Start by marking “Four Hundred Days (Lor Mandela, #2)” as Want to Read:
Four Hundred Days (Lor Mandela, #2)

Four Hundred Days (Lor Mandela #2)

Part Two in the Lor Mandela Series. When Audril, the heiress to the Lor Mandelan throne, sneaks away to Earth to save one of her dearest friends, she finds that a power hungry tyrant from her own world has begun systematically obliterating towns and cities to get her to turn herself over to him. On Earth, she meets a wildly eccentric old lady named Teedee Venilworth whose ...more
Published July 15th 2011 by House on the Horizon Books (first published July 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Four Hundred Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Hundred Days

Natalie
Jul 09, 2011 Natalie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Natalie by: Hiba Abdelqater
Shelves: favorites, own
This book is so much fun! The mixture of contemporary and fantasy with a dash of sci-fi thrown in is completely original and entertaining. The characters are complicated and interesting and the world is fascinating.

Audril is a very likable heroine. Raised on Drolana (aka, Earth) she has attitude and a bit of a wild side (which worries her father to no end). She does what she believes to be right or necessary, even when it gets her into trouble. She makes mistakes and is occasionally a little too
Jamie
Four Hundred Days is action packed, entertaining and so much fun to read!

The story picks up soon after Lor Mandela: Destruction From Twins left off. Audril continues to get into trouble and not listen to her dad. When she receives another riddle she does a crazy thing with her powers and goes back to Drolana (earth) to help save her world. If that isn't enough, she has a love interest with Dallin and an enemy Ryannon who claims to love her.

I enjoy Audril's take charge attitude. Her interaction
Opal
Jan 31, 2012 Opal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
I had the same problems with this second book as with the first book. The characters didn’t develop any further with the series as I had hoped they would. In fact, there didn’t seem to be any time devoted to character development whatsoever.

I had even more problems with the plot this time around though. The villain’s actions seemed even more implausible then possible. It was frustrating to say the least and I was forced to put down the book for forced time outs several times.

Still, I read on bec
HebaH
Jul 15, 2011 HebaH rated it really liked it
L Carroll has once again excelled with the storyline in the Lor Mandela sequel. I started reading this book with high expectation, and I was definitely taken by surprise multiple times.

We finish “Destruction From Twins” (book 1 in the Lor Mandela Series) thinking the Riddle of Lor Mandela’s survival has been solved, but we were left hanging when Ryanonne escapes and part of “Earth” is destroyed. Well, we were so wrong. Only more questions developed than answers. (brilliant)

L Carroll’s taken her
Tiffany (About to Read)
Jul 17, 2011 Tiffany (About to Read) rated it really liked it
Four Hundred Days takes place shortly after where Destruction from Twins left off. It is an action-packed adventure with many twists and turns, and overall a very engaging read. L. Carroll further develops the relationships between couples in this book, and I find myself being won over by couples I did not have any strong attachment to in the first book.

Even though Four Hundred Days was full of suspense, I wish we could have seen more of Jonathon. He is my favorite character because he always ma
Louisa
Jul 08, 2011 Louisa rated it it was amazing
I liked the characters. They were funny, they surprized me, and most of all, they were just likeable.

And the bad guys were unlikeable, and I really wanted them to go cower in a dark pit and die, they just were evil!!! I really disliked them! Grrr...

I loved the plot, and how somethings things didn't go exactly the way that they planned it, things mostly ended up the way that they wanted them to.

I loved how the world was believeable, and able to be picked up having not read the first book thought
Amber Craig
Amber Craig rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2011
Alba  BookPics
Jul 07, 2011 Alba BookPics rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
planning on re-reading this..
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Jodee Clark
Jun 30, 2012 Jodee Clark rated it really liked it
Loved it. total cliffhanger....
Valerie
Jul 09, 2011 Valerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
Review coming
L. Carroll
L. Carroll rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2011
sandy
sandy rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Amalia Fajri
Amalia Fajri rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Tracey Lee Campbell
Tracey Lee Campbell marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2011
Morgan Wylie
Morgan Wylie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2011
Jamie Manning
Jamie Manning marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2011
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2011
Tia Vaughn
Tia Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2011
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2011
TayteH
TayteH marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2011
Mattius White
Mattius White marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2011
Reem
Reem marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2011
Francesca River
Francesca River marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2011
Alviroe Spirit
Alviroe Spirit marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2011
Kelly/yllektra
Kelly/yllektra marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2011
Patti Larsen
Patti Larsen marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2011
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2011
Taata
Taata marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2011
Alexia Purdy
Alexia Purdy marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2011
Kaye
Kaye marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2011
alice
alice marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2012
Kurisutaina
Kurisutaina marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2012
Enise
Enise marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2012
Lexie
Lexie marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2012
Khalia Hades
Khalia Hades marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2012
Avital
Avital marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Maryam
Maryam marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2012
Zara
Zara marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2012
Nicol
Nicol marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2012
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
May 22, 2012
Samantha Sithina
Samantha Sithina marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Part I (Destruction From Twins): When a selfish enchantress seeks to steal mystical powers from her twin sister, she sentences the world of Lor Mandela and its inhabitants to death. In an effort to preserve itself, the soul of the planet appoints a Child of Balance named Audril Borloc who must solve a prophetic riddle known as the Advantiere. All hope seems lost, however, when shortly after her fo ...more
More about L. Carroll...

Lor Mandela (2 books)
  • Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)