Start by marking “Tyce” as Want to Read:
Tyce

Tyce

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  345 ratings  ·  54 reviews
A newborn baby boy cries out in the night but instead of a cozy crib his screams echo from a back alley dumpster! Abandoned at birth, Tyce Adkins is forced to go solo until he meets Omar. The two become fast friends and feared enforcers in the vicious drug game working for a sadistic boss named Biz. Things get complicated when Biz and a strong willed Tyce don't see eye to ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Write Now Books

To ask other readers questions about Tyce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyce

Deloris
I always say I don't street lit well i'm going to stop saying that. This book is was so good I read it in one day I just could not put it down. at Tyce what a man the fact that he overcame such terrible beginnings made his story that much better. This book flowed like running water , the story is exciting, sexy and gritty. One of the things I liked about this book is the fact there was no unnecessary killing in it,but when Tyce did kill you wanted the person to die. I am a fan of this author loo ...more
☺~Tina~☺
When I first started the book, I was like, "well, this is just okay". Then the story really started to move. Tyce, in my head, is super sexy. He is one right turn from arriving in crazy town, but still super sexy.

He meets Omar while trying to get away from the cops and they become fast friends and start to hustle together. They were so good they catch the eye of Biz and soon they were making fast money, but all good things must come to an end.

Tyce never wanted to truly have to work under anyon
Carla
"TYCE" was the first book I've read by Author Shareef Jaudon and I'm so glad I did. TYCE is the story of TYCE Adkins who, abandoned at birth,had no one to depend on but himself. He finds himself in an uncompromising position when he and his boss,Biz,don't see eye to eye, leaving him to branch out on his own with his new crew consisting of his best friend,Omar, Biz's girlfriend Angelique, Boxer Sway and escort Dallas.But everything that glitters is not gold as TYCE soon finds out.
The story line
Nickole
I have to start by saying there were A LOT of editing issues with this book. The author mixed up to and too as well as there, their, they're, were and we're. Every time he referenced a brand or the name of a popular eatery he used quotation marks which I found very distracting. He even did it when he was talking about celebrities like "Mike Vick" <<<<---why?! There was odd capitalization.... just shoddy editing overall and his version of Spanish dialect was damn near offensive. There ...more
Winter
Feb 22, 2012 Winter rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Urban Fiction lovers
Recommended to Winter by: Asia Woodson
I really never expected this book to be that good,BUT IT WAS!!! I couldnt even put this book down as I flipped through the pages of this hot book.Tyce was a no nonsense type of guy that didn't stand for the dope game.He loved making money ,but refused to take the chance of being caged up like a animal.He never expected love to come knocking at his back door NOT ALONE KNOCK TWICE! It never fails to have a snake in your garden and Tyce just had to learn the hard way,but people are always not as lo ...more
Christiana
I really enjoyed this story...it kept my attention from the beginning to the very end...Tyce was a smooth dude...I love how smart and strategic he was, however even tho he was one of my favorite characters in this book. I was not a fan of the status between him, Dallas and Angelique...that was probably what missed the five star mark for me...I thought that whole agreement at the end was stupid...Hey, I don't believe in sharing my man...lol...but other than that I liked it...I'm about to start bo ...more
Me'Tova Hollingsworth
Awesome read! I hate I slept on this author and his work for so long. This book was full of sexy characters and plenty of action. I'm impressed with Shareef's writing style and storytelling abilities. Now I won't be able to sleep until I complete the last book. On to part two of this action packed saga!
Sha
This was a true urban love story. Tyce wasn't afraid to show his sensative side as well as the thug he was. This was a very good read. I dont want to say much about it you read it an be the judge.
Brooklyn June
Author has a way with words. The story of Tyce is one that will pull you in from the first page. A very smooth story and an exceptionally smooth character...TYCE is a def hit...
Lisa
I thought this book was pretty good. I kept saying I wanted to read this book but kept putting it off. I am glad I finely read it. I do recommend!
Terri
Good story, but the poor editing was distracting. Had the editing been better I would have rated this 4 stars.
Yolanda Knight
This book was very good, I was hooked from the first page. Great read you will enjoy this one.
Nicey Lindo
Jania
The grammar and spelling - horrible for a writer.
Shena Daniels
I just could not get into this book and for that reason I didn't finish it. I just couldn't so the rating may not be fair. I think I will try again since I got this far but right now it's not doing anything for me. The plot, the editing killed it for me!
Angie
I've read a lot of street lit, and I must say this author has some real talent. He has a very interesting and suspenseful writing style which keeps you guessing. While there were more editing errors than one can count, I try not to hold that against the authors. The story wasn't the most exciting one ever told, but the presentation of it made it enjoyable. You can tell that the story was well thought out and the twists and turns throughout the book always meet up to make sense. I really liked th ...more
rick blackmon
good book !!!!!!!!!

