Start by marking “Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)” as Want to Read:
Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)

Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler #11)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  4,525 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
Whispers turn into screaming headlines in Earl Ciel Phantomhive's morning paper as word of the dead being resurrected takes society by storm. But when the unsavoury details of the business reach Ciel's ear, he and his superlative butler, Sebastian, book themselves on a luxury liner to look into these alleged miracles and the "Aurora Society" conducting them. As the waters ...more
Published July 2011 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published February 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Black Butler, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Butler, Vol. 11

Loveliest Evaris
In this volume I'm reminded how much of a dick Ciel and Sebastian are...to anyone in general.

Seriously, I want to slap that boy across the face. With my High-School-Graduation-Ring-hand!

description

And poor Snake. I STILL have not forgotten what Ciel did to Joker and his circus troupe!

NEVER. FORGET!

description

But yay, he's so cute anyway...says Goethe.

I hope he's a permanent new staple in the Phantomhive manor --says Wilde.

Okay I'll stop with the weird referral-to-snakes-as-if-they're-actually-thinking...says Emily.

E
Fatemeh
Jul 15, 2016 Fatemeh rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
خب... تو این جلد پرونده ی قتل تموم می شه و از نیمه ی دوم یه چیزی تو مایه های فرانکشتاین شروع میشه :-؟ واقعا اون چند جلد اول که داستاناش با انیمه یکی بودن باعث شدن یانا توبوسو رو دست کم بگیرم و الان پشیمونم! قراره همه ی افسانه های باحال اروپا رو اینجا ببینیم؟ عالیه! من که خیلی مشتاقم :D
Maria Kaye
Jan 24, 2015 Maria Kaye rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
House murder case was a bore-fest but I am enjoying the new addition to the Phantomhive Household -- Snake.
Karissa
Jan 02, 2016 Karissa rated it really liked it
This is the 11th volume in the Black Butler series. I have been really enjoying this manga series overall. I thought volume 10 was weaker than the rest of the series. This volume is better again; although not as spectacular as some of the volumes before 10.

In this volume the events of the last two volumes are explained in detail with all revealed. Then Ciel and Sebastian end up on a cruise ship with Ciel’s intended. Most of the people think that Ciel is taking a well deserved break but little d
Yue
Sebastian certainly is weird and vain! His story about the black cat was so funny! He is so crazy about cats... and that he had to show up in his most humiliating appearance when he was 'dead'! hahaha, and he certainly moved a lot during the case; Ciel makes him work so hard. But that scene of Ciel crying over Sebastian's dead body... arghhhh it was just acting :(

It was a surprise that Arthur C. Doyle was told the truth; but again, it was a nice twist, showing him then in the future, as the grea
Rose
You are getting more and more ridiculous with each volume. Le sigh. Should I just abandon you and find a new manga that will help me boost my Goodreads Reading Challenge or should I stay committed to you? I'll probably keep reading you but it's time to get unfaithful and look for some new and more interesting manga that I can read besides you. Yeah, you heard that right.

