Start by marking “O Guerreiro Highlander” as Want to Read:
O Guerreiro Highlander

O Guerreiro Highlander (Campbell Trilogy #1)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  4,470 Ratings  ·  211 Reviews
Caitrina não tenciona trocar o pai e os irmãos por um marido, ainda por cima um dos odiados Campbell, mas a força rude e sensual de Jamie, e um beijo escaldante, ameaçam estilhaçar- -lhe a resistência. Quando o seu mundo idílico se desfaz, a única esperança de salvar o seu clã reside nos braços de Jamie Campbell, o inimigo que ela responsabiliza pela sua ruína. Conseguirão ...more
Published July 2011 by Planeta Editora (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about O Guerreiro Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Guerreiro Highlander

Aquit
SPOILERS AHEAD

I really anticipated reading "Highland Warrior" from the reviews I got. But after reading it lemme tell you one thing: DO NOT FREAKING READ THIS STUPID BOOK AND IF YOU DO THEN YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Oh, I admit the beginning of the book draws you in but then it reaches the middle of the book and everything fell apart.

The female lead Caitrina is an irritating, untrusting, heartless little b***h. Throughout the entire book I wanted to shake her until her head pop off and stuff a swor
Laura the Highland Hussy
***Some spoilers***

I just loved Caitrina as our heroine. She is fiesty, intelligent, a tad naive, and super cute. I love how she meets our hero Jamie...she climbed a tree to help her brother get a kitten down, but had to undress out of her fabulous gown to do so. Her brother takes off with his kitten, leaving Caitrina stuck up the tree with no help in sight...or is there?

A mysterious man on horseback who is at the clan gathering for the games rescues her and leaves her breathless...

Jamie Campbe
Mafi
Jul 08, 2011 Mafi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, favorites, pt
Adorei! Devorei este livro pois nao conseguia parar de ler! É uma história leve, básica mas eu gosto destes romances onde os protagonistas odeiam-se mas no fundo amam-se *.* e acaba sempre tudo bem, portanto acabamos o livro com um sorriso no rosto! Foram umas horas de leitura bem passadas, recomendo para quem gosta deste tipo de romances. :)
Barbara ★
Jamie Campbell sounds gorgeous, very many and oh so seductive. Poor wee lass, Caitrina Lamont doesn't stand a chance against his charms. Hated enemy or not! What a great dilemma she has in front of her...Jamie or her clan. Hummm I know who I'd choose. LOL

A great and terrible feud exists between the Campbell's and Lamont's. Caitrinia is a strong female loyal to her family and loathe to be exiled - like her Campbell mother - because of her attraction to Jamie. She fights this attraction as long as
Caz
Why is it that every book I see that has "Highland" in the title has to have a half-naked man on the cover? Not that I object to half-naked men in principle, but they're all starting to look the same...

3.5 stars for content and 4.5 stars for the narration

I’m not normally one for Highlander romances, but I picked this audiobook up because I enjoy listening to this particular narrator and thought I’d give it a go.

The story is simple, but well told. Caitrina Lamont is the daughter of the chief of
Stella
Dec 30, 2009 Stella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, favorites
This is the first book in Monica McCarty's 2nd trilogy, and for those who have read her first 3 books, the hero of Highland Warrior, Jamie Campbell is not unknown. We got to know and (even though we didn't root for him to win the heroine) like him in Highlander Unmasked. But since then Jamie has grown up, matured and became a fierce and feared warrior, but of course we, the readers know that underneath that hard and fearsome exterior is a kind hearted and fair man. I wouldn't summarize the plot ...more
Zoe
Nov 12, 2015 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second time I tried to read this book. The first time I read it, I was so annoyed by Caitrina. There are quite a few things that a woman can do to piss me off. And being such a pig-headed, spoiled woman like Caitrina is one of those things.

I guess it wasn't Caitrina's fault that her father kept the reality from her. But at the same time I expect some wisdom on Caitrina's side, to see that life wasn't black and white. In the beginning she was an annoying spoiled brat. After she lost
valee
Sep 14, 2010 valee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well this was actually a disappointment. I had such high hopes for this book and it ended up being everything I did not want it to be. Maybe the problem was those high standards I had. It's not that I did not like it because I did. It's just that it was not as good as I thought it would be.

