Start by marking “Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest, #5)

Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest #5)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  5,281 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Can Lief, Barda, and Jasmine survive Dread Mountain in the fifth action-packed Deltora Quest adventure? Now with an amazing 3-D lenticular cover!

The Shadow Lord dominates the Land of Deltora. Only Lief, Barda, and Jasmine can save it from his evil powers. To do this, they must restore all seven gems to the magic Belt of Deltora.
Four gems have been found. Now grave news has
Published August 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2000)

Kenrick Su9
It is a comparison book as books such as other Deltora Quest books.They are all interesting and a good book to read.The characters are Lief,Barda,and Jasmine.Lief is the main character in the book.He is all ways funny but heroic.He is a very honest man.Barda,a very inpatient troll.Finally,Jasmine, a cleanliness-freak girl.She always complains about her skirt had gotten dirty and stuffs like that.Togetther,they stop the world from a monster,Gellik.I felt worried after reading this book as the las ...more
Parker O'connor
This is my favorite books in the series. It you out meeting one some of the weirdest characters in the Deltora Quest series. These giant animals are called Kin. They are large dragon like creatures. It starts out with a young one named Prin who takes a liking to Lief. Lief finds a dream well with magic water. When he goes to sleep he can go wherever he want to see whats happening and finds out his parents have been captured, but he can't do anything to help them. He then goes to the Mountain to ...more
The fifth book in the DELTORA QUEST series, though not as great as some of its previous installments, still is a great book and has, at least I think, a really cool Guardian this time around. Really, this book is all about the Dreaming Spring, which the Kins use every night. They drink the water from it and it allows them to spiritually visit the place or person they dream about and see what is happening to them in real life. After meeting the Kin, they take our heroes to Dread Mountain, where t ...more
Andrew S.
I loved Dread mountain. The fifth book in the series, Lief, Barda, and Jasmine set off to dread mountain, the border to the shadowlands, where Vraals and gnomes prowl. Along the way they meet an endangered species called Kin. They also must face off against Gellick, a gigantic toad that spits acid, to retrieve the Emerald, symbol of respect and honor, which also lightens when a vow was broken.

The next book is the Maze Of The Beast. The sixth book in the series, it portrays the continued story
Reread 31. 5. 2015

Kdo nemá rád zmutované klokany, občasné klišé a pavouky v chatě, ať tohle raději ani nečte.
Na druhou stranu, greenpeace by se asi vyřádili, když se tady podporuje toliko výsadba nových stromů.
Sarah Eagle
It's not often that you see book 5 of a series be better than previous books, but with this one it's definitely true. Everything I had to complain about in the last two books was fixed. The pacing is great, the world building is solid, the character development was steady. Rodda threw in the clever puzzles I always love, AND the ending was a genuine, pleasant surprise. Next to the first, this is my favorite installment thus far, and I have 3 to go!
If the last one was an 8, this is right back up
Kisah kelima petualangan Lief, Barda, dan Jasmine untuk menemukan kembali permata-permata dari Sabuk Deltora.

Ketiga sekawan telah berhasil mendapatkan kembali Lapis Lazuli. Dengan masih dikejar kedua Carn, prajurit Kelabu yg membuntuti mereka bagaikan anjing pemburu.

Mereka bertiga sampai di hutan aneh, dengan pohon-pohon serupa. Tumbuh tegak memanjang ke atas, dengan kedua batang utama juga menunjuk ke langit. Di tengah-tengah tempat tersebut, ada sebuah kolam kecil bundar dengan sebuah lempeng
The Genre of this book is Adventure

