Start by marking “Forbidden (The Guardian Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden (The Guardian Chronicles, #1)

Forbidden (The Guardian Chronicles #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  434 ratings  ·  63 reviews

...Watch from afar.
...Never share your name.
...And above all, never touch a human.

What Levi doesn't know is that his newest human to protect, Hannah, just might
Published October 22nd 2011 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden

Angelfall by Susan EeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Vampire Hunter's Daughter by Jennifer Malone WrightEmber by Madison DanielBirthright by Willow Cross
Best Independent Novels
73rd out of 2,316 books — 3,231 voters
Golden Blood by Melissa PearlBeyond Oria Falls by Sheryl SealSilent Treatment by Jackie WilliamsReVamped by Ada AdamsCircle of Five by Jan Raymond
Best Unknown Young Adult Books
40th out of 708 books — 1,439 voters

More lists with this book...

Lissa Smith
Jun 25, 2013 Lissa Smith rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Author Gift
Recommended to Lissa by: Megan Curd

I was fortunate enough to make the cut for reviewing this book for R2R after the author Megan Curd offered up a copy to all of us who complained about not being fast enough to make the cut. Oh, by the way in no way does this affects my review…

Just like most who settled into reading Forbidden by Megan Curd; I thought it was going to be another twist to the fallen angel mythology that has so many (myself included) rushing to read. Gees’, was I surprised.

Well, let me be the one to tell you. This i
Kelly/yllektra
Jan 10, 2012 Kelly/yllektra rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who likes original stories about angels
Recommended to Kelly/yllektra by: The Author
Shelves: favorites
I have to admit that I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book. I knew what it was about and it was my kind of book, but other than that nothing.
The book was a delightful surprise.

I bet everyone has read a book about angels and demons by now, what with the hype over books like Fallen, Hush, Hush and Unearthed (among many many others), and "Forbidden" isn't completely unrelated to them or to the style, but it manages to put a unique feel to it, that really made you want to ke
Rachel
I picked this book up as a Kindle freebie; I love stories about angels and demons and the premise seemed interesting. Unfortunately, this one didn't work for me.

You can tell this was written by a very new writer. It wasn't badly written per se but it contained awkward sentence structures that interrupted the flow; the book could definitely benefit from professional editing. However, that wasn't the only issue. The story is filled with implausible contrived scenarios and behavior from the charac
Midu Hadi
Dee Bibb
FORBIDDEN by Megan Curd was a fresh take on what seems to be a popular idea for writing books these days. Of course...who am I to complain about the books using the supernatural beings for characters....I TOTALLY love them!! However, Megan took the Angels & Demons idea to another level.

FORBIDDEN has so many different twists, it keeps you GLUED to your chair...right on the edge want ing...no NEEDING to know what is going to happen next.

Megan Curd has done an awesome job of spinning a story t
Rian Starr
Feb 22, 2012 Rian Starr rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Angel lovers & Whoever likes breaking rules
Recommended to Rian by: No one!
Shelves: 2012, reviewed
I really wasn't sure what to expect when I initially started reading Forbidden. First off, props to Megan Curd for writing a first person book from a boy's perspective. It's not something that's really intensely seen in novels, so I approve immensely. I believe that I was hesitant to read Forbidden because of the fact that I hadn't been recommended it and I had heard nothing about it at all. The only bit of knowledge that I had about it was from the summary, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to re ...more
Clare Marie
Another absolutely brilliant book. And an original twist on the Guardian Angel kind of story - definitely not what I expected when I started it, but I'm glad I got the chance to do so. The story takes you through so many turns and throws so much emotion at you that you can't help but to feel for the characters.

Wonderfully written, the pace is again one that you can follow easily, but you don't find yourself getting bored, or wishing it would just be over with. If anything, it makes you want to
John Phythyon
What if an angel fell in love with a human woman? What if the angel was actually fallen but was trying to redeem himself? What if that angel and his charge were only 16 years old?

Megan Curd poses all of these questions and delivers very engaging and entertaining answers in FORBIDDEN, the first book in a new YA series.

Levi is a Guard, a fallen angel who serves as a guardian angel to a human. He's been one for over a 100 years. He yearns to transform into a Guardian, an actual angel that performs
Eric Mereen
To start off I really looked forward to reading this book. I'm a huge fan of Angel/Fallen themed stories. One of my favorite movies is Gabriel, where the Archangels and Fallen fight for purgatory. So I felt right at home with this book from the first couple of chapters.

The characters were well designed and the detail behind each character were delivered perfectly. I feel a lot of books either rush the details or delay them, this book was the exception. The characters were easy to relate to and g
Candis
I received this book as a R2R - as always, thank you so much to the hard working folks that make this possible (authors AND the PNR/UF ladies).

