Midnight Howl (Poison Apple Series #5)

Midnight Howl (Poison Apple #5)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,029 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Poison Apple Books: Thrilling. Bone-chilling. These books have bite!

Marisol and her mom move from the city to rural Montana for a few months, and stay with family friends and their twin children, Jack and Hailey. Marisol loves looking at the stars so far away from city lights, but she feels creeped out by the woods right by their house. She's even more scared when her new...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published February 2011)

Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
Midnight Howl by Clare Hutton is a book in the Poison Apple series, a paranormal version of the Candy Apple series.

Marisol’s parents are divorced, so she is currently living with her mother in Austin, Texas. She’ll be leaving her best, Tasha, for a few months because her and her mother’s apartment is going to be rewired. Marisol and her mom, Ana, will be going to Wolf Valley, Montana to live with her mom’s friend, Molly, who used to be her college roommate.

Marisol is excited when she sees that...more
Steven R. McEvoy
This is a fantastic series of books, geared for young women but with such great stories that any young reader would enjoy them. This is the fifth installment in the new series, Poison Apple Books from Scholastic, and it is not as dark as the previous books. It was a great read.

Clare Hutton has tackled the world of Shifters -- Werewolves, to be specific. Marisol and her mother are moving from Texas to Montana for most of her Grade 7 year. Once she arrives in this rural town she starts to experien...more
Lauren
This book is so good ........ not that im done with it yet i could probably read this book as many times as i could in one day.!!!!!!
I hope that if I keep telling people about these Poison Apple and Candy Apple series and books alot of people will keep on reading them!
Anja allgood
it was great
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Kai
OPENING:

"You are going to die," my best friend Tasha said.

CLOSING:

My mom had been right: So far, my time in Montana had been a great adventure, and I had a feeling it wasn't over just yet!

REVIEW:

4.5 ★

I love it and wanted to give it 5 stars, but I can't say this is the BEST BOOK EVER, so...it's 4.5. But that's almost 5 right?

Suspenseful.
That's why I like it! I keep wondering if Hailey is the werewolf. U guess?

I like Hailey and Jack. Hailey was cool! She was mysterious. She loves anima...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids

Midnight Howl is a great read for middle graders who love paranormal reads. Marisol is a fun character to get to know! She's down to earth, loyal, and true to herself. Not only do I love that she's from Austin, TX, but I was excited to go with her to Wolf Valley, Montana, as her mother moved them there for three months while their apartment is being renovated. Leaving behind her best friend was a little hard, but Marisol quickly discovers there's adventures to be had in out doors, a cut...more
Lauren
My favorite part of Midnight Howl was when the astronomy club went on a big camping trip, at night Marisol heard something outside and thought it was a wolf or a werewolf.

My favorite character is Lily because she was very interesting to me because she sort of relates to me because just like me I don't believe in werewolfs or anything related to that.

When I was reading the book, I felt anxious to get to the end to find out who was the werewolf.

The part I pictures in my head was the ending when Ma...more
Michele Lee
Marisol is a twelve year old vegetarian Texas city girl who moves to a rural Montana ranch with her mom for a few months while their house is being rewired. The ranch is owned by Marisol's mom's best friend, husband and twin children. Very different from the life she knows, Montana is mountains, wide spaces and active night life—maybe even including werewolves. In fact the history of the town is rife with legends of werewolves and Marisol can't dismiss the feeling of being watched when she's out...more
Kelly
This is another of the books that my wee crazy niece got from the library and I decided to read with her. And when I say "read with her" I mean that I took the book to work and read it. No part of my reading was done with the Little Bug in the room or near me. In fact, I don't think she's read any of the books at this point. Which brings up the question of why I'm reading her books which are clearly geared toward a younger audience. Well, the Poison Apple series is fun. It's fun and easy and I c...more
Katieb (MundieMoms)

Emma
Midnight Howl was a pretty good book, but it wasn't really as scary as I hoped it would be. I've read a couple other books from the Poison Apple series, and they were pretty scary, so my expectations were high and ultimately they weren't met. It was a good short read, that you can finish in a very short period of time.
Stella
It was good. Totally kiddish. She is thinking it is one when it turns out to be another! Show how the bond of two kids who have never meet becomes a super close bond while one thinks the other is a werewolf. But is it true? Just one thing, the werewolf has a bond with them too!
Katie Fitzgerald
enjoyed Marisol's interactions with her new friends in Montana, and the horse back riding scene. I also really enjoyed her excitement about her new adventure. Mant tween books focus on girls who have been dragged away from home by well-intentioned parents. It was great to see more of a go-getter character who actually sought out new experiences without worrying that it would ruin her current life.

