Start by marking “Redeeming Waters” as Want to Read:
Redeeming Waters

Redeeming Waters

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Must a young woman choose between her commitment to her marriage…and to God?

Brianna was ten years old when she first met twenty-five year old David R. Shepherd, a devout and gifted gospel recording artist who would ultimately become world renowned megastar, King d.Avid. He left an impression on Brianna she would never forget. And they were destined to meet again…

Brianna's

Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Redeeming Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeeming Waters

Stacey Pagan
What a powerful novel! You will laugh, you will cry, you will rejoice! Griggs has done an awesome job putting modern day religion into a novel! Readers will learn about Brianna and the trials and tribulations that she faces in a short period of time. Her faith is put to the test, but she stays steady within the Lord.

Griggs uses a scripture at the beginning of each chapter which coincides with what the chapter is about, which made me think about what I was about to read with each chapter. A very
Authors & Readers Book Corner
Redeeming Waters by Vanessa Favis Griggs gives reader a biblical lesson about David and Bathseba. Brianna was a young girl when she met a music celebrity named King d.Avid and he left an impression on her that she has carried with her into her adulthood. Brianna is now a married woman and through her husband Unzell's job she has a chance to meet King d.Avid again.

When Brianna experience the tragic loss of her husband an unsual comforter comes to aid her that will turn everyone's heads. Alana, Br
Jeanida Luckie-weatherall
Unzell and Briana Waters were college sweethearts that later were happily married. During their college years, Unzell was a football star. With a NFL career ahead of him, he was destined for stardom. That was, until an unfortunate play that left Unzell unable to have football as his career. Determined to have a fresh start, Briana and Unzell decided to move to Georgia. While living in Atlanta, Unzell got a job working with gospel superstar King d.Avid. Unbeknownst to Unzell, Briana knew the arti ...more
Kasia Hubbard
I won this on Goodreads. I received my copy on December 3.
Arlena
Title: Redeeming Waters
Author: Vanessa Davis Griggs
Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corporation
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating 4.5
Review:

"Redeeming Waters" by Vanessa Davis Griggs.....

"Brianna is 10 years old when she first meets 25-year-old David R. Shepherd, a devout and gifted gospel recording artist who ultimately becomes world renowned megastar, King d.Avid. He leaves an impression on Brianna she will never forget. And they are destined to meet again."

What I enjoy from reading "Redeeming Wat
Arlena
Title: Redeeming Waters
Author: Vanessa Davis Griggs
Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corporation
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating 4.5
Review:

"Redeeming Waters" by Vanessa Davis Griggs.....

What I enjoy from reading "Redeeming Wat
Glenda Alexander

I cannot begin to tell you how much I looked forward to receiving this book, it was several months coming, but well worth the wait. This book is more than Christian Fiction, its lessons presented in a form you will truly enjoy; Vanessa Davis Griggs gives you a better understanding of biblical doctrine.

Vanessa Davis Griggs knows her Bible and is able to bring the modern day into well known biblical teachings, giving the verses more understanding for today’s values. She accomplishes this by addres
Audrey Grant
Finally received it today! Thank you very much!
Just finished it...It's 4am. Wow, where to begin on this one! I had some instinctive dislikes about this book even until the end, BUT the more I think about it. It is written about as realistically as you could possibly do with an update of this story. Other than specifically saying for sure that he ordered the husband killed, the author followed the Biblical story line with an up to date theme as close as she could. Even to the older wiser counselo
Shavon Johnson
As always Mrs. Vanessa has touch hearts and taught us about Redeeming Waters. The book hit home for me in some areas but has also showed me how much God loves us and want for us to willingly do his Will.
Tasha
African Americans on the Move Book Club
DEATILS VANESSA DAVIS-GRIGGS DID IT AGAIN. I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN, READ IT IN 2 DAYS. THIS IS DEFINITLY A PAGE TURNER. I ACTUALLY LEARNED A LOT ABOUT MIKVAH. SOMETHING I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT. I PERSONALLY CAN RELATE TO BRIANNA AND ALANAS FRIENDSHIP. THEIR INTERACTION WAS SO REAL TO ME, THE TWISTS OF THE STORYLINE IS WHAT KEPT ME EXCITED, THE PLOT SURELY DID THIKEN. I WOULD RECOMMEND REDEEMING WATERS TO ANY AND EVERYONE. IT IS A GREAT READ FOR CHRISTIAN BOOKCLUBS. KUDOS TO REDEEMING WATERS

