Married to a Balla

Married to a Balla

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Despite the beautiful home, expensive cars and huge bank account, Skye s marriage to pro football player, Sandino Washington is seriously flawed. After years of being a victim of domestic violence, Skye is caught between their extravagant lifestyle and his controlling behavior, but knows she has to get out. In a desperate attempt, Skye flees the abusive marriage with her t...more
Published (first published April 18th 2011)

Barbara Morgan
This book is excellent
captures you from the first sentence and every chapter
Tazzyt2bossye
Skye Washington is the beautiful trophy wife of Sandino Washington, an injured professional football player that degrades and abuses her erratically. Skye grows tired of the beatings and decides to run for her life with their two teenage sons, Kareem and Jordan, and four month old baby Payton. A furious and arrogant Sandino hires his crew to locate Skye and his children and return them to him.

Skye has grown accustomed to the glamorous life with the elaborate trimmings, but will she be strong en...more
Christiana
Jackie D is an awesome writer and this book is a best seller. I loved the way she keep me in suspense thru out the entire book. Needless to say that I finished the book in one setting. If you are looking for an excellent book to read , this is it. You will not be disappointed! I can't wait to read the next one and will be one of the first to make that purchase.
Kimberly
Charmain
I could not put this book down!!! Skye ass was stupid because instead of me running from Sadino he would've been running from me!!!
Jm Brown
This a really good book. I am looking forward to more books from this author.
Laddie
Jul 10, 2011 Laddie added it
thiz book is really gud frm wat ihav read;
Dana McLeod
Great Read

I really enjoyed this book. a really great read. I cant wait to dig into part 2. im wondering what really happen to Skye and her family.
Adrianne Miller
This book isn't what I typically go for as far as urban fiction but I decided to read it after my aunt came to visit me and bought me a lot of her old books and actually liked it. I wouldn't say it's a must read but it was a very good quick read if your looking for something to occupy your time.
Would I recommend:no

Natasha
Enjoyed this story of survival. It was a breath of fresh air to read another angle on the lifestyles and relationships of beautiful women and their athlete husbands. Well written and engaging.
Tonikia
This was a very good book. It made me look a Domestic Violence in a whole new way. Money isn't everything when it comes down to your life and kids.
Stephanie
This book was fire!!! I am so anticipating part 2. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!
Kenzie
I really did enjoy this book, it was very interesting (:
Goodread
This was a good read, but I think part two is better
Nicole
Like I said before great. Need to get part two to this.
Tia
Good overall ending was a bit abrupt.
April
Nice twist at the end.
Yolanda Knight
Yolanda Knight marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Crystal Clark
Crystal Clark is currently reading it
May 25, 2014
Ashley Sharay
Ashley Sharay marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Amara Williams
Amara Williams marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Javon Williams
Javon Williams marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014