Start by marking “Return of the Sea Empress (Marsha & Danny Jones #2)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Sea Empress (Marsha & Danny Jones #2)

Return of the Sea Empress (Marsha & Danny Jones #2)

After the crash of an explosive-laden seaplane into the aft end of The Sea Empress as it left a Caribbean island, the luxury cruise ship has been refurbished and repaired and leaves Rome for it's first trans-Atlantic voyage. Danny and Marsha Jones once again are leading the security team for the flagship of The Seven Seas Company. She, a retired U. S. Secret Service agent ...more
Published May 16th 2011 (first published May 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Sea Empress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Sea Empress

Terry
Sep 21, 2011 Terry rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Return of the Sea Empress is a diamond in the rough.

The rough part is that it could use a good editing job. I honestly almost quit reading on the first page due to one sentence paragraphs with little or no punctuation. It did improve somewhat as the story continued. Personally I felt like there needed to be more 'filler' to help with transition; story seemed somewhat choppy. Interesting characters, but I felt like they needed a little more meat on their bones development wise.

Now for the diamon
Laurie
Oct 15, 2011 Laurie rated it liked it
Return of the Sea Empress , by Ken Rossignol was good short story Danny and Marsha seemed to be the main characters that I was drawn too, for thee most part they were the only the characters you got to know a little. Theew are retired police and secret service now security on the curies ship the Sea empress that happens to have the president abroad and ends up having to to port in dangerous waters that leads to a U.N. nightmare. Most of the story read like a newspaper article or a history book. ...more
Ken Rossignol
Jul 04, 2011 Ken Rossignol rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As this is my book, I can't really do a review on it. But I can give it five stars and I did as it was fun to write and I promise that a new edit will fix some champion run-on sentences. But the story is TRUE...every bit of it! So please enjoy the book, the third one in the series should also please those who want plenty of action on their cruise, not just the boring visits to ports, the endless buffets and the waiters who are not armed and never shoot anyone. The Sea Empress will keep you in su ...more
Jeanine
Oct 11, 2011 Jeanine rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
*This is a book won on Goodreads.* I liked the premise, I think its interesting. The book clearly hadn't been through editing yet and the impulse to grab my red pen was nearly overwhelming. There are a few continuity problems too. That being said, I read this book in an hour and it did keep my attention. It was enough to make me add the prior book The Privateer Clause to my to-read list.
Douglas
Sep 30, 2011 Douglas rated it it was amazing
A great rood. I thought it might be a little short but i found that the book had everything any other book had, except maybe long slow boring parts which were fantastically abscent. I can't wit for the next one and am going to search for the first one.
Carlleen Cairns
Nov 22, 2012 Carlleen Cairns rated it it was amazing
The Sea Empress is like a visit from old friends as the adventures of Danny and Marsha continue. Once again the story line is taken from today’s headlines as Danny and Marsha keep cruising safe for all of us. Looking forward to more adventures with Danny and Marsha!
Eric Moffitt
Nov 03, 2015 Eric Moffitt rated it really liked it
I didn't read the book but listened to it on Audible. It was a Very Good Book. A story that kept my interest and I do not read or listen to books very often, so I would recommend this book.
Póilin
Sep 10, 2011 Póilin rated it liked it
This was a nice short story, it was a little choppy in its transition from one thing to another, but a nice quick read..........very believable!
Gale
May 17, 2015 Gale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
Thom Swennes
Oct 02, 2016 Thom Swennes rated it liked it
Shelves: free-e-book
Today, news of terrorist’s assaults anywhere in the world has almost become commonplace. A multitude of security organizations are constantly looking for any new threat or suspects. Whereas competition occasionally keeps the various organizations from sharing vital information, occasionally they get their priories straight and foil plots before they are carried out.
For some unexplained reason, the President of the United States drops out of the public eye and secretly hitches a trip on the rece
Ellynne Davis
Sep 10, 2011 Ellynne Davis rated it it was amazing
After re-reading Return of the Sea Empress, I am even more impressed with the smoothness of the writing sytle than I was at the first reading. The plot moves along swiftly with a little twist of a surprise in almost every one of the 21 chapters. Mr. Rossignol has created interesting leading characters in agents Marsha and Danny Jones who become involved in believable scenarios while cruising. If you've ever been on a cruise, you'll recognize immediatelly the possibilities for disaster (or intrig ...more
Tarissa
Aug 29, 2016 Tarissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Danny and Marsha Jones return in another maritime story on a cruise ship. This one definitely kept my interest, as there are many things happening on board. With assassination attempts and murderers on the loose, who better to tackle the situation that the Jones couple?

