Start by marking “Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest, #5)

Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest #5)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  6,116 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Can Lief, Barda, and Jasmine survive Dread Mountain in the fifth action-packed Deltora Quest adventure? Now with an amazing 3-D lenticular cover!

The Shadow Lord dominates the Land of Deltora. Only Lief, Barda, and Jasmine can save it from his evil powers. To do this, they must restore all seven gems to the magic Belt of Deltora.
Four gems have been found. Now grave news has
Published August 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2000)

Ahmad Sharabiani
Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest #5), Emily Rodda
عنوان: کوهستان وحشت؛ نویسنده: امیلی رودا؛ مترجم: محبوبه نجف خانی؛ تهران، قدیانی، 1382؛ در 158 ص، مصور، نقشه؛ فروست: در جستجوی دلتورا؛ رمان نوجوانان؛ شابک: 978964176807؛ چاپ چهارم 1386؛ چاپ پنجم 1388؛ چاپ ششم 1389؛ موضوع: جادوگری - داستانهای کودکان و نوجوانان از نویسندگان امریکایی قرن 20 م
Kenrick Su9
Mar 31, 2008 Kenrick Su9 rated it really liked it
It is a comparison book as books such as other Deltora Quest books.They are all interesting and a good book to read.The characters are Lief,Barda,and Jasmine.Lief is the main character in the book.He is all ways funny but heroic.He is a very honest man.Barda,a very inpatient troll.Finally,Jasmine, a cleanliness-freak girl.She always complains about her skirt had gotten dirty and stuffs like that.Togetther,they stop the world from a monster,Gellik.I felt worried after reading this book as the las ...more
Parker O'connor
Mar 20, 2015 Parker O'connor rated it really liked it
This is my favorite books in the series. It you out meeting one some of the weirdest characters in the Deltora Quest series. These giant animals are called Kin. They are large dragon like creatures. It starts out with a young one named Prin who takes a liking to Lief. Lief finds a dream well with magic water. When he goes to sleep he can go wherever he want to see whats happening and finds out his parents have been captured, but he can't do anything to help them. He then goes to the Mountain to ...more
Lairmemo
May 26, 2011 Lairmemo rated it really liked it
The fifth book in the DELTORA QUEST series, though not as great as some of its previous installments, still is a great book and has, at least I think, a really cool Guardian this time around. Really, this book is all about the Dreaming Spring, which the Kins use every night. They drink the water from it and it allows them to spiritually visit the place or person they dream about and see what is happening to them in real life. After meeting the Kin, they take our heroes to Dread Mountain, where t ...more
Iri
May 31, 2015 Iri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deltora
Reread 31. 5. 2015

Kdo nemá rád zmutované klokany, občasné klišé a pavouky v chatě, ať tohle raději ani nečte.
Na druhou stranu, greenpeace by se asi vyřádili, když se tady podporuje toliko výsadba nových stromů.
Heather
Jan 10, 2017 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only problem with finishing Dread Mountain was knowing there are only three more books left to read in the Deltora Quest series. While the stories are formulaic (something kids like my 7 and 9 year old boys – and, I’ll be honest, I – love in reading books), there is something special about the relationship between Lief, Barda, and Jasmine that makes me feel like I am hanging out with my own old friends. I highly recommend this book, and the entire series, to everyone. It makes a great family ...more
Literary Strawberry
Dreaming water, flying kangaroo dog things, giant toad. And Jasmine being cool, but what else is new.
Tirzah
Oct 20, 2016 Tirzah rated it liked it
Shelves: deltora-quest
I really liked the introduction of the Kin and the continuing puzzles one must solve. The news of Lief's parents makes me nervous but I remain hopeful.
Marchel
Jan 27, 2011 Marchel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kisah kelima petualangan Lief, Barda, dan Jasmine untuk menemukan kembali permata-permata dari Sabuk Deltora.

Ketiga sekawan telah berhasil mendapatkan kembali Lapis Lazuli. Dengan masih dikejar kedua Carn, prajurit Kelabu yg membuntuti mereka bagaikan anjing pemburu.

