And to think, this series started out as a wacky hijinks series. Whoops! Leave it to Oda to make the adventures of a pirate as emotionally manipulative as a classic shoujo manga. Bravo.

The full review of this book will soon be up over at Nagareboshi Reviews.
Kurami Rocket
Sep 15, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This vol was so sad for Luffy. Losing the person he came to love as a brother.. :(

Well, in this vol the war finally ends, with tradgedy and many injured as a result of the war. And I really liked how Coby stood up and yelled for everyone to stop the senseless fighting. The Marines really are no better than pirates. It really isn't all just black and white.

Admist the tragic end, in this vol we also get a look into the history of Luffy and Ace, when they were children and how they 1st met.

Luffy''s
Marilag
Rumpelstiltskin
Mar 09, 2016 Rumpelstiltskin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tom Ewing
Sep 19, 2016 Tom Ewing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The title of the volume (and first chapter) handily gets reviewers out of any spoiler jam: Luffy's six-volume quest to save his brother ends in failure. As does Whitebeard's three-volume war to rescue his crewmate. The consequences for both of them - and the series' status quo - are enormous. The volume leaves full exploration of those for later, though, concentrating on wrapping up the battle before slipping into an elegiac flashback to Luffy and Ace's boyhood.

The end of Ace's story - and the v
Ashley
Mar 27, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ayra Bianca Magpili
This is, by far, one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever read. My emotions are in turmoil right now. Fuck, fuck, FUCK. I haven't cried this much in a long time and my heart LITERALLY aches. I actually feel PHYSICAL PAIN. Oh, god. Why. :'( This volume is just too much for me to handle. I am grieving. I am feeling Luffy's pain. Oh, god..
anne
BEST. WAR. EVAR. (!!!!!)

The hype!! The hype, I love!! This volume is the very reason why I read! Pulse-racing, heart-pounding, breath-taking, and that feeling when you can't see the pages properly because of the tears blurring your vision. Thank you Oda-sensei for existing! I already knew how fun One Piece is by watching the anime, but this manga just... blows me away. It's perfect! Oda-sensei knows how to make you bawl your eyes out whether it be from laughing OR crying. I am officially in lo
Zei
Aug 30, 2015 Zei rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
nooooooooooooooooon non non non!!! Ce manga va me rendre dingue! Il brouille les définitions du bien et du mal...je suis vraiment confuse; et j'aime ça! J'aime ce chaos, ce brouillard dans ma tête et cette crispation dans mes intestins!
Debbie
Dec 08, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AAAAHH.
One piece, what have you done to me
Ace, why ?
After all the crap Luffy went through, Ace still had to die. why why WHY
And when Ace said "Thank you all for loving me even though I have the blood of a demon!" I LOST IT
My emotions, and the tears omg. I reread this scene, re-watched and I'm still hysterical
One Piece how can you be so amazingly heartbreaking?
Whitebeard had to die too ? I have to admit, his death was as epic as epic can be though, but still why did he also have to die ?
Lu
Amy
*cries like shit* I feel like giving this Marine-ford arc and the brothers arc some thoughts. Beforehand, I wasn't really invested when I first read these few volumes. I liked Ace but I focused more on the strawhat crew rather than everyone else, but after re-reading this, I realized these two arcs mean alot to to the series as a whole, the background of Ace, friendship, the definition of justice, the politics and of course determination. Enemies united and fought together for a same goal and th ...more
StevenG
did the title really have to spoil the death? people who haven't read all that far could read the title somewhere..
Lissibith
Aug 02, 2012 Lissibith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, manga, favorites
All my complaints about the last two books were answered here, and well. A lot of the extra characters took backseats or disappeared entirely, leaving us with a much more clearly delineated cast of characters just as things reach a fever pitch. As fight turns to flight, the story shifts from showing us the character of pirates so much and gives us a clear glimpse into the heart of the character of the Marines. I found what we saw there to be one of the most chilling moments in this series so far ...more
Eden Grey
Jun 20, 2016 Eden Grey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
soooooo much happeeeennneedd!!!!! ahhhhhhh!!!!!
Tsering
Oct 13, 2014 Tsering rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The war has stopped.
Ace died.
Pato Myers
Feb 17, 2016 Pato Myers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good time for flash backs.
Georgina Dummett
Jun 18, 2015 Georgina Dummett rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-;
Anna
Jun 08, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Well, the volume's title already gives away the biggest spoiler. So thats out of the way!

This volume must be read slowly. As slow as you can. Each page is crammed with so much action of the Marineford battle, that it really deserves taking the extra time to be looked at closely

PS: I'm sorry Ace, you're my fav chara and all.. but that last bit was just dumb! There, I said it. If your stupid pride didn't get in the way, you could have made it to a few more chapters.
Whitebeard however, THAT was mag
Wickedshizuku
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
Volume starts at Chapter 576: "Great Pirate Edward Newgate"
Oh yes, all of the big baddies have escaped from Level 6 of Empel Down, and joined Blackbeard's crew.
With Whitebeard's last words he hints at there being a meaning to the "D" in Luffy's and Ace's names. Then he screams that ONE PIECE IS OUT THERE!
Also there is more conspiracy uncovered during much of this volume. You'll just have to read to find out.
Joy
Feb 25, 2012 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dru
Jan 24, 2012 Dru rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still think One Piece is the best superhero comic being made right now. This volume concludes the end of the Paramount War story as Luffy tries to escape the Navy, Blackbeard returns and the last stand of Whitebeard. It also begins the story arc of Luffy's childhood with Ace and Sabo. Also, (SPOILERS) Shanks and Ben Beckman return!
Krul Tepes
Nov 13, 2013 Krul Tepes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: one-piece
I hate it and I love it. Ace dies, okay?! I can't live with it! I keep crying nowadays whenever I think about his death!!! He was the best character and now he's gone! Oh, and Whitebeard died too I guess. Shanks stopped the war! And Coby stood up to an Admiral! How cool is that?!
Jeffrey
With Ace mortally wounded, Luffy falls into despair, and it is up to friends old and new to rescue him from Marine Island. The returns are perfect and the story is well told. After Paramount War concludes, we begin a flashback arc about Ace & Luffy's childhood.
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 53 巻ノ五十三
  • フェアリーテイル 29 [Fearī Teiru 29] (Fairy Tail, #29)
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― 40 [Burīchi 40] (Bleach, #40)
208650