Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)

Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler #11)

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  1,884 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Whispers turn into screaming headlines in Earl Ciel Phantomhive's morning paper as word of the dead being resurrected takes society by storm. But when the unsavoury details of the business reach Ciel's ear, he and his superlative butler, Sebastian, book themselves on a luxury liner to look into these alleged miracles and the "Aurora Society" conducting them. As the waters...more
Published July 2011 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published 2011)

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoKingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 by Shiro AmanoCardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 by CLAMP
List of Awesome Manga/Graphic Novels!
89th out of 315 books — 130 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
120th out of 427 books — 296 voters

More lists with this book...

Talyn
In this volume I'm reminded how much of a dick Ciel and Sebastian are...to anyone in general.

Seriously, I want to slap that boy across the face. With my High-School-Graduation-Ring-hand!

description

And poor Snake. I STILL have not forgotten what Ciel did to Joker and his circus troupe!

NEVER. FORGET!

description

But yay, he's so cute anyway...says Goethe.

I hope he's a permanent new staple in the Phantomhive manor --says Wilde.

Okay I'll stop with the weird referral-to-snakes-as-if-they're-actually-thinking...says Emily.

E...more
Rose
You are getting more and more ridiculous with each volume. Le sigh. Should I just abandon you and find a new manga that will help me boost my Goodreads Reading Challenge or should I stay committed to you? I'll probably keep reading you but it's time to get unfaithful and look for some new and more interesting manga that I can read besides you. Yeah, you heard that right.

You know, sometimes you're pretty fun and entertaining, so please get back to your volume 3-5 roots. Back then I still liked y...more
MissAnnThrope
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Sebastian certainly is weird and vain! His story about the black cat was so funny! He is so crazy about cats... and that he had to show up in his most humiliating appearance when he was 'dead'! hahaha, and he certainly moved a lot during the case; Ciel makes him work so hard. But that scene of Ciel crying over Sebastian's dead body... arghhhh it was just acting :(

It was a surprise that Arthur C. Doyle was told the truth; but again, it was a nice twist, showing him then in the future, as the grea...more
Despair Speaking
Angelyn
Arthur C. Doyle, Sebastian's love for cats, Snake, the Phoenix Pose (I fell on the floor laughing) and Zooooooooombies! Oh my God!!! This manga get more and more unexpected!! Can't wait to read the next volume!!!
Cornerofmadness
Dani
If the ending to the mystery felt a little off to you in the last volume, then feast your eyes on this one! All will become quite clear.

Everything was explained very thoroughly (and satisfyingly, since my guesses were mostly correct). It was entertaining seeing how the night played out from a new perspective, allowing us to see what was really going on, but also very interesting as well. It probably wasn't the most unpredictable of mysteries, but it was quite well woven and I couldn't see any ob...more
Pia
Jan 08, 2013 Pia rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hardcore kuroshitsuji fans, hardcore black butler fans
I love the Kuroshitsuji anime and the Black Butler manga, I mean truly, I would bend over backwards to think of reasons to give it all five stars if I could. I'm a fan of the artwork, I like Yana Toboso's wry sense of humour and how well that translates both into English and subtitles. I feel like I need to give this preface in order to truly convey how much I was disappointed with this installment in the manga.

Three quarters of read as a 'reveal' of the mystery set up in the 10th manga. It is p...more
Katie Shepherd
Vanessa
Okay, wow, this review is late. University got in the way, and I also like to remain loyal to my local comic book shop when I'm at home from uni. (Krackers in Taunton: awesome people, you guys.)

Volume XI starts as a recap of the previous Phantomhive Mansion Murder Mystery arc, as Sebastian and Ciel converse with the Professor (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, natch) in an attempt to tie up all of the loose ends. Well, it's better than some other manga recaps I've read, so let's see what questions it coul...more
Reeva
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had to put that out there.

I can't believe Grey was the killing the whole time. He is so cute and funny, but that would make him the least suspisious. Not for ciel!! He knew everything that was gonna happen and told Sebastian to do all those things!! How crazy, Ciel is very smart for one so young. He tricked everyone even Grey!!! Hahaha, they put the blame on the diamond guy.

The Queen has a weird sense of humor. She wanted to try to pin the murders...more
Mariah
Sebastian's back! He's being a jerk about his feigned death to the writer. Although I hope to see more of him in the future I don't think I shall. Also, I knew I hated those butlers for the queen. For all their prettiness they are merciless. The new case that Ciel is put on spells a kind of trouble I'm not fond of. Bringing the truly dead back to life is all kinds of wrong.
Llc
Me parto de risa con algunas explicaciones xD. Imaginaba cómo podían haber ocurrido algunas cosas, pero ver las Viñetas ha sido hilarante en algunos casos, como cuando Grey vuelve para comprobar su sospecha xD. ¡A toda prisa! Ha faltado poco xD. Peroooo, me hubiera gustado que cierto personaje hubiera estado más involucrado.
Grace
when Sebastian always says "if I couldn't do this much for my master, then what kind of butler would I be?" he's basically mocking real butlers. they cannot do all of the amazing things Sebastian does, so if I was a butler reading this manga. I would feel offended regardless of this manga series being fictional. But I'm not!
Tifa
I'm very glad I wasn't able to buy these volumes as they were released, because I would have gone crazy waiting for months, not knowing how things ended! Instead, I got to read Volumes 9 through 11 today, and they were so, so good! This one wrapped up the murder-mystery arc, and it was a brilliant re-telling of the story from Sebastian's POV that cleared up any lingering questions quite nicely. These three volumes are truly some of my favorite manga ever because I love the way the complexity of...more
Jen
This wasn't my favourite Black Butler book. I was getting really tired of the Sherlock Holmes-y storyline and I'm glad it was finally put to rest in this book. I'm not sure what my opinion is on the story that began in the second half of this book.

