Start by marking “The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management: Quick Tips, Speedy Solutions, and Cutting-Edge Ideas” as Want to Read:

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management brings you the information you need when you need it most- now! This practical, easy-to-use guide gives you instant access to the cutting-edge ideas and hard-won wisdom of one of today's leading experts on project management. In short, lively segments using real-world examples, it delivers the information you need to navigate comp ...more
Published July 12th 1999 by John Wiley & Sons (first published June 24th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management

Bethany
More work-related schtuff....
Treela
Easier to read than the PMBOK
Shawn Buckle
You're not going to walk away a PMP-certified project manager after reading this book, but it is the first step. It's aptly named "Fast Forward" as that is what the author does, touching upon most areas of project management from a high-level and providing the general structure, tools and organization of it.

Recommended for those fresh to the discipline, but if you have any past experience, most of it will be well understood.
Timothy Lusk
This book was part of a Project Management course I've been taking. Reading what I did, I thought it had great insight into the role of a PM and how it is important to business. While I wouldn't necessarily have it in my home library, I was happy to have enjoyed learning what it had to offer.
Arden
I took a two-day class on project management this fall. This book was strongly recommended as a textbook to accompany the class. I appreciate being brought up to speed on the process and philosophy of project management, but this book was kind of tedious to read.
Bryce
Very useful, excellent intro course into project management and a solid prep to become PMP-certified. Like many business books, though, it's pretty dry and not something to be downed in a couple sittings...
Nauman Faridi
Very good read to get a view of what project management is all about.
Majikwah
It's what I do for a living, so I guess I should read a book on how to do it.
M Qahtani

I did not read it, but the title surprised me.
A
Reference book for first time PM'ing
Bjm Index
Jul 20, 2012 Bjm Index added it
Shelves: business
Rheanna Thumbelina
Rheanna Thumbelina marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Thisis Udochi
Thisis Udochi marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
Dec 14, 2014
Denise Pappu
Denise Pappu marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Krisztián
Krisztián marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Julie
Julie added it
Nov 14, 2014
Wael Mohamed
Wael Mohamed marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
  • Project Management: A Systems Approach To Planning, Scheduling, And Controlling
  • Manage It!
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • The Deadline: A Novel about Project Management
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • Project Management for Dummies
  • The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done
  • Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API
  • Leading Quietly: An Unorthodox Guide to Doing the Right Thing
  • Harvard Business Review on Leadership
  • MBA in a Day: What You Would Learn at Top-Tier Business Schools (If You Only Had the Time!)
  • Re-Imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age
  • Million Dollar Consulting: the Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice
  • Flawless Consulting: A Guide to Getting Your Expertise Used
  • The Six SIGMA Way: How GE, Motorola, and Other Top Companies Are Honing Their Performance
  • Rapid Problem Solving With Post-it Notes
  • Good Business: Leadership, Flow, and the Making of Meaning
  • Lean Six SIGMA for Service: How to Use Lean Speed and Six SIGMA Quality to Improve Services and Transactions
The Portable MBA in Project Managment