Start by marking “Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)” as Want to Read:
Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)

Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril #7)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  277 ratings  ·  55 reviews
As a travel escort for seniors, Emily Andrew-Miceli has led her feisty Iowa clan all over the world. This time, they're off to see historic windmills, classic Rembrandts, and picturesque canals in Holland - if they can ever unplug from their smartphones, that is. Joining them is the high school class from Bangor, Maine, whose 50th reunion celebration goes south faster than ...more
Published 2012 by Midnight Ink, Llewellyn Worldwide

To ask other readers questions about Dutch Me Deadly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dutch Me Deadly

Chris
Crossposted at Booklikes.

This was a kindle freebie. I am conflicted a bit about this book. In some ways, it was a bit too stereotypical in the “old folks discover the internet but still spin out folksy wisdom” type of a way. But there is something charming about the mystery.

This is 7th in the series, but I haven’t read the others. It was easy enough to get into for a newbie The premise is Emily runs a travel group/agency and murders happen when she goes on trips to places. The main customers se
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Tour guide Emily Miceli returns to us with her dozen senior citizens in exciting Amsterdam, Holland. As per usual her group only takes up a bit of the bus, so they are joining a reunion group from Bangor, Maine.

As you will remember, this series is filled with laughter and bodies and this latest novel doesn't disappoint in the least.

Added to the reality of time passing is our beloved seniors discovering the art of 'texting.' It is Emily who needs to step up and join the 21st Century! When the h
Babs
The above blurb says it all. If I say too much more it might give the story away. I love the series and was sad when the books stopped. When I talked to Maddy, as I am sure most of us emailed her wanting to find out information, she told me the series might be picked up again from another publisher. I am glad it did. Someone finally notices the series is worth while read. Before, it was not getting the close attention and dedication it deserved and now it is.

I have read all the books in the ser
Versel Rush
One of the best recent cozy series was the Passport to Peril mysteries by Maddy Hunter. Unfortunately, after her sixth book years ago, her publisher unexpectedly pulled the plug and the exploits of Emily and her band of Iowan senior citizens seemed lost to the ages. Until this year when Midnight Ink signed Hunter to a new contract and Dutch Me Deadly brought our intrepid world travelers back for more exotic locations, laughs, and, oh yes, murders.

As the title suggests, this time Emily, Nana, Geo
Leslie
While I think the premise of a tour group of seniors is clever, I found these characters not very realistic and all too similar to each other.

The murder plot was good, with plenty of clues to the solution without making it obvious.
Elizabeth
I judged this book by it's cover and found it's insides just didn't measure up. There were a lot of loony characters, mostly seniors, who resembled the Estelle Getty character on Golden Girls. But all seniors aren't ditzes and dimwits. I lost patience with the one dimensional characters quickly.
Jan
I am so glad that this series is back! It is such an enjoyable cast of characters in well-written plot lines that keep me guessing as well as entertained. Thanks, Maddy Hunter!
Marilyn
A senior citizens group from Iowa and a Catholic high school 50 year reunion group from Maine are on a tour of the Netherlands together. Do you have that elderly, probably female, relative who says exactly what she thinks at family events and horror of horrors in public as well? There are some hilarious lines in this book. Do you know the reputation of Amsterdam with regard to drugs and sex? What a mix! All sorts of trouble ensues. The ending is unpredictable. I like mysteries with unpredictable ...more
Marie
This review was originally posted on my blog, Ramblings of a Daydreamer. You can find it, and many more reviews at the blog.

I’d like to preface this review with a little back-story. I discovered the Passport to Peril series several years ago, loved it, and read all the books very quickly. I was so sad when the series ended, because it felt like saying goodbye to old friends. A few months ago, I was writing a post about top 10 books/series more people should know about, and I wanted to include th
Jan
Hooray, Emily Andrew (Miceli) is FINALLY back on tour with her Iowan seniors. This time they are touring the Netherlands, but Nana and the rest of the crew seem more absorbed in their smart phones than the scenery. Joining them is a group of class reunioners from Maine. But this group is hardly celebrating, as a matter of fact they can hardly stand each other. Add to that a cranky tour guide who talks to everyone as if they are children and you just know this tour bus is in the fast lane to trou ...more
Paul Lunger
The first entry in the Passport to Peril mystery series in 5 years is a treat & then some. The series follows travel escort Emily Andrew-Miceli & her group of seniors as they travel around the world. This entry takes the seniors to Amsterdam along with a 50th class reunion from Bangor, Maine. The trip starts out relatively smoothly save the seniors themselves who won't disconnect from their electronic devices & is full of sarcasm & jokes that will have you laughing your head off. ...more
Kathy Moberg
Maddy Hunter sustains a manic pace in this humorous mystery. I wish a bit more time was spent on the travel experiences. I also found some of the conversations tedious. More attention to the regular characters would have been fun. However, I'm glad to see this series is back again, and it was pretty much what I was expecting -- a goofy, fluffy, amusing mystery.
Susan
Emily is chaperoning her group of Iowan seniors, including her beloved Nana, on a trip through the Netherlands when their irritating tour leader walks in front of a bicycle--with fatal results. Emily naturally sees murder, considering her past experiences, and the tour company provides a new guide, whom the Iowans had used in the past. Also on the tour are members of a high school 50th reunion gathering, who have many grievances dating back fifty years. When two of their number die, it seems cle ...more
Sandy
Emily is so annoying. She always jumps to conclusion about everything.(view spoiler) She's also too nosy. If I were with the other group, I would not feel comfortable having her around playing cops interrogating everyone about everything based on her assumption. No surprise, they don't want to talk to her.