M
Lyn
What a story. Once I got started I did not want to stop. Absolutely loved how the story line was in direct correlation to the story of David. Outstanding message.
Catherine
Redeeming Waters, a story written of the account of King David in the bible, is full of drama and parallels the exact story of the bible. However, it is written in a way that would make the reader want to go back and read the story of David and Bathesheba. I have always been a fan of novels that retold stories of the bible in new and innovative ways. This is one of the best.
Metris
This a very power message focusing on the biblical story of Kind David & Bethsheba. I have to admit that I have not read this particular story in the bible, but now I can't to see what the book of Samuel has to say!
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it started really slow, but I'm glad I stuck with it.
Peggy Parsons
Redeeming Waters did not restrain conflict or limit subjects dealt with. Giggs cleverly paralleled Biblical King David with a modern Christian Musician. And yet, I found myself skimming on occasion. Not sure why.
Sheraie Darby

Slow beginning almost did not finish and had to renew the book. I did not enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed Griggs other stories. There were no real surprises since it told the story of David closely.
stacie
awesome Christian fiction novel; 21st century book based on King David and Bathsheba from the Bible. Griggs writes in a way that helps you think about your life while still giving you a good story.
Terri
I thought this was a great modern-day take on the story of King David from the Bible. It shows that even when we make mistakes, our lives can be used for good by God.
librarian4Him02
Mar 05, 2013 librarian4Him02 marked it as couldn-t-get-through  ·  review of another edition
Probably is a good book, but I couldn't get into the writing style.

On to the next book.
Toni Buycks
Not one of my favs didn't like the plot. I much prefer when she creates her own characters.
Marilyn Diamond
Loved it.. could not put it down..Read it in one day and I love the lord!
Charlene
Wow! This book was amazing!! I cried, laughed, and loved all through this book.
Linda
The book is entirely based on Bible verses and stories.
Felicia
This book is soo good, it's a page turner.
  • A Good Man Is Hard to Find
  • What Kind of Fool
  • Holy Ghost Corner
  • The Deal, the Dance, and the Devil
  • When Perfection Fails (Victory Gospel Series, #3)
  • Heaven Forbid (Hallelujah Love #6)
  • Samson
  • Dreams That Won't Let Go (Jubilant Soul #3)
  • Don't Tell a Soul
  • Unconditional
  • A Time to Love (Mama B #3)
202330
Vanessa Davis Griggs is the author of novels: DESTINY UNLIMITED, THE ROSE OF JERICHO, PROMISES BEYOND JORDAN, WINGS OF GRACE, BLESSED TRINITY, STRONGHOLDS, IF MEMORY SERVES and PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH, GOODNESS AND MERCY, THE TRUTH IS THE LIGHT, RAY OF HOPE,, REDEEMING WATERS, FOREVER SOUL TIES, THE OTHER SIDE OF GOODNESS, THE OTHER SIDE OF DARE, THE OTHER SIDE OF DIVINE, STEELY GRAY and COUNTL ...more
More about Vanessa Davis Griggs...
Blessed Trinity Goodness and Mercy (The Blessed Trinity Series, #5) Practicing What You Preach (The Blessed Trinity Series, #4) Strongholds (The Blessed Trinity Series, #2) If Memory Serves (The Blessed Trinity Series, #3)