Start by marking “Fury (Mercy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fury (Mercy, #4)

Fury (Mercy #4)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  909 ratings  ·  121 reviews
Hell hath no fury like an angel scorned…

Heartbreak. Vengeance. Truth. Betrayal.

Everything that has happened to Mercy over millennia has made her who she is. Now she and The Eight wage open war with Luc and his demons, and the earth is their battlefield.

Ryan’s love for Mercy is more powerful than ever, her guiding light in the hour of darkness. But the very love that sustai
Paperback, 1st Edition, UK, 306 pages
Published March 29th 2012 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fury

YA Novels of 2012
343rd out of 1,317 books — 10,388 voters
Quintana of Charyn by Melina MarchettaPreloved by Shirley MarrNight Beach by Kirsty EagarLove-Shy by Lili WilkinsonQueen of the Night by Leanne Hall
2012 Aussie YA Releases
21st out of 48 books — 134 voters

More lists with this book...

Shaheen
Even though the blurb suggests a certain fierceness on Mercy's behalf, I had not expected Fury to be as wild and savage as it is. Restored to her full glory as a high-ranking angel of heaven, Mercy is just starting to realise how different she is from the humans she has been living among for millenia. Suddenly she is separate from the very people she has fought so hard to love and protect, and she alone of all the angels can see humans as anything but inferior creatures.

Rebecca Lim brings Mercy
Hanna
Originally posted on Booking in Heels.

Fury is the latest book in the Mercy series by Rebecca Lim, hot on the heels of Exile and Muse. Released on March 29th, it's the final book in what has been a hugely popular YA series. It was sent to me by Harper Collins in exchange for a honest review and while I spotted a lot of flaws, I can't fault the superb prose and description.

So, for readers who haven't read the first three in the series, Mercy was betrayed by her ex-lover Lucifer and cast down from
Christine
Warning: There will be spoilers.

Reviewed with Caitlin, a fellow reviewer on WhatchYAreading.net.

Caitlin: ALL THE RYAN!!!

Christine: Yes. That sums up all my feelings for Fury nicely.

Caitlin: After falling in love with not only the character of Ryan, but Ryan and Mercy together, in the first book it was so nice to see them working together again.

Christine: I have to say, I was kind of hating Mercy in the beginning of the book because she was SO HARD on Ryan about being human. Like it’s his fault f
Melissa-Jane
A fantastic ending to a great series! The writing was poetic and graceful and I particularly liked the way the opening pages were written.
At first I wasn't quite sure how the story would end but as I reached the middle of the book I began to have an inkling of how it might go down and it was a really great ending that went the exact way that I hoped it would.
I was a bit surprised that there was no epic battle in the end between Luc and Michael, but I am glad for it and although Luc wasn't kill
Book Angel Emma
There could be no other ending for this series :D

Please bear in mind that this is the last book in the series and the review may therefore contain spoilers for the previous books.

Let me start by saying that there could have been no other possible ending for his series. Although in some ways it can be seen as predictable the accomplishment in bringing all the elements together for the ending was unexpected and should not be diminished. As I stated in my review of Exile all the clues are placed w
Annie
I was really disappointed. PS: This will contain spoilers so don't keep reading unless you've already read the book or are ready to find out what happened.

First of all, the whininess of Mercy and Ryan got on my nerves after awhile. They're a beautiful couple, sure, but Mercy kept being 'I'm not good enough!' or 'I'll put him into danger!' or 'I'm a monster!' A little too 'Edward Cullen' for my taste. Then Ryan was all, 'No! Stay with me forever!' and 'I'll be your shining compass!' too much like
Kanade
Sep 18, 2012 Kanade added it
Rating: 1 Star

I can hardly believe I used loved this series when it began. What was wrong with me? Fury is by far one of the most cringe worthy books I have read. With its overplayed romance and long multi-paragraphed dialogues, it's a wonder I didn't light the book on fire after I was done. Let me tell you one thing, I love setting things on fire. The way the fire dances around and turns whats under it black, its just so captivating. But I have yet to set a book on fire. I probably won't anytim
Jennifer  Ivy
In the electric conclusion to Mercy's journey, she finds herself in the middle of an impossible situation.
Mercy has been through Hell and back, and just when the thought things were improving, they only seem to get even worse. Not just for her, for her love, Ryan who is only human and in a battle between good and evil, there is a chance at death occurring.