You know, sometimes you're pretty fun and entertaining, so please get back to your volume 3-5 roots. Back then I still liked y
Angelyn
Jan 04, 2013 Angelyn rated it really liked it
Arthur C. Doyle, Sebastian's love for cats, Snake, the Phoenix Pose (I fell on the floor laughing) and Zooooooooombies! Oh my God!!! This manga get more and more unexpected!! Can't wait to read the next volume!!!
MissAnnThrope
Despair Speaking
Sarah Hayes
Apr 28, 2013 Sarah Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
If volume 10 was the conclusion to the locked murder mystery arc, then volume 11 pulled back the curtain to show how certain people pulled it all off. Toboso does a good job at incorporating flashbacks into the narrative, and she uses an interesting technique to transition between current and past scenes. Also, Sebastian was wickedly hilarious in this volume. His love for stray cats cannot be stopped! The new story arc involving raising the dead should be interesting and very bloody. Anything ...more
Kelsey Hanson
This could be described as the "parlor scene" in most detective stories. The moment where the detective, or in this case Sebastian, reveals how he discovered the killer and his motives. I did feel a bit bad for the professor who was unduly freaked out by this whole turn of events. This is kind of a "wrapping up" book, completing one arc and setting up the next. That being said, the next story line seems interesting. It looks like we're moving from "And then there were none" to "Titanic".
Nerdish Mum
The start of this wrapped up the loose ends from the last arc with the author ensuring he would keep a certain secret and ensuring he would be inspired to carry on writing. We then moved onto the next arc which looks set to be another interesting instalment. I'm looking forward to finding out how the group are bringing people back to "life" and how Ciel and Sebastian keep the whole thing away from Elizabeth. Oh and one last thing "We are......PHEONIX!!!!" awesome!
Thara Mitha
Dec 06, 2016 Thara Mitha rated it it was amazing
If you want a good manga to keep you up all night, this is defiantly for you. It's filled with supernatural creatures and events to keep you up all night long. It has a great plot, characters, back stories, and arcs to keep you on the edge of your seat. The story takes place in Britain in the Victorian era and includes supernatural creatures such as demons and grim reapers. If your into the more dark and demented stories, this is defiantly your cup of tea. As the character Sebastian would say, ...more
V
Dec 17, 2012 V rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, manga
Okay, wow, this review is late. University got in the way, and I also like to remain loyal to my local comic book shop when I'm at home from uni. (Krackers in Taunton: awesome people, you guys.)

Volume XI starts as a recap of the previous Phantomhive Mansion Murder Mystery arc, as Sebastian and Ciel converse with the Professor (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, natch) in an attempt to tie up all of the loose ends. Well, it's better than some other manga recaps I've read, so let's see what questions it coul
Anna Hakopian t (-_-t)
Oct 15, 2016 Anna Hakopian t (-_-t) rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, october-2016
I saw the ending story arc. It's zombies. What did I do? Ok, bye I am not reading this at 2am. Gonna sleep!
Swati
Oct 14, 2016 Swati rated it really liked it
I loved how everything was resolved!

I love Snakes....I hope everything turns out okay :)
Mer Mendoza
Oct 04, 2016 Mer Mendoza rated it liked it
I find it interesting that the publisher decided to break up the volumes of this story the way they have; instead of dividing based on plot lines, it seems more or less along the lines of page count. I mean, part of the joy of serialized fiction is it's meandering plot, but I think these volumes could be split by story arc. After all, this one carries the tail end of the murder mystery and starts a new transatlantic crossing mystery.

I do love me the reapers though. Any and all who wish to appear
Chivitouille
Apr 03, 2015 Chivitouille rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga, 2015

Este tomo se concentra más que nada en dar respuestas en cuanto a la resolución del arco de Book of Murder.
Hay bastantes explicaciones interesantes y uno que otro momento divertido que involucra a Sebastian, quien sin duda se la tuvo que ingeniar bastante para cumplir con todas las cuestiones relativas a encontrar al verdadero culpable.

El saber quién realmente estaba detrás de todo solo genera más preguntas, una de ellas es saber el porqué de ese cierto odio que tiene en contra de Ciel, quiero c
Lanie
With all my recent reviews, it's no secret that I love black butler. :D

I fucking adore this. Not the anime, sadly, since I find the cartoon style kinda annoying. But the books? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Ciel is a demented, fucked up little shit. & Sebastian is so polite while he's being a badass. :) plus his thing with the cats is just adorable. :)

I loved seeing everything from the murder mystery explained here. We get to see tons of awesomeness of Sebastian at his butler finest. But it was all ac
Ladiibbug
Oct 05, 2015 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it
#11 Black Butler series - Manga

First reading: 1/20/15 - 4 stars

Happily the plot moves along, with the ending of the locked room murder mystery, though not until close to the end of the book.

We see a surprise return by Snake, a colorful character from the circus, who joins the Phantomhive staff as a footman. And he brings his literary-named "friends" ha ha!

