Start by marking “Gulliver Travels” as Want to Read:
Gulliver Travels

Gulliver Travels (Gulliver's Travelers novel)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Heartbroken and hungry for a new start, Gulliver Leverenz flees his family, friends, and bastard of an ex-boyfriend in Los Angeles, with his sights set on New York City — a place he’s only ever heard of.

With no money, no job, and no direction, Gully lands in NYC’s hottest gayborhood, Hell’s Kitchen, living with his only friend — fraternity brother and current rising gay ni
Paperback, 1st Edition, 296 pages
Published May 13th 2011 by BoiParty Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gulliver Travels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gulliver Travels

Elisa Rolle
Gulliver Travels is young, funny but not “light”; it’s about a young boy trying to recover from a broken heart in New York City. On an impulse Gulliver left West Hollywood and cheating Graham and came to New York City and best friend Todd.

Todd is living the life of the rich and beautiful, parting each night and changing partner more or less at the same time; if you think that Gulliver, with his broken heart, would be that character moping on the past and not enjoying his lucky star, than you ar
Djrmel
Fun and light read that can turn to dark and serious in a paragraph. There's also a balancing act going on between true life and romantic fiction that is most noticeable with the fairy godfatherlike characters of Todd, the room mate and Sebastian, the website owner. But the places are well described and most of the plot all too believable, making for an interesting if not important read.
Gene
An enjoyably energetic peek into the life of a contemporary, early-20s gay guy who has just moved to NYC and his struggles and triumphs while he navigates the difficult job market and wild nightlife. Some of the characterizations are a little slight, and some of the plot twists are a little unsatisfying, but I can't fault the entertaining rendering of a specific and exciting world.
Alexander Jackman
This book was brilliant. Right on the mark. Realistic, sexy, witty. With a much more complex plot than I expected out of a book marketed for it's "steamy scenes", this book kept me turning the pages until Gulliver's traveling was over.
Chris
Very enjoyable. The characters and story line grab you and don't let go. I couldn't put it down.
Justin
This book is pretty much the definition of a guilty pleasure. I saw it perusing the free rental books from Amazon Prime on my Kindle, and decided to take a look. Numerous sex scenes and implausible plot twists (that almost all involved more sex scenes) later, I had finished and I wasn't quite sure what to think. It was certainly a change from the Song of Ice and Fire books I've been slowly plodding my way through, so for that, I thank the author. It was refreshing to read sex scenes that were pl ...more
mw138
Gulliver Leverenz leaves L.A. to live in New York with his old college friend. He is soon absorbed in the excitement and decadence of the city as he makes friends, collects lovers and lives his life to the fullest. I quite enjoyed this story. It is filled with current pop culture references that readers can instantly relate to. I felt drawn into Gulliver's life and felt as though I was standing by his side during his many adventures. Gulliver Travels is a very entertaining tale of a young man fi ...more
Debra Stalnaker
Wasn't sure what I was getting into, but really enjoyed reading. Could empathize with Gulliver. What a wild and tragic ride.
Jessa Ryan
I'm not sure how to review this one yet... will come back to it
Mattthew
Good, gay and dirty!
Lena♥Ribka
Lena♥Ribka marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Yukanatha Svanidza
Yukanatha Svanidza marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Jennifer R
Jennifer R marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Sandip Mondal
Sandip Mondal marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Kenny Waite
Kenny Waite marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Justin Luke is author of Gulliver Takes Manhattan and its sequel, Gulliver Takes Five.

His newest novella, "Gianni," is now available exclusively on the Kindle.

He has also penned "Time and Time Again," based on the TV Series "The Vampire Diaries. It is also available exclusively on the Kindle as a part of their Kindle Worlds program.

He is also the Co-Director and Head Promoter of the New York-Base
More about Justin Luke Zirilli...

Gulliver's Travelers (5 books)
  • Brayden's Sweet Revenge
  • Marty's Big Break
  • Chase's Neverending Night
  • Todd's Major Meltdown
  • Servando and Rowan's Random Reunion
Gulliver Takes Manhattan Gulliver Takes Five The Last Ones Gianni Brayden's Sweet Revenge