Start by marking “Double Deception” as Want to Read:
Double Deception

Double Deception (Code Name: Danger #18)

As sharp-witted as his code name Blade implies, spy Clint Black is used to having the upper hand. But now he's a prisoner, trapped by dangerous criminals and a gorgeous woman who just might be a double agent--or his only chance to stay alive.
Special Agent Victoria Talbot is as icy as the St. Petersburg that surrounds her--she needs to be to succeed in her quest. That mean
Published August 1st 2011 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Double Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Deception

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
I'm having a hard time rating this one. I kind of want to give it five stars for my enjoyment of it – I read nearly the entire second half of the book in one sitting! – but it doesn't quite reach that level.

This is another Harlequin Romantic Suspense that is completely hamstrung by that ridiculously low, arbitrary word limit for this type of story. I'm not sure why they have that limit and why this was published under that line instead of Lovelace writing the book full out and getting it publis
Saly
Double Deception was a decent OMEGA book about "Blade" and Victoria who have been circling each other for years and when they are handed a mission dealing with the lost Russian Amber Room sparks fly. Victoria doesn't like or trust Blade's reputation with women having an ex just like that. One thing I disliked was how quick Blade was to distrust her and then bam suddenly all is fine.
I kind of also didn't like the knife pulling thing, it got old and I didn't get where Blade's mistrust came from an
Sigrun
The matter of the Amber Room in Russia has long interested me, perhaps because I find amber itself so fascinating. That means that I've also seen documentaries on TV about this lost treasure. While I was in Vienna, Austria I went to see Schoenbrunn Palace just outside the city, which also has a room decorated with a lot of amber. After seeing it, I wondered how much more beautiful the other must have been.
Lynn Spencer
The setting (post- Cold War Russia) and the suspense plot centering on the mysterious disappearance of the Amber Room definitely got my attention. I loved the mood of the story and the spy vs. spy action. However, the relationship between the leads left something to be desired. Here's my TBR Challenge 2012 column on the book: http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=7610
Cathy Beckett
Jul 03, 2013 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-books-read
This is the 10th installment in Lovelace's Code Name Danger series. It is Blade's and Rebel's story.
I really liked this book a lot. It kept me on my toes. I like a story where it takes the whole book to solve a mystery.
Diane
another "spy" book, but this one involves a favorite WWII mystery of mine, the disappearance of the Amber Room.
Sharon Sherman
Jul 27, 2011 Sharon Sherman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Agents and double agents - love and trust? A good suspense story.
Harlequin Books

Miniseries: Code Name: Danger
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2011
Traci
Traci rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2017
Sonotjade
Sonotjade rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2013
Bayb
Bayb rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Cristina
Cristina rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2012
Elena
Elena rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Catonya Hopkins
Catonya Hopkins rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2014
lturner547
lturner547 rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Antoinette
Antoinette rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2013
Helen Simpson
Helen Simpson rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Kjerstin
Kjerstin rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Margrethe Schulze
Margrethe Schulze rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Aimee
Aimee rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2011
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
After a 23-year AF career, Colonel Merline Lovelace launched a second career as a writer, basing many of her tales on her own experiences in uniform and on her travels all around the globe.

The USA Today best-selling author now has more than 11 million copies of her books in print. Her works have won numerous awards, including the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA. Merline is especially
More about Merline Lovelace...

Code Name: Danger (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Night of the Jaguar (Code Name: Danger #1)
  • The Cowboy and the Cossack (Code Name: Danger #2)
  • Undercover Man (Code Name: Danger #3)
  • Perfect Double (Code Name: Danger #4)
  • Hot as Ice (Code Name: Danger #5)
  • Texas Hero (Code Name: Danger #6)
  • To Love a Thief (Code Name: Danger #7)
  • Diamonds Can Be Deadly (Code Name: Danger #8)
  • Devlin and the Deep Blue Sea (Code Name: Danger #9)
  • Closer Encounters (Code Name: Danger #10)