I'm still a fan but this definitely wasn't the best.

I did notice that Sebastian seemed to look different. It wasn't bad just that he looked a bit different and I got to the end where there's an author note saying that the author is continually trying...more
Holly Letson
I was really out-of-the-loop while reading this one. I was excited, when I saw the library had it, and immediately checked it out, since I had read the first 8 volumes previously. But, I quickly noticed that missing Vols.9 & 10 made this one make next to no sense to me.
---------------
Being thrown into a staged murder that was planned to make someone other than the actual killer be framed as the murderer was not really my idea of real entertainment.
------------------
While this series is on...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Art is of course still good. Some parts was okay to pretty good. Good volume, especially near the end, it got weird.
Fernanda Malvido
i loved this volume as expected. I can't wait to see what kind of creature that girl turned into!
*O*
Laura Graves
After the last volume, which may have been coolest one in the entire series, I had to keep going. Luckily, this one keeps the same story going. The Professor returns saying he felt uneasy and trying to figure out what had happened to find Sebastian alive, safe and sound. Sebastian proceeds to explain how he set everything up. It looks like Ciel has an enemy in the queen’s butler. I’m sure that will somehow come into play in later volumes.

Read more at Owl Tell You About It
If volume 10 was the conclusion to the locked murder mystery arc, then volume 11 pulled back the curtain to show how certain people pulled it all off. Toboso does a good job at incorporating flashbacks into the narrative, and she uses an interesting technique to transition between current and past scenes. Also, Sebastian was wickedly hilarious in this volume. His love for stray cats cannot be stopped! The new story arc involving raising the dead should be interesting and very bloody. Anything in...more
Ashley
I like that's its story not shown in the anime
Kaitlin
I KNEW IT!!!

I feel weirdly proud of myself right now.

Moving on...So we get to see Snake again. He wasn't my favourite member of the Circus Troop but I'll take what I can get...'cause you know.... they're all dead. D:

Ciel's being a prick like usual but I'm interested to see what his plans for Snake are.

I'm also hoping to see more of William some time soon. His dynamic with Sebastian always makes me laugh!

Here's to volume 12!
Jacob Jones
Mister Jacob Jones got some new books for Christmas so I'll have a lot of reviews coming up! Yaaaaay! Well here I got the newly translated "Black Butler, Volume XI". And what can I say? I love black butler! More suspense as identities and mysteries are revealed. I was actually quite shocked by the return of an old and favorite character and I'm glad I will see him in future volumes. Come on Japan! translate faster! I must read Volume XII
Rachel Swords
This latest volume of the adventures of Ciel and Sebastian neatly ties up the remnants of the murder mystery from the past story, and leads us straight into another story. The explanation behind what happened in the previous story is a bit far-fetched, but given what we know about Sebastian, it's somewhat easy to swallow.

And, of course, the new story ends on a cliffhanger-and at sea, no less! Good thing I have volume 12!
Roseanne
I'm in love with the manga black butler, it's one of my all time favorites. I understand it's not for everyone, but I enjoy reading it, and re-reading it in some cases, it's a refreshing read and it's always fun. Albeit, sometimes very dark and very creepy, as you get along you get a more indepth feel of the work, but it's a great piece. LOVE black butler!
ArdnAskelA
Tout s'éclaircit avec ce tome. Si vous étiez un peu perdus avant dans le tome précédent avec l’enchaînement de l'histoire, avec ce tome-ci ça devrait ne plus être le cas. ;)
Nous voilà embarqués dans une nouvelle histoire mais cette fois-ci sur un bateau. Y aura-t-il des clins d'oeil au Titanic et à son histoire ?
Kate
Sara
Even more of the previous mystery was revealed and we finally have a conclusion to this arc- bravo Yana Toboso. Beautifully done!

Gosh- can I just say that this new arc is dark and disturbing- already amazing. But, I do love me some zombies! Whoo!
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 12
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 11 (Deadman Wonderland, #11)
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail....more
More about Yana Toboso...
Black Butler, Vol. 01 (Black Butler, #1) Black Butler, Vol. 3 (Black Butler, #3) Black Butler, Vol. 02 (Black Butler, #2) Black Butler, Vol. 6 (Black Butler, #6) Black Butler, Vol. 04 (Black Butler, #4)