Start by marking “Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)” as Want to Read:
Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)

Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler #11)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  3,146 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Whispers turn into screaming headlines in Earl Ciel Phantomhive's morning paper as word of the dead being resurrected takes society by storm. But when the unsavoury details of the business reach Ciel's ear, he and his superlative butler, Sebastian, book themselves on a luxury liner to look into these alleged miracles and the "Aurora Society" conducting them. As the waters ...more
Published July 2011 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Black Butler, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Butler, Vol. 11

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoKingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 by Shiro AmanoFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya
List of Awesome Manga/Graphic Novels!
58th out of 344 books — 155 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
126th out of 433 books — 343 voters

More lists with this book...

Talyn
In this volume I'm reminded how much of a dick Ciel and Sebastian are...to anyone in general.

Seriously, I want to slap that boy across the face. With my High-School-Graduation-Ring-hand!

description

And poor Snake. I STILL have not forgotten what Ciel did to Joker and his circus troupe!

NEVER. FORGET!

description

But yay, he's so cute anyway...says Goethe.

I hope he's a permanent new staple in the Phantomhive manor --says Wilde.

Okay I'll stop with the weird referral-to-snakes-as-if-they're-actually-thinking...says Emily.

E
Maria Kaye
House murder case was a bore-fest but I am enjoying the new addition to the Phantomhive Household -- Snake.
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Sebastian certainly is weird and vain! His story about the black cat was so funny! He is so crazy about cats... and that he had to show up in his most humiliating appearance when he was 'dead'! hahaha, and he certainly moved a lot during the case; Ciel makes him work so hard. But that scene of Ciel crying over Sebastian's dead body... arghhhh it was just acting :(

It was a surprise that Arthur C. Doyle was told the truth; but again, it was a nice twist, showing him then in the future, as the grea
Rose
You are getting more and more ridiculous with each volume. Le sigh. Should I just abandon you and find a new manga that will help me boost my Goodreads Reading Challenge or should I stay committed to you? I'll probably keep reading you but it's time to get unfaithful and look for some new and more interesting manga that I can read besides you. Yeah, you heard that right.

You know, sometimes you're pretty fun and entertaining, so please get back to your volume 3-5 roots. Back then I still liked y
Ladiibbug
#11 Black Butler series - Manga

Happily the plot moves along, with the ending of the locked room murder mystery, though not until close to the end of the book.

We see a surprise return by Snake, a colorful character from the circus, who joins the Phantomhive staff as a footman. And he brings his literary-named "friends" ha ha!

Ciel assigns Sebastian to investigate disturbing rumors of a local hospital bringing the dead back to life. At the same time, Ciel's fiancé, the ever exuberant !! Elizabeth !
Angelyn
Arthur C. Doyle, Sebastian's love for cats, Snake, the Phoenix Pose (I fell on the floor laughing) and Zooooooooombies! Oh my God!!! This manga get more and more unexpected!! Can't wait to read the next volume!!!
MissAnnThrope
Despair Speaking
Anna
I am developing serious issues with these characters and the romance and the story itself.

I have tried so hard to like Elizabeth. I really have, but I really really don't. She is annoying, clueless, and always makes the manga installments less enjoyable to me. Also, for those that ship Elizabeth and Ciel... you realize they are cousins, correct? Like I totally get that that was normal over a century ago when this story takes place, but it's 2015.. you don't have a romance with your cousin. Now
Apple12350
It was great! Thought the ending to Mr. Wordsmith was a bit unclear or its just me not reading it properly. It either ended with him writing a lot of stories about that incident and publishing them or burning it before it could be published. I think its the first since the second makes no sense really.

It was surprising for another uninvited guest to appear, Snake. It was sad how all the time, before the circus he was alone but Joker and everyone else invited him into their group and called him '
Chivitouille

Este tomo se concentra más que nada en dar respuestas en cuanto a la resolución del arco de Book of Murder.
Hay bastantes explicaciones interesantes y uno que otro momento divertido que involucra a Sebastian, quien sin duda se la tuvo que ingeniar bastante para cumplir con todas las cuestiones relativas a encontrar al verdadero culpable.

El saber quién realmente estaba detrás de todo solo genera más preguntas, una de ellas es saber el porqué de ese cierto odio que tiene en contra de Ciel, quiero c
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

(Contains some spoilers.)

I took a long break from this series, and I shouldn’t have done that. The last volume ended on a slow note for me, I guess. And then I ended up picking this volume a little while ago, because I had some extra money with me (which almost never happens), and thought why not. And then I read the book and remembered why I love this series so much.

This series is just so exciting. The adventures are so fantastic, and perfectly horrific
Cornerofmadness
Dani
If the ending to the mystery felt a little off to you in the last volume, then feast your eyes on this one! All will become quite clear.