Mercy's journey between this series has not been an easy one. It has been confusing, frustrating, but also life changing full of revelations.
Brodie

Mercy has finally broken free from the curse that's trapped her for thousands of years. She's grown a lot of the course of this series and it was nice to see her finally come into power, filled with the knowledge of who she is, where she's come from and how things have shifted since the day she fell from heaven. She's a girl, an angel, with a purpose; fueled by a need for vengeance, making a stand against a man she once trusted and fighting for her own right to live and love.

Although sh
Tane
I rated the other three books 5 stars, but after reading the shittiest ending ever, I had to rate Fury 2 stars. I was so subdued to this book that I couldn't stop reading! Then the ending happened and ruined the entire series for me! Ryan was so frikken annoying, there was no need for him at all, it felt as if there love was forced by Rebbca Lim. Uriel was always saying that Ryan was slowing them down, he couldn't help, yet Ryan kept staying and getting in the bloody way! Her name was even revea ...more
Booklover6
Contain spoilers!!

Reasons I think this book was a little bit crap:
1. We never actually get to know Mercy's real name (although I looked it up later and I think it's probably (view spoiler)
2. What the hell happened with the war? Has it ended because of Mercy's (dumb!) descision?

WHAT IS GOING ON??

When I first started reading the book I couldn't put it down! I absolutely loved it. I loved how Rebecca Lim writes it in terms of language and it's very descriptive! I admit I wa
Deena Beena
If you've got the third book you'll see the actual cover in the back. (:
Angela L. Clay
Wow, most epic ending ever!

Fury is the final installment of Rebecca's Mercy series and I tell you, what an amazing journey it has been. The whole concept and storyline of Mercy's plight was a joy to experience.

So many twists and turns, so many surprises and secrets. Rebecca's writings are almost poetic as she pulls you along from book to book revealing as she goes how Mercy ended up in these bodies and what she has to battle to survive.

Awesome series, awesome characters that you will fall in lov
Angela
What can I say. This series has been epic, one of a kind even.

Throughout the whole of this series Rebecca has yanked my imagination into another realm of awesomeness. Mercy's struggles and body changes were amazing to say the least. And the ending, hello!

A good series haunts you even when you are awake and Mercy and Ryan were with me at every turn. I will definitely be visiting this series again in the near future.
Caitlings
Very satisfying conclusion to the series! Loved all the Ryan in this book!

Proper review later.

Originally posted at whatchYAreading.net:

Fury marks the end of the Mercy series and the end of one the truly good series of angel books out there:

Caitlin: ALL THE RYAN!!!

Christine: Yes. That sums up all my feelings for Fury nicely.

Christine
Lan (The Write Obsession)
I've been reading a fair few angel books lately because my NaNo novel is about angels and it always gets me curious to know how a writer resolves the angel/human love equation. Unfortunately, I was severely disappointed with the way this book ended and it's a testament to Rebecca Lim's extraordinary way with words that I managed to finish reading this one at all.

The Plot:
I don't think I'm the only reader who has mentioned the anti climatic way Fury ended and how upset it made them after the inc
Mizuki
Pre-review: I'm curious. Will Rebecca Lim finally reveals the true identity of Mercy as...Jesus Christ himself or Sophia (the female side of God)?

It's just a wild guess. ^_^

Actual review here:

Sweet Lord! I'm pissed, I'm so pissed. What had happened to this angel series that shows an amount of potential? This finale of Mercy series is just mind-blowingly underwhelming and silly.

