Start by marking “Muumit: Sarjakuvaklassikot III” as Want to Read:
Muumit: Sarjakuvaklassikot III

Muumit: Sarjakuvaklassikot III (Moomins Comic Strip #3)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  627 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Naiset ja miehet ajattelevat eri lailla, ja uuden rakkauden hurma voittaa vanhan rutiinit. Tältä ainakin näyttää, kun Muumipeikko rakastuu. Ilmastonmuutos toi jo kauan sitten Muumilaaksoon Viidakkoelämää – onneksi vain hetkeksi. Sarjakuvassa Muumipeikko ja marsilaiset vieraanvarainen muumiperhe tekee parhaansa, jotta tulokas ulkoavaruudesta kokisi olonsa kodikkaaksi. Muumi ...more
Published 2010 by WSOY (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Muumit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muumit

Nikki
I saw two stuffed Moomins in the window of a shop in Plymouth when I was there for Seth Lakeman's pieces with the BBC orchestra. That reignited an old love I had for them. I got this from the library today -- the first volume wasn't in, but I've now reserved it, ha! It's so cute, and often quite funny -- I mean, they're Moomins, but they're just, oh, people. Like Moominpappa wanting to move away to a lighthouse to write a novel and then finding out that it isn't what he wanted at all, and Snorkm ...more
LJ
This volume contains definitive canonical proof that Moomins are not hippos.
Inna Komarovsky
Description: Moomin is the main character, and also that's the species of what they are. Moomin has a wife named Snorkmaiden, and there's also Moomin Pappa and Moomin Mamma. They all live in Moominvalley. They look like hippos, but they're not. Moomin and Snorkmaiden sometimes get mad at each other. They're all kind of silly and dopey, and the meet different strange characters. Moomin Mamma gets flustered and stressed out by things, Moomin Pappa gets grand ideas or sees himself as a cool gentlem ...more
Artnoose Noose
Another good anthology of the Moomin comics. I really liked the "Moomin Falls In Love" one, and actually I found it interesting that this story and a few of the other ones had all these situations where people made big deals about things because they thought that was what they were supposed to do. Moomin "protecting" his girlfriends when he was really himself scared; Snorkmaiden begrudgingly putting herself into one perilous situation after another because she thought that what would make Moomin ...more
Julian Meynell
This is the third in the comic strip. Personally, I think that Tove Jansson's least important work is in her comic strips. The format of a daily newspaper strip was not suited to her particular form of genius. Having said that, while the quality of the work here varies quite a bit. The War of the Worlds spoof is probably the weakest, the whole thing is a delight. The most interesting bit is when they go to a lighthouse, because that work is a first pass at the material in Moominpappa at Sea, whi ...more
Sara Forsberg
Volume 3 of this fantastic comic strip collection is my favorite so far - it has some of my all-time favorite Moomin stories, such as when Moominpappa moves the family to a lighthouse, and when Moominvalley becomes a jungle. Amazing.
Kim
Perfect parent and child, read-aloud collection.
Heather Fryling
Moomin is just delightful.
Cecilia
I love the moomins and Tove's fantastic artwork <3
Tripmastermonkey
weird, weird, weird. "Indeed you are the most idiotic family I ever saw- but you are at least LIVING every minute of the day!"- from the character Stinky.

characters that look like hippos, but are actually Moomins (as becomes clear in the story about the zoo). shifting landscapes, and silly adventures from a mid 1950's comic strip. these strips are long narratives, and aren't something you just breeze through (relatively speaking for comics), but take time to appreciate.
Brittany
This third volume sealed the deal, Moomin is great!
Robert
A very charming all ages 1950s comic strip from Swedish artist Tove Jansson that apparently has been well known to much of the world all these years, but is just now being presented for Canadian and US readers, thanks to the sterling efforts of Montreal's Drawn & Quarterly Publications. Jansson's art is deceptively simple and her stories are quite imaginative and funny. I just can't imagine anyone who enjoys newspaper strip comics being disappointed in this excellent work.
James Gowdey
jansson's work is like nothing else i've come across - wonderfully odd dialogue and characters, most of the time without punchlines. i'd never read the comics before - only the short stories as a kid, and the charm and general "what ho" of these is impossible not to like.
Raisu
I love Tove Jansson. Her stories are so fantastic and weird and her drawings so endlessly interesting. And how does she make the the very simply drawn Moomins so expressive? Bonus points for the cutest little Martian Man ever.
scarlettraces
every time i read one of these, i'm struck by how goddam *perfect* they are. sly, adult, childish, witty and stupidly funny. they sit on top of my art books/large comic books pile so i can pat them every so often.
MB (What she read)
Delightful! It is such a joy to see more of Tove Jansson's art displayed in her whimsical and ironic comic series. She had such a lovely way with a line.
Anjana
i grew up with the moomintroll books, never knew there was a comic. sort of like growing up eating banana bread and then finding out about muffins.
Eric Orchard
This book is brilliant. I was expecting something inferior to the Moomin novels but that's not the case at all. Amazing stuff for all ages.
Ben Baker
Wonderfully dour and satirical in a way akin to Flook by Trog and nothing like the creepy / boring cartoons of my youth.
E.J. Matze
Mar 03, 2010 E.J. Matze marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I always thought these very intriguing to look at, but somehow never managed to get a glimpse inside "Moomin".
Lusitarius
If you like Moomin-books, you'll love Moomin-comics! They're hilarious and welldone. <3
Susan
The Moomin comics are so weird and yet I can't stop reading them. I don't understand.
Connie
I don't get the appeal of this comic strip/ graphic novel.
Nnedi
All the Moomin books are like good chocolate.
Emily
the moomins make me smile lots.
Martina
Martina marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
  • Red Colored Elegy
  • King-Cat Classix
  • Elena
  • Fair Weather
  • Nemi - Vol. 1 (Nemi, #1)
  • Klezmer, Book One: Tales of the Wild East
  • West Coast Blues
  • The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 6: 1961-1962
  • Micrographica
Tove Jansson was born and died in Helsinki, Finland. As a Finnish citizen whose mother tongue was Swedish, she was part of the Swedish-speaking Finns minority. Thus, all her books were originally written in Swedish.

Although known first and foremost as an author, Tove Jansson considered her careers as author and painter to be of equal importance.

Tove Jansson wrote and illustrated her first Moomin
More about Tove Jansson...

Moomins Comic Strip (8 books)
  • Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 1
  • Moomin, Vol. 2
  • Moomin, Vol. 4
  • Moomin, Vol. 5
  • Moomin, Vol. 7
  • Moomin, Vol. 6
  • Moomin, Vol. 8
Finn Family Moomintroll (The Moomins, #3) The Summer Book The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1) Comet in Moominland (The Moomins, #2) Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)