Dog Tales: Inspirational Stories of Humor, Adventure, and Devotion

Dog Tales: Inspirational Stories of Humor, Adventure, and Devotion

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Animal owners consider their pets God-given gifts and love to read about their exploits and adventures. With passion and heart, ardent dog lover Susy Flory offers true, inspirational stories about amazing acts of courage, boldness, and dedication by canines, including...

Guide dog Roselle, who led her partner down 78 flights of stairs after the World Trade Center attack. Ka...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Harvest House Publishers

"A dog is a man's best friend." Susy Flory, a dog lover herself, has written a wonderful book, Dog Tales, featuring stories of dogs who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in taking care of their people and other animals. The stories are endearing and a wonderful reminder of how our Creator made them to be a human's companion. They illustrate the truth of the quote mentioned above. Here are a few of the dogs featured in her book:

You will discover the courage of Roselle, a seeing-eye dog...more
Lorena Bathey
What's not to love about a book about man's (and women's) best friend? This is a compliation of stories that will leave you reaching for a tissue box when you feel the love, strength, committment, and amazing capabilities of dogs! See how the littlest critter never gives up and be inspired to be more like a dog.

Well written Dog Tales creates smiles and joy for anyone who has, had, or ever wanted a dog.

A great gift for the holidays!

Angela
Just a pleasant book of all good dog stories!! By far the best was at the end when the author shared her own.
Claire
I approached the reading of this book expecting a pleasant bedtime interlude. Was I surprised! I found myself touched by some stories, in tears because of some. I was especially impressed with the stories of Hunter, Kaiser and Toast and their vital relationships with their humans.

Susy Flory takes these and more stories, seventeen in all, and tells them skillfully and lovingly. Her attention to breed detail is helpful and informative for a non-dog-owner such as myself, and her love of dogs and h...more
B.j. Taylor
Susy Flory did an excellent job with these incredible stories. I particularly enjoyed "Don't Mess with the Brute" about a big golden retriever who takes a hit for his family. And the one that I love the most is "Papa Loves You, Kaiser," about a dog and his owner, reunited. Touching and heartfelt, this book about dogs and what they mean to us will be enjoyed by dog lovers everywhere.
Jason Lewis
A great heartwarming collection of events involving man's best friend to the end. Shows the compassion that people tend to overlook in many dogs all around us. Loved the fact that she gave updates as to what has happened since the stories took place, with both the people and the pets. An excellent book for any dog lover.
Marcela
Very nice stories. Some of them very touching and amazing.
Penni Echeverria
Penni Echeverria marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Sammi
Sammi marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Carmen
Carmen added it
Sep 01, 2013
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Aubrey Scott
Aubrey Scott marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Sandu
Sandu added it
Mar 27, 2013
Angel Chávez
Angel Chávez is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2013
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Book Worm
Book Worm marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Glenna
Glenna marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Linnie521
Linnie521 marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Stephanie Cooper
Stephanie Cooper marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Gop
Gop marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Jocelyn Velazquez
Jocelyn Velazquez marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Divadianne
Divadianne marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Susy Flory is a New York Times best selling author who grew up on the back of a quarter horse in Northern California. She took degrees from UCLA in English and psychology, and has a background in journalism, education, and communications.

She first started writing at the Newhall Signal with the legendary Scotty Newhall, an ex-editor of the San Francisco Chronicle and a one-legged cigar-smoking curm...more
More about Susy Flory...
So Long, Status Quo: What I Learned from Women Who Changed the World Fear Not Da Vinci: Using the Da Vinci Code to Share Your Faith So Long Status Quo: What I Learned From Women Who Changed the World Dog Tales Writer's Dashboard: Help with Keeping Projects Straight