I think I would have liked this book more if I had not already read This Totally Bites. It's the bet...more
Skylar
Not my FAV book but I still LOVE IT.I love wolfs I recommend this book to ALL WOLF LOVERS.Tell me if I am correct say YA MAN if correct say NO MAN if rong. Good book man the author is a total ASS man.
Franzinem
THIS BOOK IS REALLY AWESOME! I really like this book.I gave this 5 stars because it gives the reader to visualize and think what will happen like inferring.!!!!! you should read it.
Clio
This book is really good. Its actually not that scary but its about wolves.
Elizabeth
Mas5thgrade2014
hey this book can really trick you because in this book some people think some people are ware wolfves but the people you might acused at first might not be a ware wolf but you knows they might all be.
Janelle
This is a very special book that inspire all different styles and all different family's in some sort of way it is just a fact that this story has meaning. Clare Hutton is a very good writer that let young people enjoy this book and other poison apple books too. And in each chapter it just wonderful. It is really good for girls my age. It is very wonderful to read for a week I want to read it over and over again and again.
Elizabeth
Great book the I knew right away that lily was the were wolf when the book started to look towards lilies behavior when they started talking about werewolfs and when I found out she had a moon shaped scare that just showed it I loved this book I hope that you will to if not there's other books in the world that could be just right for you enjoy(: (; !!!!!!!!
Clark
A pretty good book. Would have been a lot better without all the vegan nonsense and the anti-hunting propaganda, both of which had nothing whatsoever to do with the rest of the plot. The resolution was good and offers a positive message about friendship, family, and accepting those who are different. So far, my favorite of the Poison Apple series.
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
★★★★Midnight Howl (Poison Apple #5) by Clare Hutton

Another cute poison apple series book. What happens when a city girl, stays in Montana for 3 months. Kids start talking, and imaginations run wild. Oh no is everyone in town a werewolf.
Moe
It was on ok book.... Better for young kids in maybe 3 or 4th grade. It doesnt make you want to keep reading it nonstop, but it doesnt really get u bored - at least for me. It was a "quick read" lol..
Sara
This is about a girl that finds out that one of friends at the Bed and Breakfast turns into a wolf at full moon. I recommend this book who are fans of the poison apple series.
Sabrina
It was a great book but I think it could have been more mystery. The whole time I was reading this book, I was thinking " Team Jacob, Team Jacob!!!!" :)
Maia
The interesting story of a girl who thinks she lives with a werewolf. I give it five stars for its brilliancy to keep readers on their toes at all times.
Kaitlyn
amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Catherine Men
This book is really amazing so far :) Definitely a fan of Poison Apple Book Series! Hope they make more books soon.
Book Discussions ...: Midnight Howl 1 1 Mar 17, 2013 01:46PM
  • Now You See Me ... (Poison Apple #4)
  • Curiosity Killed the Cat (Poison Apple #7)
  • Her Evil Twin (Poison Apple #6)
  • Miss Fortune (Poison Apple #3)
  • At First Bite (Poison Apple #8)
  • The Ghoul Next Door (Poison Apple #9)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • The Sweetheart Deal (Candy Apple Special Edition, #1)
  • Life, Starring Me! (Candy Apple #18)
  • Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa (Candy Apple #13)
  • Accidentally Friends (Accidentally, #4; Candy Apple #20)
  • Miss Popularity and the Best Friend Disaster (Miss Popularity #3; Candy Apple #28)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • Vampalicious! (My Sister the Vampire, #4)
CLARE HUTTON loves moonlit nights, but has never seen a werewolf (that she knows of). She lives in Queens, New York, with her husband and their two kids.
More about Clare Hutton...
Zombie Dog (Rotten Apple #2) The Oxford History of the Irish Book, Volume V: The Irish Book in English, 1891-2000 A Poison Apple Boxed Set (Poison Apple, Volumes #1 through #8) Poison Apple: This Totally Bites!, Miss Fortune, Now You See Me ..., Midnight Howl Poison Apple Books: Complete 10 Book Set Includes: The Dead End, This Totally Bites!, Her Evil Twin, Miss Fortune, Now You See Me..., Midnight Howl, Curiosity Killed the Cat, At First Bite, The Ghoul Next Door, The Ghost of Christmas Past (Poison Apple)