I like Nana and the gang more than her. The
Serena
My Rating System:
* couldn't finish, ** wouldn't recommend, *** would recommend, **** would read again, ***** have read again
Karla
Dec 25, 2014 Karla added it
No thank you.
Kaye
Kind of fun - author has a sense of humor but mystery is a little lacking in plausibility. Way too many dead bodies! Story takes place in the Netherlands with a bunch of seniors from Iowa and Maine on a tour. One of the places they visited was Oostende- site of the Atlantic Wall constructed by the Nazis in WWII. I thought that was so interesting, I spent time on google looking it up. Would probably read another in Passport to Peril series but not rushing into it.
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
A very solid mystery with too many twists and turns to keep up with and by the end of the story I had no idea who did it, until it was revealed. The same cast of loony characters as in the previous 6 books, getting into typically loony situations. I'm still not a fan of Emily jumping to unfounded conclusions constantly, but it fades away in the face of the rest of the loveable cast. I look forward to more adventures.
Chi Dubinski
The Passport to Peril series, featuring Emily Andrew, guarantees to make you laugh out loud. Every one has been a winner. In Dutch me deadly, Emily and her group of senior citizens from Iowa tour Amsterdam and meet up with a group celebrating a class reunion from Bangor, Maine. First, the obnoxious tour leader is killed in a suspicious bicycle accident. Then two of the Iowans go missing. A great fun read.
Janelle
The Passport to Peril mysteries are funny, lighthearted and easy to read and Dutch Me Deadly was no exception. Maddy Hunter allows the reader to learn a little about the locations of her books, and delivers a well written mystery and likeable, funny characters at the same time. There is nothing earth shattering or new here, but if you enjoy these type of books, this series is a must.
Ceil Garrison
Good solid cozy mystery. Just found this 'Perils" series recently. The only critique I can make is that Ms. Hunter introduced so many people during the first few chapters that it left me going back or highlighting characters so I could remember who they were. But I'm glad I found the series because I want to read more. I'm an avid reader and enjoy mysteries and action/adventure stores best.
Melanie Smith
The Iowans are back! I just can't get enough of these characters and now, now they have discovered the world of "texting". Of course, their adventures are not complete unless someone disappears or murdered.
I love this series and I cannot wait until the next one! If you love a cozy mystery filled with lots of laughs and "adventures", then this series is just for you!
Pat
This was a somewhat amusing book; nothing tremendous, but I'd read another by this author. The situations the elderly tour members get into are sometimes funny; I can often see similar things happening to me. On the other hand, I didn't really care much about any of the characters. And the tour bus driver was such a poor driver, I couldn't imagine his having such a job.
Twyla
I've never read any of this series and found I didn't need to have any extra info to follow along. Liked that. Downloaded for free on Amazon so thanks for that. The banter was like a clown car that keeps unloading. Found it odd though that nana didn't know what a glockenspiel was considering everything else. The phones and glasses and chocolate cake were the best parts.
Amy
This was such a fun book. I had a lovely time with the crazy tour members and was constantly laughing. Being that this is the 7th in the series, and I HATE reading books out of order, I felt I was missing a bit. Thankfully the library has all the previous books so I can catch up with Emily and the gang before I read the 8th one. I'm so glad Midnight Ink picked up this series!
Kelley
Such a wonderful return to this series. I am so glad the author, Maddy Hunter, was able to revive the series and bring Emily and her crazy tour group back to readers. I really enjoyed the story, dialogue and mystery in this one. It seems the time away has been good to the characters and the author and the readers benefit from it all. Welcome Back Emily and gang!
Kimberly
A little cheesy (and the things the old people get up to are really too much at times), but a nice, light murder mystery. I enjoyed the earlier books more because of the ongoing romance with Etienne, who didn't have a very big role in this book. It sounds like he may be along for the trip in the next one, so I will read on. Glad she has continued the series.
Judy
Combine texting senior citizens on a bus tour of the Netherlands with a high school reunion filled with undercurrents of old high school rivalries and people dropping (and disappearing) like flies, and you have a quick and fun read. It's books like this which made me look around on my first bus tour in Europe and wonder who the murder victim would be!
Kathy Rogers
I chose this book for two reasons - it was available from the library for the Kindle and it was populated with a group of tourists from Iowa. It wasn't bad, it just didn't have any depth. This could have taken place just about anywhere in the world, they just so happened to be in the Netherlands. I never did become engaged.
Eridanus Darryl
One of those quirky cozy mysteries I love. I'm tracking down earlier works.

A former tour guide, again a tour guide (there was a tornado...), with her usual, unique, and crazy-making crew of senior citizens from Iowa (she specializes...) go to the Netherlands. Where the body count begins.

Enjoy!!!
  • Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Dog River Blues (Wes Darling Mystery, #2)
  • Overdue for Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #2)
  • Dial C For Chihuahua (Barking Detective #1)
  • The Cart Before the Corpse
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #3)
  • Death on Tour (Jocelyn Shore, #1)
  • Murder, Money & Marzipan (A Lexy Baker Bakery Mystery #3)
  • For Better, For Murder
  • At Large (Josephine Fuller, #3)
  • Cooking Spirits (Angie Amalfi, #15)
  • California Schemin' (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #2)
  • Dolled Up For Murder (Gretchen Birch, #1)
  • A Very Private Grave (Monastery Murders, #1)
  • Murder Half-Baked
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Let Us Prey (Gotcha Detective Agency Mysteries, #1)

Passport to Peril (10 books)
  • Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1)
  • Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2)
  • Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3)
  • Hula Done It? (Passport to Peril, #4)
  • G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril,  #5)
  • Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6)
  • Bonnie of Evidence (Passport to Peril, #8)
  • Fleur de Lies (Passport to Peril, #9)
  • From Bad to Wurst (Passport to Peril #10)
Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1) Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2) Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3) Hula Done It? (Passport to Peril, #4) G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril,  #5)