First the main characters were too stubborn to really get to like them. I get it that they went through a lot, but so many times their trust was put to test and all those times both failed. I was so upset all
Yolanda
Jun 15, 2015 Yolanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
me ha encantado. Caitirina se enfrenta de golpe al mundo real y Jamie un guerrero, ejecutor de la ley.
Una historia preciosa y muy bien escrita. Jamie me ha conquistado
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
KatieV
3.5 stars rounded up.

This is my first read by this author and I'll definitely give her another go.

I loved the hero. He was besotted from day one and not above rather ruthlessly manipulating events to force the heroine's hand in marriage, something I always fall for. Especially since he truly wanted her to be happy and was a very honorable man.

The heroine was sometimes difficult, but I didn't dislike her. I tried to put myself in her shoes. She'd been pampered and deliberately shielded from the
Sian
Oct 11, 2011 Sian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Raquel Leite
Aug 17, 2011 Raquel Leite rated it really liked it
Depois de ajudar irmão mais novo a salvar um gato, catrina fica semi-nua presa numa árvore. Quem a ajuda é Jamie, um homem que mesmo acabando de a conhecer não consegue ficar longe dela, principalmente de a ver assim. Depois de a tirar da árvore, Jamie só lhe pede um beijo, que Caitrina diz logo que não, mas por precisar mesmo de ajuda e não ver jeitos de o seu irmão voltar e ajuda-la, ela aceita.

Foi pelo beijo que jamie lhe cobrou que ela ficou completamente rendida a ela e furiosa por não gost
Sandra
Jan 27, 2012 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Se houve algo que despertou de imediato a minha curiosidade em relação a este livro sem dúvida que foi a capa.
A promessa de uma viagem às terras altas da Escócia aliada a uma boa história de lutas entre clãs impediu-me imediatamente de trazer qualquer outro livro que não fosse este, para casa.

Caitrina é uma bela moça que por ser muito amada pela sua família é protegida e deixada a viver na plena ignorância política e social.
Quando os problemas vêm ter com a sua família na forma de um homem intel
Syd
Aug 24, 2011 Syd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Even though I'm not a huge fan of historical romance, I really enjoyed reading about the history of that place and time period. I'm no history buff, but you could tell there was effort put into finding out the facts and constructing a great story from them.

This story rang very true to what I would consider "old world" values and approach to love. There was a lot of emphasis on duty and practicality yet we got to see a very romantic side as well. I bring this up only b
Nonieღserenity2bliss
I have to say that Monica knows how to write a great hero!

Jamie is easily liked from the start and I think this is the first time she wrote a hero with sense of humor. Jamie's first encounter with Caitrina was pretty cute and funny and that made a great start to their relationship.

Caitrina, on the other hand, took some time for me to like. In fact, if I recall correctly, I felt the same way with all Monica's heroine, except the heroine in The Chief. I took immediate liking to her :)

Now Elizab
Yona
Feb 17, 2014 Yona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: highland
I liked the storyline, but the book not so much.

Jamie Campbell was perfect , but Caitrina not so much. What he saw in her I will never know, till the very end of the book,( the last page...) she was acting like a little spoiled girl, who never thought of what she was saying or doing. She hurt Jamie countless times and she couldn't even promise not to do it again.

The end was nothing special, just an end.
Taria Reed
Mar 14, 2012 Taria Reed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: highlanders
I LOVED Jamie in this story. The narrator did a pretty good job. Not much to say about the story, I really did enjoy it. Sexy highlander, silly little lass who needs to find her strength to stand next to the strong sexy highlander, toss in some family fued turmoil and viola.....you 've got days full of angst and nights full of steam. My kind of book...lol.

Narrator 3.5
Story 3.5
Xia
Apr 24, 2011 Xia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love Jamie Campbell. He is such a caring hero, who doesn't love him? Caitrina is a strong heroine, but her inability to trust Jamie after everything he has done, made me a little mad. That was the only downside in this story, but I loved everything else.
Olga
Feb 21, 2016 Olga rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Como todos los libros de esta autora, me ha encantado... la fuerza de los protagonistas, la trama historica y los sentimientos tanto de ella como de el... muy recomendable su lectura, ahora a por el segunda de la saga...
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
I loved this book. Jamie is the sexy, dark, misunderstood highland warrior of the Campbell clan. Loyal to a fault and suddenly swept under the spell of Caiti Rose.
A very good read...
Elis Madison
Have you ever read a story involving a real person in history, and hated the person's guts so much you wish you could find them in hell and add your own unique tortures?

