Start by marking “The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management: Quick Tips, Speedy Solutions, and Cutting-Edge Ideas” as Want to Read:

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management brings you the information you need when you need it most- now! This practical, easy-to-use guide gives you instant access to the cutting-edge ideas and hard-won wisdom of one of today's leading experts on project management. In short, lively segments using real-world examples, it delivers the information you need to navigate comp ...more
Published July 12th 1999 by John Wiley & Sons (first published June 24th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management

Bethany
More work-related schtuff....
Treela
Easier to read than the PMBOK
Shawn Buckle
You're not going to walk away a PMP-certified project manager after reading this book, but it is the first step. It's aptly named "Fast Forward" as that is what the author does, touching upon most areas of project management from a high-level and providing the general structure, tools and organization of it.

Recommended for those fresh to the discipline, but if you have any past experience, most of it will be well understood.
Timothy Lusk
This book was part of a Project Management course I've been taking. Reading what I did, I thought it had great insight into the role of a PM and how it is important to business. While I wouldn't necessarily have it in my home library, I was happy to have enjoyed learning what it had to offer.
Arden
I took a two-day class on project management this fall. This book was strongly recommended as a textbook to accompany the class. I appreciate being brought up to speed on the process and philosophy of project management, but this book was kind of tedious to read.
Bryce
Very useful, excellent intro course into project management and a solid prep to become PMP-certified. Like many business books, though, it's pretty dry and not something to be downed in a couple sittings...
Nauman Faridi
Very good read to get a view of what project management is all about.
Majikwah
It's what I do for a living, so I guess I should read a book on how to do it.
M Qahtani

I did not read it, but the title surprised me.
A
Reference book for first time PM'ing
Bjm Index
Jul 20, 2012 Bjm Index added it
Shelves: business
Julie
Julie added it
Nov 14, 2014
Wael Mohamed
Wael Mohamed marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Kristen Jaques
Kristen Jaques marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Curtis
Curtis is currently reading it
Oct 11, 2014
  • Project Management: A Systems Approach To Planning, Scheduling, And Controlling
  • Manage It!
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • The Deadline: A Novel about Project Management
  • Project Management for Dummies
  • Million Dollar Consulting: the Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice
  • Leading Quietly: An Unorthodox Guide to Doing the Right Thing
  • The Six SIGMA Way: How GE, Motorola, and Other Top Companies Are Honing Their Performance
  • Classic Drucker: Essential Wisdom of Peter Drucker from the Pages of Harvard Business Review
  • Harvard Business Review on Leadership
  • Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API
  • Flawless Consulting: A Guide to Getting Your Expertise Used
  • Jack Welch & The G.E. Way: Management Insights and Leadership Secrets of the Legendary CEO
  • Harvard Business Review on Knowledge Management
  • MBA in a Day: What You Would Learn at Top-Tier Business Schools (If You Only Had the Time!)
  • Age of Unreason