Being a fallen angel is rough. Its even harder when you are actually working for redemption. Levi has his work cut out for him as he works as a Guard - a sort of fallen angel version of a guardian angel- for his Call, a girl named Hannah. There are simple rules Levi has to follow. Keep your Call alive till their appointed time, and don't fight it when the
This book is about Levi. He is a guard whose job is to protect Hannah until it is her time to pass. He is doing his job as a guard to try to eventually transition into a Guardian. He became her guard when she was 13. For 3 years he has been in the background watching, making sure she comes to no harm. When Hannah is in Rome on a trip with her school however, she is attacked by a Fallen. Levi comes to her rescue and saves her. He begins to get attached to Hannah even though it goes against all th ...more
Heather Robbins
Nov 05, 2011 Heather Robbins rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Heather by: Megan Curd
5x5 *with some fallen angel hotness thrown in*

I will probably go a little fangirl on this review because I totally fell in love! First off you get not 1 but 2 Fallen hotties *umm squeee* Along with a totally cool Hannah and her bestie Angela and all kinds of fun thrown in.

Levi *swoon* is a Fallen but his job is a Guard. He got too close to his Call Hannah and things start getting good! He cannot feel and yet he starts getting those back with her. Levi is an awesome character you will fall for
Ashlyn Rae (TeenageReader)
Megan Curd gave me the honor of letting me be a beta reader for her upcoming book, Forbidden! & Let me just say, it was amazing. You guys will love it when it comes out.

My full review will be posted closer to the publication date :)
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
LOVED IT!!!!! I normally dislike books that have to do with angels...but this..this I loved so much! <3 Review soon!
Julie
This review may contain spoilers

This was given to me in ebook form from Confessions of a Bookaholic for review

Summary: Levi's job is to protect his human until it's their time to go. That's what a Guard does. He's done it for years on end, and he'll spend his eternity doing the same, mundane thing, following the same, mundane rules.

...Watch from afar.

...Never share your name.

...And above all, never touch a human.

What Levi doesn't know is that his newest human to protect, Hannah, just might be th
Alexia Purdy
This book is from a male point of view, quite different I’d say than the female pov that I am more used to reading in the paranormal genre. I enjoyed it, Levi is a guardian, not a guardian angel but a guardian with black wings who is considered ‘damned’ and is given a ‘call’ who name is Hannah. He ends up falling in love with her, and is helpless to resist it. His best friend, whose name is Ethan- also a guardian, tries to help him out throughout this ordeal. You see, falling in love and interac ...more
Karen
As paranormal romance with a different twist, written from the perspective of the male lead character Levi, Megan Curd has given Forbidden a refreshing new look to this young adult genre.

It’s not very often you find a novel written from the male perspective and this one does a bang up job of bringing Levi, a fallen angel, to life. Levi, against all rules, falls in love with his human charge which could endanger his century old dream of moving up to the rank of Guardian. As these young characters
Jessica
Review: Forbidden by Megan Curd provided a very different look at "angels". One reason was because it's from a male point-of-view. We meet Levi as he is watching over his human Call Hannah. In the beginning I was unsure of exactly what Levi was. Was he good, evil, or somewhere in-between? He is known as a Guard, but he was not yet a Guardian or a Fallen. Stuck somewhere between where he is responsible for watching over a human during their lifetime and until they pass on.

Levi was a fascinating
SassyCat's Book Review
Forbidden To You

You’re forbidden but I can’t seem to resist you . . .

In the first ever book I’ve read that was solely one point of view by a male protagonist, first off Megan did a great job writing from a male’s perspective and while we’re still waiting for a sequel of Forbidden, you can read her other books/series Bridger.

Ok now you know what it’s about, it has the vibe of Angels, Guardians, and out of this world mythical creatures. Now I’m a huge fan of theme that deals with Angels, Guardi
Elizabeth "Liza"
Forbidden was a surprisingly good read or me. Surprising because, even though this is a book about angels it constructs a unique hierarchy that is easy to understand.

The story is told in the first person from Levi’s point of view. I found it refreshing to have a guy tell the story for a change. Levi is a Guard and his “Call” or his assignment, so to speak, is to watch over Hannah. There are many things that are forbidden for a Guard to do and somehow and without meaning to, Levi breaks the rules
Gina -
Another brilliant book by Megan Curd,I also ant to thank her personally for providing me with this eBook!

We were engaged in the story the whole time, and devoured every page. The only query I have about this book is to know who actually becomes Angel (either Fallen or Guard or Guardian) when they pass from their human life? Levi keeps on saying that he is dead, and we are told when he died and how, but why was he and the others chosen to be -let's put it as- "divine"? Yes, he died, but what hap
Allie
With its unique and unexpected twist on a Guardian Angel story, “Forbidden” held my interest well from the start. Pacing was good, and easy to follow, with enough action as well as down time to keep you from getting bored. Without extraneous characters to bog the story down, there was room for more depth and emotion from the main characters. The secondary characters all add something to the storyline, which is great after reading books with dozens of characters to keep straight that add very lit ...more
A.B. Shepherd
This book is a YA Fantasy. It is the story of Levi, a Guard (kind of like a guardian angel for the dark side) and his Call, Hannah. Levi's job is to keep watch over sixteen year old Hannah until it is her time to die.