this was a good book ,well written. a lot of twist n turns,with a touch of two women in love. and a friendship between to males that was shocking.
Tasha
This was a good read. As Tyce navigated the streets and tried to maintain a sense of internal decency, readers are taken for quite a ride. Omar, his best friend, is there from the very beginning as they attempt to build an empire. The two team up, living a life of crime and fast money, but refusing to hustle dope. As life would have it, fast women, unexpected twists, back stabbing, murder, and mayhem all join in to create a tale of a young hustler making a name for himself.

I thoroughly enjoyed
Kamille
The beginning of a urban fiction classic series!
Jennifer Morrell
Shareef has delivered us a book of great substance! We are taken through the Journey of a man who as an infant, abandons in a dumpster and watch him basically raise himself into a very intelligent man who is one step above everyone! I do not spoil books by telling the details but what I will say is this book was fantastic! I am onto Tyce II to see what direction his path was given to him! Shareef is a very talented writer who pulls you into the characters minds and makes you feel their emotions! ...more
Taz Will
I enjoyed reading about Tyce and all his women and problems. Can't really say I liked Angelique though she seems like she's playing games. The whole moving in thing can't be anything but a problem if she doesn't make it to the next one.
Ursula
Very good book!
Neka Green
I loved it it was a beautiful story I'm in love with Tyce
Yvette
Oh my! Love me some Tyce! I REALLY enjoyed this book and as soon as I was done I quickly downloaded part 2! Tyce is sexy, confident, strong and he handles ALL HIS BUSINESS ALL THE TIME! This book had all the elments of a page turner, DRAMA, SEXY CHARACTERS, GREAT SEX SCENES, MYSTERY, and lots of URBAN ACTION! Great job Shareef...I am definitely and new fan for life!
Brittney Green
This first part of the book was really good. I'm glad Tyce & the crew was able to eliminate the threat but it seems like no matter how many times they got rid of one problem, another one comes along and causes major ones. I can't wait to see how handles both Dallas and Angelique, this should be interesting.
Erica
Tyce was one of the best books I have read in a long time. Once I started I didn't want to put it down! I enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. I must say I loved Tyce's character, he was 100% man and the ladies loved him. I highly recommend this book and you will not be disappointed.
Jay
I have slept on this book, but I must admit this is a great book from start to finish. Tyce will grab your attention from the first page and won't let go to the last page.
Roshunda Harris
I loved this book. The writer craft used in this book is voice (Flecter). I could clearly hear and understand Tyce. From e early on Tyce learned to depend on no one.
Lavinya
It took me a while to read this book because of what I have goin on. But once I got into it it took me away! This is a must read. Now I am on to part 2
Anjela Day
This is the first book i read by this Author and I must say it want be the last TYCE had me feeling like I could take on the world a must read
  • Kyla's Revenge (Bankroll Squad, #2)
  • A Gangster's Melody
  • Rozalyn
  • A Hustler's Promise
  • Project Queen
  • Deja
  • Two Tears in a Bucket (The Kennards, #1)
  • City Lights
  • Begonia Brown: A Philadelphia Story
  • Material Girl 2
  • New York's Finest (1st of the Trilogy)
  • Eviction Notice: A Hood Rat Novel