The story of Mercy plays out like this: Mercy is an exiled angel who is doomed to inhabit the bodies of different female
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
This is the final book in the Mercy series, a thrilling end to a fantastic series that was very hard to stop reading.
We come to the battle that the first three books in the series have been working towards, I found the start of the book to be pretty slow going I didn't finish as fast as I did the previous books and I kept picking it up and putting it down even reading another book in-between which I never do, thankfully towards the middle of the book it starts to pick up and we get a bit more ac
Monica
POST SCRIPT to my series review on the Mercy page:
I'm with most of the other reviewers on this one.
The ending was not sufficient and not satisfying.
The romance between Mercy and Ryan got just a bit too emotional, dependent and selfish. (Can anyone give me an Amen?)
The fact that the necessary epilogue was completely missing. (view spoiler)
TheOneAndOnlySam
umm, anyone else find this a let down?? actually i know a lot of people did. Me included. The only reason i read this was so i could find out what happens to Mercy and Ryan and well, i felt like i owed it Aussies to finish it. I did not enjoy this as much as the other books, and frankly, i didn't even enjoy the other books that much. Nothing against Rebecca Lim, but the writing wasn't very good, and the story didn't seem to flow. sorry, but i did not enjoy this series that much.
Bec ♥ Live for the ones you love ♥
I gave this book three stars because I simply couldn't like it as much as the first three in the series. I found myself annoyed at Mercy quite a lot despite not feeling that way much during the other books of the series. I don't know, maybe it's because she was pretending to be someone else the other times. The story line was really quite good with lots of interesting and likable characters but I found the ending, while good, to be a bit underwhelming.
Ivandri Kleynhans
Beautiful ending to a beautiful series!
Alina
Ahh, I’m so torn up about this one. I would really like to give it the whole 5 stars but I just can’t.

I loved, loved the action and the way the plot moved, all those small quests that ended in a great climax and had a cool ending to the series. Finally, mercy and Ryan were working together again instead of barely interacting and we also got to see more of the other Angels though not many questions were answered about them.

But, and this is the main reason for my reduction of a star is the intera
Candice Pletschke
All the books got a 5 star then this one decided to slow down great start jumping into war and everything but still went to slow sorry no offence to Rebecca Lim she is a wonderful aurthor but i ind this story pushed me to my limits and the love triangle really scuked even thro romance got to much and the constant crying and u have to go home ryan but no he is staying i mean really... seroiously he is human wtf can he do against the fallen in an angel battle????
so really from reading the comments
Emma Poole
Big Book Little Book
Helen for Big Book Little Book
Copy Received from publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Please note there are spoilers for the previous three books in this series.

When I read the blurb for this, the forth book in the Fury series, I thought it sounded fascinating. Unfortunately I hadn’t read the other three so I dug out my trusty Kindle and got typing! I devoured the first three books and really enjoyed them. They are pacey and easy to read, I enjoyed the story of Mercy developing as well as
Kelly
Jun 29, 2012 Kelly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: angel
Holy cow that took forever to get through! Right from the beginning i was yawning and fighting my eyelids to stay open and focus. I just couldnt get into this book for a couple reasons:
1. Mercy and Ryan just annoyed me, constantly fighting, Ryan feeling left out because hes not an angel but still insisted on tagging along with Mercy half way across the world and back.. for no reason. He knew he was holding her back because she had to take into consideration his humaness, he knew Lucifer was on
Nadine
Der vierte Band beginnt unmittelbar nach dem Ende des Dritten. Mercy und Ryan befinden sich noch in Mailand und müssen mit Schrecken feststellen, dass es rund um die Stadt einige Naturkatastrophen gegeben hat, in diesem Chaos versuchen sie, eine Freundin aufzusuchen, die außerhalb der Stadt wohnt. Ihre Reise wird sie dann weiter über Japan nach Peru führen und schließlich zum Ausgangspunkt ihrer Reise, nach Paradise, Kalifornien führen.
Das Erzähltempo ist angenehm hoch und viele offene Fragen au
New YA recommendations 2 11 Aug 17, 2012 06:21PM
  • Twisted Heart (Dark Angel, #2)
  • A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Winter's Light (Winter Saga, #2)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Tamlyn (Silvermay, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • A Witch in Love (Winter Trilogy, #2)
  • Dark Heart Surrender (Dark Heart, #3)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • The Telling (Disharmony, #1)
  • Blood Storm (Lharmell, #2)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Guardian (Feather, #2)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
Rebecca Lim is a writer and illustrator based in Melbourne, Australia. She worked as a commercial lawyer for several years before leaving to write full time. Rebecca is the author of sixteen books for children and young adult readers, most recently The Astrologer's Daughter. An Aurealis Awards finalist, Rebecca's work has been longlisted for the Davitt Award for YA, the Gold Inky Award, the David ...more
More about Rebecca Lim...

Mercy (4 books)
  • Mercy (Mercy, #1)
  • Exile (Mercy, #2)
  • Muse (Mercy, #3)
Mercy (Mercy, #1) Exile (Mercy, #2) Muse (Mercy, #3) The Astrologer's Daughter The Sweet Life (Girlfriend Fiction, #7)

“You're my compass, remember? You're here to light my way in the darkness of this world.” 11 likes