This story tells us what happens when a Guard breaks all the rules because he thinks they are wrong. There is a great deal of imagination about the workings of Heaven and Hell, as well as normal teen angst, lots of action and teen romance too.

It is pretty fast paced and kept my att
Stephani
...It was the first time she'd seemed peaceful since this entire fiasco began. I felt so bad for everything I'd put her through. Was it right of me to keep her past her time?...
"I won't leave...I will stay beside you and watch over you until the end of time, no matter what the cost." Levi

I praise Megan Curd. This was an awesome read. Wonderfully romantic. Original storyline. What a description of characters, events and places!! I loved it and I am waiting to see what happens next. Must read!
Megan
What drew me in most about Megan Curd's Forbidden was that it was told from a male perspective. I loved the voice that she created for Levi--it truly felt like I was in his head. The story was gripping, and I liked the dynamic between characters. Ethan was hilarious and kept me laughing throughout the entire book. The concept was intriguing and I found myself rooting for Levi and Hannah, even though their love was something that had been forbidden for centuries. A great read!
Ashley
Very good indeed. I was pleasantly surprised with this story line. In fact, I wish it had been a lot longer.:) Like Megan's other novel, Bridger, this book is intended for a younger audience. It's almost a shame. Older characters would have allowed for steamier romance scenes which would have kicked things up a couple of notches. But that may not be this author's style. That aside, I'd reccomend this book to any young reader out there.
Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
Revised Review.

I loved this book, it was so cleverly written and with a twist. The characters stood out really well and I enjoyed getting to know them. It's not often I get to know what goes on in a guy's head but I really hope its this.
I could not put the book down there was so much going on with no dull parts. I love Angel books and this one was fantastic!
Marian Thornton
I loved the plot of this book.Megan did an amazing job creating the story from the point of view of a male. I found myself being able to predict a lot of the book, and there were times where i felt like things could have been written a bit better. (Awkward parts) All in all, i loved this book, and would have everyone read it at least once!
Melissa Pearl
Excellent read.

Really enjoyed the characters. The friendship between Ethan and Levi was totally cool.

Megan Curd wrote with humor and good pace. I found myself smiling, my heart racing and I even got the warm fuzzies a couple of times. How can you not love angel wings!!

Definitely wroth reading, you'll have a great time.

Trish Wood
The cover really piqued my interest, It started out fast paced and action packed and didn't stop till the end. I felt so torn with tje huge love delima. I really loved this book and will deffinetly read the rest of this series!
Young Adult Book ...: THE GUARDIAN CHRONICLES: FORBIDDEN 4 29 Nov 07, 2011 09:22AM
  • The Halo Chronicles: The Guardian
  • Preordained (Preordained, #1)
  • Angel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #1)
  • Rise from Darkness (Battle for Souls, #1)
  • Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Guardian (The Guardians, #1)
  • Until Next Time (The Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • Earth Angel (Falling Angels Saga, #2)
  • Haven (The Willows, #1)
  • Awakened (Prequel, The Guardian Legacy)
  • Beloved
  • Break Away (Away, #1)
  • Pyxis: The Discovery (Pyxis, #1)
  • Foreshadow (The Shadow Imperium, #1)
  • Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5)
  • Become (Desolation, #1)
  • Wide Awake (Academy of the Fallen, #1)
  • Airel (The Airel Saga, #1)
"Like" Megan Curd on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/kGCsmI

Follow on Twitter: @MeganCurd

Megan Curd is a graduate of Northwestern College in St. Paul, Minnesota. While having always enjoyed reading any books she could get her hands on, Megan didn’t begin writing until a friend encouraged her to do so while in college.

When not writing, Megan enjoys spending time with her family and friends. Photography,
More about Megan Curd...
Bridger (Bridger, #1) Steel Lily (Periodic, #1) Traitor (Bridger, #2) Iron Pendulum (Periodic, #2) Protector (Bridger, #3)

“It was obvious why humans weren’t supposed to know when they were going to die. They became basket cases.” 2 likes
“Angie breathed deeply, then turned ten shades of puce. “Aren’t you guys dead? Why are you still able to fart?” I laughed at her. “What are you talking about?”
“It seriously stinks in here, and it wasn’t that bad a minute ago.”
“I didn’t fart,” I said defensively.
“And if I farted, you’d be dead,” finished Ethan.”
2 likes