Start by marking “Shoe Done It (An Accessories Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Shoe Done It (An Accessories Mystery #1)

Shoe Done It (Accessories Mystery #1)

3.03 of 5 stars 3.03  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Rita Jewel has a dream job selling fabulous clothes and accessories to the socialites of San Francisco at Dolce's Boutique. But when a pair of heels becomes a clue in a murder, Rita finds herself engaged in a high- end crime of fashion.
Published October 1st 2011 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Shoe Done It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shoe Done It

Melodie
Basically this book sucked! If you're a big time fashionista you might not be totally turned off by all the fashion name dropping. Other than that I can't imagine anyone actually loving this book!
Turtles
I really enjoyed this book in the beginning. It fizzled through the middle and the end tied up too quickly. But it was still a fun book. I liked the heroine, she wasn't annoyingly nosy and I liked that she stayed loyal through the book. There were several men in this book including the cliche detective, but if you read the excerpt of the next book you find they may not all be in book 2. I will be reading book 2 to see if the series improves.

There was some heavy fashion talk and while I don't mi
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
Meh. Good characters, although the detective character seemed all over the place. Weak plot - the impetus for the murder seemed awfully weak to me. Too many instances where I felt the author was trying to sell me clothing, although I don't mind a bit of fashion speak (the Crimes of Fashion series being one of my favourites). Still there were enough likeable things about this book that I'll read the second one and decide from there whether to continue with the series or not.
Annabel Sheron
The brand name dropping got old and the mystery seemed to take a back seat to the fashion!
Christine
Rita Jewell loves her job selecting outfits and accessories for the wealthy clients of Dolce’s Boutique in San Francisco. Rita’s boss Dolce Loren sends her to Miami Beach to pick up a pair of one-of-a-kind custom-made silver stilettos for a customer to wear to a prestigious charity event. The customer is MarySue Jensen, but when she comes to pick up the shoes, she doesn’t have the money to pay the large balance owed on the shoes. MarySue grabs the shoes out of Rita’s hands and flees from the sto ...more
Jazminn
This series has potential, and I hope it gets better.

The book is about a sales associate and fashion consultant Rita that is trying to help her boss, Dolce, clear her name in a murder. The murder appears to be over a pair of shoes that Dolce sold to one of her clients MarySue. MarySue wanted the shoes, and didn't pay for them in full, which is why Dolce was named a suspect. When the sexy cop (Jack) comes in, Rita decides to help him solve the murder case, even though it's causing her all sorts o
Fanficfan44
The writing in itself was fine, but the mystery or at least the villain was obvious (at least to me) and the sense of place seemed off. My main issue was that the characters weren’t really that likable. Grasping, shallow fashionistas, not really anyone I could relate to and I do like clothes and fashion. I enjoy other fashion based cozies, such as Meg London’s Sweet Nothing’s Lingerie series, Annette Blair’s Vintage Magic Series and the Ellen Byerrum’s Crime of Fashion series, so it was definite ...more
Alexandrea
This gets a 2 star or 2.5 star rating. It wasn't a bad mystery, but there were just so many cliche's that at times I found myself rolling my eyes. Small town girl with perfect body moves to San Fransisco and gets her perfect job working at a boutique where she gets great discounts. She was alone in the city until suddenly due to events in the story she meets a sexy gymnast, a dreamy doctor, and an attractive policeman with great fashion sense who...you guessed it, are all conviniently single and ...more
Aliana Potter
This book was really intriguing. Each page left me wanting more. The characters were very well described. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a short mystery read.
Gerry
I'm not into fashion so all the references to designers and styles were annoying. not too mention vampires. Not my kind of book.
Misty
Overall, a good story. Too much name dropping and figured out the whodoneit fairly early on. Would still give the second book in the series a chance before deciding whether or not to give up on this series.
Leya
I loved that this story is set in San Francisco, one of my favorite cities. I'm not a huge fashion follower, I'm what people call comfortable. I love my jeans and tees! But I enjoyed how these characters are fashionista willing to do and get everything they think is fashion. The main character, Rita, I'm not sure about just yet, I'll have to read more of the series. The mystery itself had me guessing, one chapter was one person, next chapter was someone different and I was completely surprised o ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I have written three 'what did you think' messages here and feel none of them are positive. Thus, I'm going to just say, that 'Shoe Done It' was not my type of murder mystery. It lacked details of the crime, characters, motive, etc. In fact the only thing it was overly concerned with was name dropping of designer Fashion.