Mereka bertiga sampai di hutan aneh, dengan pohon-pohon serupa. Tumbuh tegak memanjang ke atas, dengan kedua batang utama juga menunjuk ke langit. Di tengah-tengah tempat tersebut, ada sebuah kolam kecil bundar dengan sebuah lempeng
Andrew S.
I loved Dread mountain. The fifth book in the series, Lief, Barda, and Jasmine set off to dread mountain, the border to the shadowlands, where Vraals and gnomes prowl. Along the way they meet an endangered species called Kin. They also must face off against Gellick, a gigantic toad that spits acid, to retrieve the Emerald, symbol of respect and honor, which also lightens when a vow was broken.

The next book is the Maze Of The Beast. The sixth book in the series, it portrays the continued story
Christian
May 24, 2011 Christian rated it really liked it
The Genre of this book is Adventure

At the beginning of the book, the author writes a story about a king's son named Endon and a palace peasant named Jarred. At the beginning it shows Endon and Jarred's childhood and how they grew up. Endon and Jarred shared many fun memories, like chasing from the palace guards, (even though Endon was the prince) stealing apples from fruit stalls, and even walking the streets after dark. Soon Endon's father died to a severe disease placing Endon in his father's
Eric Parker
Sep 15, 2016 Eric Parker rated it it was amazing
A fun series that is remarkably well written. Though written for a younger audience it is worth reading even for adults due to the skill with which the world is crafted.
Frank
Feb 26, 2012 Frank rated it it was amazing
The quest goes on and the adventures continue to be fresh and new with lots of excitement and close calls. The trio finds a source of dreams so real they can actually travel to the source of dreams but such source can be deadly. Yet they find friends as well as foes. They not only continue their search for the gems but in the process are converting the land they visit undermining the Shadow Lord's kingdom, who is beginning to realize there are three on some sort of quest causing trouble where ev ...more
Saeed dourandish
Aug 01, 2007 Saeed dourandish rated it liked it
lif , barda va jasmin , 3hamsafari hastand ke tanha noghteye moshtarakeshan , nefrat az doshmani vahed ast. anha baraye peyda kardane 7 gohare jadoiie kamarband nacharand dast be jost o johaye khatar naki bezanand
zira tanha zamani ke kamarband kamel shavad arbabe saye ha sarnegoon mishavad.
4 gohar peyda shode va hala akhbare mohemi az khane be lif reside ast. delash mikhahad be khane bargardad ... ama jost o jo bayad edame peyda konad.
baraye yaftane 5min gohar , ghahremanane ma bayad dast be kar
Dilan
Jun 11, 2010 Dilan rated it really liked it
In this book Lief and his friends have just found the fourth Gem and are heading to find the fifth in Dread mountain. When they get to dread mountain they come across a spring. They drink the water and then they start hallucinating.

I connect this book to the first book of Deltora quest. When they first started looking for the Gems. This series is very interesting and i hope to find out what happens to the characters. This series is entertaining.

I gave this book 4 stars because i thought it was
George Bell
Apr 14, 2013 George Bell rated it liked it
Dread Mountain
Emily Rodda

Dread Mountain is the 5th book in the Deltora Quest series. It is about 2 kids called Lief and Jasmine and an adult called barda, they have a quest to do which is to get 8 special stones. In Dread mountain they have to get the saphire which is worn on the head of a giant toad called Gellick. He lives in a cave at the top of Dread Mountain. The kids and Barda fly to Dread Mountain on some flying creatures called Prin.

