Baby Food

Baby Food

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Now in board book: Saxton Freymann and Joost Elffers's most accessible picture book yet--a zoo of baby animals carved out of fruits and veggies!

A menagerie of animals spring off the pages of BABY FOOD. Animals ingeniously carved and cut from a cornucopia of fruits and vegetables, that is---what else would you expect from the talented Saxton Freymann and Joost Elffers, who...more
Board Book, 24 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by Arthur A. Levine Books (first published September 1st 2003)

Vicki
This book creates a lot of conversation about what fruit or veggie these "baby" animals are. My one wish would be that the actual food used in each picture was listed with each photo.

There is a listing on the back, but some we weren't clear on.
Kaethe
The cuteness will make you squee, but another part of you will just be staring in open-mouthed wonder, gradually taking in all the details to figure out how he did it.
Stacy
I enjoyed this book, but I'd rather add "Food for Thought" by the same author to my collection.
Geoff Sebesta
In the year of having a kid now, this is the second really good baby book I've found.

Lisa
I liked it but "Food for Thought" is still my favorite.
Dianna
Pictures of baby animals made from fruits and vegetables. While my baby recognized a few of the animals, and it's a very creative idea, I think my baby prefers pictures of real animals.
Dylan & Belle at LearnPlayFun
Rated and reviewed by Dylan, age 7:

They were making baby animals out of food. I think I would like to try to make all of them. This book was easy because there was a little bit of words.
Kelly  Maybedog
VERY cute. Not my favorite of his books but this one was meant for very little kids so it isn't meant to be Shakespeare.
kelly
My Three-year old didn't seem to enjoy this one as much as "Dog Food", but she still liked it.
Very creative work.
Amber
My daughter love this book She love bananna's a so her favorite characters are the dog, giraffe, and octopus!
Kate
Such personalities in all the "animal" babies!
Becky
Of his books, this one is my favorite so far.
Leila T.
This is a seriously cute book. So imaginative.
Lesley
E
E added it
Jul 13, 2014
Gabriel
Gabriel marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014