Just not for me.

Barbara
Bit heavy on the fashion side and in the end the murder is solved in a couple of pages.
Not a high literature kind of book , but the kind of book that you read when you don't have the time or the inclination to read something difficult. Very easy reading for in a train or on a beach.
Kimberly
This was cute. I thought Rita was a bit much at times, but she and Dolce were fun together. I figured out the killer early on, but it's still fun to read what happens. I'm interested to see what happens with Rita and her trifecta of suitors.
Melody
There are some potentially great characters in this story. I hope they flesh out. The mystery was ok though was easily solved though the motive ( not a great one and not fully explained) was own the lame side. I look forward to the next instalment.
swati
Every San Francisco fashionista should read this book. I loved all the references to high end fashion and the culture, neighborhoods and atmosphere of San Francisco. It is a light mystery well set in the city of SF.
Rozi Marsh
Such a boring read...couldn't even finish it. The writing was bad... very choppy. The dialogue between Rita and Dolce was bland. Absolutely did not like this book.
RC
It was okay. I am not sure I would read another one in the series... well maybe if someone gave it to me but I wouldn't go through the trouble of reserving it.
Stephanie
Fashion and mystery, I couldn't resist. Reminds me a bit of the Shopaholic series. A fun and fast read. I will be sure to check out more in this series!
Chris
This was boring. It took me a week to push my way through it. Maybe if you are fashion oriented, it would probably be interesting.
Phyl
Not a strong book in the mystery genre - the plot was half the book the rest was all descriptions of clothing...
Deborah
Fun, quick read, but a little cheesy. I got fed up with all the unrelated fashion details.
Annie
I love silly mysteries in general. But this one just made me want to read a better silly mystery.
Janet Robel
Cute mystery. I don't think it was engaging enough for me to want to continue with this series.
Mary  (Biblophile)
Too much of nothing to waste your time on. Didn't even finish it.
Nancy Bradford
Very good start for a new series.
Barbie joy porras
for all fashion addicts :)
Tracey
May 28, 2012 Tracey rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: loni watkins, susanne pattison and lois selman
Liked it.
  • Mind Over Murder (Raven's Nest, #1)
  • Let's Play Dead (Museum, #2)
  • The Azalea Assault (A Garden Society Mystery, #1)
  • Last Wool and Testament (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Double-Booked for Death (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #1)
  • Through a Glass, Deadly (A Glassblowing Mystery, #1)
  • Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1)
  • Flowerbed of State (A White House Gardener Mystery, #1)
  • Going Organic Can Kill You (A Blossom Valley Mystery #1)
  • Button Holed (Button Box Mystery, #1)
  • The Cocoa Conspiracy (A Lady Arianna Regency Mystery, #2)
  • Stamped Out (A Stamping Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • Three Bedrooms, Two Baths, One Very Dead Corpse
  • Liver Let Die (A Clueless Cook Mystery, #1)
  • A Spoonful of Murder (Soup Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Die Job
  • The Quick and the Thread (An Embroidery Mystery, #1)
  • Stuck on Murder (A Decoupage Mystery, #1)
More about Grace Carroll...

Accessories Mystery (3 books)
  • Died With a Bow (Accessories Mystery #2)
  • Murder After a Fashion (Accessories Mystery #3)
Died With a Bow (Accessories Mystery #2) Murder After a Fashion (Accessories Mystery #3) Environmental Stress and African Americans: The Other Side of the Moon