At the beginning of the book, the author writes a story about a king's son named Endon and a palace peasant named Jarred. At the beginning it shows Endon and Jarred's childhood and how they grew up. Endon and Jarred shared many fun memories, like chasing from the palace guards, (even though Endon was the prince) stealing apples from fruit stalls, and even walking the streets after dark. Soon Endon's father died to a severe disease placing Endon in his father's
This part was less interesting than any other. Journey was quite exhausting but it had some cute and lovely parts. Final battle with a frog went a little bit unexpected. From unsolved situation suddenly characters made weird choices that of course led to the predictable end. It wasn't a fast read. I put this book down many times, and forced myself to finish reading.
Saeed dourandish
lif , barda va jasmin , 3hamsafari hastand ke tanha noghteye moshtarakeshan , nefrat az doshmani vahed ast. anha baraye peyda kardane 7 gohare jadoiie kamarband nacharand dast be jost o johaye khatar naki bezanand
zira tanha zamani ke kamarband kamel shavad arbabe saye ha sarnegoon mishavad.
4 gohar peyda shode va hala akhbare mohemi az khane be lif reside ast. delash mikhahad be khane bargardad ... ama jost o jo bayad edame peyda konad.
baraye yaftane 5min gohar , ghahremanane ma bayad dast be kar
The quest goes on and the adventures continue to be fresh and new with lots of excitement and close calls. The trio finds a source of dreams so real they can actually travel to the source of dreams but such source can be deadly. Yet they find friends as well as foes. They not only continue their search for the gems but in the process are converting the land they visit undermining the Shadow Lord's kingdom, who is beginning to realize there are three on some sort of quest causing trouble where ev ...more
war makes strange bedfellow. Lief yang tadinya cuma berdua dgn Barda, bertemu Jasmine yg ga pernah berpisah dr Kree dan Filli. Kali ini mereka berhasil menyatukan dua ras yg awalnya saling bermusuhan demi berebut tempat di Dread Mountain. para kin dan gnome.
Katie Watkins
Another fun adventure in this series! I read this one aloud to my kids and we were surprised at some of the twists in the story. There are a few things that are still a mystery and we're having fun trying to guess what's going on. Who left the blood message on the rock? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
George Bell
Dread Mountain
Emily Rodda

Dread Mountain is the 5th book in the Deltora Quest series. It is about 2 kids called Lief and Jasmine and an adult called barda, they have a quest to do which is to get 8 special stones. In Dread mountain they have to get the saphire which is worn on the head of a giant toad called Gellick. He lives in a cave at the top of Dread Mountain. The kids and Barda fly to Dread Mountain on some flying creatures called Prin.

I thought the book was good but it wasn't as good as ot
McKenzie Richardson
A good continuation of the series. I love all of the puzzles and riddles in the text.A quick and simple read that is a lot of fun for all ages.
In this book Lief and his friends have just found the fourth Gem and are heading to find the fifth in Dread mountain. When they get to dread mountain they come across a spring. They drink the water and then they start hallucinating.

I connect this book to the first book of Deltora quest. When they first started looking for the Gems. This series is very interesting and i hope to find out what happens to the characters. This series is entertaining.

I gave this book 4 stars because i thought it was
May 02, 2015 Ashley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
Probably my favourite Deltora so far--more for the new creatures and monsters we're introduced to than the general plot itself though.
I thought the book was interesting and exciting with lots of adventure and stuff
A great tale that continues the quest and explains how the enemies weapons are created. Once again Lief and his companions are faced with challenges and meet new allies against the Shadowlord.
Fifth in the "Deltora Quest" series, more adventure, peril, help from unlikely places/characters and the usual monster guarding the fifth gem. Turning into standard fare, but what he heck, I'm an old guy reading stuff for tweens, not in itself a bad thing to do, especially when one of these tweens recommended it in the first place. Again, entertaining, some gross parts, but what's a good adventure story without those? Lookin' forward to #6.
Engaging. Great tone and pace; enough action to keep things going with enough dialog to fill out characters. I enjoyed this series greatly.
Trulee Goble
Still loving this series.
MUCH better than the last one! I want to pet a Kin!!!
Arito Sato
Okay, Lief, Jasmine and Barda travel to the Dread Mountain with the Kin who left it behind a long time ago because the gnomes moved in.

After being captured by the gnomes, the adventurers realize that the gnomes may need some help too.
Ashley kreger
the main thing i remember about this book is the evil toad who sat on top of the pile of jems and gold these creatures gathered and mad but is slain and the creatures are freed promising to help the children when ever they need it.
Oh wow. I really like how the kin and the gnomes were. I especially liked all the little tricks and stuff guarding the gnomes. Those were just really fun. Especially with how Leif, Barda and Jasmine kept figuring them out!
Book five of eight. Not as good as the previous book, but I did like the pond they found, as well as the different traps and things the gnomes had created. Very cool.

Rating: PG, for action / fantasy violence.
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • By Fire, By Moonlight (Unicorns Of Balinor, #4)
  • A Fox Called Sorrow (Little Fur, #2)
  • The Wizard's Statue (Circle of Magic #3)
  • Worry Warts
  • Double Dragon Trouble (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #15)
  • Clovermead: In the Shadow of the Bear
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green
  • The Elves and the Otterskin (World of the Alfar, #2)
  • Gift Horse (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #6)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Deltora Quest (8 books)
  • The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1)
  • The Lake of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2)
  • City of the Rats (Deltora Quest, #3)
  • The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4)
  • The Maze of the Beast (Deltora Quest, #6)
  • The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7)
  • Return to Del (Deltora Quest, #8)
The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1) City of the Rats (Deltora Quest, #3) The Lake of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2) The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4) The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7)