Start by marking “Tyler's Ultimate: Brilliant Simple Food to Make Any Time” as Want to Read:
Tyler's Ultimate: Brilliant Simple Food to Make Any Time

Tyler's Ultimate: Brilliant Simple Food to Make Any Time

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  2,066 ratings  ·  30 reviews
The popular Food Network chef presents a selection of more than 125 sophisticated but accessible dishes, with recipes that range from Crisp Chicken Wings with Chile-Lime Butter to Grilled Eggplant with Lemon, Yogurt, Pomegranate, and Mint, along with tast
Title: Tyler's Ultimate
Author: Florence, Tyler
Publisher: Random House Inc
Publication Date: 2006/09/26
Number of Pages: 25...more
Published September 26th 2006 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Tyler's Ultimate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyler's Ultimate

The Joy of Cooking by Irma S. RombauerHow To Cook Everything by Mark BittmanBetter Homes and Gardens New Cook Book by Better Homes and GardensMastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia ChildMy Greek Traditional Cook Book 1 by Anna Othitis
Best Cookbooks
117th out of 836 books — 838 voters
Mom's Island Bakens by Martha Char LoveGluten Free Slow Cooker by F.L. CloverThe Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook  by Cheryl DayBarefoot Contessa Back to Basics by Ina GartenThe Silver Palate Cookbook by Julee Rosso
All-Time Favorite Cookery Books
41st out of 85 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Nathaniel
I had high hopes for this book after seeing Tyler make an absolutely mouth-watering looking fried chicken on his program. When someone bought this off my Amazon wishlist later on, I was hoping that we would at least have that one recipe, plus a whole lot of other good ones. I was wrong. The recipes in this book are awful. Many are flat out inedible (macaroni and cheese topped with onions and peas comes readily to mind), and few have obviously been tested before publication. The directions for mo...more
Jennifer Koleske mcwilliams
make the cauliflower soup in this book. It is amazing. Don't forget the topping for it.
Lori
My sister gave this cookbook to my dad for Christmas one year. He must not have tried to make anything from it or he would not have given it to me! I have made several things from it and have not had a failure yet.

The ingredients are all easy to find and the recipes delicious. I've made dishes from it for my dad and he has asked where I got the recipe. I laugh when I tell him they all came from the book he rejected and sent my way!

This cookbook won't let you down.
Ariel Celeste
While I generally despise the idea of the celebrity chef, I have used the Delaware County Public Library to explore the world a bit. While Tyler's book has absolutely nothing vegan going on, I did pick up some great tips and learn of new foods that I look forward to experimenting with. Here's a few: Carmelized onions w/ olives, buttered cabbage and carmelized apples; fenugreek in a vinaigarette; and quince paste. YUM!
Catherine Woodman
In my heavy FoodChannel viewing days I was never a very big fan of his--he does ahve a really nice flair with pulling fairly inexperienced cooks through a meal that they hope to pull off--sometimes bringing the menu down to earth and making it very easy to follow--and the cookbook reflects this talent--I would recommend it for someone who wants to make a few simple things but has no talent in the kitchen.
Morgan
Jun 02, 2009 Morgan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
I love this cookbook. Tyler is one of my fav's on the Food Network. He seems to make food more, well, approachable. His meals are always beautiful and "fancy", but it's nothing more than good quality, fresh ingredients prepared in innovative ways. I've made and loved so many receipes in this book. Each time I look through it, I chide myself for not having made more of them. A great find for cooks.
allison
Jun 21, 2007 allison rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: chefs
This cook book is fantastic. I have a major crush on Tyler. And I love everything that he makes. He keeps things simple yet creative. A lot of his recipes are old school italian cooking with a hint of modern flare. He is a big fan of procuitto and so am I. He also does a lot of sweet/savory dishes which are great for your taste buds.
Ashley Katsuyama
This book is full of beautiful pictures, and written in a very approachable way. The only reason I didn't give it a higher rating is that I found that many of the recipes didn't come out as tasty as I would have expected from Tyler. A lot of effort goes into most recipes to impart flavor, and many fell short of the desired result.
Liz
This went back to the library yesterday. We made the crab salad with avocado and the shrimp bisque, and every night Charles and I would have the same conversation:

Me: Do you want the shrimp bisque for dinner?
C: Not really...
Me: Yeah, me either...