Well, that's how I felt about the 7th Earl of Argyll in this series. The real-life man may not have been all bad, but for what he did to Alasdair MacGregor, Argyll deserved a pike up his hoo hah.

McCarty has a way of zeroing in on some of the most powerful moments in Scotland's torturous history. The last author I remember readi
♥ℳelody
Another one I loved from McCarty. Highland stories tend to sometimes go on the cheesy side for me and she is one of the few who's impressed me with her writing skills and storytelling. Jamie Campbell is just amazing all over. I adored him. What a sexy hero. I was expecting to not like him but he surprised me with the way he openly and very passionately loved Caitrina. Lord he made me swoon. It sounds over the top but really it was sexy as hell. Great love story. Again great drama and major major ...more
Lover of Romance
In Highland Warrior, Jamie Campbell is a enforcer of justice, and is wanting to know the location of Alistair of the MacGregor clan that are outlaws, and knows that since the Lamont Clan had close ties to the MacGregor clan, he plans on finding where Alisdair is being hidden. So he plans on wooing the sweet Caitrina who mesmerizes his body and soul. He finds himself drawn to her like a moth to a flame. He knows that even though there is a ulterior motive to him courting Caitrina, after tasting h ...more
Mara
Jan 02, 2014 Mara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical
Ah the deals, they'll always get to me, even when the chance a book is for me is nil. :)

I found the Highland Warrior plain and boring, without much to the plot, not even the angst that should have flowed given the background.

My biggest problem was that the story flowed the way the author wanted, without any inner coherence in characters. (By the way both are childish, I'm not sure I appreciate at all the dislike poured on the girl. She's not the only one with flaws. She's childish, but he is no
Ne
Jul 09, 2011 Ne rated it really liked it
Ahhh como adorei aquele primeiro encontro! É mesmo daqueles momentos que começam optimamente o romance já por si bom. Dá-nos logo umas quantas faíscas que nos vão manter a altas temperaturas durante o resto do livro.
Jamie é sem duvida uma personagem masculina literária que preenche todos os requisitos. Quase que lhe ouvia o sotaque cerrado! O que é ainda mais sensual e cativante.
Caitrina também não lhe fica atrás, apesar de achar que perdeu um pouco o seu fogo depois do casamento. Este caso já
Ally
Jan 16, 2016 Ally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, interesting, well developed characters, but I wanted to throat punch Caitrina

I hate to think I am becoming a misogynist but I have linger suspicions I may be judging our heroine too harshly. Let me start at the beginning: this really is a good book. It's an interesting Hatfield and McCoy take on warring families / clans / whatever, with a side or two of good old Romeo and Juliet thrown in to make it more interesting.

I really liked how the story developed.

I liked the characters.

I liked the
Amanda Sheila
I loved it. For real.

I have never been a fan of historical romance. But I do have books of it, mostly presents from friends and families. So like it or not, I'm "forced" to read them.

But I think I loved them as much as contemporary romance.

Jamie, is surprisingly sweet and tender toward Caiti. I think I'm in love. But I still can't get over the fact that Jamie's brother, Colin, get away with nothing. I hope I'll read about him on the future book.

This is my first Monica McCarty and I'm glad i
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1)
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • Devil in a Kilt (MacKenzie, #1)
  • To Conquer a Highlander (Highlander, #1)
  • Captured by the Highlander (Highlander, #1)
  • Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1)
  • Master of Surrender (Blood Sword Legacy, #1)
  • His Wicked Ways (MacKay, #1)
What do you get when you mix a legal career, a baseball career, motherhood, and a love of history with a voracious reader? In my case, a Historical Romance Author.

Like most writers, I’ve always loved to read. Growing up in California there was always plenty to do outside, but all too often I could be found inside curled up with a book (or two or three). I started with the usual fare: The Little Ho
More about Monica McCarty...

Campbell Trilogy (3 books)
  • Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2)
  • Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3)

“What was she trying to do to him? Was this what being in love was supposed to feel like? Was it supposed to make him feel out of control? Was it supposed to rip him apart, pulling him in two opposite directions? Was it supposed to make him want to tear his hair out in frustration? If it was, he didn’t need it.” 5 likes
“As soon as the man had gone, Caitrina moved to stand before him, her soft feminine scent clouding his senses. Would it always be like this—this clawing need for her? The inability to think when she was near? The feeling that if he didn’t take her in his arms and kiss her, he would surely die?” 4 likes