The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)

The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition #5)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are in San Francisco, home of the biggest Chinatown outside of Asia! Their tour guide, Holden, is going to take them to the famous Chinese New Year parade. Best of all, Holden's girlfriend, Lily, is Miss Chinatown. She gets to ride a giant float and wear a crown! But during the parade, Lily goes missing, and so does the crown. The police think Hol...more
Published November 22nd 2011 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 1st 2011)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4.0 or better rating
100th out of 280 books — 39 voters
The Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled HosseiniThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Books That I Rated "5 Stars"
264th out of 383 books — 50 voters

More lists with this book...

Alex Baugh
It is their February school break and Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are lucky enough to be in San Francisco with Dink's father, Mr. Duncan. And best of all, it is the beginning of Chinese New Year. Since Mr. Duncan has business to take care of, he has hired a young college student to take the kids sightseeing. Holden Wong comes complete with a three-wheeled buggy to pedal the kids around San Francisco.

First up is a trip the the famous San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf to see the sights there, especial...more
Michelle Bridges
Cute mystery for middle elementary school readers. Simple adventure mystery where the three kids try to help clear their friend Holden's name when he is accused of stealing the Chinese New Year princess's crown. They follow clues and travel around the town to solve the crime. Simple, fun not scary at all. 2nd-4th graders maybe? Also there is a hidden message in the pictures which is fun too.
Dolly
Apr 28, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We have loved the A to Z Mysteries series and have read them all. We love that Mr. Roy has written several extra "Super Edition" stories with the same characters. Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose feel like old friends to us.

This was a fun story with a Chinese theme and takes the friends to San Francisco. I loved showing our girls the places I've visited on the map in the book. The story does a good job explaining about some of the more popular tourist sites in the city. I enjoyed showing our girls the...more
Jnase1
This was the first A to Z Mysteries book I've read and I really enjoyed it. It was a little less complicated than the Cam Jansen books and Nate the Great books I've read. The size of the print and the fact that the text is double spaced made the book easy and quick to read, which should appeal to beginner and reluctant readers both. I also liked the extra mystery of finding the hidden letters in the illustrations for one final secret message. The story wasn't too long or complicated to read, but...more
Tyra
Alex loved this one, she is a huge fan of mysteries. She also loved that it took place in SF
Emmet Miles
Lets go down, lets go down,lets go down to chinatown somewhere.STOLEN RUBY!
Sydney
when lily was supposed to be mrs.chinatown and she throws candy and gets to ride a big giant balloon and lily goes missing the police officers and dink and his friends follow they find lily in a box and they have know idea who did that to lily.
Brenda
A very well told story, cute and realistic at the same time. You have to put aside your thoughts that children of this age should never be allowed to go places alone to enjoy this book. I sure wish the word inside this book, existed.
Laura Smith
Another fun Ron Roy mystery. This time Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose head to San Francisco and learn some of the traditions of Chinese New Year while chasing the thief who stole the giant ruby.
Lauren McKeon Jenkins
It's always a treat to read a new A to Z Mystery with my kids. The super editions are fun because they're longer and have the hidden message - I just wish Ron Roy wrote them faster!
Heidi
I read this with my sons, and we loved it. Another great Ron Roy book.
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2014
Bp Chirag
Bp Chirag marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Chazz
Chazz marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Ashley Bowen
Ashley Bowen marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Paula
Paula added it
Jun 23, 2014
Jana
Jana added it
Jun 05, 2014
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)