The food wasn't bad, per se, but we didn't want to eat it. Ever.

Andrea
This is a great companion piece to his tv show of the same name. Tyler Florence takes his favorite dishes (mac and cheese, spaghetti with clams, fried chicken, etc) and kicks them up a notch. The pictures alone are worth the money and the recipes look fairly easy- nothing too pretentious here.
Missy
I thought that this one was going to end up as one of my enjoyable-to-skim-but-not-really-going-to-make-anything-from-it cookbooks, and then I hit the dessert section. My post-it note bookmarks are entirely clustered there and they're rather crowded.
Ryon
Another amazing cookbook in the "quick and easy" vein. My favorite recipe in this book is the one-pot ratatouille recipe. When a potluck comes around I invariably get asked to cook it. This book makes you feel like a pro in no time at all!
Marianne
I've already covered the fact that I'm a cookbook geek. These recipes LOOK too hard for me! I enjoyed the book, the photography was beautiful and the presentation was impeccable. I just won't use it.
Barbara
3.8 but not 4 (because if it were 4 I'd have to go buy it. Got it from the library). I copied several recipes and particularly look foward to making Lemon Curry Chicken and The Ultimate Baked Beans.
Samantha P
I have made some of the most fabulous meals from this book. And he is the son-in-law of a friend of mine, so I'm pushing this one ;) Great photos, beautiful book - I have it right on my counter!
Tanya Marie
I love Tyler's recipes - simple goodness if you ask me. Of course you put his cutie pie face on the cover of a book and I'm there ... honestly excellent recipes!
Ian
It 's better than two stars, and there are some really nice recipes here, but they are certainly not the ultimate. Find it in a discount bin? Snap it up
Bridget
Beautiful cookbook and the recipes look like they are the ultimate! Still need an autograph for this one. Tyler, please answer my requests! :)
Janel Warner
Everything looks so yummy, easy and not a lot of ingredients. I love his spaghetti and meatballs. I make them about once a month.
Cheryl Schibley
Try the Ultimate Spaghetti and Meatballs on Page 172. Full of beautiful food pics too. Very Good!
Cassandra
I love this cookbook! The sea scallop recipe is my favorite. I highly recommend this cookbook.
Trish
I have a humongous crush on Tyler Florence. And I'm not ashamed.
Mary Hattum
Some of my favorite recipes! Great Pictures! So Soulful.
Beka
Really great recipes with yummy looking pics.
Sara
Love this book! Great recipes that I use weekly.
Agnes
Chocolate Banana Bread & Spicy Cole Slaw
Angela Haygood
Great book the Mac & Cheese is serious!
Callie
Great and impressive food!
Natalie Olsen
Got this for Christmas
Jane
Apr 21, 2009 Jane rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cooks
One of the our go-to cookbooks in the Hahn household. Never steers us wrong, easy, simple directions and well put together meals that make you look like the pro. Great gift to others who like to cook and are confident in the kitchen.
  • Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook: Explosive Flavors from the Southwestern Kitchen
  • Food Network Favorites
  • Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
  • The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life
  • The Bon Appetit Cookbook: Fast Easy Fresh
  • Get Togethers: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals
  • Molto Italiano: 327 Simple Italian Recipes to Cook at Home
  • The Naked Chef Takes Off
  • Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: An All-American Road Trip . . . with Recipes!
  • Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook
  • Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook
  • My New Orleans: The Cookbook
  • The Homesick Texan Cookbook
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Barefoot Contessa: How Easy Is That?
  • Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented
  • Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home
Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An indespensible guide for anybody who likes to cook Eat This Book: Cooking with Global Fresh Flavors Tyler's Ultimate: Dinner at My Place Start Fresh: Your Child's Jump Start to Lifelong Healthy Eating Tyler Makes Pancakes!