Start by marking “Four Hundred Days (Lor Mandela, #2)” as Want to Read:
Four Hundred Days (Lor Mandela, #2)

Four Hundred Days (Lor Mandela #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Book #2 in the Lor Mandela Series.

When Audril, the heiress to the Lor Mandelan throne, sneaks away to Earth to save one of her dearest friends, she finds that a power hungry tyrant from her own world has begun systematically obliterating towns and cities to get her to turn herself over to him.

On Earth, she meets a wildly eccentric old lady named Teedee Venilworth whose im
Published July 15th 2011 by self published - Smashwords (first published July 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Four Hundred Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Hundred Days

L Carroll has once again excelled with the storyline in the Lor Mandela sequel. I started reading this book with high expectation, and I was definitely taken by surprise multiple times.

We finish “Destruction From Twins” (book 1 in the Lor Mandela Series) thinking the Riddle of Lor Mandela’s survival has been solved, but we were left hanging when Ryanonne escapes and part of “Earth” is destroyed. Well, we were so wrong. Only more questions developed than answers. (brilliant)

L Carroll’s taken her
Four Hundred Days is action packed, entertaining and so much fun to read!

The story picks up soon after Lor Mandela: Destruction From Twins left off. Audril continues to get into trouble and not listen to her dad. When she receives another riddle she does a crazy thing with her powers and goes back to Drolana (earth) to help save her world. If that isn't enough, she has a love interest with Dallin and an enemy Ryannon who claims to love her.

I enjoy Audril's take charge attitude. Her interaction
Jul 09, 2011 Natalie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Natalie by: Hiba Abdelqater
Shelves: favorites, own
This book is so much fun! The mixture of contemporary and fantasy with a dash of sci-fi thrown in is completely original and entertaining. The characters are complicated and interesting and the world is fascinating.

Audril is a very likable heroine. Raised on Drolana (aka, Earth) she has attitude and a bit of a wild side (which worries her father to no end). She does what she believes to be right or necessary, even when it gets her into trouble. She makes mistakes and is occasionally a little too
I had the same problems with this second book as with the first book. The characters didn’t develop any further with the series as I had hoped they would. In fact, there didn’t seem to be any time devoted to character development whatsoever.

I had even more problems with the plot this time around though. The villain’s actions seemed even more implausible then possible. It was frustrating to say the least and I was forced to put down the book for forced time outs several times.

Still, I read on bec
Tiffany (About to Read)
Four Hundred Days takes place shortly after where Destruction from Twins left off. It is an action-packed adventure with many twists and turns, and overall a very engaging read. L. Carroll further develops the relationships between couples in this book, and I find myself being won over by couples I did not have any strong attachment to in the first book.

Even though Four Hundred Days was full of suspense, I wish we could have seen more of Jonathon. He is my favorite character because he always ma
I liked the characters. They were funny, they surprized me, and most of all, they were just likeable.

And the bad guys were unlikeable, and I really wanted them to go cower in a dark pit and die, they just were evil!!! I really disliked them! Grrr...

I loved the plot, and how somethings things didn't go exactly the way that they planned it, things mostly ended up the way that they wanted them to.

I loved how the world was believeable, and able to be picked up having not read the first book thought
Jodee Clark
Loved it. total cliffhanger....
Alba  BookPics
planning on re-reading this..
Alicejade Rochford
Alicejade Rochford marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Liarx46 marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Lineah marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Cait marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Liz marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Jane Wang
Jane Wang marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Maggie marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Ricci marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Lissa marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Julie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Natascha Hakkert
Natascha Hakkert marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Lovely Primrose
Lovely Primrose marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Johanna marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
ben marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Haley added it
Jul 06, 2015
Agatha Ding
Agatha Ding marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Part I (Destruction From Twins): When a selfish enchantress seeks to steal mystical powers from her twin sister, she sentences the world of Lor Mandela and its inhabitants to death. In an effort to preserve itself, the soul of the planet appoints a Child of Balance named Audril Borloc who must solve a prophetic riddle known as the Advantiere. All hope seems lost, however, when shortly after her fo ...more
More about L. Carroll...

Lor Mandela (2 books)
  • Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)