Ciel assigns Sebastian to investigate disturbing rumors of a local hospital bringing the dead back to life. At the same time, Ciel's fiancé, t
Anna
Feb 28, 2015 Anna rated it it was ok
I am developing serious issues with these characters and the romance and the story itself.

I have tried so hard to like Elizabeth. I really have, but I really really don't. She is annoying, clueless, and always makes the manga installments less enjoyable to me. Also, for those that ship Elizabeth and Ciel... you realize they are cousins, correct? Like I totally get that that was normal over a century ago when this story takes place, but it's 2015.. you don't have a romance with your cousin. Now
Cornerofmadness
Feb 11, 2013 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Sep 12, 2014 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
~4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

(Contains some spoilers.)

I took a long break from this series, and I shouldn’t have done that. The last volume ended on a slow note for me, I guess. And then I ended up picking this volume a little while ago, because I had some extra money with me (which almost never happens), and thought why not. And then I read the book and remembered why I love this series so much.

This series is just so exciting. The adventures are so fantastic, and perfectly horrific
Pia
Jan 08, 2013 Pia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hardcore kuroshitsuji fans, hardcore black butler fans
I love the Kuroshitsuji anime and the Black Butler manga, I mean truly, I would bend over backwards to think of reasons to give it all five stars if I could. I'm a fan of the artwork, I like Yana Toboso's wry sense of humour and how well that translates both into English and subtitles. I feel like I need to give this preface in order to truly convey how much I was disappointed with this installment in the manga.

Three quarters of read as a 'reveal' of the mystery set up in the 10th manga. It is p
Dani
If the ending to the mystery felt a little off to you in the last volume, then feast your eyes on this one! All will become quite clear.

Everything was explained very thoroughly (and satisfyingly, since my guesses were mostly correct). It was entertaining seeing how the night played out from a new perspective, allowing us to see what was really going on, but also very interesting as well. It probably wasn't the most unpredictable of mysteries, but it was quite well woven and I couldn't see any ob
Joti
Jun 02, 2016 Joti rated it it was amazing
Heather
Aug 20, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
This was a really cool volume of Black Butler that covered many different things. At the beginning of the book it explains all the ins and outs of how everything was done in the Phantomhive murders of the last two volumes. Then it addresses the final issue from the Noah's Ark Circus performers. Finally, Ciel and Sebastian go on to investigate a new mystery that requires them to go on a cruise with Lady Elizabeth and her family. You also get to know a new Grim Reaper that entered the story a few ...more
Apple12350
Dec 21, 2015 Apple12350 rated it it was amazing
It was great! Thought the ending to Mr. Wordsmith was a bit unclear or its just me not reading it properly. It either ended with him writing a lot of stories about that incident and publishing them or burning it before it could be published. I think its the first since the second makes no sense really.

It was surprising for another uninvited guest to appear, Snake. It was sad how all the time, before the circus he was alone but Joker and everyone else invited him into their group and called him '
Reeva
Apr 22, 2012 Reeva rated it it was amazing
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had to put that out there.

I can't believe Grey was the killing the whole time. He is so cute and funny, but that would make him the least suspisious. Not for ciel!! He knew everything that was gonna happen and told Sebastian to do all those things!! How crazy, Ciel is very smart for one so young. He tricked everyone even Grey!!! Hahaha, they put the blame on the diamond guy.

The Queen has a weird sense of humor. She wanted to try to pin the murders
Katie Shepherd
Jun 16, 2013 Katie Shepherd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
  • PandoraHearts 12巻
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 09
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 03
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
  • Berserk, Vol. 18
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail.
More about Yana Toboso...

Black Butler (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Black Butler, Volume 01
  • Black Butler, Volume 02
  • Black Butler, Vol. 3 (Black Butler, #3)
  • Black Butler, Volume 04
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 6 (Black Butler, #6)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 7 (Black Butler, #7)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)