Start by marking “Pints and Purls: Portable Projects for the Social Knitter” as Want to Read:

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Recipes for tasty cocktails and delicious hors d'oeuvres are not the only things that you-ll find in Pints and Purls. For the social knitter who likes to have one drink (or a few!), there are a variety of portable projects such as drink cozies and soft scarves that feature simple-to-follow patterns, plus tips and tricks for fixing mistakes should you have a bit too much wh ...more
Unknown Binding, 162 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Northlight (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Pints and Purls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pints and Purls

Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
This is a rad book full of very cool/interesting projects. I will probably make a few things. Liked that on page 54 the chick with beer cans in her hair as curlers.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Some really interesting projects in here, a few newer ideas. The pages are not glossy which makes it easier to read a pattern under direct light but also makes the book less durable.
RH Walters
None of the patterns appealed to me in this book, except for the bellywarmer, whose pattern I couldn't make work drinking or sober. Yes, I'm bitter.
Tabitha Beck
Carrie
While I do not think I would ever be bold enough to knit in a bar, I really like several of the patterns in this book and think that the tips are helpful. I could see myself working on some of these projects on the bus or other places where space is tight. The pictures are also quite nice and give a good idea of what the finished project will look like.
Katywhumpus
Update - I actually did read through most of this book. The knitting designs are nothing special and I will probably never knit any of them. The overall book design was done well (but the wood grain background on the pages sometimes made it difficult to read) and some of the tips and techniques were quite relevant (how to get different types of drink stains out of your knitting for instance). But, I was disappointed the theme wasn't carried as far as it could have been in the actual writing. The ...more
Rat de bibliothèque
I found out this book from one of the authors herself, Libby Bruce, Co-owner of WonderKnit in Columbus, Ohio.

The book includes some great patterns. Popular with the drunken ravelers on ravelry is the "drunken sweater", which many members cannot wait to begin knitting.

I myself, cannot wait to begin on a wrap that is within the first pages that was designed by Karida Collins.

And if you're ever in Columbus I'm sure Libby would be more than happy to sign your book if you'd like. Just look for the la
Johnida
This is definitely the hippest knitting book I own. Thankfully, Patrick has an eye for beer pints, even while wandering through the knitting store in Mesa. I like the authors' rating system, using something akin to "You can drink lots of beer and still knit this" for easier patterns, to "One beer limit or you'll really botch it" ratings for harder ones (symbolized by pint symbols, etc. in the book). There are some cute sweaters I have my eye on for future projects.
Lisa
Not a whole lot of actual beer talk here, mostly just knitting. There are enough desirable projects to justify the book purchase though. What with free access to patterns on the web and easy purchase of individual patterns via Ravelry, etc., it takes some doing to get me to commit to a book of patterns. This one is fun though, and has some great and newish looking pattern ideas (six-pack holder, my next knitted Christmas gift!)
Lisa Diven
This is a fun knitting book with a variety of funky projects (socks, sweaters, scarfs, beer cozy, wine bottle sweater, six-pack carrier, etc.). I completed the "Hangover Lap Blanket" and displayed it on Ravelry. I may start a pints and purls knitting club of my own.
Catherine
I love this knitting book. Even better they have put a cute twist on the level of difficulty by level of intoxication. I was surprised to find out after purchasing 5 copies (4 for gifts and 1 for me) that one of the authors owns a local yarn shop in Columbus.
Val
This book was cute. I doubt I'll ever make any of the patterns in the books, but it contained some helpful tips on fixing mistakes due to booze. I liked the rating system of difficulty by # of beers. Personally, I've given up trying to knit drunk.
Abbey
Some fun patterns and it was pretty neat to read about knitting in bars (I only came close when I had a timeline to finish a project and was knitting while tailgating at a Phillies game)
SallyHP
I love this book so far! Fun and funky patterns that aren't too out there...stuff I'll actually make and love for myself and my friends.
jenny scott
it's fun to read and full of helpful tips and tricks! like how to pick up dropped stitches!
Lucy
This book is SO fun! Great for a group of friends that enjoy knitting.
Kerry
This one is okay. Cute stuff for when you need a quick fix :)
Katie
Great patterns. Love the layout
Erin Brandeberry
Erin Brandeberry marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Ferin
Ferin added it
Mar 09, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015