Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom, #2)

Tales of the Resistance (Tales of the Kingdom #2)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Twelve incidents in the Resistance against the Enchanter, in which residents of the Enchanted City are rescued by the King or his followers as they strive for the Restoration of the Kingdom.

Hero’s participation in the underground taxi resistance against the evil Enchanter, leads to high drama, as everywhere he turns there are suffering people in need of his help! Feel the...more
Published May 1st 2000 by Chariot Victor Publishing (first published June 1st 1986)

Allen Hamlin
Perhaps not quite as good as the first book in the series (Tales of the Kingdom), but a well-executed allegory of biblical and spiritual truths which should appeal to children and adults alike. My wife and I enjoyed reading it aloud to one another (even though we don't have kids). We're very much looking forward to getting the third book, Tales of the Restoration.
Missie Kay The Book Fix
This is definitely my favorite of the trilogy. The illustrations (my edition's are by Jack Stockman, not those pictured here) are gorgeous. The danger and intrigue of the tales are masterful.
Julianna Royer
"The Forbidden Princess" brings to tears to my eyes. I love the beautiful illustrations.

Ruth
one of my absolute favorite storybooks when I was a kid. Gorgeous illustrations and beautiful allegory.
Christina
May 03, 2011 Christina marked it as to-read
Shelves: older-kids
Zach read Tales of the Kingdom in his kindergarten class with Mrs. Brady 2010-11
Nicholeen
Great book in a set of three about being warriors for Christ.
Esther
Love love love it, must read it to your kids over and over.
Lara Lleverino
Second in the series. Very good
Erin
In this sequel to the beloved allegory "Tales of the Kingdom," our main character, Hero, is leaving the safety of Great Park to follow the King to the dark world of Enchanted City. It is almost time for the restoration of the kingdom, and there is work to do preparing the hearts of those still enslaved to the Enchanter. Hero has grown since he was a scared boy fleeing for his freedom, but he will be challenged again in being missionary in the world that left once him scarred and lonely.

There are...more
Elaine
Great sequel. More action and suspense in this one as Hero and his fellow Resistance workers infiltrate the evil enchanted city and help bring people to the true King. Lots of good discussion with the kids too, about the underlying parallel to Christ's kingdom.
Bethany Joy
First of all, get this old edition with the beautiful pictures by Jack Stockton if you can possibly find it.

Secondly, see my review on Tales of the Kingdom for my thoughts on the audiobooks.

Thirdly, I love this book. I love "The Orphan Exodus" and "Sewer Rat and Boiler Brat". I love "The Most Beautiful Player of All", and Hero and Amanda's quiet romance. Mostly I love the King!

A final note, I DO NOT love the Tales of the Restoration, mostly because I had dreamed of that book for many years befor...more
Mike Troxell
It is a series written for children, but tells adults a Gospel story we need to hear again and again!
Hannah
Wow, again. Like the latter half of the previous book, the messages in this book (how the stories apply in real life) take a little more searching to find, but are there in sweet richness all the same. My brother and I greatly enjoyed reading this together, and I look forward to going through it again with each of my younger siblings as they get old enough.
Stephanie
Feb 03, 2013 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who've read the first book, of course. Get yours ducks in a row already!
I have no recollection if it's better or worse than Tales Of The Kingdom the first book, but this series and its illustrations really stir something in me.
Kathryn Knight
I appreciate the allegory, but I don't like how it was portrayed. It was a little uninteresting and sometimes disorganized.
Kevin
It was nice to see an end to this series, but this one was clearly not as good as the previous two.
Donita Rensberger
Read my review of Tales of the Kindom. This is the 2nd in a trilogy.
Elsa
Not as good as the first but very good.
Eddnkj
Eddnkj marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Acceptable Source Question for Cover Request 3 162 Dec 14, 2012 03:34PM
David R. Mains has been dedicating himself for spiritual growth development programs that disturb ordinary presumptions. During the year 1967 he built an experimental church in a Teamster’s Union Hall in West Chicago. Some church-planting specialists proclaimed that it can't be done but then with a few supporters, the church has grown from only 27 until 500 for ten years.

Mains' system is advanced...more
More about David R. Mains...
Tales of the Kingdom (Tales of the Kingdom, #1) Tales of the Restoration (Tales of the Kingdom, #3) Never Too Late to Dream Healing the Dysfunctional Church Family Getting Beyond "How Are You?"

“If there’s no such thing as a king, why such a fuss?... Silence would have helped her to forget, but each protest made her wish all the more: If only there really were a king!” 1 likes