The author has done well in making a believable characters. With a famous Broadway actor being the brother of the President of the U.S., it helps spice things up in the international political world... plus, President Bryan makes
c a t h e y
Oct 26, 2012 c a t h e y rated it did not like it
I received Return of the Sea Empress for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thanks to those that made this possible, as well as author Ken Rossignol.

Return of the Sea Empress is the second in the Marsha & Danny Jones series, but having not read the first book did not detract (I think) from this one. As pointed out by practically everyone else, this book really does need a thorough editing. I cannot stand poor grammar and spelling, so the first few chapters were quite a struggle for me. The
Carmen
Oct 11, 2011 Carmen rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Definitely needs some editing done! Story line was adventurous but I got a bit confused a little there and there, not a big problem though. Characters were everywhere, they just pop-up randomly in a chapter and suddenly the spotlight is on them and relates nothing to the two main ones (at least I think Danny and Marsha are the main characters). Book was a short read, but it was interesting with a few unnecessary and random parts of the story.

Goodreads win ^^
Jim
Sep 10, 2011 Jim rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads, thriller
This book, a very short novel, needs a lot of work. On the positive side, the basic premise of a series of thrillers set aboard a cruise ship is a good one and some of the plot twists were imaginative, but the plot was choppy with poor transitions and the characters need much more development. The author, a former journalist, needs to transition from writing in a style appropriate for the news to a more literary approach.

This book was a Goodreads, First Reads giveaway.
Karin
Aug 07, 2016 Karin rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed re-visiting the Sea Empress. There was less death and violence this time. I am ready to go on any curise as long as Danny and Marsha Jones are on the ship with me. This was a more leasurly cruise in spite of having a Person of Interest as one of the passengers. As usual, I can hardly wait to read the next book in this series. Thank you Ken Rossignol for keeping me interested.
Ardy Mattox
Jan 05, 2017 Ardy Mattox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun book. I want more

It seemed like it just got going and was over. Enjoyable and not boring... that's saying a lot since so many books are too boring to finish. I can see a lot more books with this theme coming along
Loren Foster
Oct 11, 2011 Loren Foster rated it liked it
Just won this one on Goodreads "First Reads"! Looking forward to reading and posting a review!
Bill Donhiser
Oct 10, 2016 Bill Donhiser rated it liked it
A fun read. Interesting story, good action
Kathryn
Oct 31, 2013 Kathryn rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-ebooks
Interestng plot but the editing is non-existant, and the story is as another reviewer mentioned somewhat choppy, jumping from cruise to cruise with little to indicate the change of apparent dates.
Kasia Hubbard
Oct 11, 2011 Kasia Hubbard marked it as to-read
I won this on Goodreads. I received my copy on October 14.
David
David rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2011
Debbie Ament
Debbie Ament rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2017
Cindi Knowles
Cindi Knowles rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2017
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Gus Philpott
Gus Philpott rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2011
Ledia Lyndsey
Ledia Lyndsey rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2015
Barbara Smith
Barbara Smith rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Writing in true crime, maritime history and cruise thrillers occupies most of Ken Rossignol's time.
As a maritime history speaker, Rossignol enjoys meeting audiences around the world and discussing the original news stories of the sinking of the RMS Titanic and other maritime history topics.
In recent years Rossignol has appeared on more than a dozen ships in the Pacific, Atlantic, Mediterranean an
More about Ken Rossignol...

Marsha & Danny Jones (6 books)
  • The Privateer Clause (Marsha & Danny Jones #1)
  • Follow Titanic (Marsha & Danny Jones Thriller, #3)
  • Follow Triangle - Vanish (Marsha & Danny Jones #4)
  • Cruise Killer (Marsha & Danny Jones #5)
  • BEHEADED: Terror By Land, Sea & Air (Marsha & Danny Jones Thriller Series #6)