I thought the book was good but it wasn't as good as ot
Sarah Eagle
It's not often that you see book 5 of a series be better than previous books, but with this one it's definitely true. Everything I had to complain about in the last two books was fixed. The pacing is great, the world building is solid, the character development was steady. Rodda threw in the clever puzzles I always love, AND the ending was a genuine, pleasant surprise. Next to the first, this is my favorite installment thus far, and I have 3 to go!
If the last one was an 8, this is right back up
Tim
Jun 23, 2009 Tim rated it liked it
Fifth in the "Deltora Quest" series, more adventure, peril, help from unlikely places/characters and the usual monster guarding the fifth gem. Turning into standard fare, but what he heck, I'm an old guy reading stuff for tweens, not in itself a bad thing to do, especially when one of these tweens recommended it in the first place. Again, entertaining, some gross parts, but what's a good adventure story without those? Lookin' forward to #6.
Arito Sato
Dec 01, 2012 Arito Sato rated it liked it
日本語版
デルトラ・クエスト〈5〉恐怖の山
Katie W
Aug 25, 2014 Katie W rated it really liked it
Another fun adventure in this series! I read this one aloud to my kids and we were surprised at some of the twists in the story. There are a few things that are still a mystery and we're having fun trying to guess what's going on. Who left the blood message on the rock? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Monika
Jul 20, 2014 Monika rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
This part was less interesting than any other. Journey was quite exhausting but it had some cute and lovely parts. Final battle with a frog went a little bit unexpected. From unsolved situation suddenly characters made weird choices that of course led to the predictable end. It wasn't a fast read. I put this book down many times, and forced myself to finish reading.
Nura
Dec 29, 2014 Nura rated it liked it
war makes strange bedfellow. Lief yang tadinya cuma berdua dgn Barda, bertemu Jasmine yg ga pernah berpisah dr Kree dan Filli. Kali ini mereka berhasil menyatukan dua ras yg awalnya saling bermusuhan demi berebut tempat di Dread Mountain. para kin dan gnome.
Brad
Jun 16, 2010 Brad rated it liked it
Book five of eight. Not as good as the previous book, but I did like the pond they found, as well as the different traps and things the gnomes had created. Very cool.

Rating: PG, for action / fantasy violence.
Lucky Lion
Mar 26, 2016 Lucky Lion rated it really liked it
I really liked the dread gnomes, and I thought that they way they dealt with the giant toad was genius, even though it was last second, and pure instinct. I also thought it was awesome that the gnomes welcomed back the Kin with open arms.
Ashley kreger
Jan 21, 2011 Ashley kreger rated it it was amazing
the main thing i remember about this book is the evil toad who sat on top of the pile of jems and gold these creatures gathered and mad but is slain and the creatures are freed promising to help the children when ever they need it.
Lanie
Pretty good. I like the writing & the size of the story. It's perfect for younger readers while still being entertaining for any adults who might want to read it. & the characters are pretty good. Recommended for fans of epic fantasy.
Lu
Sep 04, 2010 Lu rated it it was amazing
Oh wow. I really like how the kin and the gnomes were. I especially liked all the little tricks and stuff guarding the gnomes. Those were just really fun. Especially with how Leif, Barda and Jasmine kept figuring them out!
Diane
Jun 12, 2016 Diane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, childrens-ya
Stacy
Jun 23, 2010 Stacy rated it liked it
Okay, Lief, Jasmine and Barda travel to the Dread Mountain with the Kin who left it behind a long time ago because the gnomes moved in.

After being captured by the gnomes, the adventurers realize that the gnomes may need some help too.
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
I'm reading this series out loud to my 9 year old son for bedtime reading. This is my favourite of the stories so far, but interestingly not his favourite. My son prefers #4 so far.
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • Secrets of the Scepter (Unicorns of Balinor, #6)
  • Hazel Green
  • School of Wizardry (Circle of Magic # 1)
  • White Crane (Samurai Kids, #1)
  • Blabber Mouth (Rowena Batts, #1)
  • Clovermead: In the Shadow of the Bear
  • Attica
  • A Fox Called Sorrow (Little Fur, #2)
  • Wish Upon a Unicorn
  • Dragonsight (The Jelindel Chronicles #3)
  • The Hawk Bandits of Tarkoom (The Secrets of Droon, #11)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Deltora Quest (8 books)
  • The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1)
  • The Lake of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2)
  • City of the Rats (Deltora Quest, #3)
  • The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4)
  • The Maze of the Beast (Deltora Quest, #6)
  • The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7)
  • Return to Del (Deltora Quest, #8)