Everything was explained very thoroughly (and satisfyingly, since my guesses were mostly correct). It was entertaining seeing how the night played out from a new perspective, allowing us to see what was really going on, but also very interesting as well. It probably wasn't the most unpredictable of mysteries, but it was quite well woven and I couldn't see any ob
Pia
Jan 08, 2013 Pia rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hardcore kuroshitsuji fans, hardcore black butler fans
I love the Kuroshitsuji anime and the Black Butler manga, I mean truly, I would bend over backwards to think of reasons to give it all five stars if I could. I'm a fan of the artwork, I like Yana Toboso's wry sense of humour and how well that translates both into English and subtitles. I feel like I need to give this preface in order to truly convey how much I was disappointed with this installment in the manga.

Three quarters of read as a 'reveal' of the mystery set up in the 10th manga. It is p
Katie Shepherd
Vanessa
Okay, wow, this review is late. University got in the way, and I also like to remain loyal to my local comic book shop when I'm at home from uni. (Krackers in Taunton: awesome people, you guys.)

Volume XI starts as a recap of the previous Phantomhive Mansion Murder Mystery arc, as Sebastian and Ciel converse with the Professor (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, natch) in an attempt to tie up all of the loose ends. Well, it's better than some other manga recaps I've read, so let's see what questions it coul
Reeva
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had to put that out there.

I can't believe Grey was the killing the whole time. He is so cute and funny, but that would make him the least suspisious. Not for ciel!! He knew everything that was gonna happen and told Sebastian to do all those things!! How crazy, Ciel is very smart for one so young. He tricked everyone even Grey!!! Hahaha, they put the blame on the diamond guy.

The Queen has a weird sense of humor. She wanted to try to pin the murders
Mariah
Sebastian's back! He's being a jerk about his feigned death to the writer. Although I hope to see more of him in the future I don't think I shall. Also, I knew I hated those butlers for the queen. For all their prettiness they are merciless. The new case that Ciel is put on spells a kind of trouble I'm not fond of. Bringing the truly dead back to life is all kinds of wrong.
Llc
Me parto de risa con algunas explicaciones xD. Imaginaba cómo podían haber ocurrido algunas cosas, pero ver las Viñetas ha sido hilarante en algunos casos, como cuando Grey vuelve para comprobar su sospecha xD. ¡A toda prisa! Ha faltado poco xD. Peroooo, me hubiera gustado que cierto personaje hubiera estado más involucrado.
Yvensong
The writer, Arthur (Conan Doyle), returns and learns the truth about all the mysteries that presented themselves in the last couple of volumes. Later, soon after the reappearance of Snake (from Circus) a new story arc is introduced.

There are lots of humorous scenes in this volume, which is a nice interlude for what appears to be coming up.
Tifa
I'm very glad I wasn't able to buy these volumes as they were released, because I would have gone crazy waiting for months, not knowing how things ended! Instead, I got to read Volumes 9 through 11 today, and they were so, so good! This one wrapped up the murder-mystery arc, and it was a brilliant re-telling of the story from Sebastian's POV that cleared up any lingering questions quite nicely. These three volumes are truly some of my favorite manga ever because I love the way the complexity of ...more
Diana Lynn
Wow awesome ending to this arc...I was worried it was getting a bit convoluted, but it ended well and I adore Snake. The new zombie arc seems really interesting and is off to a cool start...
Jen
This wasn't my favourite Black Butler book. I was getting really tired of the Sherlock Holmes-y storyline and I'm glad it was finally put to rest in this book. I'm not sure what my opinion is on the story that began in the second half of this book.

I'm still a fan but this definitely wasn't the best.

I did notice that Sebastian seemed to look different. It wasn't bad just that he looked a bit different and I got to the end where there's an author note saying that the author is continually trying
Rena
So... they just let him... okay? This story is fascinating, but I was a little shocked on how they just let Wordsworth walk.
Holly Letson
I was really out-of-the-loop while reading this one. I was excited, when I saw the library had it, and immediately checked it out, since I had read the first 8 volumes previously. But, I quickly noticed that missing Vols.9 & 10 made this one make next to no sense to me.
---------------
Being thrown into a staged murder that was planned to make someone other than the actual killer be framed as the murderer was not really my idea of real entertainment.
------------------
While this series is on
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Art is of course still good. Some parts was okay to pretty good. Good volume, especially near the end, it got weird.
Fernanda Malvido
i loved this volume as expected. I can't wait to see what kind of creature that girl turned into!
*O*
Luminalsl
Un tome excellent pour une série dont la qualité ne démord pas
Deena
I love snake. At first I was unsure but now I love him. :)
  • Pandora Hearts 10
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 8: Crimson Snow (D.Gray-man, #8)
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 2
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail.
More about Yana Toboso...

Black Butler (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 2 (Black Butler, #2)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 3 (Black Butler, #3)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 4 (Black Butler, #4)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 6 (Black Butler, #6)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 7 (Black Butler, #7)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)
Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1) Black Butler, Vol. 3 (Black Butler, #3) Black Butler, Vol. 2 (Black Butler, #2) Black Butler, Vol. 4 (Black Butler, #4) Black Butler, Vol. 6 (Black Butler, #6)