Start by marking “Ted Saves the World: A Novella” as Want to Read:
Ted Saves the World: A Novella

Ted Saves the World: A Novella (Ted Saves the World)

A possessed cheerleader.
A cursed gang of criminals.
Mysterious telekinetic powers.
An angry ex-girlfriend in gym class?

One second, sophomore in high school Ted endures his first breakup in his favorite place in town. The next, a mysterious blue light turns him into a worldwide superhero sensation for taking down a posse of grisly murderers. As his views on YouTube increase a
Published (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ted Saves the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ted Saves the World

Scot
Jul 17, 2012 Scot rated it really liked it
I'm not usually a fan of YA fiction, but this one worked for me. This is going to be a great series. With characters both believable and lovable, this reader couldn't wait to see what would happen next. I have to say the undead cheerleader is a nice touch.
After reading the interview after the conclusion of our "pilot" episode, I think Bryan hit a homerun and did exactly what he set out to do.... enthrall the reader, entice the reader to come back for more (which I personally hope happens quickl
Jessica Bronder
Sep 12, 2011 Jessica Bronder rated it it was amazing
Ted is not the most manliest of men. He is rather shy and doesn’t really like confrontation. The story starts with Ted’s girlfriend breaking up with him because he doesn’t do anything. Then some bikers plan on killing everyone in the diner where Ted just got dumped. Ted is surprised to learn that he just got new super powers. He protects the diners and gets the bikers thrown in jail.

In the mean time Erica, a cheerleader from Ted’s school that disappeared a month prior, is brought back to life by
Kara
Jul 28, 2011 Kara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One minute Ted is sitting in a diner listening to his girlfriend dump him, the next he is hit by a strange blue glow giving him superpowers. The timing is fantastic since the goons entering the diner are set on killing everyone in sight and destroying the world.

Bryan Cohen has written this novella as a pilot episode to a series of books that will read like hour long television shows. Brilliant!

Cohen’s first installment of the Ted series is a fun read with all the elements that made the first sea
Mickey Reed
Jul 10, 2011 Mickey Reed rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Buffy fans, YA fans
Thanks to author Bryan Cohen for a Kindle copy of this novella. Here is my honest review:

I enjoyed this short story! Ted is an insecure, semi-nerdy teenager who suddenly has superpowers while the world seems to be ending around him right after his girlfriend dumps him in his favorite diner. Erica used to be dead, but now she has a visitor in her body who needs to find Ted and help him. This story is fun and fast-paced with a bunch of action.

Each character stands out in his/her own way. The plot
Sally Wolf
Feb 22, 2013 Sally Wolf rated it it was amazing
When a young man is dumped by his girlfriend in his favorite restaurant, he figures that his life is over. But destiny has another plan for him. This is a heartwarming story about a boy who finds the courage to be more than he ever bargained for in order to save the whole world from total destruction by an evil force. I really enjoy this story. The characters are believable and fun. The story is fast paced and keeps you turning pages, though I do feel that it would be better represented as a gra ...more
Kristen Byers
Jul 25, 2011 Kristen Byers rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookrooster
This novella would play out perfectly onscreen. After his first girlfriend breaks up with him, Ted finds himself in possession of a set of superpowers that he must use to save the whole town twice in two days. It's easy to imagine Ted and his sidekicks as characters in a television series. I would recommend this story if you are looking for a quick, refreshing read.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.
Kristen Byers
Jul 26, 2011 Kristen Byers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.
Mateo
May 26, 2012 Mateo rated it did not like it
I wouldn't really recommend this. I respect the author's homage of sorts to Joss Whedon but it just seemed like it borrowed too heavily from the whedonverse and not necessarily in a way that I could appreciate.
That said, I guess its supposed to be "dumbed down" since the gimmick here is that you are "reading a TV show" - but I'd have preferred more dialogue, more action and more likeable characters.

Emily (Book Jems)
Emily (Book Jems) rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2011
Laura rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2013
Dennis Adkins
Dennis Adkins rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Carol-Ann
Carol-Ann rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Barbara Duckett
Barbara Duckett rated it liked it
May 24, 2012
Lana Hudson
Lana Hudson rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2013
Laura rated it liked it
May 03, 2012
Gary
Gary rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2016
Tony Parsons
Tony Parsons rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Mark_h
Mark_h rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Chad
Chad rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2012
K.C. Sprayberry
K.C. Sprayberry rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Marvin
Marvin rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2012
Bryan Cohen
Jul 07, 2011 Bryan Cohen added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Adva
Adva added it
Aug 05, 2011
Christy LoveOfBooks
Christy LoveOfBooks marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2011
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2011
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
B K
B K marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
David O'brien
David O'brien marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2012
Matt
Matt added it
Oct 09, 2012
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2012
Brenda Seaberg
Brenda Seaberg marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Stace
Stace marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
John Klasen
John Klasen marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Lindsey Pogue
Lindsey Pogue marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Mariah Thompson
Mariah Thompson marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Liliana
Liliana marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
B.  Barron
B. Barron marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Jjcannone
Jjcannone marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Greg
Greg added it
Jun 03, 2015
Simran
Simran marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Bryan Cohen writes about writing, comedy and embarrassing anecdotes from his life. He is also an actor, director and producer who enjoys dabbling in both theatre and film in Chicago, Illinois. Bryan graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2005 with degrees in English and Dramatic Art with a minor in Creative Writing. He has written or co-written the plays Chekhov Kegstand ...more
More about Bryan Cohen...

Ted Saves the World (4 books)
  • Ted Saves the World (Ted Saves the World #1)
  • Mind Over Easy (Ted Saves The World Book 2)
  • Portal Combat (Ted Saves The World Book 3)
  • The Light, the Dark and the Ugly (A YA Sci-Fi Fantasy Series of Superhero Novels Book 4)