Start by marking “Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom, #2)

Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom #2)

4.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  256 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Twelve incidents in the Resistance against the Enchanter, in which residents of the Enchanted City are rescued by the King or his followers as they strive for the Restoration of the Kingdom.

Hero’s participation in the underground taxi resistance against the evil Enchanter, leads to high drama, as everywhere he turns there are suffering people in need of his help! Feel the
Published May 1st 2000 by Chariot Victor Publishing (first published June 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Tales of the Resistance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of the Resistance

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
431st out of 1,791 books — 2,191 voters
The Giver by Lois LowryElla Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineThe Price of Creation by Lance ConradHoles by Louis SacharWhere the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
Young Adult Books That Kids With Values Can Read
81st out of 308 books — 218 voters

More lists with this book...

Allen Hamlin Jr.
Perhaps not quite as good as the first book in the series (Tales of the Kingdom), but a well-executed allegory of biblical and spiritual truths which should appeal to children and adults alike. My wife and I enjoyed reading it aloud to one another (even though we don't have kids). We're very much looking forward to getting the third book, Tales of the Restoration.
Missie Kay The Book Fix
Jul 20, 2011 Missie Kay The Book Fix rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
This is definitely my favorite of the trilogy. The illustrations (my edition's are by Jack Stockman, not those pictured here) are gorgeous. The danger and intrigue of the tales are masterful.
Julianna Royer
Aug 03, 2011 Julianna Royer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The Forbidden Princess" brings to tears to my eyes. I love the beautiful illustrations.

Ruth
one of my absolute favorite storybooks when I was a kid. Gorgeous illustrations and beautiful allegory.
Nicholeen
Great book in a set of three about being warriors for Christ.
Esther
Dec 04, 2007 Esther rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love it, must read it to your kids over and over.
Lara Lleverino
Jul 16, 2008 Lara Lleverino rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth
Second in the series. Very good
Erin
Mar 30, 2013 Erin rated it it was amazing
In this sequel to the beloved allegory "Tales of the Kingdom," our main character, Hero, is leaving the safety of Great Park to follow the King to the dark world of Enchanted City. It is almost time for the restoration of the kingdom, and there is work to do preparing the hearts of those still enslaved to the Enchanter. Hero has grown since he was a scared boy fleeing for his freedom, but he will be challenged again in being missionary in the world that left once him scarred and lonely.

There are
Elaine
Feb 06, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Great sequel. More action and suspense in this one as Hero and his fellow Resistance workers infiltrate the evil enchanted city and help bring people to the true King. Lots of good discussion with the kids too, about the underlying parallel to Christ's kingdom.
Bethany Joy
First of all, get this old edition with the beautiful pictures by Jack Stockton if you can possibly find it.

Secondly, see my review on Tales of the Kingdom for my thoughts on the audiobooks.

Thirdly, I love this book. I love "The Orphan Exodus" and "Sewer Rat and Boiler Brat". I love "The Most Beautiful Player of All", and Hero and Amanda's quiet romance. Mostly I love the King!

A final note, I DO NOT love the Tales of the Restoration, mostly because I had dreamed of that book for many years befor
Clara
Feb 07, 2015 Clara rated it really liked it
I like this, but not nearly as much as Tales of the Kingdom. It is still a very good book, and a good read-aloud, like all the books in this series are.
Mike Troxell
Mar 18, 2014 Mike Troxell rated it really liked it
It is a series written for children, but tells adults a Gospel story we need to hear again and again!
Lauren
Aug 16, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well done.
Hannah
Wow, again. Like the latter half of the previous book, the messages in this book (how the stories apply in real life) take a little more searching to find, but are there in sweet richness all the same. My brother and I greatly enjoyed reading this together, and I look forward to going through it again with each of my younger siblings as they get old enough.
Stephanie
Feb 03, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who've read the first book, of course. Get yours ducks in a row already!
I have no recollection if it's better or worse than Tales Of The Kingdom the first book, but this series and its illustrations really stir something in me.
Kathryn Knight Harper
Aug 05, 2010 Kathryn Knight Harper rated it it was ok
I appreciate the allegory, but I don't like how it was portrayed. It was a little uninteresting and sometimes disorganized.
Kevin
Sep 21, 2007 Kevin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was nice to see an end to this series, but this one was clearly not as good as the previous two.
Donita Rensberger
Jan 12, 2013 Donita Rensberger rated it it was amazing
Read my review of Tales of the Kindom. This is the 2nd in a trilogy.
Amy
Mar 06, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
powerful, allegorical to Christ's work for us on the cross!
Elsa
Nov 13, 2013 Elsa rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure, fantasies
Not as good as the first but very good.
Lindsi
Lindsi marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Melody Owens
Melody Owens rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Corrie Luebke
Corrie Luebke rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Sara Kreps
Sara Kreps rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Cynthia Quintanilla
Cynthia Quintanilla marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Allison Kelly
Allison Kelly rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Acceptable Source Question for Cover Request 3 162 Dec 14, 2012 03:34PM
  • The Two Collars (Bracken Trilogy, #3)
  • Tell Me the Secrets: Treasures for Eternity
  • Rainbow Garden
  • Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim's Progress
  • The Tower of Geburah (Archives of Anthropos, #3)
  • The Monster in the Hollows (The Wingfeather Saga, #3)
  • Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie (On My Own History)
  • Catholic, Reluctantly: John Paul 2 High School - Book 1
  • Looking for the King (Inklings, #1)
  • Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God: Old Testament
  • The Princess and the Goblin / Princess and Curdie
  • Stories of the Pilgrims
  • The Priest with Dirty Clothes: A Timeless Story of God's Love and Forgiveness
  • The Great Omission: Fulfilling Christ's Commission Completely
  • Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)
  • Lost Women of the Bible: Finding Strength & Significance through Their Stories
  • Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4)
David R. Mains has been dedicating himself for spiritual growth development programs that disturb ordinary presumptions. During the year 1967 he built an experimental church in a Teamster’s Union Hall in West Chicago. Some church-planting specialists proclaimed that it can't be done but then with a few supporters, the church has grown from only 27 until 500 for ten years.

Mains' system is advanced
More about David R. Mains...

Tales of the Kingdom (3 books)
  • Tales of the Kingdom (Tales of the Kingdom, #1)
  • Tales of the Restoration (Tales of the Kingdom, #3)

“If there’s no such thing as a king, why such a fuss?... Silence would have helped her to forget, but each protest made her wish all the more: If only there really were a king!” 3 likes