Start by marking “The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management: Quick Tips, Speedy Solutions, and Cutting-Edge Ideas” as Want to Read:

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  274 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management brings you the information you need when you need it most- now! This practical, easy-to-use guide gives you instant access to the cutting-edge ideas and hard-won wisdom of one of today's leading experts on project management. In short, lively segments using real-world examples, it delivers the information you need to navigate comp ...more
Published July 12th 1999 by John Wiley & Sons (first published June 24th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management

Bethany
More work-related schtuff....
Treela
Easier to read than the PMBOK
Shawn Buckle
You're not going to walk away a PMP-certified project manager after reading this book, but it is the first step. It's aptly named "Fast Forward" as that is what the author does, touching upon most areas of project management from a high-level and providing the general structure, tools and organization of it.

Recommended for those fresh to the discipline, but if you have any past experience, most of it will be well understood.
Timothy Lusk
This book was part of a Project Management course I've been taking. Reading what I did, I thought it had great insight into the role of a PM and how it is important to business. While I wouldn't necessarily have it in my home library, I was happy to have enjoyed learning what it had to offer.
Kanishk
Very realistic and hands on advice for program/project managers. If you are looking for some practical tips and tricks instead of theoretical PMBOK stuff, I'm sure this book will help you. There are some templates also available on their website which can provide a good start for new PMs.
Arden
I took a two-day class on project management this fall. This book was strongly recommended as a textbook to accompany the class. I appreciate being brought up to speed on the process and philosophy of project management, but this book was kind of tedious to read.
Bryce
Very useful, excellent intro course into project management and a solid prep to become PMP-certified. Like many business books, though, it's pretty dry and not something to be downed in a couple sittings...
Mac Daly
If you are just starting out in project management, this gives a good overview of the processes and good tips and tools.
Jeroen in UK
Great book about project management. Worth a read if you are you have anything to do with project management.
Nauman Faridi
Very good read to get a view of what project management is all about.
M Qahtani

I did not read it, but the title surprised me.
A
Reference book for first time PM'ing
Bjm Index
Jul 20, 2012 Bjm Index added it
Shelves: business
Jitendra Waikos
Jitendra Waikos marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Debbrina Tarrant
Debbrina Tarrant marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Jayhawk
Jayhawk marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Clint
Clint is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2015
George
George marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Tinnes
Tinnes is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2015
Freddy
Freddy marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Apostolos Georgakis
Apostolos Georgakis is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2015
Yves Goldberg
Yves Goldberg is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2015
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Gilbert Argueta
Gilbert Argueta marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
  • Project Management: A Systems Approach To Planning, Scheduling, And Controlling
  • Project Management for Dummies
  • Manage It!
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • The Deadline: A Novel about Project Management
  • Harvard Business Review on Leadership
  • Say It with Charts
  • Leading Quietly: An Unorthodox Guide to Doing the Right Thing
  • The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done
  • The First-Time Manager
  • UNIX Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API
  • MBA in a Day: What You Would Learn at Top-Tier Business Schools (If You Only Had the Time!)
  • Million Dollar Consulting: the Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice
  • Why Should Anyone Be Led by You?: What It Takes To Be An Authentic Leader
  • The Breakthrough Company: How Everyday Companies Become Extraordinary Performers
  • Flawless Consulting: A Guide to Getting Your Expertise Used