Start by marking “The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #5)” as Want to Read:
The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #5)

The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition #5)

Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are in San Francisco, home of the biggest Chinatown outside of Asia! Their tour guide, Holden, is going to take them to the famous Chinese New Year parade. Best of all, Holden's girlfriend, Lily, is Miss Chinatown. She gets to ride a giant float and wear a crown! But during the parade, Lily goes missing, and so does the crown. The police think Hol ...more
Published November 22nd 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The New Year Dragon Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Year Dragon Dilemma

Alex Baugh
It is their February school break and Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are lucky enough to be in San Francisco with Dink's father, Mr. Duncan. And best of all, it is the beginning of Chinese New Year. Since Mr. Duncan has business to take care of, he has hired a young college student to take the kids sightseeing. Holden Wong comes complete with a three-wheeled buggy to pedal the kids around San Francisco.

First up is a trip the the famous San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf to see the sights there, especial
Dolly
Apr 28, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We have loved the A to Z Mysteries series and have read them all. We love that Mr. Roy has written several extra "Super Edition" stories with the same characters. Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose feel like old friends to us.

This was a fun story with a Chinese theme and takes the friends to San Francisco. I loved showing our girls the places I've visited on the map in the book. The story does a good job explaining about some of the more popular tourist sites in the city. I enjoyed showing our girls the
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). The super editions are lengthier and more satisfying. I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I c
Michelle Bridges
Cute mystery for middle elementary school readers. Simple adventure mystery where the three kids try to help clear their friend Holden's name when he is accused of stealing the Chinese New Year princess's crown. They follow clues and travel around the town to solve the crime. Simple, fun not scary at all. 2nd-4th graders maybe? Also there is a hidden message in the pictures which is fun too.
Jnase1
Sep 29, 2013 Jnase1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first A to Z Mysteries book I've read and I really enjoyed it. It was a little less complicated than the Cam Jansen books and Nate the Great books I've read. The size of the print and the fact that the text is double spaced made the book easy and quick to read, which should appeal to beginner and reluctant readers both. I also liked the extra mystery of finding the hidden letters in the illustrations for one final secret message. The story wasn't too long or complicated to read, but ...more
Gary Petersen
Apr 20, 2015 Gary Petersen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book was a great book.
I liked it because it had action.
I recommend this book for ages seven to one hundred and seven years old!
Marlee
Jan 04, 2015 Marlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great kids book. Both of my children (ages 10 and 7) really enjoyed it. The characters in this series are great for young children to read about.
Tyra
Apr 27, 2014 Tyra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alex-2014
Alex loved this one, she is a huge fan of mysteries. She also loved that it took place in SF
Emmet Miles
Jun 18, 2014 Emmet Miles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lets go down, lets go down,lets go down to chinatown somewhere.STOLEN RUBY!
Oliver James
May 05, 2015 Oliver James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very mysterious. Love it.
Gina
I Liked it
Emelia
May 24, 2015 Emelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-read
Great detective work Josh, Dink and Ruth Rose. Loved the location as well.
Kaytee
Oct 19, 2015 Kaytee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
they were going to San Francisco. they went to a restraunt then dink saw a man that was calling on the phone and a picture pf a sail boat then a parade started then the queen diapearred they found her but they thonk that the couple just did a act did they or did they not.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when lily was supposed to be mrs.chinatown and she throws candy and gets to ride a big giant balloon and lily goes missing the police officers and dink and his friends follow they find lily in a box and they have know idea who did that to lily.
Brenda
Apr 10, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very well told story, cute and realistic at the same time. You have to put aside your thoughts that children of this age should never be allowed to go places alone to enjoy this book. I sure wish the word inside this book, existed.
Laura Smith
Feb 12, 2013 Laura Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Another fun Ron Roy mystery. This time Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose head to San Francisco and learn some of the traditions of Chinese New Year while chasing the thief who stole the giant ruby.
Lauren Jenkins
Jan 02, 2012 Lauren Jenkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aidan-teague
It's always a treat to read a new A to Z Mystery with my kids. The super editions are fun because they're longer and have the hidden message - I just wish Ron Roy wrote them faster!
Heidi
Jul 11, 2012 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this with my sons, and we loved it. Another great Ron Roy book.
Neha
Jun 30, 2013 Neha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
spectacular
Ayla
Ayla rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Madix
Madix rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Peter Traynor
Peter Traynor rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Serious Bear
Serious Bear rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Parth
Parth rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • Zap! I'm A Mind Reader
  • Stolen Secrets
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • Baby Bequest (Billionaires and Babies, #4)
  • I Was a Third Grade Science Project
  • Be Glad Your Nose Is on Your Face: And Other Poems: Some of the Best of Jack Prelutsky
  • Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (My Weirder School, #1)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition (8 books)
  • Detective Camp (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #1)
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
  • White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)
  • Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)
  • The Castle Crime (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition, #6)
  • Operation Orca (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #7)
  • Secret Admirer: (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #8)